The Copic markers are known better than most other markers as they have a brush nib which let a feathering effect. As they are softer and smaller, they also able to get into small areas than bullet nibs. They are portable. The illustrators, designer, artists and colorists prefer Copic marker for their eye-catching effect. So, the Copic marker set the standard for excellence.
To help your journey, we picked up a top 10 Best Copic Marker for your convenience. We researched the market very carefully as we understand how delightfully quirky you can be about your artwork. We also clearly added which Copic marker is best in which category. So, enjoy your ride with us and pick up the suitable one.
Table of Contents
- What Are the Different Kinds of Copic Markers?
- How Do Copic Markers Work?
- How To pick up the Best Copic Markers to Start With?
- Top 10 best Copic Markers
- 1. Copic Premium Artist Markers – 72 color Set A – best Copic marker for artists
- 2. Copic Marker C72A Classic 72 Color Marker Sketch Set – best Copic markers for architecture
- 3. Copic Marker Montana Rainbow Doodle Kit 7 Markers (068844), – best Copic marker for hobbyists
- 4. Copic Marker CNG12 12-Piece Neutral Gray Set – best Copic markers for fashion illustration
- 5. Copic Markers GL12ASET Glitter Set A, 12-Piece – Best Copic marker for glittering
- 6. Copic IB12 Ciao Markers Basic Set, 12-Piece – best Copic markers for beginners
- 7. Copic Markers 9-Piece Multiliner Inking Pen Set B-2, Black (MLB2) – best Copic markers for anime
- 8. Copic Marker SB12 12-Piece Sketch Basic Set – best Copic markers for comics
- 9.Copic Markers 6-Piece Sketch Set, Skin Tones I – best Copic markers for skin tones
- 10. Copic Marker Sketch Color Fusion Markers, CSCF 5, 3-Pack – best Copic marker for artists
- Overall Ideas
- Frequently Asked Questions About Copic Marker
- What are Copic Markers exactly?
- What are the differences between the Copic markers?
- Which Copic is the best?
- Which colors do I need exactly?
- What exactly is a (colorless) blender? And how do I use this?
- How do I replenish my Copic Marker when they are empty?
- Do I draw my outlines with a normal Copic Marker?
- What prices do I have to expect for Copic markers?
- What is the history of Copic markers?
- How to reload Copic markers?
What Are the Different Kinds of Copic Markers?
There are different types of Copic marker. To understand the difference, you have to be well-acquainted with them.
Copic Ciao Markers:
- The Ciao markers are entry-level markers. They are for beginners and first-timers. They are ideal for teens and kids. The price is also very reasonable than other kinds of markers.
- The quality of the Copic ciao marker is excellent. It comes in fewer colors. However, usually, the brand provides 180 shades, which I believe, is enough for the beginners.
- Furthermore, you can blend, re-work to finish your drawing and illustrations. The ciao Copic marker features double ends. However, you can’t fit any extra nib to the marker.
- The super brush nib is pointed plus can bend to mix shades. The medium broad nib possesses a chisel-like tip which can fill big areas quickly. More importantly, you can use it for highlighting.
- The Ciao marker is small. So, it’s easy to maneuver for the beginners. It also fits into the smallest hands easily. One ink jar refills your marker up to 15 times.
- The cap has small holes for air. However, rarely, these markers are compatible with Copic’s AirBrush system. The Ciao Copic markers are circular. So, they may roll off a table or a desk easily.
Copic Sketch markers:
- Copic Sketch markers are the top-notch product provided for artists, illustrators, cartoonists, and designers. They are exclusively designed for perfect blending and coloring.
- Traditionally, they come in 358 colors so that the artists get plenty of options. This kind of marker is not suitable for amateurs.
- Furthermore, the markers include a super brush plus a medium board nib. You can use a super brush as a paintbrush and the medium board nib for coloring.
- Illustrators adore these markers as they can be applied for big coloring areas plus thorough work. They offer best quality shading, blending, and coloring. Most importantly, the Copic Sketch marker is compatible with Copic’s AirBrush system.
