The original Copic markers are not cheap. So, many people who do have a tight budget don’t want to spend a fortune to purchase a Copic marker. So, we understand if you don’t want to spend a considerable amount of money on the Copic markers. And here you have also another way. You can get alternative Copic markers for your ambitious venture. Usually, some alternatives markers are high-quality markers. So, it gives quite a close result like Copic markers.
Table of Contents
- Why you need alternatives?
- How to pick up the best Copic marker alternatives?
- Top 10 best Copic marker alternative
- 1. Art-n-Fly 48 Professional Brush Markers Set
- 2. Caliart 100 Colors Dual Tip Alcohol Based Art Markers
- 3. Colorona 24 Alcohol Markers Professional Art Set
- 4. Shuttle Art 51 Colors Dual Tip Alcohol Based Art Markers
- 5. UGUI Markers, 80 Colors Art Marker Set
- 6. MILO 24 Art Marker Set Dual-Tip Artist Markers
- 7. Arrtx 24 Colors Skin Tone Marker Set Dual Tip Twin, Alcohol Based Art Markers
- 8. Ohuhu 40-color Alcohol Marker
- 9. Bianyo Classic Series Alcohol-Based Dual Tip Art Markers（Set of 72, Travel Case）
- 10. Prismacolor 3620 Premier Double-Ended Art Markers, 12 Pack
- Overall Ideas
- Frequently Asked Question
Why you need alternatives?
Well, as you searched for alternatives and came to this article, then I assume you don’t want to spend a lot of money on Copic marker and still, want to get a good work and advantages of Copic Marker. But you want something affordable.
I also believe, if you are a beginner, you should not spend much money on Copic Marker. I mean, you are still in your learning process. So, you should buy something affordable and explore the project and gather the experience. After this, you will get the hang of it. On your own, you will know what you need? So, I highly recommend the beginners should start their journey with alternatives of Copic markers. It will provide a standard result, and you don’t have to spend a fortune.
How to pick up the best Copic marker alternatives?
There are a few factors which can contribute to picking up a good marker.
- Tip: It’s always great to pick up a double tip marker so that you can work on both fine plus wide lines. However, you can also try to brush-like tips which assist you in making both kinds of lines.
- Ink: The paint or ink is also an essential factor to purchase a marker. In that case, I will recommend alcohol-based ink. They are safe to use plus quick to dry. What is more, they also provide a gorgeous vibrant tone. However, dye-based paints are equally functional. But we may require to empty fast if we want to prevent from drying.
- Colors: You should buy a set which has at least 10 different colors so that you can blend the colors to get your desired color. In fact, “the more you get, the better your project be.” I will suggest you buy something that has around 50 colors.
- Refilling Capacity: Most Copic markers offer this feature. However, if you get this feature in alternatives Markers, that would be quite a catch. In that case, you can use this marker forever. It will save you money.
Top 10 best Copic marker alternative
To help your journey, we picked up a top 10 best Copic marker alternative for your convenience. We researched the market very carefully as we understand how delightfully quirky you can be about your artwork. We also clearly added which Copic marker is best in which category. So, enjoy your ride with us and pick up the suitable one.
1. Art-n-Fly 48 Professional Brush Markers Set
This 48 professional brush marker set made in Japan. These are artist grade markers which are suitable for drawing. They are also great markers for illustration artists.
- Variety: They are a range of vibrant colors, including skin color markers, portrait flesh skin tone markers, and earth tones natural colors.
- Replaceable Tips: These brush tip markers feature replaceable brush plus broad chisel nibs.
- Refillable Ink: These markers are refillable so that the markers last for a long time.
- Dual tip markers: The markers have a broad chisel tip on one side plus brush marker on the other side.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 5.9 x 0.6 x 3.9 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The weight is around 1.94 pounds.
- Comfortable to hold.
- They are smooth.
- They blend plus layer well.
- Easy to use.
- The colors are vibrant.
- I felt that two or three are quite similar (even though they are slightly different). But I guess they could use another variety of colors.
This 48 professional brush marker is a worthy alternative set to Copic Marker. You get all the features of the Copic marker in this case. A must buy the product for artists.
2. Caliart 100 Colors Dual Tip Alcohol Based Art Markers
This is another market which could be a great alternative to Copic Marker. This set consists of 100 vibrant colors. They come with one colorless blender marker plus some flesh skin tone markers like skin, blush and barely beige. These markers are fit for use on ceramic, papers, etc.
