To clean your home carpet, you must need the best carpet cleaner for old pet urine stains. It is a routine pet lovers’ routine to clean their carpets, exceptionally clean the pet’s urine. However, the urine, which is getting old, is tough to remove permanently. Nowadays, the most efficient way of cleaning carpets is to use carpet cleaners. There are so many cleaners, and it is hard to find the best one among them. This article is an effort to give a clear concept of the carpet cleaner solution for pet urine.
We did thorough research to pick the best ones for you. We kept in mind – cost, odor, safety, versatility, or effectiveness of the product. I know some of you don’t feel safe using cleaners if, anyway, they affect the physical and mental health of your pet.
As a fellow cat lover, I understand how delightfully possessive you can be about the pet. Thus, one thing I want you to like to know that every product is safe for pets. Hence, you can use these cleaners without a second thought.
Let’s get started.
Best Carpet Cleaner for Old Pet Urine Stains
1. Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator – Users first choice
Here’s the thing –
It’s unforgiving to make a carpet cleaner list for old pet urine without Rocco & Roxie stain &odor eliminator.
It’s known as one of the best-selling products for pets as an odor and stain destroyer. The product is also certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI). Sounds good, right?
If users are not 100% satisfied with the product, the company will refund the total cost. Good for you.
Still not convinced.
Their specialized strength formula eliminates pet urine, vomit, organic spill, in fact, literally anything.
To make things better, it’s an enzyme activated. Hence, it’s automatically activated whenever it comes to contact with stains and odors, feeding on organic matter and ammonia crystals until these things are entirely gone.
Further, it can be used in varied places such as kennels, little boxes, clothing, furniture, floor, and carpets.
Wait, there’s more.
Safety is the hallmark of this product. It’s propellant, chlorine plus residue-free. Thus, it’s quite safe to use for everyone.
Here’s the kicker.
- Removes stains and odors from hardwood floors and works properly on the leather sofa as well as rugs.
- Functions on mattresses delightfully.
- Surprisingly though, It can remove old pet urine from concrete.
- It also works on ceramic tile, grout, and drywall, as well.
- Excellent product for pet stains- especially for cat urine.
- The product is not harmful to pets, so this can use the pet’s sleeping area.
- The Stain & Odor Eliminator is entirely biodegradable.
- It will work outside on zero scape and Fake grass.
- If you don’t follow the instructions, it will not work correctly. Through, it’s not a con; I just want to have your attention. Please, follow the instructions.
- Use in a well-vandalized area or try a mask before applying it. The smell can put you out
2. TriNova Natural Pet Stain and Odor Remover Eliminator – the best solution for pet urine
If Rocco & Roxie Stain & Odor Eliminator is a bit pricey for you, then you should try TriNova Natural Pet Stain and Odor Remover Eliminator. In terms of price, it’s cheap as hell. But, in terms of features, it could be a show-stealer.
The natural enzymes of this product neutralize the odor and clean the stain correctly. First, it breaks down the stain of your carpet, then dry it out and, finally, disintegrate. After the process, you get your attractive rug again.
Let me take a wild guess. Do you worry if your eliminator is safe for your kid and pet? We all know they can’t be trusted with anything. They can start playing with it and harm themselves.
Well, that’s a real complication. Anyway, with this eliminator, you never have to worry. I|t’s utterly safe for your kids and pets.
For a long time, this one is known as one of the best carpet cleaning solutions for pet urine.
- It can be used on the litter box, hardwood, clothes, laundry, kennel, cage, mattress, and bedding.
- It has a mild herbal fragrance that gets rids of your carpet’s urine smell suitably.
- The smell is tolerable as it doesn’t have any chemical fragrance.
- Straightforward to use. Just do as they instructed.
- It offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- You might surprisingly find out that it doesn’t eliminate everything 100%. It’s a kind of 95% deal.
- It doesn’t work great on dried stains.
- The deal doesn’t include a spray nozzle. Also, they could do a better job with straw.
3. Pet Stain & Odor Remover, Enzyme Cleaner – best for dog pee
This one is invented with a potent natural enzyme and multi-surface formula. Hence, it’s quite great to use as you can use it on urine, drool, feces, and vomit.
But you know what makes this product so unique.