- Copic Sketch markers are bigger than the Ciao marker. But it works just fine in small and large hands. The shape of the Copic sketch markers is oval. They don’t roll around flat surfaces like a table or desk. Furthermore, one ink jar fills the marker up to 12 times.
Copic Classic Marker:
- The Copic Classic markers are the genuine Copic markers. They provide the required balance between the sketch and Ciao markers. Copic Classic markers are versatile markers.
- These color come in 214 colors. So, the artist always finds their desired shade. The Copic Classic marker has some unique shades which are not available in sketch markers or ciao markers. However, you can blend shades in the sketch markers to find the desired shade. But you can’t do that with Ciao markers.
- The Copic classic markers provide nine different nib options. They include standard fine tip plus standard broad chisel tip. The standard broad chisel tip is broader and bigger. On the other hand, the standard fine tip is firmer and smaller for detailed work.
- What is more, the Copic classic marker is compatible with Copic’s AirBrush system. Interestingly enough, you may install nibs for calligraphy.
- They’re compatible with Copic’s AirBrush System. These markers are more versatile than any other markers offered by Copic. You can install nibs for calligraphy.
Copic Wide markers:
- The Copic wide markers are suitable for the big color area. They are quite different from other models provided by Copic as they are shorter and wider. They possess a sing coloring end plus a large chisel tip.
- They include 36 different shade, which is not a good option for artists. They are not easy to use for kids as they require larger hands to hold.
- a marker of the exclusive sale in Japan. With brush on one end and rounded fiber tip on the other. They can only be obtained by importing them through the Internet.
How Do Copic Markers Work?
Copic marker is a rich-quality alcohol-based marker. You can apply the ink smoothly. Furthermore, it is very easy to blend with the other inks. You can re-adjust your work or re-wet the ink. The Copic marker is free of any acid. Most of the Copic markers are refillable. So,
“To purchase a Copic marker is actually an investment.”
The nibs of the Copic markers are also replaceable. The Copic markers last for a long time. Some of them will last a lifetime. Copic markers do not ruin the fibers of the paper. However, still, it’s more compatible with the special Copic paper that we already discussed in our previous article. I recommend you to use that.
Mixing Copic colors:
An artist needs a range of colors to execute his or her work. But we all know that Copic marker is a bit expensive. So, it’s not always possible to buy different Copic colors. However, the most striking fact about Copic color is you can blend colors to create a new shade. Most markers have a code.
How To pick up the Best Copic Markers to Start With?
Well, there are a few factors which you can keep in your mind to buy a Copic Marker.
- Comfort: You need to be comfortable to hold your Copic marker. The Copic ciao marker possesses a round barrel which makes it easy to carry. The wide marker maintains a flattened oval shape. The classic has a square shape. The sketch has an oval barrel shape. Each shape has its benefits and problem. However, the consumer may require a bit of practice to use the last three shapes.
- Color Range: The Copic wide markers come in 36 colors. The sketch Copic marker comes in 358 colors. The Ciao and Classics markers come in 180 and 214 colors, respectively. Even though the sketch Copic marker seems an excellent choice, keep it in mind that, if you are not a prolific artist, you may not need so many Copic Markers. Also, you can create new colors by blending.
- Available nibs: Usually, Copic Marker two different nibs. They can have a huge influence on your venture. For example, a wide nib is excellent to fill in big areas. But it doesn’t do an excellent job in detailed work. Luckily enough, most of the Copic markers provide the opportunity of changing the nibs. This allows you to apply the same marker for an array of different ventures. The Copic Classic marker can work with 9 different types of ink. The sketch Copic marker can function with 3 different dibs. What is more, the wide and Ciao Copic marker provides you the option between 2 different nibs.
