Beauty and vogue are the main factors in the long run today. You can say it is assumed to be socially unacceptable if you aren’t following the trend. The latest mania running widely across the globe today is piercing of the body parts. The major portions where they are done are the ears, nose, tragus, eyebrows, lip, tongue, belly, and naval. It might sound a bit strange, but yes, these area wise piercings have become very common and require a lot of care during their healing process. This article will lead you towards some of the best aftercare piercing products.
Why is aftercare piercing so important?
The human body is a meshwork of complex systems. As soon as it is exposed to new changes, it tends to respond negatively if not taken care of. Piercings can cause infections and delayed healing if they are not monitored or paid attention to.
Since the chances of infection rise to a certain degree, it is essential to keep the pierced area hygienic and devoid of bacterial contamination. The aftercare products mentioned below are easily available on Amazon and will offer you the best regimens for your piercings, along with making your life a lot easier.
Best Piercing Aftercare Products Review
Have you recently got your tongue pierced? Is it kind of uncomfortable to adopt the new change?
It certainly is because your oral cavity or the mucosa is not used to such changes. One can do the best thing to use the H2Ocean Arctic Ocean Rinse Mouthwash, which is the best mouthwash for tongue piercing.
This aftercare mouthwash consists of sea salt, which is the key ingredient having a soothing and anti-inflammatory property. The presence of xylitol helps maintain the integrity of a cooling sensation. Another main salient feature of this after piercing care mouthwash is the absence of alcohol and fluoride. Fluoride tends to discolor teeth and gives a brownish hue to their enamel surface.
After a few hours after getting your tongue pierced, just un-cap the bottle, pour one part mouth wash and one part water into the cap and gargle gently. It will keep bacterial contamination at bay and will leave your pierced area cool and soothed.
It is not surprising to say that dentists recommend this H2Ocean Arctic Ocean Rinse Mouthwash for daily use for other oral conditions. It is by far the best product for the maintenance of oral hygiene.
- It gives an exceptionally fresh feeling to the mouth, which is very long-lasting.
- Unlike other mouthwashes, it is not toxic at all and is oral environment-friendly.
- The presence of menthol refreshes the area to a very considerable level, and users find it an overwhelming ingredient.
- This mouthwash is not just used for piercing aftercare alone but also for other oral lesions and their associated structures.
- It contains Poloxamer 407, which hurts the liver, leading to severe problems if ingested.
- Not safe if swallowed in a greater amount.
- It is not a replacement for self-made salt mouthwashes.
- Vitamin-C forms sodium benzoate, which is, in turn, not worthy enough to be swallowed.
After the leading success of tongue piercing, folks are now following the new trend of lip piercing. It looks voguish and portraits more like a classy aspect. One thing that requires major concern here is that the lip area is considered one of the most sensitive areas of the face. Any injury to this part can cause permanent mutilation and disfigurement of the lip.
Due to constant exposure to the external environment, the lips need extra care after piercing. The Recovery oral piercing aftercare sea salt mouth rinse is the best mouthwash for lip piercing.
The presence of Sea Salt keeps the oral environment natural and less irritated. The pierced areas remain and permit new cell growth. The infiltration of mineral-rich Maris Sal has added another outstanding property to the mouthwash. It has a collection of minerals that eventually heal up the lips, chin, and other oral piercings naturally.
It is not just appended in candies, but it is also infused in oral rinses for a refreshed feeling and breath. It will keep your pierced area free of odor, which does arise as a result of infections. It is crucial to choose an oral rinse free of alcohol, paraben, artificial colors, sweeteners, or flavors. So you must be surprised to know that this piercing aftercare mouthwash is vegan-friendly.
This piercing aftercare care Mouthwash is multi-functional. Once you get your hands on it, you will realize that it not just caresses your piercing but also heals and repairs other oral problems as well. These could be oral ulcers, removal of a mucocele, post-extraction socket, and burning mouth syndrome.
- It has exceedingly a good taste, unlike the homemade saltwater gargle, which is not pleasant to the lips.
- Best for daily rinsing purposes.
- It provides a very sterile environment by killing bacteria and its spores, hence preventing infection.
- The infusion of peppermint relieves inflammation and replenishes the skin.
- This mouthwash is not suitable for children.
- It cannot be applied to incisions and damaged skin.
3. Urban ReLeaf Piercing Solution – best piercing cleaning solution
It feels great when you have brought a new change in yourself and get noticed, it could be either getting your brows done or carrying a new piercing! Your piercing expert will never guide you as to how you should care for your affected area. This guide will help you how.
