Imagine having the power to take your ‘cool’ with you! No room would be hot because you’ve got your chill buddy right next to you.
Do you work, sleep, and eat in the same room because it is the only room with AC? Well, with this portable ventless AC, you can take it to any room you want. This means you could cook in the kitchen with the AC, study or work in the living room with AC, and sleep in your bedroom with AC!
However, what is a ventless air conditioner? It simply refers to evaporative coolers or swamp coolers. It creates an airflow by evaporating moisture from the air, thus cooling it.
A good ventless portable air conditioner not only cools your home, but also does not burn a hole a in your pocket! Let’s find out which is the best ventless portable air conditioner!
|Hessaire MC37M Evaporative Cooler, 3,100 CFM, Gray||1,616 Reviews||$390.89 $368.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Honeywell 780 CFM 3-Speed Outdoor Rated Portable Evaporative Cooler (Swamp Cooler) with GFCI Cord...||286 Reviews||$329.99||Buy on Amazon|
|HESSAIRE MC18M Portable Evaporative Cooler – Color May Vary, 1300 CFM, Cools 500 Square Feet ,...||2,027 Reviews||$189.00||Buy on Amazon|
Best Ventless Portable Air Conditioner
1. Hessaire MC37M Portable Evaporative Cooler
Hessaire provides excellent cooling solutions to maximise comfort and keep you from sweating out during the hot summer season.
This grey coloured unit has an airflow capacity of 3100 cubic feet per minute (CFM), making this quite a powerful choice.
This cooler is not too large, its dimensions are 37x17x24 inches, but it can cool spaces of up to 950 sq feet!
Most coolers are noisy, but this MC37M has a noise output of 59dB only, which means it has a quiet operation.
The control panel that this cooler features is extremely easy to use. The motor speed dial enables you to control the fan speed, the pump dial allows you to switch the pump on, and the air swing dial allows you to turn on or off the automatic swing delivery system.
You can easily fill water in its 10.3-gallon tank, which can run up to 4 hours. It also provides a garden hose hook-up which you can use to allow continuous fill.
An exciting feature of this cooler is the fan only option where you can use the fan without filling water to disperse air. It equips three-sided high-density cooling media, which distributes an increased flow of air evenly.
- Powerful cooling
- Quiet operation
- Not very energy efficient
- PORTABLE - 4 heavy duty locking casters for cooling home, patio or workshop spaces up to 950 square feet
- COMPACT YET POWERFUL – 37x17x24 inches; 3, 100 Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM); 3 fan speeds and oscillating louvers to ensure even distribution, wide coverage and comfort
Our take on the product: This cooler is one of the most popular choices and can cool your place efficiently. Its rigid design and flexible features make this a reliable option.
2. Honeywell 525 CFM Indoor Outdoor Portable Evaporative Cooler
Honeywell offers a wide range of products that provide you with convenience, comfort, safety and security.
This Honeywell cooler comes in an attractive grey colour that has an airflow capacity of 525 CFM. We recommend this unit for small spaces of around 320 sq feet.
It is a weatherproof model suitable for all outdoor experiences like pool parties, barbeque in your backyard, or simply chilling by the porch.
The portable cooler features a top-loading ice compartment for refreshing cool air to cover your surroundings. It has a 7.9-gallon detachable tank that makes it easy to clean and maintain.
It also equips triple-sided Honeycomb pads for cooling the entire room effortlessly. If you are relaxing by the porch and do not wish to get up to change the setting of the cooler, a handy remote control is here to save your day!
You can choose from among the three humidity settings as per your needs. The body level air throw keeps you cool throughout the day!
- It comes with remote control
- Loud and noisy
- Indoor/ Outdoor evaporative air cooler or swamp cooler ideal for use in the southwest and Midwest regions of the US - Performs best in hot/dry climates where humidity levels are <60%
- Weather resistant for outdoor use, super low power consumption 288W, powerful 525-729 CFM airflow ideal for spot cooling small to medium indoor and outdoor spaces such as living room, patio/ BBQ area, garage, deck, bedroom
Our take on the product: The Honeywell cooler is an excellent choice for those looking to cool small indoor or outdoor places. It comprises premium quality material that makes the cooler durable and reliable during the humid summer season.
3. Hessaire MC18M Portable Evaporative Cooler
Another Hessaire cooler makes it to our list because of the top-notch cooling solutions it provides.
The MC18M is available in three different exotic colours- grey, teal, and green. It is a powerful cooler as it has an airflow capacity of 1300 CFM, which is sufficient to cool up to 500 sq feet.
Its dimensions are 28x22x12 inches, making it compact and easy to store. There are four casters made for heavy-duty use to enable easy gliding on the floor.
