Are you into music production? If yes, then there is one thing that you should never ignore. It’s the speakers. By the time you must be clear that music sounds exceptional when the system playing it is powerful. That implies; the best computer speakers for music production are the only approach to achieve an enhanced sound quality.
The computer speaker that you choose decides some of the attributes for better sound. It includes accurate sound imaging, immersive sound stage, and many more other factors. Here are the ten best computer speakers that will make you fall in love if you are searching for computer speakers.
But before moving on to the review, you should know what makes this buying guide best for you. In this buying guide, you will learn about the features and the pros that make a computer speaker ideal for you. The professionals, after detailed testing, find out the best ten computer speakers that offer you a solid output performance. So explore the best ten computer speakers that are great for music production in 2021.
Review of the Top 10 Best Computer Speakers for Music Production in 2021
1. PreSonus Eris E3.5-3.5″ Near Field Studio Monitor (Pair) (E3.5)
The first computer speaker that comes to the list is a speaker system from Presonus. The brand has a great reputation when it comes to music production. However, what the professional like about this speaker is its overall sound quality. The woofer delivers cleaner and precise sound. Along with the speaker system, you get a 3.5-inch powerful woofer. This offers you a constant dispersion pattern. The speaker system also comes equipped with a one-inch silk dome tweeter.
The silk dome tweeter is known for offering you smoother and refined sound. Further, this speaker’s tweeter is designed in such a way that it radiates sound with a wide dispersion pattern. The speaker is efficient enough to create a large optimal listening area for the listeners. You can connect this speaker system virtually to any line-level source. There are three distinctive audio inputs. That implies; you can feed audio from a mixer, any interface, or any other line-level source.
This is a true studio monitor that has multiple uses. You can use it for multimedia, gaming, watching movies, or music production; This speaker system comes with a studio-quality industrial design. The design also is as such that protects the speaker system. The speaker system also has 3.5 inch woven composite drivers. These drivers offer you a powerful bass. The professional finds this as the only monitor that has acoustic tuning.
- True studio monitor speaker with multiple uses
- Studio-quality design and sound
- It comes with 3.5-inch composite drivers
- It also has acoustic tuning
- Stereo aux input
- Stops working automatically
- The reviews speak for themselves!
- The only true studio monitor for multimedia, gaming, watching movies, or producing your next hit.
2. Yamaha NX-50 Premium Computer Speakers, Black
The next computer speaker system that comes to the list is Yamaha. Yamaha is a reputed and one of the best brands when it comes to musical equipment. However, what keeps on the list its sound quality and features. This speaker system comes with two mini-jacks with the auto mix. That implies; it will allow you to play music from two sources at once. Therefore, this speaker is great for mixing audio.
The next reason why the professionals like this speaker are the volume control on the front panel. This is quite convenient to use. It also has a headphone jack that allows you to get immersive music in your headphones. Another coolest feature that professionals discover is the auto standby feature. The auto-standby feature eliminates the need to turn on and off the speaker. When the speaker remains idle, it goes to auto standby mode.
The speaker’s design is for the studios; It is quite sharp and comes with a solid metal infusion. The durable build quality also impresses the professionals. The most significant part about the speaker system is you can not only use it for music production, but you can also use it as speakers for TV, smartphones, tablets, and many more. Moreover, this is a great computer speaker that comes second on the list.
- It comes with auto-mix to mix sounds from two different sources
- Easy front panel volume control
- Sharp looking design
- It offers you multiple uses
- Durable build quality
- The sound is loud but is distorted and noisy
- Two mini-jacks with auto-mix play two sources at once
- Convenient front-panel volume control and headphone jack
3. Moukey 3″ Studio Monitors Bookshelf Speaker(Pair)-2.0 Powered Stereo Speakers
Next up on the list is a great studio monitor that is great for sound and music production. This is a speaker from Moukey. The brand is promising and offers you a great range of studio monitors. However, the professionals like it because it offers you studio-quality industrial design. The looks are not only the great thing about the speaker, but it also offers you a great sound. The amalgamation of 3.5 inches and a one-inch dual speaker offers optimized results.
The speakers are quite convenient to use. It is because; it has easy controls present on the main control panel of the speaker. You get knobs and switches for all the controls. The speaker also offers you multiple inputs for audio sources. The front main panel and the back panel of the speaker also come equipped with adjustment knobs. This allows you to adjust the treble and bass.
There are multiple inputs. That implies; you can use these speakers for home audio, studio recording, personal studio, computer speakers, sound quality production, and many more. You get an additional 3.5 mm RCA and a 6.35 mm wired connection. There is also a headphone jack that allows you to connect your headphones to the speaker system. The wooden enclosure of the speaker is quite durable that protects the speaker.
