Typically, the Copic markers are known better than most other markers as they have a brush nib. Due to this, it can create a feathering effect that other markers can’t do. Not to mention, they’re highly portable. Hence, illustrators, designers, artists, and colorists prefer Copic marker for their eye-catching effect. So, the Copic marker set the standard for excellence. More to the point, picking up the best Copic markers is hard but could be a laborious task.
Thus, I thought, why bother you? Let me do this for you. To help your journey, I picked up 10 Best Copic Marker for your convenience. I researched the market very carefully as we understand how delightfully quirky you can be about your artwork. We also clearly added which Copic marker is best in which category. So, enjoy your ride with us and pick up the suitable one.
Let’s dig a little deeper, then.
What Are the Different Kinds of Copic Markers?
There are different types of Copic markers. To understand the difference, you have to be well-acquainted with them.
Copic Ciao Markers
- The Ciao markers are entry-level markers. They are for beginners and first-timers. They are ideal for teens and kids. The price is also very reasonable than other kinds of markers.
- The quality of the Copic ciao marker is excellent. It comes in fewer colors. However, usually, the brand provides 180 shades, which I believe is enough for beginners.
- Furthermore, you can blend, re-work to finish your drawing and illustrations. The ciao Copic marker features double ends. However, you can’t fit any extra nib to the marker.
- The super brush nib is pointed, plus it can bend to mix shades. The medium broad nib possesses a chisel-like tip that can fill big areas quickly. More importantly, you can use it for highlighting.
- The Ciao marker is small. So, it’s easy to maneuver for beginners. It also fits into the smallest hands easily. One ink jar refills your marker up to 15 times.
- The cap has small holes for air. However, rarely, these markers are compatible with Copic’s AirBrush system. The Ciao Copic markers are circular. So, they may roll off a table or a desk easily.
Copic Sketch markers
- Copic Sketch markers are the top-notch product provided for artists, illustrators, cartoonists, and designers. They are exclusively designed for perfect blending and coloring.
- Traditionally, they come in 358 colors so that the artists get plenty of options. This kind of marker is not suitable for amateurs.
- Furthermore, the markers include a super brush plus a medium board nib. You can use a super brush as a paintbrush and the medium board nib for coloring.
- Illustrators adore these markers as they can be applied for big coloring areas plus thorough work. They offer the best quality, shading, blending, and coloring. Most importantly, the Copic Sketch marker is compatible with Copic’s AirBrush system.
- Copic Sketch markers are bigger than the Ciao marker. But it works just fine in small and large hands. The shape of the Copic sketch markers is oval. They don’t roll around flat surfaces like a table or desk. Furthermore, one ink jar fills the marker up to 12 times.
Copic Classic Marker
- The Copic Classic markers are the genuine Copic markers. They provide the required balance between the sketch and Ciao markers. Copic Classic markers are versatile markers.
- These colors come in 214 colors. So, the artist always finds their desired shade. The Copic Classic marker has some unique shades which are not available in sketch markers or ciao markers. However, you can blend shades in the sketch markers to find the desired shade. But you can’t do that with Ciao markers.
- The Copic classic markers provide nine different nib options. They include standard fine tip plus standard broad chisel tip. The standard broad chisel tip is broader and bigger. On the other hand, the standard fine tip is firmer and smaller for detailed work.
- What is more, the Copic classic marker is compatible with Copic’s AirBrush system. Interestingly enough, you may install nibs for calligraphy.
- They’re compatible with Copic’s AirBrush System. These markers are more versatile than any other markers offered by Copic. You can install nibs for calligraphy.
Copic Wide markers
- The Copic wide markers are suitable for the big color area. They are quite different from other models provided by Copic as they are shorter and wider. They possess a sing coloring end plus a large chisel tip.
- They include 36 different shades, which is not a good option for artists. They are not easy to use for kids as they require larger hands to hold.
- a marker of the exclusive sale in Japan. With brush on one end and rounded fiber tip on the other. They can only be obtained by importing them through the Internet.
How Do Copic Markers Work?
