Are you looking for the best laptops for nursing students? If yes, you are at the right place. Well, getting into school is an exciting process. You will learn different things. However, getting out of the school after the program completion is a whole different experience. You have to deal with real-time patients and assist doctors in making treatment successful. With so much duty to do post-study, you will have to make sure that you learn all the knowledge efficiently. One machine that you need the most is a laptop.
The nursing students usually get loaded with distinct kinds of tasks every day. These tasks include making random reports and projects. In such cases, the only thing that will help you is a laptop, which is why you are reading this post. In this buying guide, you will discover the features and requirements of the laptop for nursing students. The professionals in this guide have analyzed the work of nursing students. After that, they have handpicked the ten best laptops that best suits nursing program needs.
Whether you have to make 1000 page report or projects, this list comes with desirable laptops tailored for the nursing program. But, if you are in a hurry, here are our top recommendations.
|Acer Aspire 5 A515-46-R14K Slim Laptop | 15.6" Full HD IPS | AMD Ryzen 3 3350U Quad-Core Mobile...||33,983 Reviews||$399.00||Buy on Amazon|
|2020 Apple MacBook Air Laptop: Apple M1 Chip, 13” Retina Display, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage,...||8,802 Reviews||$999.00 $899.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Lenovo Flex 5 14 2-in-1 Laptop, 14.0" FHD Touch Display, AMD Ryzen 5 4500U, 16GB RAM, 256GB Storage,...||5,412 Reviews||$675.00||Buy on Amazon|
Reviews of 10 Best Laptops for Nursing Students
Acer Aspire 5 A515-46-R14K Slim Laptop
This is a great laptop that comes on the list. The laptop has all the potential to offer you in the nursing courses. This series laptop comes designed only for students having the bulk of assignments. Further, as it is for all the students, the manufacturers have made it light in weight. This makes the laptop portable and easy to carry anywhere. Fingerprint sensor is a great feature that makes this laptop safe for all nursing students.
The students can use this feature to keep all data encrypted. The backlit keyboard provided in the laptop makes it easy for students to operate the laptop even in the dark. The laptop provides better productivity with a powerful AMD processor and a good battery life. The superior voice technology of Acer provides better noise cancellation, better accuracy in speech which makes calling and talking to Alexa clearer and easier.
- The laptop is slimly resulting in less weight.
- The fingerprint reader featured makes the laptop safe and secure to log in.
- The backlit keyboard makes operating the Acer laptop easy, even in the dark.
- Provides excellent power backup and powerful performance as a desktop.
- Better storage facilities.
- No cons
- Powerful Productivity: AMD Ryzen 3 3350U delivers desktop-class performance and amazing battery life in a slim notebook. With Precision Boost, get up to 3.5GHz for your high-demand applications
- Maximized Visuals: See even more on the stunning 15.6" Full HD display with 82.58% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
2. Apple MacBook Air
Here comes another efficient laptop for nursing students. Apple, from the initial times, is always known for its precision and productivity. If you have joined the nursing programs, this is the best option to boost your productivity. However, you have to spend a little more extra cost while comparing it to others on the list. MacBook Air model of Apple is the thinnest and the lightest notebook version of its extensive range. This makes it easier for nursing students to carry. The laptop chips are designed named M1, which makes it super fast and the most powerful.
With 8 cores, the GPU provides better graphics and studying experience. The inbuilt neural engine accelerates automatic machine learning. This laptop comes designed without any fan, which provides you with complete noise-less operations. It provides you with a good battery life of almost 16 hours on a one-time charge which lasts all day. It has an HD display which provides you with better work and studying experience.
- The M1 chip processor gives a fast and smooth working experience.
- It’s very lightweight and easily portable.
- A large touchpad makes it easy to use.
- No cons.
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Powerful Performance – Take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The Apple M1 chip with an 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation while using way less power.
3. Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5
This laptop model has been the most popular choice of students for online studies and projects throughout the year. The Ryzen 4000 processor gives users an excellent performance experience and insane battery life. The convertible factor allows the user to switch to entertainment mode from study mode and vice versa. The laptop comes with a digital stylus which is useful for students in projects and online examinations.
The good display and reflection quality makes it easy to use indoors as well as outdoors. The laptop also has a webcam with a mechanical shutter which makes it convenient to switch off the video at any time you want. The two-in-one functionality of the laptop makes it unique and serves the purpose of both a laptop and an iPad.
- Handy and easy to use
- Fantastic work experience and good battery life with a laptop on this budget.
- Ineffective display for people wanting to work on high graphics.
- Thin, light, and stylish – This 2-in-1 laptop weighs just 3.64 pounds and is only 0.82" thick. It's soft and comfortable to the touch, with a durable paint that creates a better user experience. Digital pen included
- The 10-point, 14-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS touchscreen allows the Lenovo Flex 5 14" 2-in-1 laptop to be comfortable, fun, and easy to use. It's also great to look at, with 4-side narrow bezels
See Also: Top 10 Best Computer Speakers Under $100
4. HP Chromebook 14
This laptop is exceptionally designed for nursing programs and other academic purposes. The Intel Celeron N4000 (2) processing power and Intel UHD Graphics 600 (3) give amazing studying and processing experience. The laptop is fitted with stereo speakers by B&O audio experts who provide a soothing audio experience. The laptop offers more than 13 hours of battery life at one charge. This helps you forget to find an outlet for a power supply.
Like an Android smartphone, it comes with the Google Play Store, allowing students to download various applications, books, and many more. The 14-inch display size offers a great experience to the students. It helps them complete their assignments seamlessly, saving time. The display also has eye-protection technology to protect your eyes.
- Good built-in quality and light in weight, making it portable.
- Excellent speed and performance.
- Good battery life with 8 to 10 hours of charge at a time.
- It is a budget-friendly laptop, which is a great factor, especially for students.
- It gives more of an Android phone using experience.
- REMOTE WORK READY - Work efficiently from the comfort of your own home office using the HP 14" Chromebook.
- CLEAR IMAGING - Images appear crisp with the 14" HD (1366 x 768), micro-edge, anti-glare (1) display.
5. HP 15
The laptop is highly recommended for all the students for using it in the classes, for assignments and projects. The HP laptops are always known for their sleek and thin design, along with lightweight laptops. HP 15 is one of those laptops with a micro-edge display of 6.5 millimeters.
A 15.6-inch wide display with more than 82% screen coverage allows you to enjoy ultra-wide watching angles. The 11th generation i5 processor provides non-stop performance and fair battery life of more than 7 hours at one charge. The laptop comes with a high-definition webcam which provides good visual quality. Moreover, the laptop supports great connectivity of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- The laptop provides Type C connectivity.
- The laptop is light in weight.
- Provides a good performance and battery life.
- The camera quality is decent as per the requirements of the online class.
- Boots up easily without taking much time.
- It can be an easy setup.
- The laptop does not come with a backlit keyboard.
- TAKE IT ANYWHERE – With its thin and light design, 6.5 millimeter micro-edge bezel display, and 82% screen to body ratio, you can take this PC anywhere and see more of what you love (1).
- REVOLUTIONARY ENTERTAINMENT – Enjoy ultra-wide viewing angles and seamlessly perform multi-monitor set-ups with a 15.6-inch, Full HD, IPS, micro-edge, and anti-glare display (2).
6. Dell Inspiron 3583
The Dell Inspiron 3583 comes with an anti-glare LED-backlit display of 15.6 inches. This is the best display size that you need for the nursing program. The laptop comes up with an Intel Celeron of 1.6 GHz and storage of 4GB DDR4 RAM and 128 GB SSD. This helps the nursing students achieve the best use while making reports, analyses, or projects. The students can even install a high-end application that is needed in their studies.
