Find the best apple pencil is quite a simple task, but picking the best apple pencil alternative can be a challenging task. Anyway, first, we will talk about apple pencil. You have only two options for apple pencil – Apple pencil (1st generation) and Apple pencil (2nd Generation).
But purchasing a 2nd generation apple pencil can cost you a fortune. That’s why we added Apple Pencil for iPad Pro (2nd Generation) Renewed by Amazon Renewed.
Anyway, whoever is wondering what Amazon’s renewed means the product was bought, then it’s returned, and now it’s put back up for sale. But the functionality and other things have been checked. You will save around $30 if you buy this one.
We will go through 3 apple pencil reviews, and then we will explore the best apple pencil alternative. So, Are you ready for this adventure? Because I am.
So, let’s get down to it.
Best Apple Pencils Review
1.Apple Pencil (1st Generation)
This one is an absolute gem for writing, drawing, or touch control purposes. The Natural fluidity, responsiveness, and precision of this apple are unparalleled.
Speaking of compatibility, it’s an exceptional input device for iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, and iPad. Please, check out the compatibility of the model and Generation before purchasing.
Still not convinced.
Using an apple pencil, you can totally transform the iPad into a canvas, notepad, in fact, wherever your imagination takes you. Sounds good, right?
But you know what else?
It’s surprisingly precise (tip) when you’re using it as touch control. As if that’s not enough, you can use it to read with plus highlight your text.
We’re through yet.
This one features a spare tip in case you need to replace the existing one. You will also get a lightning adapter that allows you to use the lightning cable for charging purposes. Also, it charges blazingly fast. You can also monitor the charge level. Good for you.
Strikingly enough, you can adapt the width or the darkness of a stoke while coloring or drawing.
How can you beat that?
Last but not least, the timespan of this apple pencil is the same as an iPad. Undoubtedly, you will use it for a long time.
- With just one click, you can have access to several mediums.
- No hassle to buy any art supply. With this apple pencil, you can use multiple Adobe brushes in artwork also conveniently do oil painting strokes and watercolor strokes.
- It has an intuitive nature. Just with a bit of tilt and pressure, you can thicken the strokes.
- With this apple pen, the writing seems so natural.
- Opening apps is so straightforward with this pen.
- The weight is absolutely delightful. It gives you a nice feeling about it.
- It never scratches the screen.
- You can conveniently swap out tips according to your needs.
- It has a battery life of 12 hours.
- The deal doesn’t include a writing tip protector.
- The lightning cable adapter looks so tiny. It can be lost if you’re not careful with it.
2. Apple Pencil (2nd Generation)
This one is an upgraded version of the first generation apple pencil. It has all sorts of leverages of the previous apple pencil yet brought some graceful, welcoming features, for instance, the double-tap feature. Now you can switch a pencil to an eraser immediately.
I find it a lovely touch as it’s needed when you are taking notes. Besides that, they also added charging through magnetic attachment to your iPad. Sounds lovely, right?
Interestingly enough, now your apple pencil has a flat side; hence it can attach to the side of the iPad easily. Thus, it makes a major difference in the case of portability.
Is losing your pencil a regular thing for you? Maybe or maybe not. But you never lost it – that’s something I will never believe. We all have been there. So, don’t even try to deny it.
However, now, you don’t need to worry, where is your pencil. It’s precisely where it needs to be. I don’t know yours, but it has been a revolutionary feature for me. Now, my hours of looking for pencils are over.
Anyway, it’s absolutely fabulous with iPad Pro 12.9 inch and iPad Pro 11-inch. Undoubtedly, it’s the best apple pencil for the iPad. Also, it reacts so effortlessly with a variety of apps, for instance, morpholio, AutoCAD, etc.
- A lovely seamless design that has no moving parts or connectors. Thus, it’s absolutely straightforward to store.
- Connecting and Charging feel super cool and enjoyable now.
- The natural fluidity, responsiveness, and precision are absolutely exceptional.
- Compatible with heavy graphics designing.
- The interaction with this pencil is so delightful. It just reacts so intuitively that it makes you speechless.
- It can’t be used with your iPhone.
3. Apple Pencil for iPad Pro (2nd Generation)-Serial White – Renewed By Amazon Renewed
First of all, this product is not Apple certified. It’s from Amazon Renewed. It’s tested and inspected by Amazon-licensed suppliers. It has the Ninety-day Amazon Renewed Guarantee like all renewed products.
Anyway, this product is for those who can’t afford brand-new Apple products; therefore, they want something affordable.