Copic marker is a rich-quality alcohol-based marker. You can apply the ink smoothly. Furthermore, it is straightforward to blend with the other inks. You can re-adjust your work or re-wet the ink. The Copic marker is free of any acid. Most of the Copic markers are refillable. So,
“To purchase a Copic marker is actually an investment.”
The nibs of the Copic markers are also replaceable. The Copic markers last for a long time. Some of them will last a lifetime. Copic markers do not ruin the fibers of the paper. However, it’s more compatible with the special Copic paper discussed in our previous article. I recommend you to use that.
Mixing Copic colors
An artist needs a range of colors to execute his or her work. But we all know that the Copic marker is a bit expensive. So, it’s not always possible to buy different Copic colors. However, the most striking fact about Copic color is you can blend colors to create a new shade. Most markers have a code.
How To pick up the Best Copic Markers to Start With?
Well, there are a few factors which you can keep in your mind to buy a Copic Marker.
- Comfort: You need to be comfortable to hold your Copic marker. The Copic ciao marker possesses a round barrel, which makes it easy to carry. The wide marker maintains a flattened oval shape. The classic has a square shape. The sketch has an oval barrel shape. Each shape has its benefits and problem. However, the consumer may require a bit of practice to use the last three shapes.
- Color Range: The Copic wide markers come in 36 colors. The sketch Copic marker comes in 358 colors. The Ciao and Classics markers come in 180 and 214 colors, respectively. Even though the sketch Copic marker seems an excellent choice, keep in mind that you may not need so many Copic Markers if you are not a prolific artist. Also, you can create new colors by blending.
- Available nibs: Usually, Copic Marker two different nibs. They can have a huge influence on your venture. For example, a wide nib is excellent to fill in big areas. But it doesn’t do an excellent job in detailed work. Luckily enough, most of the Copic markers provide the opportunity of changing the nibs. This allows you to apply the same marker for an array of different ventures. The Copic Classic marker can work with 9 different types of ink. The sketch Copic marker can function with 3 different dibs. What is more, the wide and Ciao Copic marker provides you the option between 2 different nibs.
Top 10 best Copic Markers
Copic makes one of the top-notch quality alcohol markers in the world. The Japanese manga industry develops it. Copic markers are suitable for all styles of design, illustration, crafts, and art.
- This ciao set is packaged in a clear plastic case.
- It’s compatible with the airbrush system.
- They are well saturated.
- They blend enchantingly.
- The colors are vivid and vibrant.
- A few consumers complain about color variation. They think that the color selection should be more varied. However, most of the consumers seem more than pleased about the collection.
- Vibrant, smooth color: You can use Copic ink smoothly. It is easy to blend. What is more, alcohol-based ink dries acid-free. The alcohol-based ink does not ruin paper fibers the way water-based ink does. Furthermore, the open time on uncoated paper is unlimited. As a result, you can re-wet the ink later, even after years.
- Permanent & non-toxic: This Copic marker set is free of harmful chemicals. It does not have any overwhelming odors. So, you can enjoy them without any hassle.
- Refillable: This set is refillable. It will last a lifetime. You have to refill the marker plus replace the damaged nibs; that’ all you have to do. So, it’s an investment, not just a purchase.
- Super brush-nib: The durable brush supports smooth blend plus paint like applications. It has the best quality and feel of the super brush nib.
- Product dimension: the dimension of the product is 5 x 2.5 x 6.1 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The shipping weight of the product is 45 pounds
This is the perfect set to start your work. They can be used for all sorts of art purposes. More importantly, this set will be a lovely addition to your collection. It will serve you your lifetime.
This Copic marker classic set is exclusively designed for product rendering, architectural, and other industrial design firms. They are also perfect for use with ceramics, models, and similar ventures.
- It is packaged in a clear plastic bag.
- Markers have an array of nib options.
- Color selection is expandable.
- The set consists of 72 colors.
- It’s a bit pricey.
- Ideal for: this Copic marker is suitable for airbrushing, calligraphy, and graphic art needs.
- Nib: The broad nib provides compatible, smooth coverage for larger areas. On the other hand, the fine nib agrees to easy detail work.
- Compatible with: They are entirely compatible with the Copic airbrush system.