After being punched, the pierced area needs to be given a hoot because it becomes sensitive and more vulnerable to infections. These infections are further susceptible to give rise to further other major problems if left unattended.
In such cases, you need an aftercare piercing product. The Urban ReLeaf piercing solution is a sure thing that has come to the rescue. It does not require any mixing and is ready to use. Once you apply the solution to your pierced area, it disinfects and cleans it. The healing turnover increases to a considerable amount and new cells are produced rapidly. You will notice that the solution works fast and is very gentle on the skin.
The main ingredient of all piercing aftercare products is Medicated sea salt, responsible for soothing the stretched and inflamed area. The incorporation of vitamins and minerals make it a highly recommended and best cleaning solution. Tea-tree being the sole survivor of all skin related products, is best in promoting a healing and calming effect. The manufacturers of this solution added Aloe Vera and Vitamin E to enhance the skin’s nourishment, followed by getting rid of the redness caused due to piercing punch.
Unlike other products sold in the name of purity, Urban ReLeaf is trusted and is extremely free of all harmful chemicals. It only consists of natural extracts and essential oils with a fusion of sea salt.
The ideal method of using this Urban ReLeaf Piercing Solution is to soak it into a cotton ball and hold it on the piercing area twice a day. This regimen evades off any bacterial contamination and works with the body’s natural salinity.
- Ideal for compressing the nasty bumps that arise on the nose after piercing.
- It has a very rapid action and resolves bumps within a few days.
- This piercing aftercare is beneficial for septate piercing, which doesn’t heal on its own.
- It has a very long shelf-life, which means it can be used over and over again for a very long period of time.
- It produces some kind of salt crust that requires to be wiped off frequently.
- Not recommended for those with susceptible skin.
Are you looking for something that can pamper and caress your angry stretchy piercing?
Well, then you have landed at the right place. Urban ReLeaf now brings up the Urban ReLeaf healing solution, exclusively for cleaning and healing the pierced areas. If you get your hands on it, you will surely not be disappointed at all.
An ideally acceptable cleaning solution is supposed to be skin-friendly, affordable, non-irritant, and absorbable. The Urban ReLeaf piercing solution is the one that has all the ideal cleaning solution properties.
Healing Sea Salt, vitamins, and minerals are the active ingredients of this product. The soothing and repair achieved from healing sea salts will keep your piercing devoid of inflammation. The vitamins present will moisten the stretchy area, which has dried out due to piercing. Aloe Vera and Tea Tree oil’s blend increased the cell turn over and acted as antiseptic agents. The ingredients, on the whole, make this product the best cleaning solution.
The most appropriate method to use the Urban ReLeaf cleaning solution is to mix ¼ teaspoon with 1 cup of warm water, and your solution is ready! Just soak it in a cotton ball and dab on the pierced area, and press it for about 2-3 minutes. You will notice a mild degree of numbness, but that is completely fine because it is how the solution works.
- It comes in a lidded jar, which is easy to spoon out, unlike other bottles.
- Very reliable for pus-filled bumps and relieves the pain that arises from it.
- Eases off from throbbing pain occurring in any pierced area of the body.
- It keeps infections at bay by killing bacterial spores.
- It requires to be mixed with hot water while using and has shown little effect with cold water.
- Has shown remains of crystallization around the pierced area, which forms sharp edges.
Belly and naval piercings are hitting the highest trends now. If you plan to get one done, then buying a Provon medicated lotion soap is a pre-requisite. Since the abdomen area is sensitive and may become numb after piercing, it is crucial to keep it free of bacterial and fungal viruses.
The bacteriostatic and antimicrobial nature of this lotion makes it very considerate for use. The Association of professional piercers recommends this lotion to be used by candidates who have got their piercings done. In some cases, piercers fail to punch the area accurately when they accidentally move; this results in severe inflammation followed by wear and tear of the skin. This Provon Medicated lotion soap’s consistent use reduces the inflammation and acts as the best germicidal medicated soap for piercing aftercare.
The reason behind the scavenger property of Provon medicated lotion soap is because of the presence of Chloroxylenol. It is completely non-alcoholic and non-irritant. It belongs to the class of phenols, which have a wide range of antiseptics and disinfectants.
Its use is very undemanding; all you need while taking a shower just apply it on your entire body focusing on the piercing, lather it smoothly till it becomes foamy. Rinse it with water and pat dry. For best results, use lukewarm water for rinsing as it helps you relax and soothe better.