This one is absolutely worked like a brand-new Apple Pencil (2nd Generation). But you will get it at a much lesser price than the original one. You will save around $30.
Speaking of features, it has some great ones. You will get a flat, magnetic edge, which let it snap on to the edge of the iPad pro.
Strikingly enough, the battery life is absolutely a deal-breaker. It lasts like 48hrs before the pen requires to be charged again. Sounds astonishing, right?
Overall, you will not find any difference between this Amazon renewed Apple pencil and the brand-new apple pencil. It has the same features that I elaborated on in the previous two products. With this deal, you will only save up to some money.
- With this pencil, the drawing seems a sheer breeze.
- The design is sleek and small.
- A wireless charging facility makes your experience more comfortable.
- Easy to sync up.
- The packaging is new, so you can never tell the difference.
- You will not receive extra tips on this deal.
Best Apple Pencil alternatives
Purchasing an apple pencil alternative can be puzzling, although it does not require a frightening task. The key to buying the right Apple pencil alternative is finding one best suited to your needs.
Now we will check out the styluses and see which one can be the best alternative apple pencil for you. First, let me tell you something: the first five products are completely brand-new products in the market.
With time, the older models get upgraded, or a new model comes out to keep pace with the consumers’ needs. So, they are the fresh products of the market right now. To top it off, no upgraded version still comes.
The other two are quite popular among consumers. That’s why we picked them up. So, let’s dig a little deeper and see which one works for you better.
Adonit Note+ stylus is a new addition to their collection, which is an excellent alternative to the apple pencil of 2020. Make no mistake; this is a brand-new product that was launched on October 2, 2019. It includes all the latest features.
This one provides a whole vibe of apple pencil. In fact, this one can give fierce competition to any apple pencil. To be honest, this one is the best iPad stylus for drawing.
Speaking of artistry, it’s constructed of plastic. Therefore, you may not find it sturdy or classy. But it’s absolutely divine to hold on to. It’s rarely slipping. Also, due to plastic construction, it’s incredibly lightweight.
Surprisingly enough, the barrel seems quite thick; hence, it’s slightly bigger than any regular pencil. I also find the enhanced width a perfect size as it makes the button more comfortable to manage.
But you know what else?
It has a lifesaver battery life, which lasts around 10 hours. Good for you. Anyway, the recharging time of this stylus is around 45 minutes. You can use it while charging. But the cable seems a bit shorter for that.
But that’s not all.
It features advanced palm rejection, which functions with a range of apps. You also don’t require to set up. Charming feature, right?
Then again, the tilt support of this Adonit note+ seems so natural. You can effectively create any drawing with a “shade” effect.
To make things better, it endorses approximately 2048-levels pressure sensitivity. Besides that, it includes two configurable buttons (shortcuts) that let you access many features, for instance, erase, redo and undo.
The tip is totally replaceable. You can easily replace the tip with a brand-new one. Anyway, three new tips can cost an extra 15 bucks.
- The response time of this pencil is incredibly rapid; hence you don’t even notice it.
- It can be charged with a USV-C connector, thus incredibly straightforward and quick to charge.
- You can even do shading with this pencil.
- It costs $30 or $60 lesser than an apple pencil, offers almost the same functionality, responsiveness, and feel.
- No pairing requires for this pencil.
- Adonit Note+ Plus Stylus is not compatible with every app. Before purchasing, check the list.
- Now, Apple does not endorse Adonit note hardware. Anyway, their own technology is also quite great; so, it shouldn’t be a complication.
- The pen tip and the cable should be a bit longer.
This is an excellent Apple pencil alternative, especially when they used the same technology as the apple pencil. Still, I won’t recommend it if you are an artist.
However, if you need a crayon for education and a professional crayon, this one is your go-to-product. With this, you can explore your iPad plus write notes. Needless to say, it’s the best iPad stylus for taking notes.
Speaking of quality and price, this one is an absolute gem. It costs like half of an apple pencil. Sounds astonishing, right?
But there’s one small catch; you might like to know –
When I am writing this review, the price of this pencil is around $60. But the price tends to change. Sometimes, it’s just about $50. So, what you do?
Well, you add this item to your cart and monitor the price for around 1-2 months. The moment you see it’s $49, you immediately purchase it. I did the same. But I can’t guarantee it.
Want to hear the best part?
In one section, it’s better than an apple pencil. It possesses a power button that you can use to turn it off. In that way, you can save the battery. Apple Pencil doesn’t provide this facility.