- Refillable: The markers are refillable.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 8 x 3 x 5.9 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The shipping weight is 4.08lb.
This is an excellent product for professional people. But it’s a bit expensive. So, if you have a reasonable budget, you can try this one.
This rainbow kit is a handy product. It features a handful of things you need. It contains seven markers – 5 colorful ciao markers plus two multiline pens.
- They are Ethanol-based ink.
- They are archival and photocopy safe.
- They dry fast.
- The colors are lighter.
- This set is kid-friendly.
- The colors have an odor.
- Compatible with: 5 pieces are compatible with the Copic airbrush system.
- Refillable: The markers are double-ended refillable markers.
- Non-toxic: It contains non-toxic ink.
- Waterproof: The multi liners are waterproof, permanent pigment pens that will not bleed into Copic markers.
- Product dimension: the dimension of the product is 6 x 3.8 x 0.6 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The weight of the product is 3.2 ounces.
This set has a reasonable price, and the colors are also vibrant. The caliber of this product is quite rich.
This 12-piece neutral gray set is ideal for artists, fashion designers, comic artists, etc.
- Alcohol-based ink is permanent.
- Low odor.
- The markers never bleed.
- Easy to use.
- Refillable as well as replaceable.
- Not yet found.
- Packaged: It is packaged in a clear plastic case for storage.
- Compatible with: This set is compatible with the Copic airbrush system.
- Markers and nibs: It has refillable markers plus replaceable nibs.
- Safety: This alcohol-based ink is non-toxic and acid-free. So, it’s very safe to use.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 3 x 1.6 x 5.8 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The weight of the product is 12.8 ounces.
This is a perfect budget-priced Copic marker for everyone. You will be delightfully happy with this set.
This 12-piece Copic marker glitter set could be a perfect way to start or add to a marker collection. It features a no-clog tip.
- The ink is archival.
- It comes in a clear plastic case for portability.
- The glitter is sparkly. They twinkle like stars.
- The markers lay down a semi-opaque color.
- The colors are vibrant.
- They (the pens) enhanced your coloring or crafting venture.
- Sometimes they can bleed.
- Safety: The ink is non-toxic plus acid-free.
- Writes for: It writes for over 360-yards-twice the measurement of other glitter pens.
- Glitter: The glitter is made of micro-glass flakes that are more reflective than glass beads applied or used by other brands.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 6 x 5 x 0.6 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The product weight is around 2 ounces.
If you love a gorgeous glitter accent, these are a suitable pen for you.
This is the perfect set for beginners, affordable, and provides 12 colors, which lets you create your coloring collection. You can use these vibrant and smooth colors in different designs, illustrations, crafts, and art.
- The colors dry fast.
- It comes in a plastic cover.
- Comfortable to hold.
- Easy to maneuver.
- Two nib options are available.
- Permanent: The colors are permanent. The markers don’t ruin paper fibers as they are alcohol-based markers.
- Lasting: You can use these markers for a long time.
- Dual end: You can use the dual ends to paint, color, and highlight.
- Refillable and replaceable: The markers are refillable. They also have replaceable nibs. What is more, it’s compatible with the Copic airbrush system.
- Suitable for: The colors are non-toxic. So, they are an excellent pick-up for kids and teens.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 6 x 1.4 x 6 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The weight of the product is 7 ounces.
This is the best Copic marker for beginners as the price is very much affordable, plus the quality of the product is top-notch.
Copic multi-liner inking pen is a must-have item for artists, designers, and illustrators as they have consistent line flow plus precision.
- The colors are archival.
- These pigment-based inks are fade resistant.
- They are long-lasting.
- They dry fast.
- They don’t bleed.
- You can write a journal with these pens.
- It comes with two brush tip markers.
- They are not refillable.
- Waterproof: The multi liners are waterproof on papers. Frequently, they are used with watercolors as they don’t bleed.
- Copic-proof: Once the multi liners’ ink dry, they will not bleed when colored over with Copic markers.
- Available in: this set is available in 8 colors. The colors are olive, warm gray, brown, sepia, wine, pink, cobalt, and gray.
