Because of being highly lightweight and crafty, the Styrofoam materials have become quite popular among DIY lovers. However, as these are somewhat different than the regular foams, they generally do not work well with the traditional glues. If you are thinking about creating some eye-catching crafts with Styrofoam, then make sure to use the best Styrofoam glue in the market.
However, finding the best product in the market is always not that easy, especially if you are a beginner. Hence, to help you with this, we have made an exclusive list of the best Styrofoam adhesives in the market. Along with their names, we have also provided some valuable insights into their positive and negative aspects. Hence, make sure to check everything as thoroughly as possible.
Best Styrofoam Glue Reviews
1.Bob Smith Industries BSI-139H Super Glue – best glue for Styrofoam
Since its inception, Bob Smith Industries has always offered the best Styrofoam glues, and this one is the prime example of it. With the amalgamation of high-end formula and brand new adhesive technology, the glue can bond within five to fifteen seconds.
Another factor, which prompts everyone to consider it as the best glue for Styrofoam is its non-toxic nature. Hence, even if you apply this glue with your hands, you will not have to worry about allergic reactions or any other skin issues.
Due to its high-end construction, the Styrofoam glue from Bob Smith Industries can bond with ceramics, clear plastic, wood, and fiberglass quite comfortably. Besides, it is also odorless. So, unlike the other glues, you would have to feel embarrassed due to the bad smell issues.
However, the only issue with this glue is that it can dry up if you leave it in any open place. So, after you have used it, make sure to close its seal as tightly as possible and keep it in a box.
- Owing to its high-end adhesive technology, it can dry up almost instantly.
- It can work in all conditions.
- The glue is compatible with nearly any type of foam.
- It works perfectly on wet surfaces.
- The glue is non-toxic.
- It can get dried up if left in an airy place.
2. Glue10 – 4 Tubes – Universal Adhesive – best glue for Styrofoam ceiling tiles
Are you looking for a Styrofoam glue to cater to your ceiling tiles? Then, this product from FotSafe would be perfect for your cause. Like the previous glue in this list, this one has been made with robust bonding technology. Therefore, you can use almost any type of foam without any issues.
Moreover, unlike most other affordable Styrofoam glue products in the market, this one does not contain any solvent material. Therefore, no matter where you put it, it will not dry up that quickly.
However, the factor, which prompts most people to consider it as the best glue for Styrofoam ceiling tiles, is the imported adhesive technology. It helps the glue to stick with the ceiling tiles a lot more quickly and conveniently.
Nevertheless, unlike the previous glue on this list, it only works best with the ceiling tiles. Therefore, you will not be able to use it on other materials.
- It does not contain any solvent material.
- It can bond the tiles very quickly.
- With permanent adhesive technology, it provides robust bonding.
- It is waterproof and can work in any environment.
- It is not versatile at all.
3. Aleene’s Original 3 Pack – best Styrofoam glue
When talking about the best Styrofoam glue in the market, the first name that comes to mind is Aleene’s Original 3 Pack. Due to the availability of super adhesive technology, this model can work on almost any surface.
Furthermore, it can dry a lot quicker with the ultra tacky formula than the other products on the market. Hence, if you are thinking about making some quick crafts, this product would be the best choice.
Besides, the product also does not contain any non-toxic or harmful material. Therefore, you can use it with your bare hands without any issues. Even as the glue is not odorous at all, it will not embarrass you in any way.
Moreover, there is no solvent material available in this product. So, after applying, it would not make your craft look yellow or discolored by any means.
- It is excellent for making Styrofoam and papercrafts.
- Its high-end adhesion helps it in holding everything strongly.
- The glue is waterproof and dries up quite quickly.
- It does not get affected by weather changes or other exterior elements.
- The glue is attuned with almost every type of material.
- It is quite thick
- The product is a little bit pricey.
4. UHU POR Styrofoam adhesive 40g tube – the best adhesive for Styrofoam
Are you on the lookout for a Styrofoam adhesive with high elasticity? Then, this product from the German company, UHU, would be perfect for you. Like most other UHU glues, this one, too, has been made up with advanced adhesive technology. It makes the product a lot more flexible and helps it to resist aging issues.
Another thing, which makes it the best adhesive for Styrofoam, is its elasticity. Due to this reason, you can use it on almost any type of Styrofoam material, such as Tergopor, Styropor, and Unicel.
Moreover, the product is also known to be waterproof. Therefore, you can use it in almost any environment or any surface. However, unlike the other glues on this list, you would have to leave this glue for at least 10 to 20 minutes for drying, which is quite lengthy.
- It is best for using on hard foams, such as Styrofoam.
- The Styrofoam adhesive is quite flexible and elastic.
- It can resist aging quite capably.
- It comes in a transparent color.
- It is waterproof
- It is quite expensive.
- The product is quite thick.