Further, the laptop comes with built-in windows 10, so you don’t have to pay additional costs for the OS. The laptop provides great connectivity as it enables users to connect with mobile devices to integrate data with smartphones seamlessly. This laptop on the list is an excellent choice for all nursing students. It provides USB 2.0, which allows usage of both corded mouse and printer. This is one of the most favorite laptops among students as it is budget-friendly and comes up with basic requirements.
- Good for day-to-day business work and students.
- Thin and lightweight, which makes the laptop portable and handy.
- Smooth and quick performance.
- The screen size is decent but not good for people dealing with high graphics.
- The Windows 10 S mode is very slow and takes time to process.
- Dell 15.6 HD 1366x768 LED-backlit Display
- Intel Celeron N4020 CPU
7. Dell Inspiron Display Processor Meeting
The Dell Inspiron is the newest laptop that has Windows 10 as its operating system. It has 16GB of memory that helps store data and 2TB space in a hard drive to store a large amount of data. Comes with Intel UHD graphics video and stereo speakers for the audio. It is built-in with an HD webcam microphone.
The connectivity options in the laptop are extensive. It offers you several USB ports to connect USB flash drives for notes exchange. Students can also get an HDMI jack, headphones, and many other ports to connect to LAN. The wireless connectivity is also seamless to achieve in the laptop. You can connect to Wi-Fi and transfer data within seconds.
- It is lightweight with great storage space.
- It has good quality at a great price.
- The laptop has a separate disk drive that helps in storing large files and data.
- It has good display quality.
- It is affordable, thin, and reliable.
- The laptop does not have a touchscreen facility.
- It gets heated up if used for a long time.
- 【Dell Inspiron Laptop】16GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; 2TB Hard Disk Drive for ample storage space.
- 【Processor】Intel Pentium Silver N5030 Processor (4 Core, 4 Threads, 4MB Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)
8. Dell Inspiron Dual Core Processor
Dell Inspiron Dual Core is another device in this list that helps students store large data, easy data transfer, and faster boot-up. It runs smoothly even with multiple browsing tabs and applications all at a time, as it has 16 GB RAM. The students will find pleasure in using this smooth laptop in their nursing classes.
The built-in webcam of this device is HD 720P with microphones. It has Intel UHD graphics and a 2× 1.5 W speakers facility. As for the size and resolution, the screen display quality is good with fair vivid colors. Besides, the laptop offers you numerous ports to achieve great connectivity to devices. The device also offers you seamless wireless connectivity to transmit the data easily.
- It is straightforward to set up and reliable to use.
- It has clear images with great sound.
- Does not get overheated while using.
- It is a good quality product at an affordable price.
- The battery backup of the laptop is not so good.
- This device does not come with an office installed in it.
- 【RAM and Storage】16GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; 1TB Hard Disk Drive to allow large data storage, faster bootup and data transfer.
- 【Processor】Intel Celeron 4205U 1.8GHz Dual-Core Processor 2MB Cache
9. ASUS Vivo book 17
ASUS Vivo book 17 is a laptop that immerses you in anything you do. It provides an amazing display with an 85-per cent ratio from screen to body. It is designed in such a way that it is very comfortable to use a keyboard while typing. Also has a fingerprint sensor, so you don’t need to type your password every time.
It has an HD camera facility, so it helps in giving a great experience while video chatting. The processor of this product is powerful, so it helps in the smooth functioning of the device. It has a fingerprint sensor facility which makes it more reliable as you don’t have to type a password every time you use it. It has a backlit keyboard facility that helps to see the keyboard in conditions of dim light.
- It is thin, fast and of good quality.
- It has an ergonomic backlit, so it is comfortable to write.
- It is quite heavy, weighted, so it is difficult to carry around.
- This device does not have touch- screen facility.
- 17.3 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) 4 way NanoEdge-bezel display with stunning 85% screen-to-body ratio
- Powerful Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.7 GHz, 4 cores) with Windows 10 Home
10. HP 17 Quad Core
This laptop on the list is an exceptional choice for all nursing students. This is the strongest and fastest device of HP. It has enormous space and has high-speed RAM. Provides an average of 5 hours of battery life. It has an Intel UHD graphics coprocessor which gives a clear display of images.