- Sizes: Wine, olive, and cobalt available in 4 nib sizes; 0.3mm, 0.5mm, and 0.5 mm.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 5 x 0.5 x 6 inches.
- Item Weight: The weight of the product is around 0.8 ounces.
It’s a pretty great product, and customers adore that.
This Copic marker 12 pieces sketch basic set packaged in a clear plastic case.
- They have refillable markers plus replaceable nibs.
- They are compatible with the c airbrush system.
- They are acid-free and dries fast.
- The colors are smooth and vibrant.
- Not yet Found.
- Nibs: The sketch marker comes with two nibs. It also comes with a super brush. These two selections let you metamorphose between covering larger areas and precision coloring successfully.
- Permanent: The colors are permanent. They will not fade with time. It will not affect the paper also as it’s alcohol-based ink.
- Decoration: you can add more color, re-wet the ink, or adjust your writing.
- Shape: They don’t roll over the desk or table as they are oval.
- Blending: The markers assist you to blend amazing colors.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 4 x 1.3 x 6 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The weight of the product is 10.1 ounces.
Thee markers are the topmost choice for a Japanese manga artist. They will last for a long time.
Copic marker is suitable for all kinds of styles of crafts, illustration, design, and art. This skin tone set is very great to create varied tones in your pictures, which makes the images enchanting.
- It’s packaged in a clear plastic case.
- They have an oval shape.
- They dry fast.
- The set is compatible with the Copic airbrush system.
- They have better tips.
- Not yet found. A few consumers complained about the price. However, the price decreases a bit. So, that’s not a problem now.
- Refillable: You can refill the marker again and again. However, you can also replace the damaged nibs.
- Super brush nib: It comes with a flexible brush nib for paint-like applications.
- Permanent: The colors are permanent.
- Safety: The Copic ink is acid-free.
- Vibrant, smooth color: You can use Copic ink smoothly. It is easy to blend. What is more, the alcohol-based ink dries acid-free. The alcohol-based ink does not ruin paper fibers the way water-based ink does. Furthermore, the open time on uncoated paper is unlimited. As a result, you can re-wet the ink later, even after years.
- Product dimension: the dimension of the product is 8 x 0.5 x 3.9 inches.
- Shipping weight: The weight of the product is around 3.52 ounces.
This skin tone set consists of E00 Cotton Pearl, E11 Barley Beige, E13 Light Suntan, E15 Dark Suntan, E18 Copper, and R20 Blush. It will enhance your painting on a different level.
This Copic marker is suitable for fine art design, crafting paper, and more. It has three markers in different shades.
- It’s quite safe for people.
- Best quality.
- Great for design, paper crafting, and more.
- Not yet found.
- Available in: It is available in a range of different color options.
- Safety: it’s nontoxic. It conforms to ASTM D 4236. So, it’s quite safe for people.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 9 x 0.5 x 2 inches.
- Shipping Weight: the weight of the product is 0.32 ounces.
It’s a must-try product for artists.
These are our top 10 best Copic markers. So, understand your requirements and choose wisely. However, if I need to recommend any paper, I will select Copic Premium Artist Markers – 72 colors. The reason for picking up is this the quality and the price. Copic Marker C72A Classic 72 Color Marker Sketch Set is more resourceful than the previous one. But it’s a bit pricey.
The final call is yours. So, whatever decision you make, best luck with that. I hope your adventure will allow us to enjoy some best artworks; if you would like to share anything, comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions About Copic Marker
What are Copic Markers exactly?
Copics are professional designer felt-tip pens. These are based on alcohol. Like all alcohol-based sticks, they have the property of drying quite quickly. This may not always be an advantage, but the fast drying causes them to blur less often than other pens. Designers, architects, and comic artists use the Copic Markers to create their sketches and storyboards and make them more lively. Gradually, however, the Copic markers also prevailed in the manga and anime area, as they are ideal for full-fledged artwork work. Using Copics, it is possible to achieve nearly uniform and streak-free color applications. Optionally, there are the pens with a comprehensive and highlighter similar and with a fine brush-like tip to buy. Of the various brands, there are approximately pens in almost 150 different colors and designs. So your imagination will not be limited in any way.
Which Copic is the best?
