Ever face difficulty in finding the appropriate location to apply your tanning spray? Not comfortable using your tan spray in the open and always wish to have a private place? In this case, you need the best spray tan booth or even a basic cheap spray tan tent. Almost all spray tan booths are portable and can be quickly taken with you on your travels, whether to the beach or even on international vacations. This is a modern-day solution for a convenient tan spraying process and gives you benefits such as effective spray tanning, efficient spray tanning, and spot-on spray tanning.
However, there are a few attributes you must look into before investing in one of the best spray tan booths on the market. Ensure that the booth is large enough when disassembled and compact when assembled; this cancels the possibility of facing uncomfortable travel moments. Also, make sure the insides of your booth are made of a material that readily allows the excess tan spray to dissolve, evaporate, or slide to the ground. If not the ideal material, it must have an air cleaner or an extraction fan that always maintains cleanliness. Keep reading our spray tan booth reviews for more in-depth insight into the top 10 products chosen by us.
Best Spray Tan Booth Reviews
The 6 and ¼ feet height of the entrance, when combined with the 4 feet wide opening of the tent, makes it more than suitable for the majority of the population. Once you enter this Bellocchio booth, the center’s maximum height stretches to 6 and ½ feet. The top part of the tent is designed such that there is sufficient light entering the tent for the tanning specialist to see while spraying their client.
The netted top part of the booth behaves as a perfect exhaust for avoiding spray tanning mists (which occurs as 100 percent wastage cannot be avoided unless you use a spray tanning machine). The section of the net that is not padded also gives you privacy while letting you look at your surroundings simultaneously.
- Vinyl top built with durability.
- While closing the tent, it naturally curls – guiding you through the process.
- A large amount of space is present for people (your salon helper can join you too)
- The Poly Propylene material used at the base of the tent makes it much easier to clean.
- The frame of this booth is very rigid and flexible at the same time.
- Directions to open/close the tent are not curated well and will cause initial inconvenience.
- Booth material naturally becomes thin leading to eventual wear and tear.
This spray tanning tent by Gigatent is perfect for all locations – whether it is the beach, home tanning users, or professional salon tanning. This gives it the credibility and flexibility to be used by geared specialists who need such equipment to make a living. Its pop-up design makes it a matter of seconds to set up and works as a portable room. An added opening at the back of the booth can be used to attach a fan. This fan would help in extracting excess mist and keeping the booth clean. Be aware that they do not include the fan, but they give a zippered carry bag, keeping your product intact.
This booth’s extreme lightweight, along with its heavy-duty waterproof flooring and sturdy steel frame, makes it a long-lasting product. These factors help restrict the entry of unwanted particles and maintain their structure over the years of usage.
- Large windows for sufficient amounts of light to pour in – helps in maximizing performance.
- An added window at the bottom to attach a pin evades the need to cut a hole manually.
- Perfect for usage with an airbrush or turbine spray gun
- Easy pop-ups and no need for using poles
- It comes with a high quality zippered carry bag.
- The top part of the tent is a little tight, making it hard to spray the upper body.
- As it is a pop-up tent, there is no door.
A simple yet almost perfect spray tanning tent – it is jet black and comes with not only a basic extraction fan opening and a drawstring, but it comes with a zipper making it a breeze of a task. The fan opening has a 19 x 17 inches measurement and makes it suitable for most spray booth fans available in the market. The main structure’s size is 88 inches x 48 inches – this is the standard approved size and works just fine for most people.
You will get a carry bag that is more durable than most other bags you will get along with your purchase. The inside material is such that all the excess spray tan automatically brushes to the surface and gets absorbed by the base — definitely not the best spray tan tent, but surely a worthy purchase.
- Cheaper than almost all options – but complete value for money
- The top part is different as it has a covering and not netblocks complete sunlight.
- Pretty big and sturdy tent
- Waterproof bottom making it suitable for a mild wash
- Polypropylene base.
- Extremely hard to fold – neutralizes with its pricing range
- It weighs about 8.5 pounds – making it more substantial than most options in the market.
The AW pop up tent, when folded, turns into a proper symmetric circle – making it super easy to carry along or attach to your haversack. The booth’s polypropylene base provides a leak-proof factor restricting spray from escaping the tent into the open. Speaking of materials, this is undoubtedly one of the best at-home spray tan booths due to its high-end quality Oxford clothing. This also makes it harder to get damaged, ensures a stainless booth, and is more durable.
The opening at the back of the booth has a fan extraction chamber like most spray tan booths, but this one comes with a duct shaped hole that easily lets you attach an overspray air cleaner or a ducting pipeline. The framing of this AW pop up tent is constructed using 8 antirust copper framings, making it an excellent choice for the long run.