Top 10 best Copic Markers
1. Copic Premium Artist Markers – 72 color Set A – best Copic marker for artists
Copic makes one of the top-notch quality alcohol markers in the world. The Japanese manga industry develops it. Copic markers are suitable for all styles of design, illustration, crafts and art.
- Vibrant, smooth color: You can use Copic ink smoothly. It is easy to blend. What is more, alcohol-based ink dries acid-free. The alcohol-based ink does not ruin paper fibers the way water-based ink does. Furthermore, the open time on uncoated paper is unlimited. As a result, you can re-wet the ink later, even after years.
- Permanent & non-toxic: This Copic marker set is free of harmful chemicals. It does not have any overwhelming odors. So, you can enjoy them without any hassle.
- Refillable: This set is refillable. It will last a lifetime. You have to refill the marker plus replace the damages nibs. That’ all you have to do. So, it’s an investment, not just a purchase.
- Super brush-nib: The durable brush supports smooth blend plus paint like applications. It has the best quality and feel of the super brush nib.
- Product dimension: the dimension of the product is 5 x 2.5 x 6.1 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The shipping weight of the product is 45 pounds
- This ciao set is packaged in a clear plastic case.
- It’s compatible with the airbrush system.
- They are well saturated.
- They blend enchantingly.
- The colors are vivid and vibrant.
- A few consumers complain about color variation. They think that the color selection should be more varied. However, most of the consumers seem more than pleased about the collection.
This is the perfect set to start your work. They can be used for all sorts of art purposes. More importantly, this set will be a lovely addition to your collection. It will serve you your lifetime.
2. Copic Marker C72A Classic 72 Color Marker Sketch Set – best Copic markers for architecture
This Copic marker classic set exclusively designed for product rendering, architectural and other forms of industrial design. They are also perfect for use with ceramics, models and similar ventures.
- Ideal for: this Copic marker is suitable for airbrushing, calligraphy and graphic art needs.
- Nib: The broad nib provides compatible, smooth coverage for larger areas. On the other hand, the fine nib agrees to easy detail work.
- Compatible with: They are entirely compatible with the Copic airbrush system.
- Refillable: The markers are refillable.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 8 x 3 x 5.9 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The shipping weight is 4.08lb.
- It is packaged in a clear plastic bag.
- Markers have an array of nib options.
- Color selection is expandable.
- The set consists of 72 colors.
- It’s a bit pricey.
This is an excellent product for professional people. But it’s a bit expensive. So, if you have a reasonable budget, you can try this one.
3. Copic Marker Montana Rainbow Doodle Kit 7 Markers (068844), – best Copic marker for hobbyists
This rainbow kit is a handy product. It features a handful of things you need. It contains seven markers – 5 colorful ciao markers plus two multiline pens.
- Compatible with: 5 pieces are compatible with the Copic airbrush system.
- Refillable: The markers are double-ended refillable markers.
- Non-toxic: It contains non-toxic ink.
- Waterproof: The multi liners are waterproof, permanent pigment pens which will not bleed into Copic markers.
- Product dimension: the dimension of the product is 6 x 3.8 x 0.6 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The weight of the product is 3.2 ounces.
- They are Ethanol-based ink.
- They are archival and photocopy safe.
- They dry fast.
- The colors are lighter.
- This set is kid-friendly.
- The colors have an odor.
This set has a reasonable price and the colors are also vibrant. The caliber of this product is quite rich.
4. Copic Marker CNG12 12-Piece Neutral Gray Set – best Copic markers for fashion illustration
This 12-piece neutral gray set is ideal for artists, fashion designers, comic artists, etc.
- Packaged: It is packaged in a clear plastic case for storage.
- Compatible with: This set is compatible with the Copic airbrush system.
- Markers and nibs: It has refillable markers plus replaceable nibs.
- Safety: This alcohol-based ink is non-toxic and acid-free. So, it’s very safe to use.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 3 x 1.6 x 5.8 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The weight of the product is 12.8 ounces.
- Alcohol-based ink is permanent.
- Low odor.
- The markers never bleed.