Speaking of battery life, it lasts around 7.5 hours. Thus, it perfectly serves you an entire school day. And you can charge this pencil through a lightning cable.
Here is the interesting part –
If you need a thinner or thicker line, you can do it with tilt. The dynamic tip adapts line thickness perfectly.
- It’s flat hence absolutely a treat to hold.
- Due to the palm rejection feature, you can relish hand placement when you are using this pencil.
- It can be used with thousands of classroom apps.
- Moves so gracefully that you got such a great vibe from it.
- You have perfect control when you are navigating different tasks.
- It has a quality look, which makes it a classy pencil.
- Straightforward to set up
- It doesn’t offer pressure sensitivity.
- The charger is not included in the deal.
Wacom bamboo sketch is the best fine point iPad stylus that works with many apps than any of their competition. It’s compatible with iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPad mini, iPad Air, or iPad pro.
For enabling pressure sensitivity, you have to connect it through Bluetooth. There you go. Anyway, the pressure sensitivity of this bamboo sketch is around 2048 levels.
With this bamboo sketch, you can utilize a variety of apps such as sketch club, gastropod, ibis paint, Hayashi sketches, sketchbook, notes plus, adobe draw, adobe sketch, zoom notes, medibang, good notes, zen brush 2, concepts, ArtRage, and bamboo paper. Make no mistake about it. This one can be labeled as the best iPad stylus for art.
Still not convinced.
In that case, there’s more. It features 2 shortcut buttons, which are 2 Bluetooth enabled. Also, they offer bonus nibs. You will get soft and firm fine nibs so that it can suit your style.
Want to hear the best part?
It offers a 15-hour battery life. Yes, you heard that right. Nevertheless, it charges through a magnetic USB device.
- The pen sensitivity is so natural.
- Cones with a cool case.
- The tips are replaceable.
- It has an ergonomic triangular design that gives premium quality and looks.
- A soft-touch surface that provides perfect precision and comfort.
- The point can be slippery at times.
To find the best cheap iPad stylus is always a daunting task as most of the standard stylus price range is higher than $50. Anyway, we did thorough research and found a good option for you.
The price of this stylus is undeniably reasonable, as it’s around $40. Can you imagine that? A stylus price is $40? That’s absolutely insane. I know it’s too good to be true. But we are lucky. Anyway, let’s explore the features and see it is really as good as an alternative for apple pencil.
Further, it has a 1.9mm tip, which can create a paper-like drag. Also, it’s incredibly responsive, as well as precise.
It could be precisely what they need as it works impressively with GoodNotes and Notability for the students. Indeed, it’s not a Bluetooth programmed pencil; therefore, it doesn’t have those fancy features, case in point, pressure sensitivity, and palm rejection.
Then again, these features are not crucial for students. What they need is to open a sketching or note-taking app and work on it. And it delivers that perfectly.
And the best part?
Adonit dash 3 lasts around 14 hours. It has this amazon battery life that serves you day and night without any rest. 45 minutes would be just fine to charge this stylus.
On top of everything else, it’s versatile. Therefore it can be used with Tablets, Cellphones, Android touchscreen, and Apple iPad. In fact, it’s the best stylus for Android.
Overall, we can term it as the best iPad stylus for students. Don’t you agree?
- The tip is a show-stealer of this pencil. It’s absolutely accurate and elegant.
- Compatible with all Android and iOS devices. Thus, it’s the best stylus for drawing on Android (even though some complained about it, yet it’s the best the market offers).
- It has a thin, aluminum body, which is very much balanced.
- Includes USB plug-in-charger so that you can charge your pencil conveniently.
- The pencil can write effortlessly from every angle.
- Straightforward to use as it’s absolutely easy to turn off and on.
- On the screen, it makes a tapping sound, at times, which is quite annoying.
- The palm rejection feature is not available in this pencil.
- Not highly suitable for artistic or professional work. You may do some things with it, but, for serious work, it will not support you like an apple pencil.
This one is my absolute favorite stylus pen, which is compatible with only a few options, such as an iPad or iPhone. Before purchasing, check if it works with your device or not.
The price is so unbelievable even I was beautifully surprised. It’s around $25. But the functionality of this stylus is so straightforward that you will get a hold of it immediately. That’s why it’s the best iPad stylus for writing.
You don’t require to do any hassle to start it. You just turn it on, and you are good to go. It really is that simple.
Ten hours is the duration of this stylus on a single charge. And we work like 8 hours, at best, on a day. It seems you are set for a day on a single charge. Anyway, you have to charge this stylus through a micro USB cable added to the deal.
