Babies and infants are some of the divine blessings one could ever have. All their body parts are fashioned so beautifully that you will be amazed by the creation of God. Every single organ and muscle is as detailed as an adult. This article is exclusively detailed for those who are in dire need of the best bottles for tongue-tied babies. But first, you must have sound knowledge about what is referred to as a tongue-tied baby.
But how do you cope up with toddlers being born with congenital deformities? There are numerous facial and oral malformations reported over the past few years that had inflicted babies. Out of all those malformations, cleft palate and tongue-tie are the most commonly occurring oro-facial deformities.
A Tongue-tie or ankyloglossia is a rare condition present at a baby’s birth, limiting the tongue movement. This is so because there is an abnormally short, thick attachment called the lingual frenulum between the tip of the tongue and the mouth floor. A baby with this condition finds it very difficult to feed and suck, either breast milk or bottle. Tongue-tied babies require special kinds of medicated bottles that are designed according to their condition. Amazon brings a wide range of Best bottles for tongue-tied babies. Keep reading below if you want to learn more about them.
Best Bottles for Tongue Tied Babies Review
According to pediatricians, the first and foremost object to look for a feeding bottle for toddlers is the nipple size. It should neither be too wide nor too thin. Infants find it confusing to latch on the nipples because they are programmed only for breastfeeding. The Lansinoh Breastfeeding bottle is clinically proven to reduce nipple confusion in newborns.
It mimics the same feeding actions required while breastfeeding and is ideal for mothers who cannot produce sufficient milk. The baby has an exact breastfed feeling from this bottle. The NaturalWave nipples are designed after 50+ years of breastfeeding research. They are fabricated to be extra-soft and flexible for a more comfortable grip on the baby’s palate. A perfect latch is one with a good grip!
Babies are quite prone to colic during their early months, especially when they are switched from mother feed to bottle feed. Breast milk has multiple nutrients along with antibodies and lighter on the baby’s tummy for digestion. This prevents the chances of colic and flatulence in babies.
When babies are given a top feed, it is ideal to use a bottle that has a good air venting system that reduces gas intake, just like how this Lansinoh breastfeeding bottle offers. This averts the potential cause of colic and spits. The presence of inner vertical grooves makes the nipples strapping and collapse resistant.
You can judge its effectiveness by observing the one-piece nipple, which has a wide base that ensures it’s easy for the baby to latch on and generate a secure seal. Moreover, it is quite simple and easy to clean the nipple.
Lanisoh bottles have supported moms for decades, and they have a wide range of successful selling products such as breast pumps, nursing pads, nipple creams, and more. It is a product worth buying.
- It is an ideal choice for mothers whose babies suffer from gag reflex now and then.
- The bottle has a matte finish that looks luscious and also attractive for the baby.
- It has 3 piece system which is very easy to clean and store.
- The Lansing bottle has a wide neck, which dries up rapidly after cleaning.
- It cannot be suitable for babies who have systemic conditions other than GERD and Tongue-tie.
- The milk can drip if the bottle isn’t closed correctly.
Babies tend to develop many systemic diseases if they aren’t given the right milk or substitute choice. Diseases like Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and colic are prevalent in infancy.
GERD causes anti-peristalsis of fluids and solids from the food pipe back to the mouth leading to acidity and burning. It is a very uncomfortable systemic disease and leaves a baby miserable and cranky. Although there is no replacement for breastmilk but in cases where the mother has failed to produce, it is suggested to use a bottle, which is similar to some extent.
This bottle by Bare has an air-free feeding system along with a perfect and easy latch. A clinical study has proven that around 75% of babies no longer had GERD after feeding this Bare air-free bottle.
The bottle’s perfect latch property makes it easy for the baby to suckle on, reinstate and extend feeding. You will be surprised to know that the bottle has a Flow-control technology that helps the baby control feeding flow and pace. This prevents turbulence and keeps the milk in a streamlined direction.
It is advisable to feed the baby in an upright position so that gravity can keep the food and acids intact within the belly.
- The bottle offers a marvelous latch for babies, especially for those with tongue-tie.
- The bottle mimics the exact texture of the breast hence easier for the baby to suck.
- Unlike the other bottles, this bottle doesn’t leak up or pour out.
- No air trapping within the nipple; therefore, colic is very less likely to occur.
- This bottle is not ideal for babies who have a mental impairment.
- In cases of extreme colic or vomiting, it is advised to seek help from a pediatrician
When a child comes into this world, it is one of the most divine feelings, especially for a new mother. Every mother would look for the best for her child. The main concern here refers to the type and kind of bottle the baby should be given.