It’s their responsibility towards the society that aims to make the world better. They donate 10% of their profits to animal rescues and animal shelters. Sound great, right? Kudos to them.
Speaking of guarantee, you can return it; you are not 100% satisfied with their product. So, you can purchase it and see if it works for you. If not, just return it. No financial loss, right?
On top of everything else, the fresh minty scent of this product is just amazing. Also, you do not find any sticky residue.
Of course, there is no doubt that fact; it’s the best animal carpet cleaner for animal urine.
- You can use it on crates, pet beds, leather, furniture, hardwood, and carpet.
- It can eliminate the odor and stain of anything from your car, anything such as spilled milk.
- You will get 1 gallon of this product at such a reasonable price. Hence, you don’t need to buy another one soon.
- It has a flowery, strong odor. Also, it’s non-allergic.
- No rubbing and scrubbing are needed.
- It doesn’t work great on hard floors.
4. Emmy’s Best Powerful Pet Odor Remover – best Rug cleaner solution
Sometimes you need a deodorizer that’s not only functional but also professional. Well, by professional, I meant something that not only removes the smell but also eliminates it.
It’s designed with triple action formula which neutralizes odor, eliminates repeat soiling, and erases stain. The enzymes eat away the smell immediately. And here comes your carpet cleaner.
Speaking of scent, it has a pleasant Lavender scent, which is acknowledged to lessen dogs and cats’ anxiety levels. So, the smell could play an essential role in the environment of your house.
Besides, it’s delightfully lovely to use. First, do the water and spray things. Then use a towel over the stain. It will take, at most, 10 minutes. Anyway, let the deodorizer dry for 24 hours.
- It’s entirely safe for use on laminated floors.
- Dissolves the mess entirely.
- The fresh lavender scent makes a lovely environment though it just lasts for a couple of hours.
- It doesn’t leave any stain on your carpet.
- If you have asthma, the smell could be challenging for you. Use a mask; it will go away in a couple of hours.
5. ANGRY ORANGE Ready-to-Use Citrus Pet Odor Eliminator Pet Spray -– best cleaner for animal urine
If you are looking for a safe and strong cleaner for old pet urine, ANGRY ORANGE offers you the same. It’s a safe and natural dog and cat stain deodorizer.
And the best part?
I hardly found anyone who doesn’t love the smell of orange. Yes, it has this beautiful orange smell that gives you a fresh feeling, needless to say, also a carpet.
Versatility is another distinctive feature of this deodorizer. You can use it in many places, such as pens, grass, little boxers, driveways, wood floors, tiles, and carpet.
It’s one of the best animal carpet cleaners spray for pet urine if I dare to say.
- 3-4 spray is just enough to knock out the odor.
- As it’s mainly for pets, it doesn’t need much scrubbing.
- It removes stains effortlessly.
- The smell is strong, pleasant, yet off-putting.
- The container is extensive, hence lasts for a considerable amount of time.
- The smell goes away in 2-3 days.
- It has a strong smell though it’s pleasant. But be careful if you are sensitive to smell.
6. Bubbas Super Strength Concentrate Pet Odor Eliminator Carpet Shampoo Solution – best for dog urine
If you are on a tight budget and need a cleaner for carpet that works impressively, also last for a long time, here is your savior.
Bubbas Super odor and stain remover revitalize carpet fibers. It works aptly on carpets, rugs, and upholstery.
The product’s ingredients are – Water, Dipropylene Glycol, SD Ethanol, Nonionic Surfactant, Odor Counteractant, Sodium Xylene Sulfonate. Hence, it works great as a cat or dog stain remover.
The product can be used in any national brand carpet shampooer. It could be Rug doctor, Bissell or Hoover, etc.
- It works appropriately on carpets, rugs, and upholstery.
- The product reduces allergens and bacteria build-up.
- It’s absolutely 100% safe for pets.
- This product is non-foaming.
- You can use it on couches.
- The smell is minty and fresh.
- One application is not enough to dissipate the smell. You need multiple applications.
7. Stuart Pet Supply Co. Professional Strength Pet Odor Eliminator – best cleaner solution for cat urine
This one is another budget product for you. It’s scientifically formulated and eliminates the odor effortlessly.
Further, it’s enzyme protected; hence it removes all sorts of pet odors and stains, for instance, drools, vomit, feces, and urine.