The rear webcam resolution of the device has 720 pixels, which provides great video quality. It also has wireless connectivity with having 1TB hard disk drive, 5400 rpm. It is having an excellent screen resolution of 1920× 1080 pixels. Besides, this laptop also offers you an extensive range of connectivity ports and features. You can use the USB ports to transfer data using flash drives seamlessly. The headphone jack allows you to connect your headset and easily achieve online classes.
- The device is quite fast, responsive, and very reliable to use.
- The product has a great storage facility and also has good sound quality.
- This product has good quality and is very affordable.
- It has a separate disk drive that helps you in storing large data and files.
- The product is quite heavy, so it is difficult to carry the product with you.
- It does not provide you with a touchscreen facility.
- 【HP i5 10th generation】: The Strong and Fast 10th Generation Intel Core i5 Processors, Intel Quad-Core i5-10210U(Beats i7-8650U) 1.60 GHz, up to 4.2 GHz, 6 MB cache, 8 Threads
- 【17.3 inch 1080P FHD IPS Display】 : 17.3 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-glare 300 nits 72% NTSC Display, Integrated Intel UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Intel Processors
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Laptop for the Nursing Program?
Admissions to nursing schools demand many things to do. You have to work with clinical AMD simulators and laptops to make reports and analyses about patients. Further making a bulk report, completing projects and tasks will make you exhausted. After such exhaustion, you will need a good system that offers no hassle while working on it.
You have to make sure your exam goes right, and for that, you need to submit well-written assignments and projects to fetch marks. What does help you in such a case is a laptop. Thus, if you are buying a laptop, you should never ignore the necessary attributes and factors while purchasing a laptop for nursing.
It is needless to say that most students will look for the best features in their budget. Making a selection becomes tougher when you choose the budget. However, this buying is full of factors and tips that will make your shopping more profitable. Here is what you should consider if you are buying a laptop for the nursing program. Here are the factors to consider while buying a laptop for nursing
1. Battery life
A set of questions arrives in your mind when you buy a laptop for any purpose. One such question that hits your mind at first is what would be the battery life. As you are looking for a laptop to use in nursing school, you would not want the laptop to get plugged into power always. So, you would laptop always have the question of how long it will work without getting plugged in.
Further, during the assignment days, you will work day and night on the laptop. Thus, you need always to consider a laptop that offers you exceptional battery life. A minimum of eight hours of battery life is great, and make sure you don’t have to look for an outlet always. While buying a laptop, you should also ensure that you search for the battery power in the specifications.
A review from the user also helps you gain knowledge about the battery mileage.
2. The Overall Weight of the Laptop
The life of a nursing student involves traveling. You need to attend schools, classes, and even extra classes on demand. There is also a time when you have to visit your classmates to complete the assignment together. At times, you may also have to run to the library to make notes. In such cases, running here and there with a heavy laptop will slow you down.
With laptops in your bag, the nurses also require to carry books and notes with them. This makes their bags even heavier. Thus, the next attribute that you should look for is the weight of the laptop. The overall weight of the laptop should not be much. While buying a laptop, you should compare the power to weight ratio. The design of the laptop should be as such that it will help you carry the laptop all day long.
3. Processor Speed
From the starting of the development of computers, you can witness a major change in the processors and processing speeds. The laptops these days come with 9th generation processors. These processors help the users to achieve many complex operations easily. Now you may think, why do nursing students need hi-fi processing when they need it for academic purposes.
Well, nursing is a program that demands the running of multiple applications. You will also have to make presentations and projects with many requirements. In such cases, you will always need a laptop with great processing speed. An adequate processor speed let you complete all your task quickly.
4. Wi-Fi Connectivity
The nursing schools generally have Wi-Fi enabled on the campus to offer you seamless learning. In such cases, if you want to take advantage of it, you would need an enhanced laptop with advanced Wi-Fi technology in it. When purchasing a laptop, you should always consider buying a laptop with Wi-Fi technology that has a 6 GHz protocol.