The first year’s Breastflow bottle is an obligation on babies with poor latching ability and not breastfed. Moreover, this bottle is ideal for babies with oral deformities, and hence it is the best bottle for tongue-tied babies.
For mothers who are deficient in lactating due to any cause, here is the new Bottle for your baby, which is foremost for supplementing formula feeding or weaning. Once your baby gets used to it, you will notice he/she will enjoy it more often!
This bottle’s uniqueness is described to seeds a smaller sized nipple within a larger sized nipple that allows less air to be compressed. The inner nipple controls the milk flow naturally, just like breast milk. It uses a suction and compression mechanism to deliver milk to the babies, similar to breastfeeding, which is very unlikely done by conventional bottles.
Good news! For all those moms who stay up late at night with their infants suffering from colic because this bottle is designed in a way that prevents symptoms of colic and gases. Besides this, a survey done on babies using breast flow bottles concluded that 80% of babies had shown a decrease in flatulence and spit. The baby stays stress-free and sleeps the whole night calmly.
No more mess now because this breast flow bottle is straightforward to fill and clean off! You will be amazed to see that the bottle’s nipple is so soft from the outside that it mimics the breast’s exact texture for babies. Besides, it keeps the baby’s tongue stay in the same position as while breastfeeding.
- The bottle is safe to be washed in the dishwasher, which saves time and energy.
- It resembles the breastfeeding phenomenon, making it easier for the baby to swap from breast to bottle.
- It has a better design than the conventional bottles, so they are compact enough to be kept in the bag.
- Best choice for new mothers who have no idea of breastfeeding.
- It can create latching issues in some newly born babies.
- This bottle is not a breast milk substitute
Recent studies have reported that mothers who smoke or take in certain therapeutic drugs during pregnancy can lead to facial and oral deformities in the fetus. Cleft palate, which is the incomplete fusion of lips and nose, is one of the most prevalent babies’ defects. It hinders feeding leaving the child miserable.
In contrast, tongue-tie is another oral deformity whose reason is still unknown, but it is said that it might result from a gene mutation. It causes plenty of hurdles for feeding. The Como Tomo Natural Feel Baby bottle is exclusively designed for babies born with these conditions and is the best bottle for tongue-tied babies.
The Comotomo bottles’ working phenomenon imitates breastfeeding, which reduces bottle rejection by babies who are new to top feed. The best thing this bottle offers is that it has a wide neck design, which allows easy cleaning by hand without using a brush. Besides, you can also place it in the dishwasher, save time and energy, especially for working mothers. It is microwave friendly and is also safe when placed in a sterilizer.
For babies up to 0- 3 months require slow flow whereas, those who are 3-6 months will need medium flow.
The nipple and body of the bottle are fabricated from 100% safe and hygienic medical grade silicone. This will help the bottle survive extreme microwave/sterilizers’ extreme temperatures and promote comfort to the baby while feeding.
The existence of dual anti-colic vents prevents unwanted air from getting trapped in, and hence it reduces colic, which is the most severe condition inflicting babies.
- The bottle does not require any special equipment for cleaning.
- It looks awesome, feels nice, and very soft.
- There are no chances of colic as the nipple keeps air trapping at bay.
- Best choice for moms to store milk, especially while going out.
- The nipple is slippery and long, which is a struggle for the baby.
- The wide body of the bottle makes it difficult to fit in bottle warmers.
- The bottle does not allow breast pump attachments.
Are you looking for a gift to be given to a newly born baby? Well, you have landed at the right place because Amazon is offering Dr.Browns Options Slow flow bottle set at a very affordable price.
It is the most exquisite gift you can give to someone very close. Unlike clothes, bottles cannot change sizes as they grow because they can remain placid even when the baby grows older. The set is available in different colors that can be presented to both either boys or girls.
It is accessible in 4-4 oz/120ml with a fully-vented design to keep the milk’s nutrients intact and aids in digestion. It is an excellent material of choice for premature babies who require slow flow and level 1 pace nipples with a narrow base that controls feeding.
In case you miss any cap, know that the set comes with four caps and is absolute to be kept in the refrigerator when require for storing. Like Happy paci made this, Dr.Brown’s set is made from 100% soft silicone to make it microwave, dishwasher friendly.
- Available in different colors, therefore, can be used by both genders.
- It is said to decrease gas and fussiness due to vents that help air to escape off.
- It can be given to tongue-tied babies as the nipple allows tongue movements in multiple directions.
- One of the best bottles for premature babies as the nipple can adapt to the baby’s tiny mouth.
- It spills out milk if the bottle is not tightly capped.
- Has no breast pump attachment; hence the milk is required to be pumped separately.