- Construction: These markers are highly pigmented. What is more, these coloring dual tip art markers are permanent. They built to last against fading. Additionally, these alcohol markers let you draw at least 1000 feet. The Caliart artist markers function well with ink flow or no skipping issues. Most importantly, the ink dries fast plus doesn’t smudge.
- Dual Tip Markers: They have an excellent and broad tip for precise underlining and highlighting. It let you write in both thick and thin lines.
- Color-coded Caps: These markers come with color-coded caps which provide for ease in organization plus use in identifying colors.
- Versatile: These markers can be used for various purposes such as animation, fashion design, product design, interior design, painting, landscaping, writing, drawing, coloring, and many more.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 7 x 5 x 9.5 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The weight of the product is 3.3 pounds.
- The ergonomic design makes your work easier.
- It comes with an elegant form-fitting black carrying case. So, you can use it for storing or traveling.
- It has an array of color series such as skin tone, light, bright or grey series.
- The professional fiber let it flow beautifully without skipping, fraying.
- The tips are quite sturdy.
- It works on almost all surfaces.
- It’s very affordable to buy.
- They provide a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee to customers.
- They bleed through regular coloring paper. However, if you don’t want them to bleed, then you can use them in very thick paper, watercolor paper or marker paper.
These markers will be a lovely addition to your art utility items. They are beyond great when we consider its price. Just awesome.
3. Colorona 24 Alcohol Markers Professional Art Set
This set is exclusively friendly for beginners and comes with 24 alcohol markers. It is perfect for adults as well as kids.
- Surface: They work superbly on any surface such as glass, metal, fabric, wood, ceramic, and many more.
- Color-coded Caps: They come with color-coded caps. What is more, this special alcohol ink doesn’t bleed. So, whatever you prefer bolds or pastels, no worries, the color stays precisely the same place you put it.
- Dual Tip: This set comes with fine tips plus chisel tips. The fine tips provide you unprecedented accuracy plus control. On the other hand, the chisel tips are suitable for creating straight lines, sharp edges plus coloring large sections.
- Storage: It features a carrying bag for storage. This set is also travel-friendly. With this bag, you can bring these markers anywhere.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 14 x 5 x 1.5 inches.
- Shipping Weight: the weight of the product is 1.2 pounds.
- The markers are lightfast.
- The markers are double-sided.
- This set has a rich collection of colors.
- It’s suitable for skin tones.
- It comes with a colorless blender.
- It does not have a brush.
This set seems a pretty great product at an affordable price.
4. Shuttle Art 51 Colors Dual Tip Alcohol Based Art Markers
This Shuttle set consists of 50 vibrant markers plus one permanent blender marker. These markers are known for 300 meters of continuous use which you a vast amount of ink per marker.
- Safety: These markers are non-toxic plus acid-free. So, they are quite teen and kid-friendly.
- Surface: You can use it on any surface such as cloth, wood, glass, ceramics, paper, and many more.
- Design: It has an ergonomic triangular-shaped barrel design. So, it’s very comfortable to hold. Furthermore, due to this shape design, the markers do not roll off from smooth surfaces.
- Dual tips: These markers possess both a 7mm broad tip for quick coverage plus 1mm pointed bullet tip for shadows, sketching, general writing, bullet points, general writing, and highlights.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 6.7 x 5.1 x 3.9 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The weight of the product is 2.1 pounds.
- It comes with a storage case which is quite travel-friendly.
- Easy to blend.
- It layers well.
- The colors dry quickly.
- These markers are Suitable for skin tones.
- These markers are fit for Illustration, Sketching, Adult Coloring and Card Making.
- It does not leave any streak behind.
- They provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- With thinner paper, they tend to bleed slightly.
These permanent markers are great for the value. And the price is way lower than you expected.
5. UGUI Markers, 80 Colors Art Marker Set
These GUI marker pens consist of 80 vibrant colors and suitable for kid & adult drawing, coloring, painting, sketching, highlighting, underlining and manga.
- Dual tip marker: This set comes with fine and broad (6mm & 1mm) tips. One is for creating various styles, patterns, and sketches with ease. The other one is for precise underlining and highlighting.
