Top handle chainsaws are growing more and more popular among chainsaw users. It is because they are shorter and more compact as they lack a back handle. As a result, the operator of a top handle chainsaw can cut the woods located in an elevated area as they are easy to pick.
In addition to this, you can also operate a top handle chainsaw with one hand as well. Furthermore, these chainsaws are the best option in limited space. Hence, a top handle chainsaw is the best option for arborists and homeowners.
Being a professional logger, I will recommend you to have one of the best top handle chainsaws with you. It is because chainsaws are not only made for felling and limbing trees from the ground. But, also for removing unwanted branches and doing woodworks in elevated areas.
But, I will like to ask you do you know one of the best top-handle chainsaws in the market. If not, you might end up wasting your money on an inferior product. In order to ensure that you do not end up wasting your hard-earned money, I am formulating this guide which will apprise you about the 5 best top-handle chainsaws in the market.
5 Best Top Handle Chainsaws
In case if you are in a hurry, then you may pick one of the chainsaws which I am listing below. However, if you want to learn about all the aspects of the chainsaw before you make a purchase. Then, I will seriously recommend reading this guide till the end.
I am recommending you to read this article till the end because I will be analyzing all the factors of the best top-handle chainsaws in our list. These factors are the pricing, reviews, goodwill, ratings, e.t.c. After going through these factors you will surely develop a better understanding of the best top handle chainsaws. Furthermore, you will also be able to differentiate between them and determine which is the best top handle chainsaw for you. Hence, let us head straight towards the list of the 5 best top handle chainsaws.
1. Echo Chain Saw, Gas, 12 in. Bar, 26.9CC
If you are looking for a lightweight chainsaw for light-duty work. Then, I assure you that this is the best chainsaw in the market. It is because this chainsaw just weighs 11 pounds. As a result, this chainsaw is very easy to carry.
In addition to the lightweight, this chainsaw has a 26.9cc 2 strokes engine. Hence, this engine is powerful enough to easily chew through firewood.
This chainsaw is super smooth to operate as well. It is because the bar of this chainsaw is 12 inches long which can easily cut a tree of 10 inches in diameter. Secondly, in order to ensure that this chainsaw continues to run smoothly this chainsaw has an automatic clutch-driven oiler, which automatically lubricates the chainsaw. Lastly, this chainsaw has an i-30TM starting system which ensures that the saw will start in a couple of pulls.
The price of this chainsaw is around 350 dollars, which is the average price of top-handle chainsaws. However, when you compare the features and specifications of this chainsaw with others, you will notice that this chainsaw proves to be the best top-handle chainsaw in the given price range. Hence, this chainsaw is surely one of the best top handle chainsaws.
Pros and Cons Of Echo Top Handle Chainsaw
Just like any other chainsaw, this chainsaw also haves its set of pros and cons. It will be very lucrative for you to go through them. It is because they will help you in finalizing the decision regarding which is the best top handle chainsaw for you.
- The weight of this chainsaw is just 11 pounds which makes it very easy to carry around.
- The i-30TM starting system ensures that the chainsaw gets started easily.
- Has an inbuilt chain brake system for safety purposes.
- Cheaper top handle chainsaws are also available. Hence, if you are having a tight budget then this chainsaw is not the best option for you.
- This chainsaw is not fit for professional or heavy-duty work.
2. Husqvarna 966997203 T435 Top Handle Saw
This chainsaw is for those who want the best of the best top handle chainsaws available. Furthermore, they are also ready to pay for the premium performance.
It is because the price of this chainsaw is above 600 dollars. But, the features and the specifications of this chainsaw are really mind-boggling.
This 7.5-pound lightweight chainsaw runs on a 35.2cc 2-stroke engine gas-powered engine with a 12-inch bar. As a result, this chainsaw can easily chew through any kind of wood.
This chainsaw emits very few fumes and is environmentally friendly as well. Furthermore, it has an adjustable oil pump which ensures that an adequate amount of oil is present in the chainsaw. In addition to this, it also ensures that the wastage of oil is also eliminated.