- High-quality sound output
- Durable speaker material
- Studio quality industrial design
- Offers convenient adjustment
- Multiple inputs
- It offers you less bass
- High quality: Studio-quality industrial design. They look as great as they sound.
- Golden combination: The combination of 3.5 inches +1 inches dual speakers is the most standard combination of monitor speakers.
4. M-Audio BX5 D3 | Compact 2-Way 5 “Active Studio Monitor Speaker for Music Production
Here comes another great studio monitor that offers you a great sound. The speaker comes with a professional class A/B amplified design with 100 watts of distributed power. The speaker is famous for precise and accurate sounds. This speaker offers you a 52-35 kHz frequency response that covers the full musical spectrum. However, the main reason why the professionals like the speaker are the transparent sound quality. In addition, you get 5-inch low-frequency drivers for greater bass.
Further, the domes of these speakers come with natural silk. This offers you optimized waveguides with seamless highs and lows. Another great thing about the speaker is the acoustic space control customization. This offers you clear and precise sound while recording. In addition, the speakers are so sonically accurate that it offers you exceptional and exact sound reproduction. The speakers also have extension low-frequency responses. This minimizes air turbulence and acoustic distortion.
This is not any ordinary speaker; rather, it is a true monitor for sound and music production. The flat frequency response is what actually creates the magic. This offers you lower distortion when you are producing any music. The speaker is also a trusted brand among some reputed mixer engineers and music production companies. The control knobs are on the backside of the speaker and are quite easy to use.
- Superior and transparent audio quality
- Acoustic space control
- Extended lower frequency response
- 100 watts of distributed power
- Easy to use
- The sound is great, but the speaker demands continuous usage
- Professional class A/B bi-amplified design with 100 watts of distributed power for studio-grade cohesive, accurate sound and ultra-wide range 52-35kHz frequency response covers full musical spectrum
- Superior transparent sound quality: 5” low-frequency drivers with Kevlar cones for rich, defined lows and 1” high-frequency drivers with natural silk domes and computer optimised waveguides for smooth, clear highs
5. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System (Black)
This is a speaker system from the Klipsch audio. The brand is well known and reputed among music professionals. However, the professional likes speaker system for the legendary sound quality. This is a 2.1 channel speaker system that is known for its THX experience. The speaker system fills the room with enhanced sound while gaming, playing media, or recording.
The speaker system has horn technology. The horn technology makes a major contribution to the clarity of the sound output that you get. The design of these speakers is also highly efficient. The design is such that it reproduces more sound. This does justice to every power of the watts. The horn technology in the speakers controls the dispersion and sends the sound straight to your ears.
The speaker system offers you maximum power output. You get a 260-watt peak power. You also get 100 dB in the room. That maximizes the sound quality to offer you great music quality. The speaker is easy to use. The plug-and-play technology allows you to easily connect it to your computer system and gain control during music production. However, this speaker is not a great recommendation if you want to mix.
- Maximum power
- Compatible with all devices, including computers
- 260 watts peak power
- Legendary sound experience
- Durable design
- It doesn’t offer you great performance while mixing
- LEGENDARY SOUND EXPERIENCE FROM KLIPSCH AND THX - The Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Speaker System pairs the legendary sound of Klipsch audio with the revolutionary THX experience, filling the room with incredible sound for gaming, movies, or music
- KLIPSCH MICROTRACTRIX HORN TECHNOLOGY makes a major contribution to the ProMedia’s amazing clarity. Their highly efficient design reproduces more sound from every watt of power, controlling the dispersion of that sound and sending it straight to your ears
6. Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers – 2.0 Stereo Active Near Field Monitors
This is another great studio monitor that comes to the list. This studio monitor is from Edifier; The brand has a quote a good name in the market. However, the professionals like the speaker for its studio sound quality; these studio monitors offer you natural sound reproduction from a 13 mm silk dome tweeter. Again the silk dome offers you the most natural and smooth audio. The full range unit that you get along with the speakers is 4 inches.
The next great thing about this studio monitor is the two aux inputs that you get. The two aux inputs allow you to connect to two different audio sources at one time and mix the music. The speakers don’t need any extra plugins or Bluetooth switch the music as well. The most enjoyable thing about the speakers is you get a remote control. The remote control allows you to access the speaker from a remote distance.
The design of the speaker is also quite classy. The wooden finish offers you a great look and improves the aesthetics of your studio. The aux inputs not only allow you to connect it to your TV, but you can also connect it to your TV, smartphones, and tablets. The speaker also comes with dual RCA inputs. That also allows you to connect to multiple devices at once.