- Design: The triangular pen body design makes the markers comfortable to hold. You can also manage them easily. Each pen has a code. So, you can search for them easily.
- Suitable for: These high-quality alcohol-based ink are highly pigmented, and suitable for animation, costume, landscape, architectural, interior, products, student and artist sketch.
- Portable: This set comes with a nice black carry case. So, you can easily take it one place to another.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 7.7 x 4.7 x 6.7 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The weight of the product is 3.53 pounds.
- Material: The material is plastic.
- Pen length: The Pen length is 6.3 in.
- Writing tip: The writing tip is 0.04 in & 0.23 in.
- Writing length: The writing length is 985 ft
- These markers built to last against fading.
- They blend fantastically to enhance your artwork.
- They lay beautifully.
- This set is portable.
- This set has a lot of skin tones.
- Nibs are replaceable.
- With regular papers, it bleeds slightly.
This is a great Copic markers alternative marker. This product is a show stealer if we consider its price.
6. MILO 24 Art Marker Set Dual-Tip Artist Markers
This MILO art marker set is suitable for adult coloring, coloring books, and calligraphy.
- Brush marker & Chisel Tips: Each marker comes with dual tips. The pointed brush tip is for detailed design plus brush strokes. And the chisel tip marker is for wider strokes.
- Versatile: This set is versatile. You can use it for coloring, design, sketch, architecture, doodle or manga.
- Alcohol-based ink: Each marker has rich quality ink and lasts for a long time.
- Storage: It comes with a stylish box for storage.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 4.1 x 2.4 x 6.2 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The weight is around 1.05 pounds.
- They blend fantastically.
- These markers function well for coloring books.
- Each set consists of 24 vibrant color markers.
- It includes a convenient, reusable marker box for organizing your markers.
- Sometimes, the markers bleed.
This set has a few drawbacks like the markers, and the nibs are stiff. But, still, this set is fantastic in quality and price.
7. Arrtx 24 Colors Skin Tone Marker Set Dual Tip Twin, Alcohol Based Art Markers
These alcohol-based art markers designed to make drawing more realistic. You have many opportunities to use them, such as manga, illustration, sketch, drawing, portrait, face, flesh.
- Cap: The cap of the pens cover more stringent, so, pens don not volatilize or become dry.
- Dual tip: Each marker has a dual tip, chisel-edged tip, and medium rounded tip. A chisel edged tip is suitable for wider strokes plus filling larger areas. On the other hand, a medium rounded tip is suitable for enhancing details.
- Mixed colorless pen: It features a mixed colorless pen to organize more delicate color.
- Package content: This set includes 24 colors alcohol-based marker pen plus one colorless marker for blending.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 6.7 x 4.7 x 3.1 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The weight of the product is around is 14.4 ounces.
- Rich pigment.
- Smooth writing.
- Consistent ink flow.
- Beginner-friendly markers.
- The set includes a traveling case.
- Not as opaque as they promoted.
These markers bleed with the regular paper. However, the performance of these markers is excellent. And you are getting 24 stamps at such a lower price, in fact, one Copic marker’s price is more than this set. So, I believe, you can forgive a few drawbacks. As I mentioned before, you will not face any problem with the performance of these markers.
8. Ohuhu 40-color Alcohol Marker
The ohuhu markers are highly pigmented. This set has an array of vibrant color options (40 colors). And the markers are ideal for adult coloring, drawing and many more.
- Blending: These alcohol-based markers are built to last against fading. What is more, they blend fantastically for enhanced dimension to your artwork.
- High quality: These marker pens let you color at least 984ft. Worth of drawings.
- Fast-drying: You can mix different color plus easily layer without worrying about blotches and smudges.
- Color-based caps: The color-based cap agrees to ease in organization plus use in identifying colors.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 6.1 x 4.1 x 4.1 inches
- Shipping weight: The weight of the product is around 1 pound.
- It comes with a beautiful black carrying case.
- Fine and broad tips for precise underlining and highlighting.
- They last for a long time.
- It is reasonably priced.
- They are not brush-tipped.
These markers are a great alternative to Copic markers.
9. Bianyo Classic Series Alcohol-Based Dual Tip Art Markers（Set of 72, Travel Case）
This bianyo classic series is the alcohol-based marker. They are permanent and have low odor.
- Waterproof: These markers are waterproof plus smudge-proof on most surfaces.