5. FloraCraft Non-Toxic Foam Glue – best glue for Styrofoam to wood
When talking about Styrofoam’s best glue to wood, the first thing that comes to our attention is FloraCraft Non-Toxic Foam Glue. Specially designed for holding the Styrofoam materials firmly together, the glue exhibits an exquisite combination of durability and bond strength. Hence, besides Styrofoam, you can use it on several other things too.
Moreover, due to its highly invasive nature, it can quickly get into the cracks of Styrofoam and offers a snug bond. Also, as FloraCraft has not used any solvent material to make this glue, it can maintain its bond for a prolonged period.
Furthermore, like the other products on this list, this FloraCraft product, too, can withstand weather changes quite comfortably. It is yet another feature that makes one of the best Styrofoam glue on the market.
- It offers durable bonding and can maintain it for a lot of time.
- It can survive in extreme weather conditions as well.
- The glue can offer a stronger bond even in extreme weather conditions.
- It is quite versatile.
- The glue is quite thick, which makes it difficult for the users to apply it appropriately.
6. Loctite PL 300 Foamboard VOC Latex Construction
If seen from a general viewpoint, the Loctite PL 300 can be perfect for using on Styrofoam for several reasons. It can bond with almost every type of surface, for starters, such as drywall, wood, brick, concrete, etc.
Moreover, it is also compatible with all types of Styrofoam insulation products. Hence, if you use it as directed, it will not affect your foam craft’s quality in any way. Also, it is made by following the Low VOC formulation, which means that it is non-toxic. Therefore, even if you use it with better hands, it will not affect your skin or hand in any way.
Furthermore, the product is also compatible with Foamboard. Therefore, it will not affect or dissolve the material in any way. Also, as it is completely water-resistant, it can be used on both outdoor and indoor projects.
- It is quite versatile and, hence, can be used in any weather condition.
- It can easily bridge minor gaps and cracks when applied on irregular surfaces.
- Due to its high grab capability, it can also reduce the usage of fastener products.
- It can bond with almost every building material and provides a durable as well as a strong bond.
- It is not that effective with the polyethylene and polytetrafluoroethylene materials.
7. Weldbond 8-50420 Multi-Purpose Adhesive Glue – best glue for Styrofoam balls
Weldbond 8-50420 is a universal and multi-purpose adhesive, which can bond with almost anything and everything, including, of course, Styrofoam. Moreover, Weldbond did not use any fume material to make their product. Hence, it is quite non-flammable and would not harm your skin in any way.
Widely known as the best glue for Styrofoam balls, this product can also be used in several different applications, such as sealer, glue, primer, and a bonding agent. Also, as it contains a high amount of solid content, you will be able to dilute it quite quickly.
The Weldbond 8-50420 dries within only a few moments and offers a highly durable bond. However, if you want to, you can easily remove it by applying a small amount of water.
- It is non-toxic and non-flammable.
- The glue is quite flexible and can be used in various ways.
- It gets diluted quite quickly.
- Easy to apply
- It dries quickly and offers a durable bond.
- It can cause coloring issues due to its white hue.
8. Akfix 310 Instant Grab Adhesive – best glue for Styrofoam to metal
Are you searching for the best glue for Styrofoam to metal? Then, the Akfix 310 would definitely be perfect for you as it comes with several high-end features and components. For starters, it is solvent-free. Hence, it would not take much time to dry up and will offer strong bonding.
Like most other products of Akfix, this one, too, has an excellent gap-filling capacity. Therefore, it can work correctly on rough surfaces. Moreover, it is also weatherproof. Hence, you can use it in any environment or weather condition that you want to.
After application, it generally does not generate that much odor, making it perfect for DIY lovers.
- It can help to repair cracks on walls and plasters.
- It can be used in any weather.
- Suitable for use in both outdoors and indoors
- It does not contain any solvent component.
9. Beacon Hold The Foam Glue 2oz
Are you on the hunt for the most affordable Styrofoam glue? Then, Beacon Hold the Foam would be perfect for your cause. It offers an excellent and almost instantaneous bond. However, after applying, you would still get enough time to reposition everything properly.
Another factor that makes it the best Styrofoam glue in the market is its versatile nature. With this, you can attach almost any material, such as wood, paper, and fabric, with the Styrofoam material.
Also, this product from Beacon is both non-flammable and non-toxic. This glue feature makes it a lot safer to use around both the pets and your children. The only problem with this glue is that it takes around thirty minutes to bond appropriately.
- It is solvent-free, which makes it both non-flammable and non-toxic.
- The glue is quite versatile and can be used on fabric, paper, and wood.
- It can be cleaned up with water quite comfortably.
- It is cheaper than its rivals in the market.
- It takes quite a bit of time to provide a proper bond.
10. Gorilla Clear Glue, 3.75-ounce Bottle – best glue to use on Styrofoam
If you do proper research, you will be able to find many affordable products in the market. However, none of them can beat the Gorilla Clear Glue, both in quality and quantity.
Unlike its rivals, this Gorilla product has a crystal clear color. Hence, with it, you would have to face discoloring issues. Besides, as it has been made with non-foaming formula, you can use it both on porous and non-porous surfaces.