This Hessaire cooler lets you enjoy four modes- two cooling modes and two fan-only modes. It also features adjustable louvres that let you push air up and down.
The 4.8-gallon tank can be filled manually or through a standard hose to allow continuous fill. This flexible water filling feature makes this cooler highly desirable.
You can also use this cooler outdoors as it has a rugged exterior wherein the body houses UV additives that make it suitable under sunlight.
The MC18M weighs about 16lbs and has an easy lift handle and wheels, making moving this cooler as easy as a breeze.
This cooler is backed by a one-year manufacturer warranty that will help you in a crisis.
- Strong cooling
- Rugged exterior
- Lousy switches
- EVAPORATIVE COOLING: HESSAIRE’s evaporative cooling fans are designed to pull hot, dry air through a water-soaked filter using a fan to decrease the ambient temperature. It DOES NOT use refrigerants to remove heat like an air conditioner
- INCREASE HUMIDITY IN DRY CLIMATES: The MC18M evaporative cooling fan is optimal when used in hot, dry climates to filter ambient air while increasing the condensation and delivering 1,300 CFM of cool airflow. Not effective in high humidity areas
Our take on the product: This cooler is affordable and easy to use. You can easily move it from one place to another due to its lightweight, rigid handles and durable casters. It operates smoothly and gives strong cooling that is suitable for small to medium-sized rooms.
4. Honeywell CO60PM Evaporative Air Cooler
This unit is another one of Honeywell’s most sold coolers that offers excellent cooling and lets you enjoy comfort and convenience effortlessly.
This cooler comes in a beautiful grey colour and has an airflow capacity of 1540 CFM. It means that this is a powerful cooler, sufficient to heat up to 850 sq feet.
You can use this cooler outdoors at pool parties, barbecues in backyards, etc., as it is waterproof and resistant to the UV rays of the sun, thanks to its robust build.
The CO60PM features an extra-large 15.9-gallon water tank that can operate for a long time before needing a refill. The top-loading ice compartment makes refilling an easy task. You can connect it to a garden hose to enjoy continuous and unattended cooling.
This unit enables effective cooling as it equips triple-sided Honeycomb pads. It does not spray water on furniture and floor, making it mess-free.
The fan blades are 16 inches wide to give a vast and powerful airflow to ensure cooling with minimal efforts.
- Powerful cooling
- Large water tank
- Suitable for large space
- Loud and noisy
- Outdoor Evaporative Cooler or Swamp Cooler with powerful 1540-2471 CFM airflow is Ideal for large open rooms, patio/ BBQ areas, garage, deck, backyard, warehouse
- Best used in typically hot and dry climates where humidity levels are <60%
Our take on the product: This Honeywell cooler offers desirable features and exciting benefits. The jumbo tank makes it work for a long time without refill and cools a large area with no troubles. It is also energy efficient and durable to give your value of money.
5. BREEZEWELL 2-in-1 Evaporative Air Cooler
Breezewell has found the most breezy solution to all your humid problems. It offers a wide array of high-quality products to cool your homes!
This cooler works with the slightest noise, allowing you to sleep comfortably without any disruptions. It also has a surprisingly low noise output of less than 40dB and works for rooms of around 450 sq feet.
The most impressive feature of this cooler is that it operates with a bladeless fan, making it super safe around children. This feature also allows you to clean and maintain the cooler effortlessly.
It equips a sleek design, and its dimensions are 32 x 14.8 x 10.7 inches. The cooler looks attractive, and its unique build allows you to store it easily. You can easily move the cooler because of its accessible handle.
The cooler can be controlled by remote control even if you are 20 feet away! You do not have to leave your couch and bed to operate the cooler.
However, one drawback of this cooler is that it has a water tank of only 1 gallon, which requires frequent refilling.
The tower fan can oscillate up to 40 degrees to give you a broad air throw. It also features air amplifier technology to ensure that there is a smooth flow of air. There are two ice packs included with the cooler, which enables an even more efficient cooling effect.
- Bladeless fan
- It comes with ice packs
- Small water tank
- 【Convenient and Portable Design】 8-Hour Timer feature and remote control amplify your freedom. Just a click to control your fan from 20 feet, making it possible that enjoy a gentle outdoor wind in your own living room while you are reading your favorite books or enjoying the recent series without having to get up from the couch. Also, there is an automatic shutdown in 1 to 8-hour intervals or you could just use the convenient remote.
- 【Bladeless Deign for Safety and Easy Cleaning】If you are looking for a bladeless cooling solution, this evaporative air cooler will be an unavoidable choice. Thanks to the bladeless design, it is much safer to use in the household that have children or pets. Another impressive things about the bladeless is the cooling effect, it delivers a stream of smooth, therapeutic and high-velocity air, for personal cooling. No awkward safety grille or blades to clean
Our take on the product: This Breezewell cooler is an excellent choice for small and medium-sized rooms. The bladeless fan it equips makes it stand apart from the rest of the coolers. It also has an aesthetically appealing and amazingly unique design.