- Precise control
- Dual Aux and RCA input
- Wooden finish
- Studio-quality sound
- It comes with a remote control
- The volume goes down when instruments and vocals are playing
- 2 x AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Connect to two devices via AUX at the same time, no plugging and switching needed. (None Bluetooth version)
- STUDIO SOUND QUALITY - Natural sound reproduction from 13mm silk dome tweeter and 4 inch full range unit
7. Edifier R980T 4″ Active Bookshelf Speakers – 2.0 Computer Speaker
The next computer speakers those are great for music production is the Edifier R980T from Edifier. Edifier has a great range of studio speakers. One of which you have already read about in the previous description. However, the reason professionals like the speakers are the 24 watt RMS power generation. These speakers are active bookshelf speaker system that offers you calibrated 24 Watt total power. You also get a flared bass reflex in the front end of the speaker.
The next reason why the professionals like the speaker most is the classic wood finish. There is a special reason behind the wooden finish. The reason is 100% wooden surrounding of the speaker offers you acoustic resonance. This even enhances the sound of the speaker. Like the previous speakers, this speaker also has two Aux inputs. With the help of dual aux input, you can easily connect it to two different devices at once.
You also get 3.5 mm RCA inputs. The wires also come with the speaker for easy connectivity. All the control knobs and the switches for the controlling are at the back end of the speakers. Although it is not easy to control, you get all the keys for easier management. The studio-quality design offers you great sound output and is great for music production.
- 24 watts RMS power output
- Classic wooden finish
- It comes with all the cables
- It offers you two Aux inputs
- It comes with two years of warranty
- The bass is not much impressive
- 24 WATTS RMS POWER OUTPUT - Active bookshelf speaker system with 24W total power output with calibrated, flared bass reflex port in front
- CLASSIC WOOD FINISH - 100% wooden enclosures to minimize acoustic resonance, Magnetically shielded speakers
8. Mackie CR3-X 3-Inch Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors Bundle with Pro Tools
The next studio monitor that comes to the list is from circuit city. This brand is also famous for offering you a great range of studio speakers. However, the professionals keep it on the list when it comes along with music editing software. The software allows you to mix and record audio with a bundle of the tool. Moreover, this speaker system is a gem for all the mixing engineers.
The next reason behind its presence on the list is the studio-quality design. The design is such that it offers you a greater sound by eliminating all the noise. These speakers are great for multimedia creation and entertainment. The speakers come equipped with professional-grade components that make them ideal for performance. The speaker comes with 1/8 inches stereo RCA cables to connect it with your computers.
The next great thing about these speakers is the ultra-wide frequency range. This is a full-range multimedia speaker that ranges from 80-kHz to 20 kHz. Besides, what is more enjoyable about these speakers is the easy control features. The speaker comes with front panel control knobs for easy operations. You can turn it on and off and control the volume from the control panel at the top. You can also connect it to your smartphones and tablets.
- Convenient front panel controls
- Ultra-wide frequency range
- Professional-grade components
- Studio-quality design
- It comes with pro tools and editing software
- No remote control
- These Mackie CR3-X Studio Monitors come with all the manufacturer accessories and 1-year USA warranty along with a 5-piece bundle which includes Mackie 3.5mm aux cable, Mackie RCA cable, Mackie speaker cable, Pro dual 1/4" stereo to 3.5mm cable and Circuit City microfiber cloth.
- Studio-quality design, sound and performance ideal for multimedia creation and entertainment
9. Pioneer Pro DJ, White (DM-40-W)
This is a speaker from a reputed brand name called Pioneer. However, why the professional keeps it on the list is a front-loaded bass reflex system. The front-loaded bass reflex offers you an enhanced sound. Further, it also comes with dm-40 S, 4-inch fiberglass woofers. The fiberglass woofers offer you a punchy bass as it grooves on the dust and reduces air friction.
The DM-40 ¾ inch soft dome tweeter is another great characteristic of this sound system. The dome tweeters also come equipped with convex deco diffusers. These diffusers channelize the high frequencies in all directions. You can also enjoy the 3D stereo sound from anywhere around the speakers. Another significant part about this speaker is the class AB amplifiers. The class AB amplifiers offer you crystal clear and crisp audio.
Further, the woofers are precisely aligned to reduce the crossovers and offer you well-balanced audio. There are RCA and stereo mini-jack inputs. These are at the back end of the speakers to connect them to any device that you want. You can connect it to your production kit to produce sound hassle-free. Besides, this amazing computer speaker for music production also does have a headphone jack at the front end. You also get volume control knobs at the front for easy operations.
- Front-loaded bass reflex system
- Soft tweeters domes
- Class AB amplifiers
- It comes with a headphone jack
- Studio-quality design
- There is no Aux input
- Features 4-inch fiberglass woofers that output a strong, punchy bass from the front, while grooves on the ducts reduce air friction
- Custom-built with ¾-inch soft dome tweeters that are fitted with DECO convex diffusers to enjoy a wide sweet spot and 3D stereo sound wherever you sit or stand
10. Donner Studio Monitors 3″ Near Field Studio Monitors with CSR 5.0 Bluetooth
Here is the last Studio monitor in the list that is for music production and is also suitable for live streaming and podcasting. The speaker is from Donner, which is a great brand when it comes to audio equipment. However, the main reason why the professional like the studio monitor is the wide range of connectivity. Earlier, you may have noticed the speaker with aux and RCA inputs in the list. However, this one is different as it also comes with Bluetooth connectivity.