Another factor, which prompts everyone to consider it as the best glue to use on Styrofoam, is its high bonding capacity. Due to this reason, you can use it in any environmental condition quite comfortably.
However, make sure not to use it on the polypropylene or polyethylene plastic material. It can affect and dissolve them.
- It is quite easy to apply and use
- Due to its flexible nature, it can bond with almost anything and everything.
- It dries quite quickly and offers a strong and durable bond.
- It is water-resistant and, hence, can be used in any environment.
- It does not work correctly on plastic-made crafting products.
So, these were some of the best Styrofoam glues that you can get in this market. If you are still confused about anything, then make sure to check out the whole article again to know more clearly about the products. To get some more help with this issue, make sure to move on to this article’s buying guide.
Factors to consider while buying a Styrofoam Glue Product
Purchasing the best Styrofoam glue in this market can be quite tricky, especially if you do not know much about the aspect. Hence, before opting for anything, you would have to follow some small tips and ask a few questions to yourself. Here is what you need to know about them.
Before you start your shopping, the first thing that you need to know about the types of glue that you can use with Styrofoam. The following are some of them.
- Basic Crafting Glue: These types of glues are best for creating casual and straightforward arts and projects with Styrofoam. They are non-toxic, can work on any weather, and dry up a lot quicker than others.
- Spray Adhesive: Spray adhesives are one of the modern types of glues. Unlike the basic crafting glues, they offer a lot more convenient and practical manner of glue usage. However, as they contain a high amount of water, they usually take a little time to dry up. Hence, if you want to quick solution, then they will not be ideal for you.
- Styroglue: As you can understand from its name, a Styroglue is specially designed for use with Styrofoam materials. They are a lot more affordable than spray adhesives.
Furthermore, unlike the basic crafting glue, they are a lot easier to apply. If you are thinking about working with Styrofoam products, then using Styroglue can be the best idea for you.
Is It Easy to Apply?
It is one of those questions that you should always ask yourself before buying Styrofoam glues. Most adhesive materials generally come with a little or a high amount of toxic components. Hence, if you apply them on a Styrofoam with your bare hands, it might affect your skin.
Therefore, you should always opt for a product that comes with spray technology or features a tube design.
Several high-end Styrofoam types of glue are available in the market, which is quite efficient but causes a lot of bad smell. Hence, if you apply them in a high amount, you might get embarrassed due to your craftwork’s smelliness. So, before buying Styrofoam glues, you should also check out properly if it is odorous or not.
Most of the Styrofoam glues, nowadays, generally do cost a pretty good fortune. If you want to purchase a product, which is a perfect example of value for money, then make sure to go for the multipurpose glues. With them, you will be able to work with Styrofoam and fiberglass, and ceramics too. So, going for them will definitely be an excellent idea for you.
The bonding time of the Styrofoam glues will determine how efficiently you can work with them. It would help if you always went for products with a bonding time of five to ten seconds for more convenience. However, if you are looking for affordable products, then going for the glues, which have a bonding time of 20 seconds or less, could be perfect for you too.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Styrofoam glue?
The Styrofoam glues are a type of adhesive material, which can help you to connect and repair Styrofoam pieces. These glues generally offer extremely tight bonding and can work in almost any environment.
What kind of glue to use on Styrofoam?
While working on doing something crafty with your Styrofoam materials, you should always use the Styrofoam glues to get the best results. However, if you want to, you can also use the super glues for the same purpose. Nevertheless, they will not be able to work as efficiently as the Styrofoam glues. Moreover, if you apply it in a high amount, then it can also melt or dissolve the Styrofoam products.
Why does super glue melt Styrofoam?
Superglue, as well as the other similar types of adhesive products, tends to melt the Styrofoam materials. It usually happens as these glue products generally contain many organic solvents, which softens the Styrofoam. This, in turn, makes it difficult for you to work on it correctly.
Does super glue melt Styrofoam?
Yes, if you use too much super glue on a Styrofoam, then it can soften or melt it completely. Hence, while working with the Styrofoam contents, you should always use the proper Styrofoam glue on it to get the best results.
How to use Styrofoam glue?
Using Styrofoam glue is quite easy and convenient. For that, first, you would have to wipe the Styrofoam properly. Otherwise, the dust can cause interference with the adhesion. Once you have cleaned it thoroughly, then you can use the adhesive material on its surface thoroughly. After that, you would only have to join the glue-applied Styrofoam with the other material to complete your task.
How to make Styrofoam glue?
Making Styrofoam glue all by yourself is quite simple and easy. You would only have to follow a few steps for it. Firstly, you would have to collect the much-required materials: acetone, Styrofoam, and a ceramic dish. You need to pour the acetone into the dish and place the Styrofoam in the middle of it. After that, you would have to keep pressing the Styrofoam in the acetone until it completely dissolves with the liquid. Then, you shall only have to place the gooey material into an airtight container and keep it there for five to six hours to prepare your glue.