Metal forming is a complicated job, but you can make this job a simple one with the right tools. To be the best at what you do, you need the best tube bender. Finding the right tube bender can be challenging.
This article will walk you through the best tubing benders, providing you with the information and buying guide to know what you are investing in.
As you must know, there is a wide range of tube benders in the market. Each of these is designed for a specific purpose. This article will cover details on each tube bender, followed by tips on finding the best tube bender for you.
Top 10 best tubing benders
Since 1989, CPS products are dominating the market massively. According to them, their establishment is founded by technicians for technicians. Anyway, let’s move on to the features of the product.
The CPS BLACKMAX BTB300 is designed with “ratchet crossbow” technology. Hence it’s delightfully suitable for bending aluminum tubes and soft copper tubes up to 90 degrees. Interestingly, that can be done in both “reverse” and “forward” configurations.
You might be appealed to know it comes with seven mandrels, which are quick-change color-coded. Besides that, it comes with a carrying case that is made of sturdy molded plastic. Therefore, it’s robust enough to keep all the materials safely.
Weighing 8.8 pounds, Blackmax is all about convenience. BTB300 measures 10 x 3 x 10 inches and works on a manual source. It does not require any batteries, and neither does it come with any.
Customer satisfaction is high for this product, and the 4.8 starred review makes it the best manual tube bender out there in the market.
- BTB300 is designed to give you the right grip that prevents any slipping
- The bar placed in the BTB300 prevents crimping on copper pipes.
- The head is made of aluminum, making it more durable.
- Colored dots make it easier to use
- Offers reverse bending for increased functionality.
- it does not work on steel and only on soft tubes.
- It does not come with a 1″ diameter.
Made with a heavy-duty steel frame, it’s used for the task of pipe bending. Typically, it’s best suited for tough materials, for instance, stainless steel pipe, circle steel pipe, circle-steel pipe, wire pipe, and metal pipe, etc.
Further, this tube bender comes with 7 dies that can be utilized to adapt brackets and assist other elements in your working field.
This tube bender is exclusively designed to operate on pipes with a wall thickness of 0.03-0.08 inches. The external length of the half-circle is from 80mm to 195mm.
It is a manual tube bender that does not run on batteries and requires 220 volts of voltage. Measuring 21.3 x 8.5 x 6 inches, it is the best tube bender for roll cages.
Happybuy tube bender is best suited for making a variety of bends on both flat and round stock. It can bend tubing around 0.08” of wall thickness.
What makes it distinctive is the ease of operations and low maintenance that it offers. Being lightweight makes it easy to carry around or mount on tractors or trucks. The USP of this tube bender is the exclusive sliding mechanism that helps place formers fast in the ideal tube diameter.
- Sturdy and portable, ideal for carrying on-site
- Made with steel, hence this tube bender works on a variety of materials
- 7 dies help fulfill multiple bending purposes
- Works on both flat and round stocks
- Size changes are simple because of the sliding mechanism incorporated in it.
- This includes only round dies and not square dies.
- It doesn’t come with an instruction manual making it difficult to understand
Weighing 56 pounds, the Woodward fab tube can bend square and round pipes and tubes up to 2 inches in diameter.
The product comes with CNC machined components that help make the process of pipe bending even more precise.
After that, the product measurements are 24 x 18 x 12 inches making it a bigger product than others. The tube also comes with a handle that is 29 inches long and a degree ring that is engraved; however, these items have to be paid for separately.
Being a highly-priced manual product, the Woodward fab scores only 3.8 stars on the overall customer satisfaction rating.
Its USP can bend tubes measuring up to 2 inches in diameter, making Woodward fab the best tube bender for HVAC. Good for you.
- The product’s durability, as well as quality, is exceptional.
- It can bend both square and round tubes.
- It comes with CNC machined components making the tubing process even more precise.
- The product is well packed, and all the parts are placed in order. Hence, you get the product safe and sound.
- The 29-inch stand and the degree ring make it even more convenient to use
- The degree ring is not stamped, and hence it does not last very long.
- The dies are sold separately. Consequently, you may have to spend some extra bucks.
Weighing a mere 10.5 pounds, the Hilmor compact bender is one of its kind. Its proprietary design helps it to fit where I must have to say; other tubes have to compromise the quality of the bens
The bender is easy to set up as all you need is to place the desired crossbar and a mandrel onto the handle. Then you click the pumping lever into position and placing the tube between the bar and mandrel; you’re all ready to go.
The bender is also very user-friendly as it comes with color-coded mandrels for different tube sizes ranging from 1/4 to 7/8 inches. It also smoothens the process through a hydraulic swaging tool.
Interestingly enough. The innovative release lever also helps operate the bender with one hand, and the bender body and reverse bending attachment make Hilmor compact bender an entire package.
Its design makes it a bender that works best with soft tubes and pipes such as copper, steel, aluminum, and brass.
- The stiffer metal mandrels help give better bends to tubes.
- The reverse bending adds on is, undoubtedly, a distinctive feature of Hilmor.
- The dies used with it are made of aluminum. Therefore, you can rely on the quality.
- The product is straightforward to assemble as no screws are needed for the process.