- Instant pop up design
- A clear see-through top covering for greater and improved visibility
- The rear opening consists of a ducting section for inserting air filters and extraction filters.
- Antirust copper wireframes.
- Oxford quality clothing.
- Carry bag can break easily if extra force is used.
- The front section has no cover and is open.
Thermalabs Air has made this black spray tan tent intending to surpass all standards set by previous spray tent manufacturers. Its reasonably high cost makes sense because it is bigger than other booths, taller people can experience hassle-free spray tans, much more spacious, and made in a comfortable design. The upper sides are netted for airflow, and the extreme top is made of a transparent layer through which a perfect amount of light seeps in.
Thermalabs Air also gives a free bonus package that consists of equipment that would be needed, whether for an experienced or beginner user of such a tent. Read the guide in this box that will take you through the whole booth spray tanning experience along with the required equipment needed on each step. Whether pre, post, or during your spray tan bath.
- It comes with no logo to ensure the elegance of tent surroundings is always maintained
- It comes with a bonus pack consisting of useful essentials during your spray tan bath
- Premium steel wires are galvanized to prevent rust and make the structure stronger
- 2x the size of a standard tan spray booth
- The instruction manual comes with apt equipment-wise instructions.
- Reports mention that used products have been delivered.
- The flimsy frame makes it an issue to fold and can break if not gentle.
Very similar to the black Belloccio tent. This spray tent is also 6 and ¼ feet in height at the entrance, combined with a 4 feet wide opening, big enough for most people. The maximum height at the center stretches to 6 and ½ feet. This red color spray tent is designed such that there is sufficient space for the passage of light into the tent for salon tanners to see while they work with their clients.
The bottom part of the booth acts as a perfect exhaust for avoiding spray tanning mists. The upper cover section that has not been padded also gives you privacy while letting you look at your surroundings simultaneously.
- Heavy-weight Vinyl top for more exceptional durability
- The tent naturally curls down while you pack it up.
- Cleaning becomes easy because of the Polypropylene base of the tent.
- There is enough space for 2 people.
- Frames are resistant to bending out of shape and easy to fold.
- Directions to open/close the tent are not curated well and will cause initial inconvenience.
- Booth material naturally becomes thin leading to eventual wear and tear.
Without a doubt, this is the best spray tan booth in the market due to the multitude of features it comes with. Double stitching, polyester fabric sides, steel frames, nylon threading, best quality vinyl, and even a full-fledged instruction manual – these are some of the top features provided with this spray tent. A 6 and ½ feet entry height and a maximum height of 7 feet inside the booth makes it the best choice available.
The low memory spring steel permits friction-free pop up with no need for assembly. Also, the carry bag has been triple stitched to decrease the separation and promote greater strength. Basic issues such as discoloration, booth malfunction, along wear and tear are minimized to the extent that the odds of you facing them are low.
- Booth has been double stitched with Marine grade Nylon that makes it long-lasting.
- Compact yet big carry bag with a shoulder strap and room to spare
- Top-quality flawless 210D fabric has been used for thick flooring.
- Velcro has been made of heavy-duty material – no chance of a broken zipper.
- Instant pop up design.
- 4 pounds is almost double the weight of the lowest weighted tent
- It can seem not very easy to pack up.
This is a unique product developed by Belloccio. It comes with a distinctive design that adds to elegance due to its curtain mechanism. Rather than opting for a spray tan tent that adds to taking up more space and becoming heavier, this wall hanging curtain is the most suitable backdrop for spray tanning mechanisms. Besides being easy to set up – the measurements are also 8 feet by 4 feet, making it big enough for people of all sizes.
The tent’s sidewalls have been tapered and compatible with any airbrushing or turbine spray tanning processes.
- It weighs under 2 pounds – making it half the weight of the lightest spray tent
- Much more convenient than a tent due to its rod holding design
- Basic plastic on the backdrop suits well enough.
- The curtain makes it 10 times easier to wrap up.
- Clothing material used avoids heat from seeping in.
- It does not come with an instruction manual – making it hard to install
- Bottom fiberglass easily breaks.
This is an automatic spray tan booth making it perfect for high volume professional usage in tanning salons. It does not get better than this due to the inculcation of the latest spray tanning technology combined with a well-carved overspray extraction unit. MineTan has built this product with a focus on superiority and functionality. A fully functional spray tan machine that has a High-Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) usable function.
The filters are disposable, and the tanning kit also consists of all the necessary equipment required to assemble the spray tan machine. You will find more than 202 oz. of MineTan’s spray solution, which can be used to get over 150 experimental tans.