You will get 1x User Manual, 1x Pencil Holder, 1x Stylus Pen, and: 1x Micro USB Cable in this package. Also, they provide a 30-day money-back guarantee plus a 12-month replacement warranty.
What you want more?
- Excellent stylus for handwriting notes and navigation menus plus drawing.
- The case seems heavy-duty yet portable.
- The cable has this feeling of top-notch plastic sheathing.
- The button click is absolutely fascinating.
- Compatible with all PC as well as Apple products.
- Battery life is stable like an Apple pencil.
- The tip is metal; therefore, it can leave some scathes. You better use a screen protector. But the interaction between stylus and screen protector can make some sounds.
If you want something more affordable that Adonit dash 3, then the Moko stylus pen could be chosen. It has a hugely lower price. And I will recommend it only if you have a tight budget.
Speaking of compatibility, it can be used with iPhone, smartphones (Huawei, Samsung, etc.), iPad Pro, iPad Mini, and iPad Air. Overall, this stylus is quite versatile; therefore, it can be used with all kinds of digital devices.
The fine point is the main attraction of this stylus. It has a 1.5mm metal point that delivers natural writing or drawing experience.
On the other hand, the rubber tip makes sure that your device is protected from grease, scratches, and fingerprints. This one is the best fine point iPad stylus that ever existed on the market, if I may so.
But you know what else?
You can use it for around 8 hours continuously. That’s something. Also, the charging time is just one hour. And you can charge through a micro USB cable. Most importantly, it is included in the deal. Sound good, right?
It cut off power if you are not using the pencil-like 30 minutes to make things more convenient. In that way, the power saves.
Interestingly enough, it’s constructed with top-notch anodized aluminum. The curbed clip has gentle curves; therefore, you can store it in your pocket or tablet cover easily.
- At such an affordable price, it offers top-notch palm rejection technology.
- The appearance of this stylus is exceptionally professional.
- No Bluetooth is required for this stylus, just like an Apple pen.
- Portable; therefore, you can carry it in any place you want.
- As the tip is metal, it can scratch the surface. So, I will recommend you use a screen protector.
For years after years, Adonit pixel has been a popular alternative for the Apple pencil Among users. It functions exactly the manufacturer advertised, which is an excellent thing.
Pressure-sensitive is the hallmark of this stylus. Also, it’s the market’s best palm rejection stylus. Hence, writing and drawing are super fun with this stylus.
The shortcut buttons are adorable to use. With them, you can redo, erase, or undo; in short, anything is on your mind. Only your imagination makes your path here. And this stylus will definitely be a faithful partner here.
Most of the drawing apps, in fact, whatever app I tried, is absolutely compatible with this stylus. In fact, it worked like a charm. Anyway, you have to connect this stylus to your iPad through Bluetooth. It will take 1 minute.
The battery life of this stylus is worth mentioning. You can use it for 15 hours continuously. Sounds astonishing, right?
However, you have to keep in mind that you can’t charge it via lightning cable. You need a peripheral USB device for it.
It has a palm rejection feature that filters out any accidental touchscreen inputs. It also has a 15-hour battery life, but it’s charged by a peripheral USB device, not a Lightning cable.
- Because of Bluetooth, it can even work with regular iPads.
- You can do a pressure-sensitive drawing with this one. It also offers precise control while you are drawing.
- Programmable buttons ensure that you can navigate correctly.
- Design-wise, it’s perfect for quick sketching
- It doesn’t come with a case.
This one has a magnificent design as it has an aluminum body. It’s also constructed of top-notch sensitive conductive fiber that ensures you get excellent precision and smooth touch.
Elzo stylus pen work with all sorts of tablet devices and screen cellphones. Then again, it’s compatible with iPhone, iPad, or Microsoft surface pro.
What’s more, it provides an 18-month worry-free warranty plus lifetime support. Sounds good, right?
In this package, you will get a 2pcs stylus pen and four additional replaceable tips. I think it would be fair to say that it’s the best stylus pen combo on the market. Withing such a lower price, you are definitely getting a great deal.
- It slides impressively on the screen.
- It’s amazingly reactive.
- The replaceable tips are delightfully functional.
- Ergonomic design; hence it’s totally comfortable to hold.
- The pens fit in your tablet case effortlessly.
- It’s a bit heavy.
- Not suitable for serious stuff, just for casual stuff.