- The hydraulic swaging tool helps save time and make bends without crinkles or thinning.
- The bow is somehow larger for tubes smaller than 7/8 inches making it a little less convenient to use
- Sometimes, product durability has been compromised. Thus, it may not last for a long time.
Made of diecast aluminum, the imperial tube bender weighs a mere 2.43 pounds.
The imperial tool is cheap and user-friendly as it comes with calibrated markings for marking right left hand, right hand, and offset bends.
With cushion grips attached to its end and lightweight die aluminum used in its design, the imperial product is one of the most comfortable tube benders you’ll ever come across.
The bender comes with an optimum bending radius; however, tubes such as the brake lines may be too small for the bender. It requires a minimum ¼-inch radius to bend without thinning.
The comfort level, the easy accessibility, and the extremely low-price level make the Imperial 370-FH the best tubing bender for stainless steel. Sound good, right?
- The low price is the imperial’s biggest advantage.
- The overall structure of the tool makes it easy and comfortable to use.
- It can effectively bend stainless steel without causing any problems.
- The product is lightweight and hence can be easily carried.
- It can bend a small stretch of tubing up to 90 degrees without causing any discrepancies.
- The size of the bender might be different from that mentioned in the box.
- It cannot be used to bend tubes lesser than ¼ inch in diameter, such as brake lines.
Weighing 6.61 pounds, the RIDGID 38048 is designed specifically for high-quality bending.
RIDGID helps to bend hard materials like steel and titanium but can easily bend stainless steel, unlike many other benders available in the market.
The heavy-duty model’s multi-stage design allows in-place bending from 90 degrees to 180 degrees without even crossing handles. This feature makes the product accessible and user-friendly.
Further, the 16-inch handle attached to RIDGID not only helps avoid complications during bending but also nullifies the need to exert extra force on the lever.
The bender’s outer diameter capacity goes up to half an inch, and its bend radius can be as high as 1.5 inches. The clamp attached to the bender form provides further stability during the procedure.
The availability of comfort and precision at a slightly low price makes RIDGID the best tubing bender for money. Isn’t she divine?
- The design of the product is attractive and strong.
- The tube bends pipes without causing any spots or thinning.
- It is an excellent option for bending stainless steel.
- The lightweight of the product makes it easy to carry and use
- An instruction manual is delivered with the product to help guide while using.
- It might end up edging the tubing in some instances.
- The bender has not proved to be useful when it comes to heavy gauge tubing
The Goplus is a 68-pound hydraulic tube bender constructed of premium steel. Its solid base helps hold tubes weighing up to 12 tonnes.
Meanwhile, the hydraulic system plus a pull-back spring system helps the user get done with challenging tasks more efficiently. Sounds impressive, right?
To adjust the rollers to meet the requirements of the bending angle of the tube, you can set the bending bars at a distance of 22-1/2″, 19-1/2″, 16-3/4″,12″,11-1/4″, and 8-1/2″ inches. The adjustable bars make it easier to account for tubes of various sizes.
The Goplus is usually used to carry out tasks like construction, as it can easily bend heavy pipes and tubes up to an angle of 180 degrees without causing any spots.
Moreover, the product also includes six precision cast dies of 1-1/12”, 1-1/4”, 1”, 3/4”, 1/2”, and 2 inches hence making it an all in one product.
The adjustability, durability, and efficiency of the Goplus make it the best hydraulic bending tube. Indeed, you will have a great time with this one.
- The bender is easy to use and adjustable at different angles.
- The product’s structure helps support heavy products, and hence it is useful in large scale projects.
- The dies are included in the package and hence do not have to be sought for separately.
- Unlike many other benders, the Goplus can bend tubes up to 180 degrees.
- Its price is low compared to the heavy structure and variability it provides.
- The bender is not durable, according to some consumers.
- It is too heavy. So, you might face some difficulty in carrying it.
Made of diecast aluminum, the imperial tool 470FH is a light weighted bender weighing only 1.32 pounds.
The tool comes with a quick-action indexing lever that repositions the two-stage handle midway through the bend. This, in turn, can help make bends of up to 180 degrees without exerting extra force or crossing the handles.
An optimum bending radius is provided to adjust for tubes of different sizes and their cushions attached to the handles to make the tool more comfortable and user-friendly.
The imperial tool can bend any tube up to 3/8 inches in diameter.
Its low price and ease of usage make the Imperial Tool the best budget tube bender. Certainly, this product should be the first choice for budget-friendly people.
- The design of the tool makes it very comfortable to grip.
- It can make large bends of up to 180 degrees.
- The meager price makes it a perfect tool to buy if you have a low budget.
- The tool does not leave any kinking marks on the tube while bending it.
- The quick-action indexing makes it easy to use
- The tool cannot be used to bend stainless steel or make two bends close by
- The dies provided might not match the requirements of the size of the tube that needs to be bent
The OTC 6515 is a simple bending tool that weighs a mere 1.05 pounds.
Its most distinctive feature is how one single tool can work on three diverse types of tube sizes measuring 3/8, 1/4, and 5/16 inches. Hence, it is called a 3 1 tool.