This chainsaw is super safe as well. It is because this chainsaw uses Husqvarna’s Lowvib technology. This technology reduces the vibration of the chainsaw by 50%. As a result, the chances of kickbacks are reduced to a great extent. Furthermore, this chainsaw also haves an inertia-activated chain brake which stops the bar from kicking back. Hence, this chainsaw is very safe to operate.
Pros and Cons Husqvarna 966997203 T435 Top Handle Chainsaw
There is hardly any con of this chainsaw and this chainsaw is evidently the best top handle chainsaw in the market. However, in order to make it a complete guide for you, I am listing the pros and the cons(few) of this chainsaw.
- This chainsaw consumes lesser oil as compared to other chainsaws.
- A negligible amount of fumes are emitted out of this chainsaw.
- You can occasionally do heavy-duty work with this chainsaw.
- LowVib and inertia activated chain brake system ensure maximum safety of the operator.
- The chainsaw is quite expensive and out of the budget of a good number of users.
3. PINKWAY 2-Cycle Top Handle Saw Gas Powered Chainsaw
This is the best bang for the bucks chainsaw of our best top handle chainsaw list. It is because this chainsaw is very affordable and is of amazing quality.
This chainsaw costs around 150 dollars which is very affordable. But, please keep in mind that it is a budget chainsaw, and comparing its features with the former two chainsaws of our best top handle chainsaws list will be outlandish.
However, I am not saying that it is an inferior chainsaw. It is because this chainsaw has all the basic features which we need to have in the best top handle chainsaw.
Firstly, this chainsaw is lightweight as its weight is 8.27 pounds. Secondly, the bar length of this chainsaw is 12 inches. Hence, we can cut the branches and trees of a diameter of 10 inches easily. Thirdly, the chainsaw runs on a 26cc 2 stroke Gasoline Engine. Therefore, this chainsaw can do all light-duty tasks like woodwork easily and smoothly. Lastly, this chainsaw has a mechanism that ensures an easy start of the chainsaw.
Hence, this chainsaw has all the features which we need to have in one of the best top handle chainsaws. Therefore, this chainsaw is surely the bang for the buck in our “best top handle chainsaw” list.
Pros and Cons of PINKWAY 2-Cycle Top H
It is evident that a budget chainsaw will have some flaws. It is because the manufacturers can not include all the features at a low price. Hence, I will recommend you to go through the pros and the cons of this chainsaw before finalizing your decision.
- This chainsaw is very affordable.
- It also has a quick start technology to ensure that the chainsaw gets started easily.
- The weight of the chainsaw is under 9 pounds hence it is portable and easy to carry.
- Not fit for professional work.
- The maximum length of the guide bar of this chainsaw is 12 inches. While all the other chainsaws discussed till now haves a higher maximum length.
- A small fraction of customers stated that this chainsaw stopped working after a couple of months.
4. DEWALT 20V MAX XR Chainsaw Kit
This is the first battery chainsaw on our best top handle chainsaws list. It is for those customers who wish to go for a battery-powered chainsaw.
This chainsaw performs up to 70 cuts per charge because the motor of the chainsaw is brushless. Hence, you need not worry about the run time for your next DIY project. In addition to this, the 20V battery and the 12-inch bar ensure that you always have the required power for getting the job done.
The most mesmerizing feature of the battery-powered top handle chainsaw is the comfort. This chainsaw starts with a single pull of the trigger and produces negligible noise. Furthermore, this chainsaw has a tool-free chain tensioner which further simplifies the task. Lastly, the weight of this chainsaw is around 8 pounds. Hence, it is very easy to carry this chainsaw around.
The price of this chainsaw is very affordable as well because it costs around 300 dollars. Furthermore, in the long run, it will prove even more economical because it does not require fueling. Hence, this chainsaw surely deserves to be on the list of best top-handle chainsaws.
Pros and Cons of DEWALT 20V MAX XR Chainsaw Kit
There are certain advantages and certain limitations to a battery-powered chainsaw. Considering both of them is quite important while making a purchase. Hence, please pay close attention to the pros and cons of this chainsaw given below.
