Pick up the best paint for the trim can be an overwhelming job. But, no worries, we picked the best trim paint on the market for your convenience. We researched the market very carefully as we understand how delightfully quirky you can be about your best trim paint color.
Anyway, the first four are the best ones to decorate the baseboard, door, white walls, or bathroom. The others are the best paint sprayer for trim and doors that can be used for a wide range of tasks, such as windshield wipers, windshield dash trim, rear diffusers, automotive aluminum trim-side mirrors, etc.
Let’s get started.
Best Paint for Trim, Baseboards. Doors and Walls Review
1. ADVANCE Waterborne Interior Alkyd Paint
First of all, this paint makes your house like a fairy tale palace. It has this perfect semi-gloss finish, which makes your venture look like a dream. It also can stand up to constant washing.
But you know what else?
The application process is enjoyable to do. And if you like painting, then what you need more?
Are you sick and tired of clean up? Well, in that case, you are lucky. This paint offers so easy to clean up that you will have a perfect time. For cleaning purposes, just use water and soap.
But one thing –
You must follow the instruction strictly. Never start painting without reading the instruction. Otherwise, the painting could be a mess, and cleanup would be as much as laborious it can be.
Want to hear the best part?
The flow of paint is absolutely a delight to use. Most importantly, it has to level properties. Good for you.
Speaking of durability, it’s incredible. It will last forever. Besides that, it’s versatile and can be used with ceilings, walls, cabinets, trim, and interior doors.
In fact, I will recommend it as the best paint for trim and baseboards.
- It’s block-resistant as well as spatter resistant.
- It settles smoothly and flat.
- It let the printer extended the time to work with it.
- The paint levels impressively.
- It can be used for a few projects.
- It doesn’t dry quickly.
2. INSL-X CC5601099-1K Cabinet Coat Enamel
What do you need to refurbish or refurbish? Is it your furniture, shelve, crown molding, trim, or bathroom cabinet? Well, you can do all of them with this paint.
Further, it has a semi-gloss finish, ensuring that your paint resists scuffing, food stains, chipping, grease & water. Also, the satin finish maintains the brand-new look for years.
To make the deal even better, you can use it on any rough surfaces, including varnish and polyurethane. Sounds impressive, right?
As if that’s not enough, they provide brilliant flow as well as leveling. One thing for sure, you will have fun doing this.
Also, it has the best trim color for white walls, hasn’t it?
- The adhesion ensures the best painting on any sort of surface.
- Long-lasting, hence will serve you for your lifetime.
- Versatile thus can be used on a lot of surfaces.
- Durable; therefore, it looks equally great on delicate surfaces.
- It looks better if you use it with a primer.
- Sometimes, it can take 2-3 coats to cover. So, be patient.
3. Montage Signature Interior/Exterior Eco-Friendly Paint
Professional, yes, that’s the word that can justify the quality and performance of this painting. You can use it for exterior or interior, anything case in point, large commercial building, or small residential spaces.
Anyway, I find it as the best paint for trim interior. But, you can use it for outer walls. Though, it works best for interior ventures.
Their latest sealing technology ensures that the paint can defend itself against mildew, mold, and moisture.
The superior coverage is another specialty of this paint. It allows your brush to run evenly and smoothly. At the same time, it also provides superior coverage.
But that does not feature that impressed me most.
It’s their eco-friendly manufacturing technology that attracted me best. They use recycled paint, which is generated from post-consumer and raw latex paints. I really believe we should use something that’s recycled and do not harm our environment. I really applaud their approach. That’s the need of the hour.
Anyway, we’re not through yet.
I know some consumers can doubt the quality of recycled products, even though there’s nothing to worry about. But still, I can understand your concern. So, let me help you with this piece of information. Its 10-year premium covers this product.
Still, worried? I don’t think so.
The price is another hallmark of this product. At such an affordable price, you are getting the 5 Gallon paint.
Think I am exaggerating?
Then, check out the deal and see for yourself. I am sure; you will be beautifully surprised.
- It has a perfect consistency; thus, you get a smooth paint.
- It has a low odor; hence you get a pleasant environment.
- You can find it in all colors.
- As it’s scrubbable, you can easily clean it.