- Built for reliability
- HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) functionality
- Premium quality and design contributing to a premium tanning experience
- Highest grade professional tanning machine
- It comes with specialized tanning lotions made by MineTan.
- Due to its tenfold high cost, it is not suitable for occasional users.
- You must take the tanning solutions to a doctor to ensure you have no allergies.
Sub Laboratories is the most compatible spray tan tent manufacturer out there – you can use their tents as a bedroom, tanning room, or a tanning party arena. This tent permits sunless tanning and basic spraying of water or wiping with a cloth – this suffices and establishes the original glow once again. Factors such as durability, convenience, and mobility were taken into consideration while deploying this product.
The structure has been designed such that outsiders cannot watch the insider tan themselves while they get into their beach or birthday suit. Also, the person on the inside can easily portray their surroundings.
- Super easy cleaning process
- Clear top – allowing more light to enter
- Easy to fold
- Perfect for carrying to the homes of airbrush clients
- Built for long-lasting durability.
- A logo is not as shown – it looks much uglier.
- Professional salons cannot use it for their clients.
Factors to consider while buying
Several points need to be carefully evaluated before purchasing a spray tan booth. Rather than facing difficulty once the product is bought and regretting the investment and poor application – make sure you understand your requirements and purchase a spray tan booth that suits your needs. Professional tanning companies, specialists, children, adults, and common-day users all have unique requirements focusing on portability, compactness, diverse uses, and pricing. Keep reading to understand a few crucial points you must consider yourself.
It is pointless to buy a heavyweight booth, which requires a larger space to carry and more effort in lifting. Ensure that the booth you purchase is lightweight, under 6 pounds. When you travel to a client’s home or down the road to a beach, you can’t walk with a massive product unless it’s foldable and fits into a compact carry bag.
Ducting and air extraction chambers
What is worse than realizing that the tan spray tent you purchased has no preinstalled windows or chambers for supplying outlets to air cleaners? Ideally, you must purchase an automated spray tan booth that detects the presence of excessive tan spray and automatically flushes it out of the booth. This erases worry if at all, of the constant scent and stickiness provided by different tan sprays.
Please never pay exorbitant amounts for a spray tan booth unless there is some inclusion of technology and automated machinery. Ideally, anything more than 70 dollars proves to be a silly choice as you get the same material, sizing, durability, pole structuring, and space in a range of 50 to 70 dollars.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Spray Tan Booth?
A portable cylindrical booth inside which a person can get privacy, space, and an ideal washable surrounding is what a spray tan booth typically is. Almost all booths have some space on the top made of see-through material so that a fair amount of light enters the booth, and the application process becomes easier. Expect to have a window at the bottom for attaching an optional attaching fan and a front that either zips or drops a curtain.
What do you wear in a spray tan booth?
Ideally, one must be nude during a spray tan wash. But, based on personal preferences, one can wear a dark bathing suit, underwear, strapless bra, and a pair of goggles on the eyes. You must be conscious about the fact that the borders of where you have clothing are where exactly you will receive tan – nothing covered can receive a tan.
How to stand in a spray tan booth?
Make sure you are standing up straight and are not in a hunchback, slouching, or leaning position. Any ridges or wrinkles while standing will not receive any tan and will remain the same color. Keep your arms high and far from your body, bend your elbow inwards, and face your palm towards the walls. Make sure your eyes and mouth are shut and that you transition quickly between varied poses.
How does a spray tan booth work?
The functionality varies, whether it is a manual application or automated spray application. Commonalities are that you will be enclosed in a tent-like booth, and visibility for your lower body will be restricted on the outsides. Then, either you or the tanning specialist can spray tan your body while protecting the tent. Remember, sunlight from the outside seeps in from the top.
How much does a spray tan booth cost?
Typically do not pay more than 70 dollars if you are using it for occasional tanning sessions and tanning parties. But if you are a professional who needs it for their clients and salon tanning sessions, then it is worth investing amounts that can range from 700 to 2000 dollars. These high-cost machines come with automated equipment, warranty, descriptive installation manuals, and overall hard premium material for the booth.
How to prepare for a spray tan booth?
Get into the right attire, which includes revealing parts of your body that you want a tan on. Ensuring you have no electronics, jewelry, hairpins, metallic objects, and piercings is a must as the tanning spray can damage your personal belongings and lead to undesired tan designs. Also, please make sure you do not enter the booth with makeup or any sort of edibles.
This is an invention that is a must for travelers and people who frequently prefer tanning their skin. It comes as an all in one package that can be used as a changing room, private tanning chamber, and even a quick wash-up section that can conveniently be carried at all times. If you are a frequent tanner, skin tanning enthusiast, or a tan service provider, this product is a must-add item to your existing tanning gear list.