No worries, you can use it around your children and pet as they designed it child & pet safe. Also, it’s a natural product.
As if that’s not enough, it promises to give you a refund in case you’re satisfied. Good for you.
Let me say this straight; it’s one of the best carpet solutions for cat urine.
- It makes urine stain invisible.
- It discourages the cats from urinating on the exact place again though it doesn’t apply to every cat.
- It never leaves a sticky residue.
- It can get rid of any marking on the carpet.
- The smell is unbearable.
8. Nature’s Miracle Stain & Odor Remover – best rug cleaner solution
This one is one of the best stain & odor removers on the market. Also, the price is reasonable. It’s lesser than Rocco & Roxie. Though, in terms of service, it can give a tough competition to Rocco & Roxie.
Did your cat ruin your new carpet? No worries, this one will make your carpet look like it never happened. Sounds crazy? Well, let’s dig deeper.
It has been designed with advanced penetrating technology. So, whenever it comes in contact with anything like odor, it just destroys it.
Then also, it makes sure that your carpet doesn’t have any yellow stain or stickiness. So, whatever it is, drool, vomit, feces, urine, it will clean everything.
Anyway, it sometimes needs scrubbing and several applications if you try to remove something rough. But, one thing is for sure, it will go away.
You will get batteries for the power sprayer. It means a power sprayer is also included in the deal. What do you want more?
- You will get a 1.5-gallon stain & odor remover, which will give you a long-time odor & stain free house.
- It works with poop too.
- A power sprayer is totally great.
- The packaging is utterly lovely.
- Sometimes, the cap of the power sprayer falls out.
- It can’t be used on a mattress.
9. Bissell 78H63 Deep Clean Pro 4X Deep Cleaning Concentrated Carpet Shampoo – best for white carpet
Here’s the deal.
Every purchase you make helps to save a homeless pet. They have a foundation called the Bissell Pet Foundation.
Anyway, it shouldn’t be the sole reason to buy this product. This product needs to be functional, equally. Let’s see if it is.
It’s exclusively designed with a deep carpet cleaning formula, which means it has 4x active ingredients than any standard formula.
What’s more, it uses environmentally responsible ingredients: no dye, phosphates, or heavy metals used in this process.
You will find only biodegradable detergent in the formula of this product. Pets and kids will not be harmed by the ingredients even a bit. Sounds assuring, right?
Want to hear the best part?
You will not see, feel, or smell any residue after applying it. Your carpet will look just beautiful as well as well-groomed and smell even finer than your expectations.
- Suitable for upholstery, area rugs, and carpet.
- You can use it on underlying odors, stubborn areas, and heavily soiled areas.
- One bottle is more than enough to clean a sizable area.
- You will get a jar of cleanser with this cleaner, which is small yet lasts a while.
- The smell is minimal, so helpful for people who have odor sensitivity.
- Even though the scent is not overpowering, it can still make you feel uneasy. I get it. But the good news is it dissipates when it dries. Yet, if you feel uncomfortable, you need to wear a mask or use it in a well-vandalized area. In that way, it will be minimal.
10. Hoover PET PLUS Concentrated Formula Odor Remover – best for removing pet odors
Hoover is quite popular among the consumers for its affordable price and quality. It has some of the best features that the market can offer.
Its enzyme is enhanced; thus, it deodorizes and removes pet messes powerfully. You can do car interiors, upholstery, area rugs, or carpets.
It has a scent, which is sort of like cotton breeze or fresh linen. So, here is the thing –
After applying it, you don’t have to run away from your home. It’s completely bearable; in fact, some of you will find it quite pleasant.
To make things better, you should apply it with a Hoover PreTreat Spray. In that way, you can use it as a daily maintenance product. Sounds exciting, right?
But you know what else?
For full-size deep cleaning, you can use it without a second thought. It’s wholly safe for this task. Also, it’s septic safe.
- Due to concentrated ingredients, the cleaning becomes effortless.
- It’s phosphate-free, thus safe for everyone though it needs to be used as instructed.
- You can use it as regular maintenance for most surfaces.
- Safe for leading spot machines.
- Minimizes dirt, which makes breathing easier.
- Removes tricky stains from your carpet.
- A sprayer is not included in the deal.