- Easy to use.
- Refillable as well as replaceable.
- Not yet found.
This is a perfect budget-priced Copic marker for everyone. You will be delightfully happy with this set.
5. Copic Markers GL12ASET Glitter Set A, 12-Piece – Best Copic marker for glittering
This 12-piece Copic marker glitter set could be a perfect way to start or add to a marker collection. It features a no-clog tip.
- Safety: The ink is non-toxic plus acid-free.
- Writes for: It writes for over 360-yards-twice the measurement of other glitter pens.
- Glitter: The glitter is made of micro-glass flakes that are more reflective than glass beads applied or used by other brands.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 6 x 5 x 0.6 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The product weight is around 2 ounces.
- The ink is archival.
- It comes in a clear plastic case for portability.
- The glitter is sparkly. They twinkle like stars.
- The markers lay down a semi-opaque color.
- The colors are vibrant.
- They (the pens) enhanced your coloring or crafting venture.
- Sometimes they can bleed.
If you love a gorgeous glitter accent, these are a suitable pen for you.
6. Copic IB12 Ciao Markers Basic Set, 12-Piece – best Copic markers for beginners
This is the perfect set for beginners, which is affordable and provides 12 colors which let you create your coloring collection. You can use these vibrant and smooth colors in different kinds of design, illustration, crafts and art.
- Permanent: The colors are permanent. The markers don’t ruin paper fibers as they are an alcohol-based marker.
- Lasting: You can use these markers for a long time.
- Dual end: You can use the dual ends to paint, color and highlight.
- Refillable and replaceable: The markers are refillable. They also have replaceable nibs. What is more, it’s compatible with the Copic airbrush system.
- Suitable for: The colors are non-toxic. So, they are an excellent pick-up for kids’ and teens.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 6 x 1.4 x 6 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The weight of the product is 7 ounces.
- The colors dry fast.
- It comes in a plastic cover.
- Comfortable to hold.
- Easy to maneuver.
- Two nib options are available.
This is the best Copic marker of beginners as the price is very much affordable plus the quality of the product is top-notch.
7. Copic Markers 9-Piece Multiliner Inking Pen Set B-2, Black (MLB2) – best Copic markers for anime
Copic multi liner inking pen is a must-have item for artists, designers, and illustrators as they have consistent line flow plus precision.
- Waterproof: The multi liners are waterproof on papers. Frequently, they are used with watercolors as they don’t bleed.
- Copic-proof: Once the multi liners’ ink dry, they will not bleed when colored over with Copic markers.
- Available in: this set is available in 8 colors. The colors are olive, warm gray, brown, sepia, wine, pink, cobalt, and gray.
- Sizes: Wine, olive and cobalt available in 4 nib sizes; 0.3mm, 0.5mm and 0.5 mm.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 5 x 0.5 x 6 inches.
- Item Weight: The weight of the product is around 0.8 ounces.
- The colors are archival.
- These pigment-based inks are fade resistant.
- They are long-lasting.
- They dry fast.
- They don’t bleed.
- You can write a journal with these pens.
- It comes with two brush tip markers.
- They are not refillable.
It’s a pretty great product and customers’ adore that.
8. Copic Marker SB12 12-Piece Sketch Basic Set – best Copic markers for comics
This Copic marker 12 pieces sketch basic set packaged in a clear plastic case.
- Nibs: The sketch marker comes with two nibs. It also comes with the super brush. These two selections let you metamorphose between covering larger areas and precision coloring successfully.
- Permanent: The colors are permanent. They will not fade with time. It will not affect the paper also as it’s alcohol-based ink.
- Decoration: you can add more color, re-wet the ink, or adjust your writing.
- Shape: They don’t roll over the desk or table as they are oval.
- Blending: The markers assist you to blend amazing colors.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 4 x 1.3 x 6 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The weight of the product is 10.1 ounces.
- They have refillable markers plus replaceable nibs.
- They are compatible with the c airbrush system.
