When you buy your first electric motor, you do not know yet how much you will have to pay for a battery and charger. These last two elements “sink” the budget. For a motor $300, spending almost the same amount for his food makes cringe. I suggest you go around the different models of battery for your boat.
1. Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M BlueTop Starting and Deep Cycle Marine Battery
Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M had been top-rated trolling motor battery among the consumers for a long time. Its versatility, which always appeals the consumers to love and use it more. The design, safety precautions, and no maintenance fuss always give an excellent boost to the Customers. So, what don’t we have a quick review of this particular battery? So, join the quest with me and learn many important facts about Optima Battery 8016-103 D34M.
An Overview of the brand:
Optima Battery 8016-103 D34M Specific Features Review:
- Design: The design of Optima Battery is the main attraction of the whole point. As I told you before, it’s a versatile trolling motor. The design is made in such a way that you can use it for multi-purposes. It can be used in starting plus in deep cycling and also give proper assistance who need strong cranking or sure-starting. It also provides a maintenance free power source for your RV or Boat. I can assure you; it functions equally efficiently in harsh conditions.
Their revolutionary SpiralCell design, which provides tons of pros including a strong and clean power source, the Safety option for you, your neighborhood, your family and the environment. It gives a higher reserve capacity which will ensure that you get a longer lifespan when and wherever you require it. The design of Optima Battery 8016-103 D34M is completely fit to use in recreational boats or vehicles. I think it’s also a good option for camping sites.
- AGM Battery: 12 volts AGM deep cycle battery that has no maintenance fuss. There is no concern to add distilled water. I can assure you; it’s entirely encased. This particular feature gives you an opportunity to mount this battery virtually in any position plus its spill proof. Most importantly, it offers three times more recharges than any other marine batteries. The vibration resistance is more than awesome; it’s more than fifteen times than wet-cell. It weighs around 23.5 pounds which I think quite reasonable weight.
- Can take all weather extremes easily without any difficulty.
- Can be mounted on your preferable angle plus no worries of acid spillage.
- Moderate Weight.
- Time-saving, as it takes very little time for recharging.
- 24-month warranty, but I can assure you, it will last a long time. As far as I talk to its consumers, their batteries last a long time. Even lasting time is a little different among my contacted consumers. But I concluded in average time; it’s around 5-10 years.
- Even with excessive power use, this battery will not disappoint you. It will last 11 hours even with the heavy power usage.
- No extra care or maintenance needed.
- It will never overcharge, but for this, you have to use the right charger.
- I will not address this point as a con; it’s better if we consider it as a maintenance tip. Well, if you don’t use the right charger, then maybe you have the chance to end up your battery overcharging. You need to follow certain instructions to charge the battery. The instructions will help you in the long run. So, I will recommend you to follow it.
- Well, here is another news. If you think the charger is free of cost, then I want to mention, the case is not like that. You have to pay an additional price for it.
Move on with the next review.
2. VMAX MR127 12 Volt 100Ah AGM Deep Cycle Maintenance Free Battery for boats and 40-100lb minnkota,, cobra, sevylor and other trolling motor (12V 100AH, GROUP 27 Marine Deep Cycle AGM Battery)
Now I will review another trolling motor battery which is top on my list. It’s the most powerful motor that you have ever across on the market
To define its functionality, they have a motto, “tough batteries for tough applications.” It fits when we look at this battery’s functionality.
An Overview of the brand:
In their Words,
VMAX MR127 Specific Features Review:
- 100Ah Rating: Having 100AH rating, you can easily expect that you are going to last a long time on or in the water even if you are going to use a powerful motor. I assure you, it can easily handle 40-pound thrust motor with no sweat. In this case, you can expect to go more than 12 hours at lowest speed, more than 7 hours AT MEDIUM SPEED, and around 2 hours 30 minutes at full speed.
I just talked to some consumers of this product to check if by chance I get any new piece of information. Luckily, one of them mentions an interesting fact; he told me that it could also manage 55-pound thrust trolling motor. He just examined it on his boat. I expressed my doubt about its going? But Noah (his name) assured me, it did great. He also told me to note that, in lower speed at 55-pound thrust trolling motor, it goes strong more than 8 hours. In medium speed, you can expect to go for 5 hours. If you like to give it a try at full speed, then you can expect to go it for 1 hour 45 minutes. The statistics look promising.