- Operates quietly and does not produce harmful fumes.
- Strong and durable brushless motor, which ensures that the bar chews through the woods smoothly.
- Tool-free chain tensioning simplifies the daunting task of chain tensioning.
- Economical in the long run because we do not require oil for running battery-powered chainsaws.
- We will get a more powerful gas-powered chainsaw at the same price.
- We need to charge this chainsaw in advance if we want to operate it at a specific time.
- The cutting time of the chainsaw is limited to the life of the battery.
5. Makita XCU02PT 36V (18V X2) LXT 12″ Chain Saw
This is the last but not the least chainsaw on our list of the best top handle chainsaws. This is also a battery-powered chainsaw. But, this chainsaw is way better than the battery-powered chainsaws of other brands because of two reasons. Firstly, this chainsaw has LXT batteries provided by Makita which is the finest in the market. Secondly, this chainsaw takes two 18V batteries. As a result, this chainsaw is twice as powerful as an average battery chainsaw.
In addition to the powerful battery, this chainsaw runs at the rate of 1,600 FPM (feet per minute) and the length of its guide bar is 12 inches. Hence, we can expect a phenomenal performance from this chainsaw as we can even cut small and medium-size trees with this chainsaw.
Lastly, this chainsaw also has a tool-less chain tensioner like Dewalt. Henceforth, operating this chainsaw is also a super smooth and convenient task. It is because this chainsaw won’t produce a loud sound. Secondly, it will not produce harmful fumes like a gas-powered chainsaw. Lastly, a tool-free chain tensioner will further simplify the work.
Henceforth, this chainsaw is a must-buy and is worth mentioning in our list of best top handle chainsaws.
Pros and Cons of Makita XCU02PT 36V (18V X2) LXT 12″ Chain Saw
Just like the battery chainsaw of Dewalt, this chainsaw by Makita has its pros and cons too. I am listing them below so that you can compare the pros and cons of this chainsaw with other saws of the list and finalize your decision regarding which chainsaw should you go for.
- Toolless chain adjustment simplified the work of tensioning the chain.
- The Chain oil of this chainsaw doesn’t leak when it is not in use.
- Double batteries enhanced the run time and the power of the chainsaw.
- This chainsaw is not able to deliver as much power as a professional gas-powered chainsaw provides. Though this chainsaw has double batteries.
- The cheaper alternatives of this chainsaw are also available in the market.
I will like to inform you that I did tons of homework before coming up with this article on the best top-handle chainsaws. Furthermore, this list is not solely made by my personal opinions and likings. It is because I took the help of the experts and other professional loggers to determine the best top handle chainsaws.
In addition to this, I also personally tried and tested all of the chainsaws which I have listed above. I did this to ensure that the claims made by the manufacturers were true and whether the products were worth the hype.
Therefore, I hope that this article “best top handle chainsaw” proved to be helpful to you.
However, in case if you are still having any doubts. Please let me know that through the comment section. Furthermore, if you like my articles then it will be a pleasure for me to hear from you. Therefore, please let me know what you liked in this article, and also give me more suggestions on how can I improve it so that the upcoming articles can get even better.
Here at BestForConsumer, I always try my best to provide complete and correct information. As a result, I am following a stern guideline for sourcing the information. Moreover, I refrain from displaying the facts and data that is garnered from third-party sources. Because they might have some distorted information that may not be good for our readers.
- Chainsaw Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chainsaw
- Echo Official Website https://www.echotools.com/en_us
- Husqvarna Official Website https://www.husqvarna.com/us/
- Dewalt Official Website https://www.dewalt.com/
You May Also Like To Read About
- Best Professional Chainsaw | Honest Review And Guide 2021
- 9 Best Chainsaw Brands In 2021 | The Brands Fit For Your Needs
- 5 Best Chainsaw Chaps | 2 Minutes Guide
- 24 Different Parts Of A Chainsaw | A Complete Guide 2021
- Best Battery Chainsaw In 2021 | Honest Review
- How To Clean A Chainsaw | Step By Step Guide 2021
- Top 8 Best Propane Garage Heaters Review and Buying Guide