To create something unique with Prismacolor markers, you need suitable papers. If you don’t use compatible paper, your whole effort can go in vain. So, it’s essential to pick up quality papers. We have selected the 10 best paper for Prismacolor markers for you in this article.
Table of Contents
- Factors to consider
- Top 10 best paper for Prismacolor markers
- 1. Bee Paper Bleedproof Marker Pad
- 2. Canson Artist Series Pro Layout Marker Pad
- 3. Sketch Paper Pad: Blank Sketch Pad Notepad
- 4. Sketch Book: Personalized Artist Sketchbook
- 5. Bienfang Sketch Pad
- 6. Bianyo Bleedproof Marker Paper Pad
- 7. Premium Sketch Marker Paper Pad
- 8. Mi-Teintes Pastel Pad
- 9, Bellofy 100-Sheet Sketchpad Artist Pro
- 10. illo Sketchbook
- Overall Ideas
Factors to consider
There are a few factors that can contribute to picking up an excellent paper. So, I will state those for you.
- Finish: The finish of a paper is connected to its texture. The more texturized a paper would be, the rougher it would be. The rougher paper let the color settle inside it, which results in a deeper or vivid color. The finish of a paper is very crucial as the color requires something to grab on to. If you use a tremendously smooth paper, it will have a difficult time to grab the color.
- On the other hand, if you use rough paper, the paper will grab too much color. So, the painting is maybe not coming out as you intend. There are standard finishes such as rough, cold press, and hot press. Rough means full of texture. Hotpress means smooth, and it’s suitable for detailed work where subtleness is more significant than deep layers of color. However, the cold press is the most popular among the artists. It is something middle between a rough and hot press. Here, you will find a perfect balance between smoothness and texture to let more details with pencils.
- Paper Weight: On the market, we find different weights of paper. But remember that the thicker the paperweight, the more paint/wax/etc. So, the thing is that if you plan to sketch with many layers, a higher weight paper would fit you better. On the other hand, if you plan to do something light with a single layer, a lower weight might suit you better.
- Fiber: Fiber refers to the particular material which is being used to build the paper. The two most common kinds are cellulose and cotton. Usually, the cotton comes from various sources, including jute, flax, hemp, and bamboo. High-quality cotton last longers. They are also quite pricey.
- Sizing: The higher is the size level, the less moisture plus pigment will be absorbed. Even though it seems a bad thing, it is supposed to assist in safeguarding the paper plus keep the paper looking crisp over time. It’s crucial to find something that provides a perfect balance between having sufficient absorbency to soak up the color and not to absorb to the level that you saturate the paper. So, it falls apart over time.
- Stretch level: Some papers are required to be stretched before use. The variation will exist among rolls, single sheets, and sketchpads.
- Dimensions: The paper comes in an array of sizes. It entirely depends on your requirements, which size of paper you buy. If you want to do simple drawing, a small sketch pad suit you; on the other hand, if you’re going to do something extremely professional, you may need a larger side.
Top 10 best paper for Prismacolor markers
We picked up the top 10 best paper for Prismacolor markers for your convenience to help your journey. We researched the market very carefully as we understand how delightfully quirky you can be about your artwork. So, enjoy your ride with us and pick up the suitable one.
1. Bee Paper Bleedproof Marker Pad
This bleed proof marker pad is one of the best paper for Prismacolor pencils.
- It acid-free, so very safer to use.
- These natural white sheets are ultra-smooth.
- This marker pad is approved for use with Copic pens.
- It can be used with a pen, ink, technical pens, crowquill pens, water-based, or permanent markers.
- They can go through a printer.
- This paper is also suitable for sketching and calligraphy.
- These 30 sheets are durable enough to withstand wet media.
- It can hold up several layers of ink.
- This pad is bleed-proof.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 11 x 0.2 x 14 inches.
- Weight: The shipping weight is around 1.1 pounds
- A few customers think it’s a bit thinner.
The quality of this paper is fantastic. It is an excellent surface for Prismacolor markers, Copic pens, or any other pencil.
2. Canson Artist Series Pro Layout Marker Pad
This semi-translucent white paper is ideal for design or drawing. It is compatible with an alcohol marker, Copic marker, Prismacolor markers, pen or pencil, etc.
- The markers will not bleed through.
- This pad contains 50 sheets.
- This pad is acid-free.
- It dries slower, so it provides you enough time to blend.
- The paper can run through a printer.
- The papers are ideal for tracing and reproduction.
- The papers do not bleed.
- It is suitable for calligraphy and illustration.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 14 x 11 x 0.3 inches.
- Item Weight: The weight of the product is around 1 pound.
- The pages incline to come apart quickly.
The quality of the product is outstanding. This paper works wonderfully with Prismacolor markers.
3. Sketch Paper Pad: Blank Sketch Pad Notepad
This sketch paper contains 100 pages and 50 sheets.
- This sketch paper pad is suitable for drawing, sketching, idea ¬e taking.
- The paper is smooth.
- The paper is thick.
- It has professional-grade binding.
- Durable cover-matter finish.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 8.5 x 0.2 x 11 inches
- Shipping weight: The weight of the product is around 12 ounces.