- AGM electrolyte suspension system: This outstanding system not only enhance battery’s performance but also make sure it doesn’t need much maintenance. In fact, it’s a zero maintenance battery. Also, it also makes sure that the battery recharges very quickly. In fact, it recharges in half the time when you are the recharging time with a standard battery. More importantly, the recharging job can be done in various ways such as a solar panel, a vehicle alternator or a wind turbine. But, please noted that don’t use a smaller charger or a maintainer to recharge it.
- Build in: It builds with a durable and thick plastic case which ensures that it keeps safe from any vibration, plus other common causes of tear and wear. As the body comes with tough plastic, so you can understand that it mainly designed to be fitted in a power kit.
- Provides exceptional deep cycle performance.
- Easy to Mount.
- Designed to last for a long time.
- Operates in all kinds of weather.
- Quick Recharge and Maintenance free
- 30-day money back guarantee
- To manage 100 Ah, undoubtedly need a big battery. So, here you can guess that it’s cumbersome, weighs around 68 lbs. I also like to mention the measure which is 7 inches deep and12.1 inches wide. So, yes be sure that your boat an take the size of it. Here I would like to assure you that it comes with a couple of plastic carry handles. So, there is not much tension for carrying.
- Not designed as a starter battery, but that’s not a problem, once it gets going, then you will keep on going.
3. VMAX857 AGM Battery 12 Volt 35AH Marine Deep Cycle HI Performance Battery ideal for boats and 18-35lb minnkota, minnkota, cobra, sevylor and other trolling motor (12V 35AH, GROUP U1)
After a lot of research, I found another trolling motor batter which I believe is worth mentioning for its outstanding features. And most importantly, it’s not pricey; it’s has a very reasonable price which I think most of the people can easily afford.
VMAX857 is a functional battery which gives powerful performance with trolling motors like Minn Kota, Sevylor and Cobra, etc. You can count on this battery for all deep cycle functions. It will never disappoint you.
An Impression about the Manufacturer:
VMAX857 AGM Battery Specific Features Review:
- AGM Battery: It comes with the 35Ah rating. I can assure you its superior to other trolling motor batteries which have 35Ah regarding functionality. It’s a great choice for 18 to 35 lb trolling motors which needs the battery that has the capacity of 12 volt 35Ah.
- Design: Due to AGM design and SLA technology, this battery always gives a powerful performance, plus increase the performance. If you are wondering, how I can be so confident about it. Well, it’s because silica gel or any toxin is not used on this battery because of AGM Design. For this reason, the mat can easily absorb the electrolyte entirely. Most importantly, No excessive gas can make its hoarding inside the battery. As it’s exclusively designed with the safety release valves.
- Built in: The construction of this battery is sturdy. Because of sealing technology, it will provide a leak-proof performance. You can easily mount it according to your needs. It will never affect its durability and functionality. Another important feature is that it encased in a robust, durable ABS plastic. And it ensures that this battery gets extra protection against any warping and bulging of the plate.
- Backup Generator: Well, here I am going to reveal some fun facts about this battery. It could be an alternative power backup generator which can use in the home if the electricity goes out or in camping to light up. If you are worrying about its maintenance, then I am assuring you, you don’t need to. It’s an AGM battery, so acid can never spill out because of ABS plastic encasement. So, it’s maintenance-free.
- Self-discharge: This battery doesn’t have the problem of self-discharge. Even if it is, then it could be 1-2% in the month where other standard battery’s discharge could be 2-3%
- Can uphold for a long time in a low speed.
- Lightweight battery. So, it’s very easy for you to mount and dismount.
- Includes a standard carrying handle, so, very Easy to carry.
- No Maintenance fuss
- Spill-proof, so you set it on your preferable angle.
- Quickly rechargeable.
- Best known to last for a longer time
- 24-month warranty.
- I think it won’t work great with any random chargers. For the awesome result, It needs a particular charger (VMAX BC1204 3.3A 4-Stage Automatic Microprocessor Controlled Battery Smart Charger) (Shop now)
- I again want to mention that it can only handle small trolling motors which are of 18 – 35 lb.