- They are acid-free and dries fast.
- The colors are smooth and vibrant.
Thee markers are the topmost choice for a Japanese manga artist. They will last for a long time.
9.Copic Markers 6-Piece Sketch Set, Skin Tones I – best Copic markers for skin tones
Copic marker is suitable for all kinds of styles of crafts, illustration, design and art. This skin tone set is very great to create varied tones in your pictures, which makes the images enchanting.
- Refillable: You can refill the marker again and again. However, you can also replace the damaged nibs.
- Super brush nib: It comes with flexible brush nib for paint like applications.
- Permanent: The colors are permanent.
- Safety: The Copic ink is acid-free.
- Vibrant, smooth color: You can use Copic ink smoothly. It is easy to blend. What is more, the alcohol-based ink dries acid-free. The alcohol-based ink does not ruin paper fibers the way water-based ink does. Furthermore, the open time on uncoated paper is unlimited. As a result, you can re-wet the ink later, even after years.
- Product dimension: the dimension of the product is 8 x 0.5 x 3.9 inches.
- Shipping weight: The weight of the product is around 3.52 ounces.
- It’s packaged in a clear plastic case.
- They have an oval shape.
- They dry fast.
- The set is compatible with the Copic airbrush system.
- They have better tips.
- Not yet found. A few consumers complained about the price. However, the price decreases a bit. So, that’s not a problem now.
This skin tone set consists of E00 Cotton Pearl, E11 Barley Beige, E13 Light Suntan, E15 Dark Suntan, E18 Copper and R20 Blush. It will enhance your painting on a different level.
10. Copic Marker Sketch Color Fusion Markers, CSCF 5, 3-Pack – best Copic marker for artists
This Copic marker is suitable for fine art design crafting paper and more. It has three markers in different shades.
- Available in: It is available in a range of different color options.
- Safety: it’s nontoxic. It conforms to ASTM D 4236. So, it’s quite safe for people.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 9 x 0.5 x 2 inches.
- Shipping Weight: the weight of the product is 0.32 ounces.
- It’s quite safe for people.
- Best quality.
- Great for design, paper crafting and more.
- Not yet found.
It’s a must-try product for the artists.
These are our top 10 best Copic markers. So, understand your requirements and choose wisely. However, if I need to recommend any paper, then I will select Copic Premium Artist Markers – 72 colors Set A. The reason for picking up is this the quality and the price. Even though, Copic Marker C72A Classic 72 Color Marker Sketch Set is more resourceful than the previous one. But it’s a bit pricey.
The final call is yours. So, whatever decision you make, best luck with that. I hope your adventure will allow us to enjoy some best artworks if you would like to share anything, comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions About Copic Marker
What are Copic Markers exactly?
Copics are professional designer felt-tip pens. These are based on alcohol. Like all alcohol-based sticks, they have the property of drying quite quickly. This may not always be an advantage, but the fast drying causes them to blur less often than other pens.
Designers, architects and comic artists use the Copic Markers primarily to create their sketches and storyboards and to make them more lively. Gradually, however, the Copic markers also prevailed in the manga and anime area, as they are ideal for full-fledged artwork work.
Using Copics, it is possible to achieve nearly uniform and streak-free color applications. Optionally, there are the pens with a comprehensive and highlighter similar and with a fine brush-like tip to buy. Of the various brands, there are approximately pens in almost 150 different colors and designs. So your imagination will not be limited in any way.
What are the differences between the Copic markers?
|Copic markers||a classic – it is available with a broad and thin tip, angular shape, 214 colors, refillable, different accessories||is similar to the Maloptik a little known Edding, with it can be both coarse and fine paint.|
|Copic Sketch||a marker in brush shape with a broad and thin tip, oval shape, available in a total of 144 colors, different accessories.||Using this Copic, strikingly soft brushstrokes can be created. For this reason, he is also more popular with one or the other cartoonist than the standard Copic markers.|
|Copic Ciao||A reasonably priced entry-level Copic has a round brush shape and is available in a total of 144 different colors.||A marker in brush shape with a broad and thin tip, oval shape, available in a total of 144 colors, different accessories.|
|Copic Wide||It has a full top and is available in a total of 35 colors. An advantage: it is refillable.||This pen is perfect for coloring large areas.|
|Copic Various Ink||There are also refill bottles for this pen. Matching the system, there are refill bottles and empty markers with which you can create your mixed colors.||The bottles are refillable at least six times.|
Which Copic is the best?