These are our top 10 carpet cleaners for old pet urine. All of the products that we go through, I just have to say, have a very thoughtful and reasonable piece. I made sure of that. Another thing that is common for every product review is – safety and versatility.
I get it. When we buy a product., we want it to use a wide range of varieties. So, most of these products can be used for cat and dog urine, pens, grass, little boxers, driveways, wood floors.
Anyway, I guess now is a good time to pick our best consumer products. Our consumer shows that Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator earned the most love and trust from the consumers.
However, our expert picked up another one. And it is – ANGRY ORANGE Ready-to-Use Citrus Pet Odor Eliminator Pet Spray. There are a few reasons to pick up this one – it has a lovely orange smell, which most consumers love. It versatile – hence can be used in a wide variety of places. It’s big enough to last for a while.
Anyway, the final call is yours. So, whatever decision you make, best luck with that. I hope your carpet stays as a whistle; if you would like to share anything, comment below.
Whether it is a high-pile carpet, an oriental rug, or a Persian rug, it makes no sense to look at it if it is dirty and marked. In addition to intensive use by cats, dogs, or children, red wine, oil, and ash ensure the total disaster. In this case, you would be most likely to buy a new carpet. Carpet cleaning is usually much more expensive than new equipment. However, before you leave your carpet, you should try out the various cleaners currently on the market, even if there is no guarantee that 100% of the stains can be removed.
Purchase criteria that you must take care of this
When purchasing the best one, you should not be confused by brand names or marketing terms. Therefore, you should pay particular attention to the content and the area of application of the cleaner.
Field of use
Before you reach the carpet cleaner, take a look at your carpet because not every product is automatically suitable for each rug. There are specialized cleaning products for plastic fibers or also for precious earthenware carpets. Especially Persian rugs might be hard for you if you do not rely on gentle cleaners. Whether the filter for your carpets is the right one, you can read on the products’ packaging. The cleaners sometimes have different cleaning purposes. Some products should only be used for medium-sized surfaces. Others only for small spots. Above all, cleaning powders and cleaning shampoos can be used for large areas.
The exposure time
There are also differences in the reaction time of the products. Carpet foams should remain on the fabric for the longest time. Here you often have to bring several hours of patience and keep children and pets away from the living room. For a carpet shampoo, an hour of exposure time is usually sufficient. The cleaning is done most quickly with a concentrate in powder form.
There are significant differences. It is not worth buying a carpet cleaner cheap if it does not fulfill its purpose. The best way to get it is a powder cleaner. Remember, however, that the powders can be very cumbersome to apply, and you rarely catch every corner of your carpet. Even if carpet foam costs a little more money, the cleaning is more natural and can be more targeted. Carpet shampoos possess the highest purchase costs. However, the products can be used for a very long time as they are diluted with water.
Advantages and disadvantages
- The floor carpet becomes significantly brighter.
- Cleaning is cheaper than purchasing a carpet.
- Carpet bristles become softer and gentler.
- Some products smell like lemon or apple.
- No guarantee for 100% stain removal
- Sometimes accessories like Karcher, Vorwerk, Bissell, or Clean Maxx Carpet Cleaner necessary.
- Long drying time.
Types of carpet cleaners
On the market, there are different types of cleaners. These differ not only in their consistency but also in their application. Some agents can be applied immediately to the carpet and only vacuumed; others must first be implemented. Some products require use in a particular carpet cleaner. The following table lists all types of carpet cleaning products with their advantages and disadvantages.
The cleaner foam is efficient in its application. This is already in a spray and is ready for use. Afterward, body strength is required because the foam must be spread with a brush well on the carpet floor and dried for a few hours. After that, the foam can be filtered off with a commercially available vacuum cleaner. The result is quite impressive. For stubborn stains, however, you should pre-treat the carpet.
The distribution of the carpet cleaner powder on the carpet is more time-consuming than the application of foam. Similar to the foam is a further procedure. They allow the dust to act and then suck it off. With a carpet cleaning spray, you are explicitly targeting individual spots. The cleaning is quite reliable, and also red wine spots usually disappear with a good carpet cleaning spray. Very professionally clean your floor with a carpet shampoo. This is applied and added to the carpet cleaning machine. If you only want to clean the carpet at a great distance, you can lend the DIY store equipment and only have to buy the carpet shampoo.