Besides, the speaker offers you a high-definition near-field active studio monitor. You get a 40-watt class D two-way speaker. This enables you to get the studio-quality sound design. Another great thing about the speaker is the accurate frequency response and precise acoustic field; Not every studio monitor offers you acoustic fields. Further, the silk dome tweeters are another great feature that brings smoothness to sound. The natural silk offers deep bass and clear sound.
The most engaging feature of this speaker is the 5.0 wireless Bluetooth. This allows you to connect to any device without the need for any wire. You can also get the Dyna series, studio monitors. This will enhance your understanding and enjoyment of the audio; The speaker comes with a rich and practical interface. With ¼ inch TRS balanced inputs, you get a balanced sound. The speakers are also a great output device for live music and podcasting.
- High-definition sound
- Silk dome tweeter for smooth sound
- 5.0 wirelesses Bluetooth enabled
- Rich and practical interface
- Great for live music
- The sound is not much impressive
- 【High-definition near-field active studio monitor】40-watt class D two-way high-definition near-field active studio monitor.Studio quality design, accurate frequency response, precise acoustic field.
- 【1-inch silk-dome tweeter, 3-inch (Dyna3) woven woofer】Professional acoustic adjusters and speakers，Room Space and HF Trim adjustments for acoustic room reflections.
See Also: Best Soundbar Under $300
Buying Guide: How to Determine the Best Studio Seaker
Now that you are clear with the reviews of the top ten best studio monitors, you will need a buying guide. It is because; the top ten lists may also confuse you. Further, the studio monitor speaker comes in various shapes, sizes, and types as well. Thus, if you want to buy the best studio monitor, you need to think about many attributes that matter. Here are some factors that you should consider while buying studio monitors.
1. Monitor Speaker Layout
The first thing that you need to consider is the monitor speaker layout. The layout might be a small thing for you, but it matters a lot. You should look for the ideal speaker in a two-way speaker with one woofer dedicated to producing low frequencies. The Dome tweeter must be such that it kicks out high-mid and high frequencies.
The speakers that offer you a separate crossover filter are also great for you. There are even speakers that are three-way. It employs more drivers to offer you even greater sound. Thus, if you are choosing any speaker, you should consider the layout of the speaker.
2. What Size do You Need?
The next thing that you need to consider is the size of the studio monitors. In general, the professional evaluates the speakers with size. This is because; the bigger it is, the more power it will produce. The greater size will also offer you an acoustic field. Thus, while choosing any studio monitor, you should also be clear about the size of the speakers. The big and loudspeaker can easily offer you great sound in a smaller space.
3. Where Will Place Your Studio Speakers in the Studio?
Hearing distance also plays a vital role. There are two types of speakers that you can find generally. One is the near-field speaker. These speakers must be within a range that is closer to the ears of the listener. However, the far-field speakers are those speakers that are great for a professional studio.
It offers you a great experience even if the studio monitors are far from the listener.
4. The Connectivity
The modes of connectivity are another great attribute that you can never miss out on. You would always expect the aux input along with 3.5 mm RCA. In addition, there are some of the speakers that come with dual Aux inputs. This allows you to get audio from two different sources at a time.
In some modern-day studio monitors, you are also getting Bluetooth connectivity. Thus, these are the attributes that you should consider while buying any studio monitors.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I Use Computer Speakers as Studio Monitors?
Yes! You can use the computer speaker as a studio monitor. However, you would not get the same outcome.
2. What Speakers do Music Producers Use?
The music producers use several types of studio monitors and speakers. However, the most popular among them is the Presonus Eris E3.5-3.5″ Near Field Studio Monitor and the Yamaha NX-50
3. What are the Best Speakers for a Studio?
Presonus and Yamaha are two great brands that offer you great speakers for the studio. You can find the Yamaha NX-50 on the above list, and this a good speaker for a studio.
4. Why are Studio Monitors so Expensive?
The studio speakers are expensive as they allow you to record and mix the music.
5. What’s the Difference Between Studio Monitors and Regular Speakers?
Studio monitors are for music production. It allows you to record and mix the sound. However, the regular speakers don’t have many features.
Keeping it concise, this is the review of the top computer speaker for music production. Now that you know the review, you should buy the best one that suits your choice. However, you should also consider the buying guide. The buying comes crafted by the professionals to help you make the best decision. If you have any more uncertainties or suggestions, you can leave your comment in the comment section below.