Are you a new mother and have no apprehension regarding what kind of feeding bottle is suitable for your baby? Well, then you have landed at the right place because this guide will educate you about the right feeding product for your baby!
Since you have become a mother for the first time, it is possible that you won’t be producing enough milk. It will take about months for you to learn how to breastfeed your baby masterly.
Meanwhile, you can opt for the Medela Calma Breast Milk bottle, which imitates natural feeding. Since babies are only programmed for breastfeeding, it is ideal to choose a container that gives them the real feel. Medela Calma’s bottle utilizes the exact feeding behavior required for the little ones.
Your baby won’t sleep the entire night if he or she is suffering from colic, as it is one of the most common complications occurring in newborns. This is so because unwanted air gets ingested into them while feeding, leading to uneasiness or discomfort, and as a result, the baby cries persistently. The vents present in this bottle’s nipple help prevent air from being trapped in and impeding babies’ gases.
The flow control valve within the bottle allows the baby to control the gush of milk, and hence the milk only flows when the bottle is in a vacuum. Besides, the baby can easily breathe, pause, and feed. There is one size or shaped nipple for all breast milk feeding stages, which reduces the hassle of buying a new nipple now and then as the baby grows.
- An excellent choice for moms who leave their children in daycare as the bottle doesn’t need any skillful person for feeding.
- The bottle is available in both high and slow flow.
- The bottle has a close enough breast nipple structure, which averts confusion in the baby.
- The high flow nipple requires parental guidance in case it gushes super-fast.
- Not recommended for premature babies as they cannot bear the pace the nipple offers.
Are you excited about attending your friend’s baby shower party?
You must be! But have you bought any presents yet? Well, here’s bringing you the MAM Newborn Essentials “Feed & Soothe” set (6-Piece), which is one of the best sellers on Amazon.
The set consists of two 5 oz. Slow flow silicone nipple bottles, two 9 oz. Anti-colic medium flow nipple bottles and two mouth pacifiers with orthodontic nipples for 0-2 months old.
The anti-colic bottles are essential for a baby at any age. Incorporating a vented base design reduces colic symptoms in about 80% of infants by eradicating the bubbles that lead to gases and fluid reflux symptoms. It is also one of the best bottles for tongue-tied babies as well.
Some dentists and orthodontists suggest not giving pacifiers to babies as it inhibits the jaw’s proper growth. However, the nipples in the pacifiers by MAM Newborn are designed in a symmetrical shape that supports and promotes healthy jaw and teeth development.
To prevent the hassle of re-sterilization, this bottle set is manufactured using some very high-quality materials so that all you need to do is just spin the bottle in a microwave for 3 minutes. There your baby’s bottle is ready to go! Isn’t it a secure cleaning method?
You will surely never regret buying this set, and your Mother-to-be friend will also love it!
- It allows easy cleaning and doesn’t seed debris within the walls of the nipples.
- Baby can get used-to quite early when switching from breast to bottle.
- Less colic hence less pain for the babies.
- The set has multiple bottles of different shapes and sizes; therefore, they can store other liquids, such as juice
- The pacifiers can lead to some malalignment of teeth in the future if given continuously.
- It leaks out when the cap is not placed correctly
After being a mother, one realizes how important it is to choose everything perfect for your baby, and if it is the first baby, it’s a cherry on top!
The primary concern is selecting the right feeding bottle, especially if the baby is born with any congenital deformity such as tongue-tie, cleft lip, and cleft palate. The Mimijumi bottle is an ideal way out and is the best bottle for tongue-tied babies.
New mommies, this Mimijumi bottle should top your list when you are making your way to the errands for buying stuff for your newborn. This bottle is wholly solely for infants as it has no flow nipple, and it can control the flow while the baby suckles. It is available in FR 1(standard) nipple.
Its nipple is fabricated in a way that it can imitate natural texture for a smooth transition between breast and bottle. The nipple consists of a good venting system that permits air to escape, preventing colic and stomach issues in babies.
The materials used in the manufacturing are subjected to high-quality without the incorporation of harmful chemicals, BPA, or BPS, which makes it eco-friendly and safe.
- The bottle’s nipple has a pace control property that regulates flow.
- The bottom of the bottle has a silicon base that helps the baby with an excellent grip.
- The flesh tone color of the nipple is added smartly to give the original breast-like appearance.
- No complaints of gag reflux as it helps air to evade off.
- The nipple is too long, which is not acceptable for all babies.
- The bottom silicon keeps falling off and might not stay on for a more extended period.