Frequently Asked Questions and answers about Carpet Cleaners
What is a carpet cleaner?
The term carpet cleaner is used for many things. In building cleaning, for example, it is a professional designation. A carpet cleaner should clean carpets. Above all, in the household, the term has many different meanings. It can be a device that cleans the carpet wet. When you clean the carpet, you need a special cleaning shampoo with this unit. Using this chemical cleaning tool, the device can moisten the carpet first through a nozzle and absorb the moisture in a second working step through a second nozzle. This device looks similar to a vacuum cleaner or steam cleaner. There are also the so-called carpet reversers or carpet dachshunds. The carpet reversers are mechanical devices designed to remove dust and dirt. A depth cleaning against stains is usually not provided. The carpet reverse should replace the carpet knocker. The fundamental principle resembles that of a sweeper, as here also rotating brushes in a box with rollers should clean the carpet. Finally, It may be made of chemical cleaning agents for the carpet floor. We have mainly investigated them in our cleaner solution comparison to promise the most significant success against stains and dirt. They are usually purely chemical products, which are supposed to provide not only for the lightening of a carpet but also for removing stains due to surfactants and bleachers (too active oxygen – the main component is hydrogen peroxide). In the next part of this article, we explain the various advantages of each type of product. There are different carpet cleaning powders, carpet cleaning sprays, carpet cleaning foams, or carpet cleaning shampoos. The application is relatively similar for all the goods from the product comparison. Before cleaning the carpet with the chemical substance, remove the carpet from the dirt. You should, therefore, vacuum the carpet once. Then the cleaner must be distributed on the mat. You need a brush or a unique carpet cleaning device (only for carpet cleaning shampoo). Then the carpet has to dry. In the end, you have to vacuum the carpet again with a vacuum cleaner, so that all the stains disappear.
How to use a carpet cleaner?
First, you might like to move the furniture and objects on your floor so that your floor clean evenly. Then, you need to pick up fluff, dust, or loose dirt. After that, you should read the instruction for the product. Every carpet cleaner has added instructions. So, you just have to check it out and apply it step by step. Anyway, I will state a common procedure in case you need it. First, do the water and spray things. Then use a towel over the stain. It will take, at most, 10 minutes. Anyway, let the deodorizer dry for 24 hours. And you are good to go. What to use in a carpet cleaner? As you come to this question, I assume you want to make a cleaner. When I am writing this article, I’m in-home quarantine due to pandemic coronavirus. So, I understand, you need to make, sometimes, these things on your own. Now is this kind of time, case in point. Let’s get to the point – You will need hot water, fabric softener, oxygen bleach, all-purpose cleaner, and combined liquid laundry detergent. If you want to try a non-toxic, refreshing, mild toxic cleaner, you will need salt, water, and white vinegar. For the scent purpose, you might like to use essential oil, for instance, pine, lavender, or lemon.
How much carpet cleaner solution do I need?
Well, it depends on how much proportion of a carpet cleaner you need to clean. It’s better to buy a 1-gallon jar. It will last for a while. Or, if you want to see the quality of a product, just buy a 10 oz bottle. It will not cost much. And if you like it, you can repurchase it. It sounds like a good deal to me.
Can you use carpet cleaners by yourself?
If you have already tried several detergents and you do not know which manufacturers you should change, you can also try various household tips. The following cleaning solutions can be produced quickly and easily. Mixture: 1.25 ml of rinsing agent to 236 ml of water (For cleaning low contamination), 1 part of dry detergent, and ten parts of water (For cleaning medium soiling), Warm water, and window cleaner in equal parts (For easy stain removal). Surely there are other recipes, but the cleaning effect is even lower, so we still recommend the purchase of real carpet cleaner.
How long they take to dry?
This depends on the product, of course. Powder usually takes only half an hour to dry. In the case of foam, you have to wait at least an hour waiting time for vacuuming.
What carpet does cleaner help?
It all depends on what you expect from the carpet cleaner. The carpet is brightened. It will also be clean after the treatment. It is not like “NEW”. The best results are achieved with cleaning foams and cleaning shampoos with cleaning devices.
Where do you get carpet cleaners?
Carpet cleaners are available in any store. However, the price comparison on the Internet may be worthwhile as the products are usually cheaper.