6. Whynter Elite ARC-122DS 12,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
Whynter supplies quality products to ensure that you have one less thing to worry about in the hot summer season.
This Whynter cooler has a 12,000 BTU cooling capacity that is suitable for cooling up to 400 sq feet.
It isn’t an evaporative cooler; instead, it is a portable air conditioner. Evaporative coolers add moisture to air in humid areas, which will cause more perspiration.
The sleek design of this air conditioner makes it look attractive. You can easily store this AC anywhere as its dimensions are 20 x 16.5 x 34 inches. The rolling casters are made of heavy-duty material that enables efficient gliding across the floors.
There are three modes to choose from- AC, fan, and dehumidifier, which you can select as per your needs. It has a digital display and remote control, making it easy to use. There is also a 24-hours programmable timer so you can enjoy cooling unmonitored!
If you face a power outage, this portable air conditioner will auto-restart to continue working without any issue. The Whynter AC is also eco-friendly as it uses R-32 refrigerant that does not play havoc with the ozone layer.
- It can be used as a cooler, dehumidifier, or on fan mode
- 24 hours timer
- Sleek design
- 12,000 BTU (ASHRAE) / 7,000 BTU (SACC) cooling capacity
- Three operational modes: air conditioner, fan or dehumidifier. This unit can cool up to a 400 square feet space (ambient temperature and humidity may influence optimum performance)
Our take on the product: If you are looking for a portable air conditioner that works efficiently and is eco-friendly, this Whynter Elite AC is your stop! The sleek design, along with some exciting features, makes this AC desirable!
7. Honeywell MN10CESWW Portable Air Conditioner
Honeywell is amongst the most popular brands when it comes to air conditioners and coolers. This model is highly reliable and deserves to be on our list of the best ventless portable air conditioners.
The Honeywell AC has a cooling capacity of 10,000 BTU, and it is enough to cool rooms of about 350 to 450 sq feet.
This white-colored AC is powerful and has a quiet operation. It features a filter that refines the air from any impurity or dust that may be present in it. This filter is simple to clean and can be washed under a faucet.
You can enjoy this easy-to-use AC as it comes with a fully functioning remote control and a smart digital thermostat system. In addition, this AC has a feather touch control panel to let you set the mode as per your needs.
On Amazon, this Honeywell portable AC is rated 4.1 stars and has dozens of positive reviews!
- Easy to use
- Comes with filter
- Powerful cooling
- Not durable, insufficient support from the brand
- Powerful, safe & dependable Cools rooms up to 350-450 sq. ft. Thermal Overload protection for added safety & peace of mind.
- Quick installation easy-to-install window venting kit included with adjustable window bracket from 19.9". to 47.25"
Our take on the product: This portable air conditioner is appropriate to cool small-sized rooms. The filter of this Honeywell AC ensures that the airflow is free from dust and other particles.
8. Whynter ARC-14S 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
As noted earlier, Whynter offers an exotic range of products to provide ideal cooling in your homes during the drenching summer season.
This Whynter portable AC has a cooling capacity of 14,000 BTU, and it is suitable for up to 500 sq feet.
It comes in platinum and black color, with a stylish appearance that’ll turn heads for sure!
You can run it in any of the three operational modes- AC, dehumidifier, and fan. This air conditioner has proven to cool rooms faster than most others in the market.
The use of R-32 refrigerant makes this environmentally friendly as it does not harm the earth’s ozone layer.
It equips a 24-hour programmable timer so you can have your home cool even before you enter it! Such are the features of this air conditioner. It also has an auto-restart feature that enables the air conditioner to work conveniently post powercut.
Whynter also houses a patented auto drain technology that collects moisture and recycles it to cool efficiently. There is also a digital display backed with a remote control that makes it extremely easy to use.
- Attractive design
- 24-hour programmable timer
- Quiet operation
- Not very strong cooling
- 14,000 BTU (ASHRAE) / 9,500 BTU (SACC) cooling capacity. Intake / Exhaust hoses: Based on the version of the portable air conditioner you have, you may need a 5.0″ or 5.9″ diameter hose(s) and/or connector(s) listed below. Please make sure to measure your existing hose(s) before ordering additional accessories. NOTE: Please note that we do not recommend extending the exhaust hose(s) more than 9 feet long.
- Dual hose operation; Cools up to a 500 square feet space(ambient temperature and humidity may influence optimum performance); Dehumidifying capacity: 71 pints per day; Air Flow (at high speed): 430 m3/h / 253 CFM; 3 fan speeds
Our take on the product: This Whynter portable air conditioner has 4.3 stars rating on Amazon. Equipped with remote control and a fully digital display, this AC is replete with great features!