- loved by many customers due to its antibacterial nature as piercings are vulnerable to infections.
- It has a delightful smell, which makes it very user-friendly.
- Best for navel/belly button piercings as its absorption power is very high.
- This germicidal soap makes a good lather while in use and is non-greasy on the skin.
- Proven medicated soap lotion does not affect painful piercings.
- A mild swelling arises during the healing process, which is a negative property of this product.
Sprays and aerosols tend to absorb ten times more rapidly than creams and lotions. On top of that, they are easy to use and are very portable to carry. This aftercare piercing spray is an outstanding choice for those who recently have got their piercing done.
People might suggest you multiple home remedies or DIY hacks for your piercing aftercare, but you should be wise enough not to try them as they can cause serious side effects. Things that work for others might not work for you the same way; therefore, seeking medical and therapeutic assistance is better.
Aftercare now introduces the new best piercing aftercare spray, which is available in 2 pack essential values following piercing aftercare.
This piercing aftercare spray is made from pure and natural extracts, including Aloe Vera and Sea Salts. It has no involvement in harsh chemicals and is completely hypoallergenic. This spray’s pure existence helps rapid healing of wounds followed by a decrease in inflammatory response caused due to piercing. The spray is entirely safe for use in any condition until and unless the person has any serious skin disease.
All you need is spray the affected area entirely, wetting the whole surface, leaving it for some time, and noticing the soothing yet calming effect. What is better than knowing that this product Is FDA certified and is approved by doctors as well!
The spray fights against harmful bacteria, removes the dirt and debris from the wound site, promotes healing faster, and provides a cooling sensation to the piercing. You feel ease from discomfort, and the throbbing will be alleviated to a massive extent.
Its result is guaranteed and is a clear example of trusted quality. It is manufactured and tested by some of the excellent engineers in the USA. It is declared as the best aftercare for cartilage piercings.
- It comes in a spray bottle, which is very convenient to use and does not require vigorous rubbing.
- It is an excellent disinfectant, and its high quality makes it an essential aftercare piercing product.
- It soothes the skin very gently and has no adverse reaction on its surface.
- Fantastic for all kinds of piercings and is entirely safe and non-toxic.
- Gives instant relief from pain perception.
- The strong smell of the Tea Tree appears quite pungent.
- Incorporates Formaldehyde, which does not suit many users.
Asian history is very commonly known for its nose piercing culture as a symbol of a married woman. This ritual is continued today. Lots of brides-to-be get their nose pierced as their wedding day approaches. The ala of the nose is by far the most sensitive cartilage in the entire human body. Unlike the ear, the nose has slightly thicker cartilage, which requires greater time to heal and often becomes infected.
The nose, a tiny area, seems to be improperly cleaned with lotions and sprays; however, the use of swab pieces is handy and convenient. Amazon offers Dr.Piercing aftercare swab pieces, which are 36 in number enough for the entire month.
These swabs naturally enhance the healing process, ease off redness, prevent the area from drying out excessively, and help put a stop to infection. It usually takes around a month for the nose to heal up from piercing, but these swab pieces are a holy grail. They work so quickly that it hardly takes around 15 days for the pierced area to heal itself. Hence they are well known as the best swabs for piercing.
It is advised to avoid using it on burnt, allergic, and itched skin. Moreover, it should be kept out of reach of children. It is intended for external use only. The swabs are easy to carry and must keep” first-aid essential in your handbag while traveling.
- Very well known for its handy nature and can be carried anywhere easily.
- It is highly recommended for tragus piercing as it infects more quickly than any other area.
- It can be stocked for a very long time in its favorable environment.
- Just about half of the swabs are enough to see the fantastic results.
- It makes the piercing area slightly tight, which seems uncomfortable for some users.
- Dries out the piercing area losing all the moisture.
- The solution drips from the swab, which kind of wastes it.
Ever since piercings came into being, they were initially done on the cartilage of ear lobes. It was significant for the feminine symbol. However, today ear piercings are common in men as well. It reflects more of a cool and funky kind of look.
Ear piercing’s healing doesn’t take much time if taken adequate care of it. A good solution application is a key to naturally rapid healing. The INVERNESS after piercing Ear Care solution is a holy grail for pampering your ear lobes well. It is used worldwide for an antiseptic purpose and is indicated for stretchy, non-healing, painful, and infectious piercings.