If you want to make a 180-degree bend in materials like copper, brass, or steel, then the OTC is your best option available at a considerably lower price.
In addition to that, the product has two handles with a rough gripping that need to be forced upon when one decides to make a bend.
Meanwhile, the tubing bender is designed for round tubing and is used to make bends on round pipes.
Its meager price makes OTC a cheap tube bender. Thus, if you have a tight budget, it could be a fantastic choice for you.
- The low price of the product makes it extremely budget-friendly.
- The OTC is a 3 1 product, and hence it provides the option of bending multiple sized tubes using a single tool.
- It can bend tubes up to 180 degrees.
- The long handles help bring precision to the task of bending.
- It might not be a heavy-duty product, but it certainly is well crafted.
- It cannot be used for square tubing.
- The tool might flatten the inside of the tube while bending it.
The ABN brake line tubing is an 8.3-ounce tube bender that can effortlessly bend aluminum, brass, copper, plus additional thin-walled steel tubing. Most importantly, there won’t be any damaging flattening metal.
The ABN includes three distinct channels to work on the three most common tube sizes: 1/4, 3/8, or 5/16 inches.
Speaking of bending, this tool is delightfully precise. Therefore, it has clearly marked distinctions of angles on tubing bending pliers.
The tools are incredibly convenient to use as all you need to do place the metal along the pilers; afterward, utilize the handle to bend through it. ABN also keeps durability in mind, and hence the tool is made using high-quality material.
Its distinctive channels and angles make Abn the best tubing bender for brake lines.
- The ABN is for consumers who have a tight budget.
- Its high quality makes it highly stable.
- The marked channels and angles make the task even more precise and efficient
- The tool is straightforward to use for bending brake lines
- The bending is clean and does not leave any spots behind
- The pivot points of the Abn are too sloppy
- It does not perform well on coiled copper tubing
These are our top 10 best tubing benders. Thus, understand your requirements and choose wisely.
Anyway, now is the time when we announce today’s best for consumer products. And it is – RIDGID 38048 Model 608 Heavy-Duty Pipe Bender, 1/2-inch Tubing Bender, which we pick up as the best tube bender option to go for.
Certainly, some factors play a crucial role when it comes to picking up this tube bender. However, our consumer reports’ most important one is where it earned the most popular choice among consumers.
Besides that, it’s the most user-friendly tube bender that ever exists on the market. It’s also highly portable. Hence it can be carried anywhere. The set up seems super fun and straightforward.
You will be beautifully surprised to see how this tube bender gives a powerful performance. Interestingly, the tool’s ability to bend stainless steel makes it a hot choice among consumers.
Anyway, the final call is yours. So, whatever decision you make, best luck with that. If you have any questions or suggestions, comment below.
Factors to consider while buying tube bender
When deciding to buy a tube bender, you might want to take a set of factors into account. If any of these variables are ignored, you might end up being dissatisfied.
The primary factor is your own personal budget. As is evident in the products’ list, these tube benders range from $25 to $400. Hence your own budget is a key factor in deciding which tool to buy.
Secondly, you should evaluate how user-friendly a particular product is. If a tool can bend accurately but is not easy to use or is not efficient, you will tend to be dissatisfied. Hence, go for a product that is time-saving and easy to use.
One of the most vital factors to consider is your exact requirement. As you have seen, every tool has its own USP. Hence, your decision might vary according to your particular requirements. For instance, if you primarily want to bend stainless steel, you will go for a different bender than when you want to bend a brake line.
Range of the bender
The range of tasks the bender is performing will also be a key factor taken into account. For instance, if a single tool bender can be used to bend tubes of different diameters, you might want to opt for it. If a tool can work on both round and square surfaces, it will be better than working on only one surface.
The overall performance of the bender also plays a vital role when we pick up a tube bender. We have highlighted how some products can leave behind spots or flatten the outer surface during the bending process. You definitely wouldn’t want to buy such a product as it isn’t effective at all. Hence, its ability to perform a clean task is also very vital.
The return policy, after-sales service, and delivery timing are also amongst other factors that you should take into account when making a decision.
When all these factors are taken into account simultaneously, you will make a much better and informed decision. This will mean a better outcome and higher satisfaction with the choice that you made.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a tube bender?
A tube bender is a gadget that is utilized to bend tubing of different materials, for instance, stainless steel, copper, to create myriad curves and angles. Four types of pipe benders are available on the market. For instance. 1. Mechanical. 2. Electric. 3. Hydraulic. 4. Manual Anyway, these types only highlight the different ways or processes adopted. The basic purpose of a tube bender remains the same. It is to bend the tube or pipe while causing minimum flattening and crimping.
How does a tube bender work?
First of all, put the pipe that you would like to bend in. Then, set the pipe for the preferred direction of the bend. This step also depends on how old your machine is and how much adjustment it may require of stoppers. Afterward, the pipe is bent by a hydraulic system. when you try to bend a tube traditionally, it collapses. Hence you shouldn’t try that. You should use a tube bender in such cases. It enhances the radius of the bend, also ensures that the size is safe. Therefore, the tube never collapses.