Sharpeners are essential equipment for all children who go to school. It is not only required by students but also by teachers to sharpen the pencil in bulk for the students.
In this article, we decided to make a fantastic electric pencil sharpener that is very fast and useful. This sharpener has a separate container for accumulating garbage that can be easily cleaned in about a minute. The pencil sharpener is made of cardboard and a DC motor (DC motor). If you think to make it hazardous then you can choose the best one by reading our the best electric pencil sharpeners review article and hope this will help you.
Table of Contents
Step 1: Collection of materials
- DC motor with gear
- Li-Ion 3.7v battery
- Battery holder
- Glue gun
- Cutter Knife
- Pencil sharpener
- Bottle cap
Step 2: Combine DC motor and pencil sharpener
- Take the plastic bottle cap and mark the center point.
- With a mini drill and knife cut a rectangular slot in the center of the lid.
- Take the DC motor with gear and attach the bottle cap to the motor shaft.
- Take a manual pencil sharpener.
- Using a mini drill, make a rectangular hole opposite the pencil hole in the pencil sharpener.
- Fix the sharpener on the motor shaft over the bottle cap.
- Secure the sharpener and bottle cap to the motor shaft with hot glue.
- Make sure that the pencil hole in the sharpener is in line with the motor shaft.
Step 3: Make the cardboard pieces
- Cut a piece of cardboard of 7.5 cm x 6.3 cm in size.
- Stick the motor mechanism in the center of the cardboard.
- Make sure that the sharpener hole aligns with the top edge of the cardboard.
- Cut another piece of cardboard of 15 cm x 7 cm.
- Glue the smallest piece and the DC motor perpendicular to the base.
- Cut two identical pieces of cardboard.
- Place a switch on one of the cardboard pieces.
Step 4: Make the connections
- Using hot glue, stick the piece of cardboard on one side.
- Take the piece of cardboard with the switch and connect the wires to the motor.
- Also, take the battery and connect the cables to complete the circuit.
- The circuit must be connected to control the motor with a switch directly.
- Cut another piece of cardboard about 7 cm x 6 cm.
- Glue the piece of cardboard to the bottom of the sharpener.
Step 5: Complete the cabinet
- Cut two pieces of cardboard.
- Be sure to cut a battery door in one of the pieces.
- Paste the two pieces of cardboard as shown.
- Take a card and remove the thick top layer of it.
- With hot glue, stick the cardboard to close the cabinet
- The pencil sharpener case is almost complete with a semi-cylindrical roof.
Step 6: Garbage container
- Cut two small pieces of identical cardboard.
- Cut the pieces of cardboard in such a way that they resemble a window door.
- Glue the pieces to the cardboard window doors.
- Make the garbage container.
- Be sure not to use excessive glue on the edges to avoid friction while inserting the garbage container into the sharpener.
- Insert the garbage container into the pencil sharpener and make sure it remains fixed without problems.
Step 7: Insert the battery
- Open the battery door on the back and insert a battery.
- Close the battery door to use the sharpener.
- Our pencil sharpener machine is now ready.
- Turn on the machine.
- Insert the pencil into the hole.
- Hold the sharpener machine firmly.
- The pencil sharpens very quickly and easily.
So friends here concludes the tutorial. Thanks for your support!