This will help you transmit the data with increased speed and more efficiency. In nursing programs, the students will always require a laptop that works when connected with other Wi-Fi-enabled devices. Thus, Wi-Fi connectivity is an inevitable factor to pay attention to if you buy a laptop for the nursing program.
5. Display Size and Features
Another essential factor that you should consider while buying a laptop for nursing is the display. When you are reading nursing, you have to be very clear about the reports and numbers. After all, you will work to save patients’ life in the future. In such cases, when you are buying a laptop, the display size and features matter the most.
It would be best to find a laptop that offers you an ideal display size to make all your reports and successfully integrate correct data into your reports. Further, during your sleepless assignment days, the one thing that helps you is the display. With a great display size, you will have less strain on your eyes. This will lead you to complete all your projects and assignments efficiently.
There are some other features that you can also expect in your laptop if you want to go higher on budget. It includes the touchscreen or the stylus. As it is clear that you have to integrate data and reports on your laptop, having a touch screen makes it even easier. You can simply tap and integrate data into the reports. However, you have to keep in mind that going for a touch screen will increase the laptop’s price.
The RAM makes a significant impact on your laptop’s performance and speed. The higher RAM you have, the greater will be the speed and efficiency of the laptop. When you are purchasing a laptop, you should never ignore RAM. RAM in your system helps you keep all the short-term data for longer times. Further, when you use complex applications, you need RAM Memory to ease using it.
On the other hand, Nursing students have to integrate a lot of heavy applications into their laptops. It may include the clinical AMD simulators that will help you use the tools and equipment. In such cases, you will always need more RAM to help you with your nursing studies. The minimum RAM requirement in your laptop should be 8 GB. You can also go for 16 GB if you want.
SSD storage is no doubt the latest trend in storage. On the other hand, nursing programs include many classes, notes preparations, report making, and many more. Sometimes, you may even need to download the complete online session to read it. In such cases, storage is something you should never ignore. The minimum storage requirements in your laptop must be at least 256 GB. However, you may go up to 1 TB if you want.
8. Keyboard with Backlit
Although it is not a vital requirement, it is important for all students, especially nursing students. While working and studying at night, nursing students will always need a backlit keyboard to read seamlessly, even in the dark. Thus, this is a feature that you should consider while buying a laptop for the nursing program.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Do nursing students need a laptop?
Previously everyone is of the view that nursing students do not need a laptop. But today, with the advancement of technology and when everything is becoming online, even the classes are also conducted online. We can say that now it has become imperative for a nursing student to have a laptop. They used the laptop to read about recent research papers published in various national and international journals that can be assessed online and solve various complex diagrams.
2. Which type of laptop is preferred by a nursing student?
Honestly speaking, for a nursing student, an average laptop can do its job. It is recommended that you can choose any of the laptops we recommended in the above list as they all are capable of serving your needs because they are durable, portable, powerful, strong, and long-lasting.
3. Can I use a tablet instead of a laptop?
Depending upon your needs you can choose either a laptop or Tablet. It is much more advantages if you go for Tablet as they are very convenient and easy to carry. Tablets are so handy, so you can easily write on them and also their required minimum maintenance. However, it is very important to keep in mind that if your college demands some software to practice, you should buy a laptop as it cannot run on a tablet.
4. Is an iPad or a laptop is better for nursing students?
A laptop generally offers main functionality, but if you go for iPads, they will be the perfect choice for creativity in an external business environment. If you want to go for an iPad, then iPad Pro will be an excellent alternative for the nursing student as they provide Apple pencils through which you will be able to maintain outstanding notes.
Keeping it short, these are the top ten best laptops for nursing students. Now that you know the best laptops, you should buy the best one amongst them before your class starts. However, you should make sure that you consider all the attributes mentioned in the buying guide when you buy any laptop. This will help you make the most suitable buying decision. If you have any more suggestions, you can leave a comment below in the comment section. We hope this article about best laptops for nursing students is helpful to you.