It’s best to try them out and decide for yourself which pen suits you best. Many drafters prefer a marker because they can create quite fine and exact lines with them. Others favor the sketch because you can paint very soft transitions and contours with this pen. And still, others like to draw with a Ciao because this pen is quite inexpensive.
Which colors do I need exactly?
What colors you need to paint is always heavily dependent on what exactly you want to represent. In principle, your choice of color depends on your taste. Specifically, the different nuances of each hue are highly dependent on personal taste. Simultaneously, drafting technicians may find a darker red tone more beautiful, while others may see a lighter shade more pleasing. Fortunately, a lot of paper is always left out in most stores for drawing supplies, so you can calmly search for your very own favorite color. If you are one of the persons who can only order their markers online, it is advisable to get a dealer’s catalog. These are usually the different color codes to decide based on the color tables, which colors you want to work on later. From time to time, though, the tables are not 100 percent authentic, and when you paint, you’ll end up with little “surprises.” However, this does not have to be the rule. In such a case, it makes sense to mix your colors. One possibility would be, for example, in such a case, the color palette of Transotype the company Neopiko view. However, do not spend too much effort on your first steps with the Copic markers. First, a set with a total of 12 markers should be entirely sufficient. This includes a basic palette of colors like yellow, red, green, etc., and black. If you are a bit more experienced with the pens’ handling, it certainly makes sense to increase your color assortment a bit. However, in most cases, this happens from artwork to artwork by itself. If you want to draw portraits primarily, then it is recommended, as it is quite difficult for most artists to draw skin color to have always a “Milky While (E 51)” or a “Skin White (E 00)” in its range. Alternatively, a “Barely Beige (E 11)” or the darker “Brick Beige (E 31)” is perfect for skin color.
|Bookmark model||Ink refill||Initial load (empty marker pen)||Bottle duration|
|Copic Sketch||1.8 ml||3 ml||13 refills approx.|
|Copic Ciao||1.8 ml||not available||17 refills approx.|
|Copic Classic||2.5 ml||4 ml||10 refills approx.|
|Copic Wide||3.5 ml||6 ml||10 refills approx.|
What are the differences between the Copic markers?
|Copic markers||a classic – it is available with a broad and thin tip, angular shape, 214 colors, refillable, different accessories||is similar to the Maloptik, a little known Edding, with it can be both coarse and fine paint.|
|Copic Sketch||a marker in brush shape with a broad and thin tip, oval shape, available in a total of 144 colors, different accessories.||Using this Copic, strikingly soft brushstrokes can be created. For this reason, he is also more popular with one or the other cartoonist than the standard Copic markers.|
|Copic Ciao||A reasonably priced entry-level Copic has a round brush shape and is available in a total of 144 different colors.||A marker in brush shape with a broad and thin tip, oval shape, available in a total of 144 colors, different accessories.|
|Copic Wide||It has a full top and is available in a total of 35 colors. An advantage: it is refillable.||This pen is perfect for coloring large areas.|
|Copic Various Ink||There are also refill bottles for this pen. Matching the system, there are refill bottles and empty markers to create your mixed colors.||The bottles are refillable at least six times.|
What prices do I have to expect for Copic markers?
Of course, the prices vary according to the quality of the different Copic markers. Almost all are available in various sign and art supply stores. You can buy your Copics individually or in a set. You are just faced with the agony of choosing between one of the corresponding online shops. Enclosed a small price list so that you can estimate the resulting cost factor a little better.
|model||Price/pen in Dollar||comment|
|Copic Marker Copic Sketch||about 3,50 – 6, – Dollars per pen||Some dealers also offer appropriate volume discounts.|
|Copic Ciao||about 2,50 – 4, – Dollars per pen||–|
|Copic Wide||about 5.50 – 8 – Dollars per pen||–|
|Various Ink||about 6, – – 9, – Dollars||–|
|Copic Multiliner:||Line widths (0.05 to 1.0 mm): between 2.30 to 3, – Dollars per pen, Brush widths (Brush M and S): approx. 2.80 – 3.50 Dollars||–|
|Copic paper||DIN A4 block about 5, – Dollars, Din A3 block about 10, –||–|