- It’s washable and dries quickly.
- The colors are absolutely vivid.
- I didn’t like the plastic lid.
4. Benjamin Moore Ultra Spec 500 Interior Paint
This one is an attractive paint choice for your wall, cabinet, trim, door, and ceiling surfaces. Also, it gives a semi-gloss finish that makes it the best paint for trim and doors.
Interestingly enough, it has an impressive stain release; therefore, it rinses clean effortlessly. Sounds good, right?
But you know what else?
This one meets the criteria for LEED v4 credit. That’s something. I like the fact that this paint can pass any rigid environmental standards. And this fact is true for any color.
- It has zero VOC.
- The hiding is excellent.
- It has the best touch up.
- This one dries pretty quickly, thus, saves your precious time.
- It’s spattered resistant.
- Leveling, as well as the flow, is something that amazes you the best.
- One coat is just enough.
- It doesn’t smell at all.
- It’s sort of the best paint for bathroom trim.
- Not suitable for outdoor projects.
5. Dupli-Color TB101 Trim and Bumper Paint
For 60 years, Dupli color provides us the best paint for their consumer. They are always known for their perfect “match.”
This trim spray paint has the best adhesion on the market. Its color is excellent. Besides that, it will dry in 30 minutes.
Speaking of durability, it can take rough washes, including storm, sand, and rain. These things can’t harm the paint even a bit. The color holds up divinely.
- It doesn’t fade, peel, or flake.
- It adheres to plastics and metals fantastically.
- Works excellent on interior and exterior applications, including bumper and trim surfaces.
- Comes with an EZ touch fan spray nozzle.
- Covers remarkably with an impressive looking finish.
- The colors are not as deep as I expected. It’s a bit lighter.
6. SEM 39143 Trim Black Aerosol
This best paint sprayer has the perfect texture, color, and a spectacular product for painting on stainless steel, aluminum, steel, and plastic.
Further, it can tidy up any window trim or black bumper on your car. Amazingly enough, it lasts forever.
Moreover, it’s versatile and can be used for a wide range of ventures, for instance, windshield wipers, windshield dash trim, rear diffusers, automotive aluminum trim, and side mirrors.
And the best part is wherever you use it, that thing just turned out absolutely fabulous. Indeed, it created many possibilities for you.
- The paint adheres to the materials impressively.
- It has a quick flash time.
- It provides a marvelous finish.
- Hold up terrifically in snow, sun, and rain.
- The paint goes on evenly and smoothly.
- Incredibly straightforward to work with.
- Nozzle dispenser provides an uneven stream.
- The aerosol pressure is not enough.
7. VHT SP27 Bumper & Trim Paint Satin Spray
VHT black trim paint works divinely on plastic. But, one thing you need to do is to follow the instructions.
Here is how it goes –
They strictly instructed you to prep the exact surface that you are planning to paint. In that case, you can try Rustoleum 2X primer. It only costs around $4.
Anyway, clean the plastic before using anything. Then again, do light coats. If you follow the instruction, the paint really looks very nice.
Besides that, the sheen of this trim paint is lovely. It’s sort of like satin finish, not the kind of glossy one.
- The print doesn’t fade; it also holds well.
- It adheres effortlessly.
- It sticks terrifically.
- Works on ATV plastics and Acura bumper.
- If you don’t do proper prep, the paint wears off quickly.
8. Rust-Oleum Matte BlackRust-Oleum Automotive Trim
This 11oz spray paint has an OEM color match. It’s compatible with metal trim. But you can also use it with interior door handles, headlight trim, grill, or window cranks of a car.
In addition to that, it never wears off. Thus, car washes, rain, cold, heat never can harm the paint.
However, clean your trim correctly before using it. Then, shake the paint jar. Then again, paint on a chunk of cardboard to make the paint started. In that way, there won’t be any splitting. Sound good, right?
- Designed with any angle spray technology.
- Defends discolored or weathered bumpers plus moldings.
- Protects against rust.
- Provides perfect even coverage, therefore easy to work with
- I didn’t find the sprayer stream as smooth as I expected.
9. SEM 39063 Gloss Trim Black Aerosol
This black paint is suitable for trim, door handles, and side mirrors. It’s well-built and lasts for a longer time.