It’s best to try them out and decide for yourself which pen suits you best. Many drafters prefer a marker because they can create quite fine and exact lines with them. Others favor the sketch because you can paint very soft transitions and contours with this pen. And still, others like to draw with a Ciao because this pen is quite inexpensive.
Which colors do I need exactly?
What colors you need to paint is always heavily dependent on what exactly you want to represent. In principle, your choice of color depends on your taste. Specifically, the different nuances of each hue are highly dependent on personal taste, while one draftsman may find a darker red tone more beautiful, while others may see a lighter shade more pleasing.
Fortunately, a lot of paper is always left out in most stores for drawing supplies, so you can calmly search for your very own favorite color.
If you are one of the persons who can only order their markers online, it is advisable to get a catalog from a dealer. In these are usually the different color codes so that you decide at least based on the color tables, which colors you want to work later. From time to time, though, the tables are not 100 percent authentic and when you paint, you’ll end up with little “surprises.” However, this does not have to be the rule. In such a case, it makes sense to mix your colors.
One possibility would be, for example, in such a case, the color palette of Transotype the company Neopiko view.
However, do not spend too much effort on your first steps with the Copic markers. First, a set with a total of 12 markers should be entirely sufficient. This includes a basic palette of colors like yellow, red, green, etc. and black. If you are a bit more experienced with the handling of the pens, it certainly makes sense to increase your color assortment a bit. However, in most cases, this happens from artwork to artwork by itself.
If you want to draw portraits primarily, then it is recommended, as it is quite difficult for most artists to draw skin color to have always a “Milky While (E 51)” or a “Skin White (E 00)” in its range. Alternatively, a “Barely Beige (E 11)” or the darker “Brick Beige (E 31)” is perfect for skin color.
What exactly is a (colorless) blender? And how do I use this?
This is simply a colorless pen, which serves to lighten other colors and create the desired color gradients. However, the myths and legends line up for its perfect application.
If you paint with the pencil over your color you want to lighten, you dilute the color accordingly and it becomes brighter. However, the ghosts are still arguing about whether working with a colorless blender enhances a work or rather opposes the desired effect. Many drafters feel that lightening only with the Colorless Blender rather than graffiti. You recommend the following method:
1. Hold the two full ends of your a) Colorless-Blender and b) the one of your Copic-Marker next to each other and paint with the paint a few times over the Blenderspitze until it is thick with paint moistened.
2. You can continue painting with the color absorbed by the blender. So you get a whitening effect without your color smeared. Besides, you avoid using this method with ripped edges.
Unfortunately, the disadvantage of this method is that it takes a little practice before you can make a successful career.
Another method is that you, with the help of your Blenders the painting ground thick and then apply very fast your actual color. This method is also comparable to the wet in wet technique from the watercolor painting. Whether you consider a blender to be necessary remains ultimately up to your decision. Many drafters manage very well without him.
How do I replenish my Copic Marker when they are empty?
Since there are different pens, unfortunately, there are also different refill variants. Here are some to be introduced:
Marker, Sketch: Here you pull carefully with a pair of tweezers spread the tip of her shaft and carefully refill the color.
Various Ink: With this pen, you first remove the cap and lead it to the shaft and begin to fill about 3-5 ml in the Copic into it carefully. Besides, this pen has a small gauge that shows you when the pen is full again.
Comprehensive: This pen has a distinctive notch to help you refill the color into the Copic. This will save you from having to remove the full tip from the shaft, increasing the life of your advice. Besides, the pen can be refilled more evenly.
