Yes, vinegar can remove urine odor. Cat urine emits a particularly strong and persistent odor. Once your cat has had his needs in your home, it is difficult to get rid of it. Unfortunately, while some soiled surfaces can be machine washed easily, this is not the case for all fabrics, carpets, sofas or absorbent surfaces. Here are some tips to help you eliminate the smell of cat urine in your home. You can have a look at our best carpet cleaner for old pet urine guide to choose the perfect cleaner for your home.
Seek to understand the origin of the problem
A cat that pee outside its litter usually has a “good” reason to do so. If you want to prevent accidents from happening again, it is advisable to understand their origin. Your pet may want to tell you that his bedding is not clean or that it does not suit him. Its location may not satisfy it, or the litter beans will annoy it if you have recently changed it.
Sometimes your cat can urinate outside his litter because he is sick. This may include a urinary tract infection or kidney stones. In this case, act immediately, because this type of pathology must be treated urgently.
Finally, be aware that a non-sterilized cat will tend to urinate frequently in the house to mark its territory and attract females in heat. Castration is the best solution.
How to remove urine odors?
What can we use?
Removing a smell of urine is not difficult; just act quickly after the accident and use the right products. We advise you to avoid chemicals, a source of toxicity for you and your pet. If he urinates at a certain place, it is because he can appreciate it and feel in it; he will, therefore, tend to return to it naturally; it is, therefore, desirable to avoid placing it in contact with toxic agents.
Do not use bleach as this product tends to make cats indulge. Thus, if you seek to disinfect the soiled area, it will instead tend to return pee.
Finally, do not clean the pee of your cat in front of him, because he can make a game and decide to start again without realizing that he should instead not do it.
How to proceed?
With paper towels, clean the urine that could not be impregnated. If your cat has urinated on a washable fabric such as a pillow, linen, quilt or cover, wipe the fabric and wash it at a minimum of 40 ° C, 60 ° C if the fabric can withstand it. For a more fragile fabric, we recommend soda crystals.
On the other hand, if your pet has urinated on a mattress, a sofa or a non-machine washable carpet, you will have to act very quickly to avoid allowing time for the smell to diffuse and bacteria in the urine of developing. Discover the most effective products to achieve this.
Instructions to remove odor using White vinegar
- White vinegar is a natural disinfectant that can be used for the household of your entire house.
- Dilute two tablespoons white vinegar in 5 teaspoons of sparkling water and pour this mixture over the urine stain.
- Let the product imbibe and the odor will be eliminated immediately.
- White vinegar can be used alone, but diluting it will reduce the odor – without reducing its effectiveness!
- You can also pour two tablespoons of baking soda in a glass of white vinegar.
- By mixing these two ecological products in a vaporizer, you can spread the mixture in the soiled area and around to get rid of impregnated odors.
- You can sprinkle the mixture (placed on the carpet), with baking soda and let act about 15 minutes.
- Once the past few minutes, you must suck the bicarbonate.
- White vinegar neutralizes and removes the smell of cat urine and disinfects while the bicarbonate comes clean the task in question.
What are the other solutions against cat urine?
You know it as much as all of us, the smell of urine is unpleasant to smell. Better not to get used to it, your guests will notice it right away.
If your cat regularly pees in the house or apartment and not in his litter, it must quickly act and understand what is wrong.
Understand why her cat pee everywhere
The first way to get rid of cat pee everywhere is to understand what’s wrong, and why he pees outside his litter? This behavior is due to a health problem or is it something else?
Operate the cat
Another solution, much heavier, castration. The castration of a cat, male or female, is as effective in soothing the cravings of the cat as the smell of the urine itself. However, sterilization is not valid on all cats, especially if your cat has behavior problems.