9. BLACK+DECKER BPACT08WT Portable Air Conditioner
This brand provides a massive range of products for DIY and other equipment to make life easier!
It is a powerful air conditioner with a cooling capacity of 8,000 BTU to keep you chilled all through the summer.
The white-colored AC is suitable for small rooms of 150 sq feet and offers quick and steady cooling.
It offers three functions that you can choose from – AC, fan, and dehumidifier. There is a 24 hours timer to control the temperature accurately.
The sleep mode lets you sleep in peace as it reduces the noise even more and controls the temperature at night.
The compact size of the AC makes it easy to store and move. The side handles and rolling casters enable easy gliding across the floor.
You can easily clean the air filter that it equips. Just slide it across and run it under a faucet. The LED display at the top, along with the remote control, gives you the freedom to lay on your bed and change the settings.
- LED display
- Compact size
- Three functions- AC, fan, and dehumidifier
- Spits out water around
- QUIET & POWERFUL - Our 4,000 BTU (8,000 BTU ASHRAE) compact air conditioner (16.5 x 11.5 x 26 in,) will keep you cool and comfortable all summer. An adjustable fan speed cools the air to 65°F at the coolest setting. Sleep mode makes it extra quiet while you rest
- PERFECT FOR SMALL ROOMS - This floor-standing portable AC unit provides steady, fast, effective cooling for rooms up to 150 sq. ft. It’s the ideal small air conditioner for dorms, apartments, cabins, campers, offices, bedrooms, or living rooms
Our take on the product: This portable air conditioner has an average of 4.5 stars on Amazon, with many positive comments. The LED display and remote control are convenient.
Ventless Portable Air Conditioner Buying Guide
None of us purchase a new product without looking at its price. Similarly, an essential factor to consider while buying a portable AC is to look at its expense.
Most ventless portable ACs or evaporative coolers fall under the price range of $100 to $500.
2. Your Location:
Portable air conditioners are suitable for places that have a humid climate because these units remove the moisture from the air, thus cooling it.
However, ventless air coolers are appropriate for dry climate areas because it adds some moisture into the air to cool it.
By this logic, evaporative coolers are basically of no use in humid areas as they will simply make you sweat even more than you already do!
3. Cooling Capacity:
While checking the cooling capacity of portable ACs, you look at the BTU rating, whereas in the case of a ventless AC or evaporative cooler, you check the CFM.
Choose whichever suits your cooling needs the most, do not buy units that over cool or undercool.
4. Size of the product:
Please measure the size of the AC against the size of your room to ensure that it actually fits where you need it.
If you’re looking to place it outdoors, choose a small, lightweight item that can easily move from one place to another.
5. Noise level:
A powerful cooling need not always be accompanied by loud annoying noise. You can find an AC that works quietly so that you can enjoy your sleep or continue to work without being disturbed.
Most of the coolers and ACs that we mentioned work noiselessly. Noisy ACs can be a source of irritation and disturb your sleep cycle.
6. Size of water tank:
If you are planning on purchasing evaporative coolers, it is very crucial to check the size of the water tank.
A small water tank will demand a frequent refill, which can be a cumbersome task. A large water tank will enable the cooler to run for a long time before needing a refill.
We answered some of the most common questions people have while looking to buy a ventless portable air conditioner.
1. Are evaporative coolers the same as ventless portable air conditioners?
Technically, no. However, it is crucial to understand that it is not possible for air conditioners to remove hot air without a hose. An evaporative cooler, on the other hand, simply evaporates hot air out. However, we’ve also mentioned portable air conditioners with hoses so that you can make better, more informed choices.
2. Are there any portable air conditioners with no exhaust hose?
No, there are no models of ACs that are portable and without a hose. However, air coolers are a great alternative to these. You can effectively cool rooms and move these from one place to another. Every AC extracts hot air that needs to be vented out either through windows, doors, or walls. Therefore, fundamental physics requires an AC to be vented.
By now, we’ve established that no air conditioners can work without being vented. For this reason, evaporative coolers have high desirability.
However, there are some portable ACs that will fulfill your requirements as they are compact but require to be vented either through a window or a wall.
We recommend the Hessaire MC37M Portable Evaporative Cooler and Honeywell CO60PM Evaporative Air Cooler in the category of evaporative coolers because they have some great features and provide powerful cooling.
We highly recommend the Whynter Elite ARC-122DS 12,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner for its sleek design and efficient cooling in the portable AC category. In addition to that, it is also environmentally friendly, which makes it ideal for all green lovers!
We hope that our article on the best ventless portable air conditioners helped you in making a decision. The right choice will enable you to chill all you want in a relaxed, refreshing environment.