We have included a list of the 11 Best Apple Pencils and apple pencils alternative Reviews in the market. After knowing their features, pros, and cons, choosing which apple pencil or apple pencil alternative to buying should not be difficult. Rest assured that the products included in this list are worth your while, and they will not disappoint.
Anyway, the final call is yours. So, whatever decision you make, best luck with that; if you would like to share anything, comment below.
Factors to consider before buying an Apple Pencil Alternative
The key to buying the right Apple pencil alternative is finding one best suited to your needs. For instance, if it’s for professional or severe work, pressure sensitivity, tilt sensitivity, or palm rejection are necessary.
Then again, if it’s for regular work or education work, you can ignore these features even though it’s brilliant if your stylus has these features. But Again, we can understand, our budget always doesn’t allow that.
Pressure sensitivity is a crucial feature if you are buying the stylus for professional use. Apple pencil provides the best pressure sensitivity than any other product on the market, even though they didn’t specify their pressure sensitivity level.
Anyway, the best apple pencil alternative typically provides, at best, 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity. Speaking of pressure sensitivity, some of them are really as good as apple pencil.
This one means that your pencil can imitate the physics of a regular pencil. You will get this feature in every alternative. So far, Logitech Crayon or Adonit Note+ supports this feature.
You know, it’s widespread to rub your hands against iPad surfaces while you are drawing. And this habit can definitely get you into trouble. Hence, this feature ensures to ignore these kinds of touch. Sounds helpful, right?
This apple pencil can be used for 12 hours continuously. So, before purchasing a stylus, make your that they have this level of battery life. But the good thing is, some styluses provide more than 12+ hours of life.
Check if your stylus deal comes with a charger or not. Id not, which medium can be used for charging. Suppose it uses a USB cable or something else.
Shortcut programmable buttons need to redo or erase things. In fact, the Apple pencil features a “double-tap to change tools.”
You must have to check if your stylus is compatible with your favorite digital apps. So, definitely do this task before purchasing. Many people just ignore it, and, at last, they have to bear the consequences. But you’re not one of them, are you?
If you’re using an old iPad, see that if your stylus will work with it or not. It’s stated in every product description. And in my Review, it’s indicated with every product review name. So, please, make sure to check it.
Now, you are ready to buy an apple pencil alternative. If you just check these features, I think you are perfect to go. But, again, I understand, some of you can be delightfully quirky about the appearance, weight, and feel.
Hence, in the reviews I have done, you will find each piece of valuable information there. So, no worries, just read each product review carefully; I am sure you will get some great options there.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an apple pencil?
Apple Pencil is a stylus pen that reacts to your touch for drawing, writing, and note-taking, etc. It has some features such as pressure sensitivity, tilt sensitivity, palm rejection, to make the experience more comfortable.
What does the apple pencil do?
Apple Pencil can be used for writing, drawing, or touch control purposes. The Natural fluidity, responsiveness, and precision of this apple are unparalleled. Things You can do with Apple Pencil: (1) With just one click, you can have access to myriad mediums. (2) No trouble to purchase any art supply. With the apple pencil, you can use multiple Adobe brushes in artwork also conveniently do oil painting strokes and watercolor strokes. (3) Apple’s pencil has an intuitive nature. Just with a bit of tilt and pressure, you can thicken the strokes. (4) The writing seems so natural with an apple pencil. (5) Opening apps is so simple with the apple pen.
What is the battery life of Apple pencil?
Speaking of battery life, the apple pencil has 12 hours with continuous use.
Why do I need an apple pencil?
Well, for casual stuff, you don’t need an apple pencil. So, if you just want to watch Netflix or browse the web, I don’t think it’s necessary. Anyway, if you need to create digital art, edit photos, or take notes, it’s necessary. But first a warning – Apple pencil costs like $90 to $130. So, if you don’t have that much budget, just go for an alternative. For serious work, you should purchase a stylus that costs around $60-$70. And, for student work, go for a stylus that costs like $25-$40. I hope that helps.
How to charge an apple pencil?
Charging an Apple pencil is quite easy. You can charge it (apple pencil – 1st generation|) via a lightning connector. Also, you can use a USB power adapter. However, if you use the Apple Pencil charging adapter that comes with the package, certainly, your pencil will charge faster.
How to use Apple Pencil?
Using an apple pencil is so simple. You use it in the same way you use any digital device. First, pair with your iPad. Like if you want to draw or sketch, open a Notes app. Then just draw and tap. There is an eraser if you want to erase something. There is a tilt sensitivity feature if you’re going to shade a line or darken the line. You will get a hold of it immediately. Trust me.