Move on, with another review of best trolling motor batteries.
4. Mighty Max Battery 12V 35AH SLA Battery for John Deere Tractor Riding Mower brand product
Previously, we go the review of VMAX857 AGM Battery. After this, I thought about what people thought about the price of these products. So, I talked to trolling motor battery specialists, consumers, and enthusiasts about VMAX or Optima batteries, where I find some of them thinks they VMAX or optima are a little pricey. They can’t afford it. They like to find an alternative battery which is cheap as well as functional. Of Course, many of them are ok with the price. But I feel I should add a cheaper trolling motor battery. It’s not very easy to choose as cheaper products features are not so functional and great.
After this, I have done a lot of research in forums and talked to a lot of consumers. Then, I selected a trolling battery which I believe has some excellent features which could serve the consumers well. So, here I am reviewing a cheap trolling motor with the same ah rating as VMAX857 as I find it could be a great alternative for pricey batteries.
The Mighty Max 12 35Ah SLA Battery is sturdy like its name. It won my heart to offer a lot of awesome features at a low price. Why don’t we get an impression about it? Again, join the quest with me and find everything about Mighty Max 12 35AH SLA Battery.
An Overview of the brand:
In their own words,
Mighty Max 12 35AH SLA Battery Specific Features Review:
- AGM Technology: Because of AGM Technology, you don’t have to bother about acid spillage as it’s entirely sealed and well-absorbed in its glass mat. Free from any kind of corrosion, so you have the freedom to constant clean up. Easily can be mounted in your preferable angle. No worries of spillage.
- SLA: This battery is designed with SLA which means that it’s sealed lead acid which can also be identified as valve-regulated. It allows gases to escape through ventilation. So, no worries about being overheated or damaged.
- Measure: The measurement is quite good for managing while you are mounting or dismounting it. The battery dimension is 68” x 5.16” x 7.13,” and it weighs around 23.15 pounds.
- Service Duration: The service duration is different, it depends on settings. In an example, I can say it can go for more than 3 hours when you are giving a try with middle settings. 30-pound thrusting trolling motor is the ideal choice for this battery.
- Withstanding Capability: This battery has a durable and robust body which can endure any kind of vibration and shock. It works equally great on all weather extremes without any kind of difficulty.
- Design: The battery comes with thick heavy plates which ensure that you can discharge longer and deeper without no worries of losing power. The charging speed is also very fast. It charges five-times-faster than any non-AGM batteries. Self-discharge is very low. So, you can store it; they can use it whenever you need it.
- No fuss about maintenance which saves a lot of time.
- Lightweight battery, which is excellent for boats like Kayak.
- Superb flexible.
- No need for any particular charger.
- Need very little space to mount it.
- Designed to last for a long g time.
- 30-day refund policy
- one year warranty
- This trolling motor battery will just work great on small trolling motors. In other cases, the picture could be different. It’s not very great for powerful deep seas functions.
Move on, with the next review of best trolling motor batteries.
5. ExpertPower EXP12180-2 Standard RBC7 Replacement Rechargeable SLA Battery (Reuse Existing Connectors, 12 Volt 18 Ah), 2 Pack
This battery is a star on Amazon, eBay or Walmart. It’s the most reviewed and popular trolling battery on online retailers. This battery is a perfect choice if you are going to power or fuel a 24-volt trolling motor. As the battery type is – 2 x 12 Volt so, it can be connected jointly for more power.
An Overview of the brand:
In their own words,
ExpertPower EXP12180-2 Standard Specific Features Review:
- AGM Tech: This battery designed with sealed AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) tech, so they can be easily positioned in any angle on your boat. It also provides enough safety plus A Wide Functioning Temperature Range. Both batteries have 18 amp hours. So, it can be used as a spare battery.
- Construction: It comes with very rugged and durable construction. They designed exclusively with no maintenance feature and valve regulated so that you don’t have to face any problem. They also made sure that the installation process would be easy and user-friendly. The dimension is 7.1 * 6. * 3 inches.
- Sealed Lead Acid Battery With T3 Terminals
- Easy installation process saves a lot of time.
- The weight is around 24 pounds which could be a little heavy for some people. But I think, in most cases, people find this weight a reasonable weight.