It is very challenging for a baby to switch from breastfeeding to bottle-feeding. In such cases, you need to buy a product that can mimic the exact structure of the thing the baby is habitual of. Evenflo provides a perfect latch, which hardly any normal bottle could do.
Evenflo has launched the balance plus wide neck bottle with a unique design with a sloped nipple and a wide nipple base that allows the baby’s lips to preserve latching without slipping.
Babies tend to gulp regularly while feeding as they can’t bear the continuous flow of milk. Evenflo is designed to have a slower, more comfy flow, which assures a baby’s relaxed drinking pace. The premium venting system technology is ideal for preventing air blockage that leads to colic in the baby’s tummy.
Moreover, the 1- piece venting system also reduces GERD, gas, and fussiness risks. It is quite easy to clean as it has only 3 pieces that allow complex free yet and quick assembling/ disassembling. Since there are only 3 pieces, you don’t need to worry about any part getting misplaced. They are all dishwasher friendly, which will make your life a lot easier.
Breastfeeding is a time-consuming task, and if you are a working woman, then it’s a cherry on top! Evenflo also has a wide range of breast pump adapters that can directly pump milk into the bottle and can be stored.
The materials used in the bottles are completely free of BPA, PVC, polycarbonates, phthalates, and other chemicals. Before being launched in the market, the bottles undergo specific tests approved by the FDA’s food-grade department for the safety of your baby.
- It has a unique shape of the nipple, which is unlikely to be found in any other bottle.
- The baby can latch the nipple easily and doesn’t dribble down the chin.
- Air does not get trapped; hence flatulence and gases are less likely to take place.
- It can be attached directly to a breast pump and can store the milk.
- The numbers mentioning the ounces on the bottle are small and unreadable for some.
- The hole present in the nipple might be small for babies, and an extra wider hole is needed to be dug in.
There has never been a bottle ever designed so well for babies with cleft palate and tongue-tied. This bottle is one of the pediatricians’ biggest babies’ recommendations and is the best buy for tongue-tied babies.
The structure of the bottle mimics breast to a considerable extent, and hence babies are easily tricked. Babies who went through surgical procedures of face and mouth require special equipment while feeding. This bottle is an ideal choice even when they are on the tube. Easy cleaning makes life easier! The bottle has a streamlined structure that does not allow debris to stay in. It can be left in the dishwasher or even the sterilizer for the removal of bacteria and germs.
The bottle’s glass body makes it free of germs, and it doesn’t fade its color as in the cases of conventional plastic bottles.
- One of the best choices for tongue-tied babies, those with clefts, and even for preemies.
- The glass body keeps dirt at bay and remains sterilized for a longer time.
- The baby has a natural breast-like feel while feeding in from this bottle.
- It is suitable for babies of all ages as the nipple is fabricated on regular standards.
- The bottle might require a membrane replacement after a few times.
- It can trap in the air, and the baby may show symptoms of colic and stomach pain
Pregnancy and parenting are mere hard jobs, either be it for the first time or last. Every baby is different in every way. If the baby is born with any congenital deformities, then he/she requires special attention from the parents.
Tongue-tie and cleft palate are the two major problems in babies today that hinder them in tongue movement and eventually leading to feeding problems. However, using the right kind of bottle can help your baby stay at ease.
Amazon offers a wide of products for these kinds of babies exclusively. All you need is to go through a proper channel while buying things for your child. This guide had illustrated some of the best bottles for tongue-tied babies, and you can order any bottle of your choice just within a matter of a click. Remember, every baby is created differently, and being born with any deformity doesn’t make him /her any lesser than others. Babies were always a blessing, and one of the angelic gifts from God, so love them from the core of your heart!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a tongue-tie baby?
A tongue-tied baby is one who has an unwanted connection between the tips of his/her tongue and the floor of the mouth. This, as a result, leads to limited tongue movement and improper feeding.
What types of the bottle are good for tongue-tied babies?
Ideally, every bottle should be designed in such a way that it is easier for the baby to suckle on, but babies with tongue-tied are recommended to use bottles that have a soft, flexible, yet durable nipple. Besides, the nipple shouldn’t very long or very short. Still, of normal height.
Can tongue-tied babies breastfeed?
Generally, there is no replacement for breastfeeding tongue-tied babies can find it challenging to feed on breast. However, it is always suggested to seek a piece of advice from a health care professional whether the baby can be bottle-fed or breastfed if he/she suffers from cleft or tongue-tie.
How to bottle feed tongue-tied babies?
The best one can do just pour in the milk after cleaning the bottle thoroughly and gently place it in the baby’s mouth. Notice if the pace of the bottle is adaptable for the baby or not. The bottle chosen should have a flexible and soft nipple with vents to help air runoff.