- Dual tip: Each marker has dual tips – Broad chisel (approx. 1-7mm) and fine point(approx. 0. 7mm) nibs.
- Square penholder: It comes with a square penholder, which is very comfortable to hold.
- Suitable for: You can use these 71 colors for architectural design, landscape, underlining, highlighting, advertise rendering, and other forms of comic design.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 6.7 x 6.6 x 5.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: the weight of the product is 2.9 pounds.
- It has a square barrel shape design to prevent it rolling from desk or table.
- This set comes with a colorless blender.
- It comes with a black canvas bag which is very durable and can hold 72pcs graffiti markers.
- This set is non-toxic. So, it’s very safe to use.
- They provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- They bleed.
This set is perfect for beginners and professionals. Perfect for beginners is because they can do a lot of practice with these markers, plus they are super affordable. Seventy-two colors are available in this set. So, professionals can explore a lot. They can blend the colors and make something unique. However, these markers bleed. Except this, it’s a blessing for artists.
10. Prismacolor 3620 Premier Double-Ended Art Markers, 12 Pack
Prismacolor is indeed a very renowned brand around the world. It always adds value to its products. Prismacolor 12 pack double-ended art markers can create accomplished artworks or illustrations.
- Fine and chisel tips: These double-ended markers include a chisel tip on one end for multiple line widths and a fine tip on the other for sharp, detailed lines. This handy design allows you to switch between full coverage and precise work easily.
- Advanced ink: The ink of this set is brilliant. The markers use premium alcohol plus a dye ink which generates a professional tone. So, the shades of the markers are vibrant and rich. Everyone will love that.
- Colors: You will get a variety of rich colors in this set. You will get 12 markers in the following colors Yellow-orange, Canary yellow, Carmine red, Mulberry, Parrot Green, Dark Umber, Violet, Crimson red, pink, Ultramarine, black and dark green.
- Manufactured in: It made in the United States.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 7.5 x 6.4 x 0.8 inches.
- Item Weight: The weight of the product is 6.4 ounces.
- They blend beautifully.
- It’s charmingly suitable for adult coloring projects.
- They do not bleed.
- The markers are entirely fade resistant. The colors remain vibrant and bright.
- The caps are tight.
- You will not get any case with this set.
The richness, beauty, and versatility of this set are unparalleled. An excellent product, indeed!
These are our top 10 best Copic marker alternative. So, understand your requirements and choose wisely. However, if I need to recommend any paper, then I will pick up 48 Professional Brush Markers Set by Art-n-Fly.
In terms of quality, it can rival the Copic markers. However, Caliart 100 Colors Dual Tip Alcohol Based Art Markers or Bianyo Classic Series Alcohol-Based Dual Tip Art Markers(Set of 72) could be an excellent choice. You are getting tons of markers at a very cheap price, which is just awesome.
However, the final call is yours. So, whatever decision you make, best luck with that. I hope your adventure will allow us to enjoy some best artworks if you would like to share anything, comment below.
Frequently Asked Question
We made a thread where we told our visitors to share their question. If they need to know anything, they can message us. So, our visitors send the following questions which we are going to address. However, still, if you have any question that is kept unaddressed, you can also send us a message. In that case, send us an email at [email protected] or comment below. We will try our best to reach you.
Is it possible to blend Copic markers with other brands?
Yes, you can. But you have to keep it in mind that they are of the same kind of ink. Usually, Copic markers are alcohol-based ink. So, the alternative brand also needs to be alcohol-based ink. So, if both are alcohol-based ink, then, I guess, there is no harm to mix Copic markers with an alternative brand.
How long the markers take to dry?
Well, they will take a few minutes. However, the best one dry in just seconds.
Are alternative markers permanent?
Well, yes, most of them are. They will not take off quickly.
Should I get a large pack or a small pack of markers?
Well, it depends on your needs. If you are a beginner artist, I believe, you are ready to go with 10 or 2pieces. But if you are working on a project or you are a prolific artist, then I believer, you need more than that. At least, you will need 50-75 pieces.
How much time I can make use of each marker.
Ans.: Well, suppose, the marker has 500 to 900 feet of ink, in that case, you can use them around three months if you use the marker every day. However, if you are not regular in your usage, then it will survive for about one year. So, it depends on your usage.