Also, it’s excellent spray paint for the interior. When you use it on any surface, it looks absolutely amazing. Besides that, it never fades, wrinkles, or peels.
After that, do prep ideally before applying it. If you don’t do the prep, the result could be less smooth. Hence, to get a glossy deep black finish, you must use a primer and ready the surface correctly.
- It looks incredible on any surface.
- Made in the USA.
- The coverage is absolutely amazing.
- A perfect match for black aluminum.
- It stinks terribly. Thus, wear a mask when you are applying it.
10. Wurth Flexible Trim Paint 15oz
This could be your ultimate product to make brighter your precious trim. It can be used on bumper pads, door handles, and mirrors.
Striking enough, it works better than I expected. It provides a marvelous finish that makes your trim look brand-new.
Speaking longevity, it lasts for a considerable amount of time. It can also rough uses. Sounds great, right?
- It can withstand any rugged environment.
- An ideal match for the OE texture as well as color.
- Durable hence offer consistent color.
- Incredibly effortless to apply.
- It doesn’t smell much.
- It takes some time to dry.
These are our top 10 best trim paint. Most of the products that we have picked up have an extremely affordable price. Thus, understand your requirements and choose wisely.
Anyway, now is the time when we announce today’s best for consumer products. And it is – Montage Signature Interior/Exterior Eco-Friendly Paint.
Indeed, some factors play a crucial role when it comes to picking up the best trim paint. Anyway, the most important one is our consumer reports, where it earned the most popular choice among consumers due to its eco-friendly manufacturing technology.
Also, it has the latest sealing technology and provides the finest coverage. Then again, it has the best trim paint color. Because You can find it in all colors. The colors are also vivid.
Overall, it’s a darling. Surprisingly enough, the price is very reasonable.
Anyway, the final call is yours. So, whatever decision you make, best luck with that. I hope your adventure will allow us to enjoy some of the best creativity; if you would like to share anything, comment below.
Factors to consider while buying Paint for Trim, Baseboards. Doors
Avoidance of brush marks
You have to pick up a trim paint that can settle the color evenly. Always remember, if the sheen is flatter, the brush mark will be less visible.
Gloss is a crucial aspect of trim paint. Glossy possess a tight molecular structure. Hence, the dirt and debris can work into small pores. Semi-gloss, gloss, satin, high gloss are the trim paint finish glosses.
The thick consistency of trim paint prevents sagging.
Sometimes, the sun yellows the paint. Therefore, you should buy paint which can protect them against rain, sun, and washes.
The budget definitely plays a crucial role in buying trim paint. If you have a generous budget, you definitely go for good brands. The first four reviews are the best paint on the market. If you have a reasonable budget, don’t dare to go for another one.
Anyway, you have a tight budget, no worries, you can use spray paint. They are cheap, like hell, and do the job quite well.
You have to pick up the best interior trim paint for your projects. And, in my experience, the brands that are worth mentioning –
- Montage Signature
- Benjamin Moore
In this article, we made sure that you get one review from each brand.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a trim paint?
Trim paint, typically, falls into the group of interior paint. The way you recognized it – trim paint is a gloss, semi-gloss, high gloss, or a gloss of stain.
Why use trim paint?
Trim paint used to paint ceilings, walls, cabinets, trim, and interior doors.
When to paint walls and trim the same color?
In that case, I have an idea. Paint the trim in a lighter shade than your wall color. In that way, the walls will appear as if they’re receding.
Is trim paint different from wall paint?
Well, the difference is the amount of shine. Flat paint – there is no shine; Eggshell – there is a very little shine; Semi-gloss – there is a perfect amount of shine.
How long does trim paint take to dry?
Well, the oil-based paint takes around 6-8 hours. For latex paint, 1 hour will be just fine.
Does trim paint need to be oil-based?
No, the trim paint can be alkyd/oil-based. Also, it can be acrylic latex or enamel based.
How much trim paint do I need?
Two gallons would be just fine for the doors and trim. For the walls, five-gallon is required.
How to match trim paint?
Well, you can show your creativity. Or can take my previous suggestion where I said – Paint the trim in a lighter shade than your wall color. In that way, the walls will appear as if they’re receding.