How often you can refill your marker varies greatly and is primarily dependent on the size of the tank. The frequency varies between 6-8 times.
Do I draw my outlines with a normal Copic Marker?
Since many drafters also work with Outlines when painting with Copic markers, individual Copic Multi lines have been developed. These are special Copic Marker with a total of 6 different weights, which are available with two brush sticks.
The advantage of these pens is that they do not bleed even if they are painted over several times and do not smudge at all.
So if you want to design your artworks with the help of Outlines, then it is advisable to add Copic-Multiliner in the line thicknesses of 0.05 mm and 0.1 mm. You can just as well as the standard Copic markers in the shades Sepia and black, received at virtually every sign supply store. Sepia is especially suitable if your outlines are later to be kept very inconspicuous.
Another way of designing your outlines is to use a pen with ink or ink pen Radiograph. In this case, you should allow the ink to dry thoroughly before you continue to paint. Otherwise, it will smudge.
The disadvantage of this method, however, is that ink, on the one hand, is deep black and on the other side, the thin spring scratched now and then beautiful crack in the paper. Do you want your Outlines to remove it later, this is not so easy due to the cracks. Therefore, you should always pay attention, if you prefer the inking process, that you use an S-spring while drawing.
Radiographs are best suited for the inking process. With them, you can draw very fine. However, the pins are also expensive.
What prices do I have to expect for Copic markers?
Of course, the prices vary according to the quality of the different Copic markers. Almost all are available in various sign and art supply stores. You can buy your Copics individually or in a set. You are just faced with the problem of the agony of choosing between one of the corresponding online shops. Enclosed a small price list so that you can estimate the resulting cost factor a little better.
|model||Price/pen in Dollar||comment|
|Copic Marker Copic Sketch||about 3,50 – 6, – Dollars per pen||Some dealers also offer appropriate volume discounts.|
|Copic Ciao||about 2,50 – 4, – Dollars per pen||–|
|Copic Wide||about 5.50 – 8, – Dollars per pen||–|
|Various Ink||about 6, – – 9, – Dollars||–|
|Copic Multiliner:||Line widths (0.05 to 1.0 mm): between 2.30 to 3, – Dollars per pen, Brush widths (Brush M and S): approx. 2.80 – 3.50 Dollars||–|
|Copic paper||DIN A4 block about 5, – Dollars, Din A3 block about 10, –||–|
What is the history of Copic markers?
Copic markers were initially designed as a drawing instrument focused on artists and graphic designers. Later its use began to spread among comic artists, more specifically manga and anime illustrators.
Due to their qualities, Copic markers are ideal for drawing sketches, illustrations, drawings, portraits and any other type of graphic work.
How to reload Copic markers?
The Copic Special System allows you to fill the Copic Sketch, Ciao, Classic and Wide markers with Copic Various Ink.
The ink needed to refill the pen depends on the model. Except for Copic Ciao, all of them can be purchased without ink, very useful if we want to use a custom mix. When recharging for the first time, some more ink is spent.
|Bookmark model||Ink refill||Initial load (empty marker pen)||Bottle duration|
|Copic Sketch||1.8 ml||3 ml||13 refills approx.|
|Copic Ciao||1.8 ml||not available||17 refills approx.|
|Copic Classic||2.5 ml||4 ml||10 refills approx.|
|Copic Wide||3.5 ml||6 ml||10 refills approx.|
To reload the Copic Sketch, Classic or Ciao markers, you have to uncover both ends. Hold the pen slightly inclined and drop the ink dropwise on its beveled tip.
After adding a few drops, we will check if it is already full. With a paper towel or a cotton cloth moistened with alcohol, we will clean any splashes.
When filling, certain precautions must be taken. This type of ink is combustible and should be kept away from high temperatures, heat sources and direct solar radiation. Besides, contact with eyes, mucous membranes and clothing should be avoided.