Physicians, piercing experts, and midwives also recommend the INVERNESS after piercing Ear Care solution for an improved non-irritant piercing. Ideally, piercings done at an early age of time tend to heal faster than any other age. Newborns are now getting their ear piercings done soon after birth as the ear cartilage is softer also to prevent delayed healing.
This aftercare piercing solution is beneficial in cases where a person’s body cannot heal wounds itself. It fights against germs and keeps the piercing environment clean. You can also it after the piercing healed and also on other irritated areas as well.
The direction of use is also straightforward; all you require is to shake the bottle and pour it on the cotton ball; just squeeze it to remove the excess. Then apply to the pierced area and hold it for 3-4 minutes. For better results, apply 2-3 times a day during the healing or until the healing is completed. You will notice yourself feeling more comfortable and relieved as it the best ear piercing cleaning solution.
- Effective for newborns and young children as they require a very mild product.
- The antibacterial property makes the solution quite useful in terms of infection.
- It has the fastest healing ability, which is much needed for ear piercings.
- It absorbs well in the cotton ball and is effortless to apply.
- It has a mild odor that is unpleasant and might be allergic to some users.
- Ideal for low-level infection but not for massive infections.
9. BerbereX Antimicrobial Wound Cleanser – best antiseptic for piercings
Are you in dire need of the best piercing aftercare product? Well, here is the new BerbereX Antimicrobial wound, which is not just for piercings alone but also for multiple other uses. It is a must-have product for daily house use; It can also help support the healing of cuts, burns & wounds.
BerbereX can be used for skin sores, pressure sores, bedsores & diabetics ulcers as well. It is a must-have product for a first aid bag.
For patients who have diabetes have delayed healing and have bleeding disorders. Their bleeding doesn’t stop as soon as a cut is induced. This BebereX wound cleanser is ideal for diabetic patients, too, because it speeds up the healing process, followed by controlling the bleeding to a considerable extent.
This solution comes in a spray bottle, which is quite handy, and its aerosol nature is easy and convenient to use. Unlike other solutions that require cotton soaking tend to drip off and waste, this solution directly contacts the skin surface and absorbs rapidly.
How to use it?
Spray directly on wounds & clean gently; this will kill the bacteria & also give fast recovery. For incisions and cuts, spray and leave it for 2-3 minutes. The results achieved are astounding, and you will be mesmerized with this best antiseptic for piercings.
It is advisable to prohibit its use in severe burns, allergies, carcinomas, skin cancers, and boils. Secondly, if you are already on a medication, it is suggested not to use this solution to trigger a drug-drug interaction.
- It works like wonders on helix piercing, which tends to infect very often.
- It is a suitable replacement against the Neosporin tube, which also is piercing aftercare but is not very useful.
- It has a very rapid onset, and its mode of action is the best enemy against germs.
- Just using it twice or thrice is enough for the entire day.
- Holy Grail for diabetic patients as they have delayed healing response.
- It is not ideal for existing infections that only will heal via oral antibiotics.
- If you are allergic to medications, then a physician’s advice is a must.
So here comes another exuberant product by Urban ReLeaf. It is well known for all kinds of piercings irrespective of the area it is done. You will be amazed by the number of benefits it has. It is not just a cleaning solution alone but a complete set of first-aid you can desire.
It can work on piercings by healing them and relieve the pain that arises from stretchy skin. Urban ReLeaf is the greatest enemy of redness and inflammation.
The human body is susceptible to infections, and foreign body contamination produces a projection like a mass collection on the skin’s surface, which appears dark black. It might be painful in some conditions or might be asymptomatic at all. It requires immediate treatment and post-care.
The scavenging property of this solution against keloid and bumps is just simply bewildering. It removes the keloid and even its residues. The debris remaining from the keloid also requires a major concern. The Urban ReLeaf aftercare piercing solution vows to enhance cell growth and increase the healing exercise.
The major ingredient infused in the product is non-iodized sea salt, Tea Tree Oil, Rosemary, Aloe Vera, and Vitamin E. All the ingredients collectively nourish the damaged skin and moisture it with promoting a balanced level of the skin surface.
- Urban ReLeaf is said to be the best rival against bumps that form on the nose.
- Works very fast, which is the most important of an aftercare piercing product.
- Shrinks keloids in such a way that it looks like they never existed.
- It can be for multiple other skin problems, including ulcers, incisions, wounds, or scrapes.