- The pages are quite thin.
This product can be the right choice for Prismacolor pencils.
4. Sketch Book: Personalized Artist Sketchbook
This sketchbook is suitable for sketch, painting, doodling, writing, painting, and drawing.
- The cover is very sturdy.
- Great size.
- It contains 109 pages.
- Lower price.
- This sketchbook is suitable for colored pencils, crayons, watercolor paints, plus very light fine tip markers.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 8.5 x 0.2 x 11 inches.
- Weight: The weight of the product is 10.4 ounces.
- It bleeds slightly.
- Not suitable for professional use.
This is a student grade product. The price is quite affordable.
5. Bienfang Sketch Pad
This Bienfang Sketch Pad features 100 lightweight sheets.
- This sketch pad is suitable for experimentation, quick studies, or practicing techniques.
- It is ideal for a studio or classroom.
- It is ideal for colored pencils, pens, ink, oil pastel, soft pastel, graphite, charcoal, and Conte crayons.
- These white papers are acid-free.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 11 x 9.2 x 0.5 inches.
- Shipping Weight: The weight of the product is around 1.3 pounds.
- It slightly bleeds.
This is a good quality sketch pad, which is excellent for journaling or sketching.
6. Bianyo Bleedproof Marker Paper Pad
This Bianyo bleed proof marker pad contains 50 sheets.
- The papers are thinner. So, they last for a long time.
- The sheets are acid-free, so very safe to use.
- They are compatible with Prismacolor markers, Bianyo, and Copic markers.
- The surface of these sheets is ultra-smooth, making a fantastic surface for use with ink and pen.
- The colors are vibrant.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 11.7 x 8.3 x 0.4 inches.
- Shipping weight: The weight of the product is 12 ounces.
- The paper is too thin. So, it doesn’t work well with watercolor.
This marker paper pad is bleed-proof And quite a great product at an affordable price.
7. Premium Sketch Marker Paper Pad
This versatile marker paper pad is perfect for design or drawing from rough sketch to finished form.
- This product is made of eco-friendly materials. It’s acid-free.
- This product is suitable for sketching plus mixed media.
- The paper works charmingly with a pencil or pen.
- This pad contains 50 sheets.
- The company provides a 3-year warranty and a 90-day money-back policy. You will also get 24 hours online customer service.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 11.7 x 8.3 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping weight: The weight of the product is around 12.8 ounces.
- Not yet found.
This semi-translucent white paper is the best surface for alcohol markers and Prismacolor markers.
8. Mi-Teintes Pastel Pad
This pad is renowned worldwide as the most fabulous paper for papercraft, drawing, and pastel.
- This pad has a dual surface—one side with a lighter texture and the other with a dense texture.
- This pad contains 24 sheets.
- The lightfast paper is colored at the pulp level.
- The papers resist fading.
- All colors are acid-free.
- The papers can run through a printer.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 12 x 9 x 0.3 inches
- Shipping weight: the weight of the product is around 13.6 ounces.
- It may not take layers of chalk well.
Well, this one is quite a standard pad to use. I highly recommend it for beginners.
9, Bellofy 100-Sheet Sketchpad Artist Pro
This premium artist paper is perfect for drawing, sketching, cartoons, manga, stippling, still life, and practicing new styles.
- The premium surface is ideal for most mediums such as watercolors, acrylic paint, charcoal, pencil, or ink.
- The sketch paper is smooth and robust. It absorbs lines and colors more readily. So, there is less risk of smudges, blotching, and accidents.
- It contains 100 sheets.
- This paper does excellent with watercolor.
- It doesn’t bleed. This sketchbook includes 100 drawing sheets. Their weight is heavy.
- It has top coil closure to make it usable by left and right-handed artists.
- This sketchbook is recycled and acid-free.
- It has a thick, smooth surface
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 12 x 1 x 9 inches.
- Shipping weight: the weight of the product is 2.78 pounds.
- It’s not very compatible with crayons.
This is one of the best papers that you ever have across on the market. It’s exclusively designed for both left and right-hand artists. You will love it.
10. illo Sketchbook
This sketchbook comes with a durable cover to keep your drawing safe.
- This paper is terrific for most art mediums, pens, pastels and markers, pencils, inks, and light watercolor washes.
- This sketchbook has a perfect size.
- It is well-built.
- The paper is thick and smooth.
- Product dimension: The dimension of the product is 8 x 1 x 8 inches.
- Shipping weight: The weight of the product is n1.2 pounds.
- This paper isn’t acid-free.
This sketchbook would be a lovely addition to your art supplies.
These are our top 10 best paper for Prismacolor markers, So, understand your requirements and choose wisely. However, if I need to recommend any paper, then I will choose. Bellofy 100-Sheet Sketchpad Artist Pro. This is a versatile paper which can be used by a lot of media.
Most importantly, it can be used by left and right-hand artists, which is incredible. It’s acid-free. Appropriately enough, it’s equally beginner-friendly and professional .friendly.
However, the final call is yours. So, whatever decision you make, best luck with that.
I hope your adventure will allow us to enjoy some best artworks. If you would like to share anything, comment below.
Last update on 2020-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API