- It is not safe for extremely large keloids as they might require surgical assistance from a health care professional.
- May cause burning and itching for those who had painful piercings.
If you desire to bring about some new changes in yourself and are going for piercing, you should also remember that post piercing care is something you are obliged to do. The X-impressions piercing spray is a benefaction that Amazon offers exclusively for its dear customers searching for the best piercing aftercare product.
The solution comes in a unique spray bottle with aerosol and is very convenient to use. The best part about this X-impressions piercing spray is that it is convenient and can be adjusted in any bag or pouch whenever you need to carry it. It is virtuous and a better replacement for home remedies that you often hear from inexperienced people.
It is beneficial for all sorts of piercings and is not subjected to any specific piercing area alone. You can use it for the ear, nose, and belly, even for nipples. The pierced area, after being punctured, becomes sore and painful. It may feel numb at the time of piercing, but later it feels uncomfortable with lots of itchiness and dryness. Therefore, it is advised to keep the area moist, which can only be achieved using this piercing aftercare spray.
The nipple is the most sensitive area of the body, requires extra care after piercing. All sorts of gel or solution are worthless when caring for nipple piercings; in this case, X-impressions piercing spray is the best nipple piercing aftercare.
You don’t need to soak any cotton ball and rub it as rubbing it against the nipples might hurt. Just spray it from over a distance of 2-3 meters and leave it on for a few seconds. It absorbs within the skin layers as fast as a horse!
- A perfect blend of antiseptic and pain-free solution available in the form of a spray.
- It has a very long-lasting effect that will leave the user amazed.
- A perfect replacement for saline, and it has a pleasant smell.
- For those who have sensitive skin, this product is ideal.
- It dries out the pierced area leaving it scrappy and irritating for some days.
- It needs to be kept away from eyes while spraying because it can cause severe damage.
Are you the type of person who isn’t much into keeping first-aid at home? Well, then here’s presenting you NeilMed NeilCleanse piercing aftercare, which is not just a solution alone but a dynamic all-in-one portable mist that can be used on all kinds of wounds.
Naval piercings are one which seeks your attention due to being a sensitive area of your abdomen. In this case, your NeilMed NeilCleans can prove to be the best aftercare for naval piercings. Navel piercing might hurt you initially, but later, the pain resolves as the wound heals. If you want the wound to heal rapidly, then this product can be the ideal choice. It smells delightful and is very long-lasting.
The direction of use is straightforward; all you need is to spray the mist from over a distance and leave it on the desired area for about a few minutes to absorb it well. It shows the results within a few days of application.
You will surely never regret buying this piercing aftercare mist as it is one of the best-sellers of piercing aftercare range products.
- It has multiple uses apart from being used as piercing aftercare.
- If you apply it on scrapes and incisions, it will regenerate new cells, thus healing the area.
- It does not cause over dryness and ensures to keep the area moist.
- Available in spray form; therefore, it does not drip off or wastes while applying.
- The nozzle is a bit tight and takes time to ooze the solution out.
- Not an ideal choice for wounds caused by faulty piercings.
Piercings are one of that jewel folks like to carry today as a symbol of vogue and class. They look terrific when done, but their post-care is one that requires major attention.
The products mentioned above are easily available on Amazon and are just a click away. They will be shipped right to your doorstep, and you won’t be needing to run the errands as well. It is the best gift you can give to others as these products are not just confined to piercing problems alone but also for other skin-related issues that were chronic in nature.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to clean new piercing?
One needs to draw attention to new piercing as they are sensitive and prone to infections due to exposure to the environment. Just take a cotton ball and pour a few drops on the cotton ball, squeeze to remove excess, and apply on the pierced area, respectively. Leave it on for 2-3 minutes so that it can absorb well on the skin surface. For best results, repeat this procedure twice or thrice a day.
How to get rid of the belly button piercing hole?
You cannot get rid of any piercing hole once it is done unless and until it is fresh and new. However, the constant application of Vitamin E or its infused product may contribute to some help.
How fast does your belly button piercing close up?
Piercing normally doesn’t close up if any ornament or stud is placed in. However, if left empty for a more extended period, a new piercing closes up within a few days. Belly button piercing takes around a few weeks to get closed if you had it for around a year.
How fast does a nose piercing close up?
It depends on how long you have had it. If you remove your nose ring or stud within 6 months of piercing, the hole closes up within a couple of days. Not to forget the hole on the exterior surface of the nostril might stay open for up to several weeks.