To pick up the best Waterslide decal paper can be a challenging job. Before I go through the review section, let me ask you some questions –
Are you into crafting?
Again, do you love making customized gifts for your loved ones?
Or are you planning to start your dream crafting business?
Well, if you are into these things, this article is an absolute life-saver for you.
Trust me when I say “Waterslide decals” is one of the easiest to learn in the crafting world and has one of the most versatile applications. You can use waterslide decals from a customized coffee cup to a glittery tumbler or a customized guitar head on almost any smooth, hard surface. Whether you are a newbie or an expert, this article will make sure you have the right waterslide decal papers to start your journey with.
Waterslide decal paper is the primary tool of waterslide decals. But to choose one that will really work for your project without wasting your time and money is a real struggle as there are so many market options. Don’t worry; we have researched and sorted out the ten best water slide decal papers for you.
Let’s dive in.
Top 10 Best Waterslide Decal Papers
Hayes Paper’s Waterslide Decal Paper is an excellent choice for any crafting project – personal or commercial. These premium quality transparent waterslide decal papers work for Inkjet Printers. They come in a package of 20 pieces of A4 size decal papers.Sounds good, right?
Further, these papers can print very high-resolution images, such as images of 5760 dpi (dots per square inch), making them one of the best quality decal papers on the market.
You can use them on Ceramics, Glasses, Bamboo, Metals, Jade, and Plastics. So, it is an excellent option for commercial use as well.
Still not convinced.
In that case, let me tell you – The price is very reasonable for such brilliant quality. This 20 pieces A4 sized papers’ package is going to last you a while. Overall, price-wise and quality-wise, it is one of the best waterslide decal papers for inkjet printers.
Overall, it’s an excellent waterslide decal paper for beginners.
- It worked great on aluminum tumblers as well as thicker papers.
- Averts estrangement of backing.
- The adhesion seems top-notch.
- Extremely straightforward to follow instructions
- Do not leave behind decal edges after transferring.
- The vibrant color quality of the transferred images.
- Let your print plus apply any image.
- Images are super spotless, along with fine details.
- It can show white lines through the images in larger designs.
- Not easy to release the white backing
2. Epoch White Waterslide Decal Paper – best waterslide decal paper for inkjet printers
It is a pack of 20 waterslide decal white papers designed for use in inkjet printers. They are the size of A4.
Moreover, these high-quality decal papers can be used on almost any smooth surface, from a glass jar to your favorite customized tumblers.
It gets better.
But as these are white decal papers, it will work best on a dark-colored surface. They work great on high fiber surfaces like wood as well.
But wait – there’s more.
These are perfect for use in organizational labeling in personal or professional work. Overall, we can term it as the best waterslide decal paper for inkjet printers.
- You will not face any sort of tearing or cracking.
- The ink turned out beautifully on this paper.
- The high-resolution print quality of 5760 dpi
- Provides Exceptional durability of the decals
- It perfectly works on stainless steel tumblers.
- Quick adhesion can lead to tearing the image during further adjustment.
- Complaints of ink bleeding unless thin layers of coatings and complete drying before soaking in water
These A4 size waterslide decal papers can be used in inkjet printers. These are transparent or clear Decal papers suitable for printing on Ceramics, crystal, jade, wood, glass, shell, metal, nail, plastic, marble, bamboo, etc.
We’re not through yet.
These transparent Decal papers are great to be used on white and any light color surfaces. This package of 20 pieces of decal paper comes with very easy follow & clear instructions.
Overall, the price point makes it a great bargain product. Try a batch for your crafting business, and it’s going to cut your costs significantly if you like these.
- Excellent color saturation; hence the colors cover evenly.
- High adhesive quality for the transfer
- The paper fits in your printer accurately; therefore, it is printed just correctly.
- No smearing, tearing, or bleeding of ink.
- The decal quality is absolutely durable, as well as colorful.
- Paper struck perfectly to the glass.
- Complaints of a bad batch of products
- Sliding off the backing can be difficult and takes practice
These premium papers are produced from high-quality printing papers to allow users to experience accurate nonfading color printing. These A4 size papers are compatible with inkjet printers.
Interestingly enough, it has an excellent ink capacity of 5760 dpi. These transparent papers can be used on any white and light-colored surfaces like a mug, water bottle, coffee cup, plate, bowl, vase, nail-art, candle, and so much more.
Overall it is a high-quality product for any crafter. These are especially great for logo making for their excellent color quality and easy to release backing.
- It transfers well and adheres to the surface very nicely.
- Thicker than other standard waterslide deal papers, therefore, incredibly straightforward to work with.
- Due to print quality, the finish always turned out delightfully.
- Ideal waterslide decal paper for art crafts.
- Suitable for nail decals.
- Easy removal of the backing.
- Very compatible pricing
- Excellent color payoffs and transfers smoothly without wrinkles.
- Complaints of bad packaging
- Challenging to put in a printer due to folding
5. Sunnyscopa Clear Waterslide Decal Papers – best quality waterslide decal paper
These transparent waterslide decal papers are compatible with inkjet printers. These papers come in the size of US Letter Size, which is 8.5 “X11”.
Nevertheless, each package contains 10 Clear Waterslide Decal Papers. From DIY school projects to business, this can be used anywhere.
In addition to that, this paper will be an excellent choice if you want to test the quality before ordering in bulk.
These are some of the best quality waterslide decal papers (transparent) in the Letter size on top of everything else. You are getting more spaces than the A4 size at a great price. Just make sure your printer can accommodate this size of paper.
- Excellent print quality with high precision of colors.
- Being water-soluble, inkjet toner smudges and dissolves if you keep it in the water.
- Works impressively on mugs plus flat surfaces
- Adheres well.
- It comes with clear instructions & easy to use.
- Delivers very durable, heavy decal papers.
- It holds color exceptionally well.
- It does not slide off easily.
- Paper rips easily
6. Epoch Clear Waterslide Decal Paper – best waterslide decal paper for guitar
First of all, it is a package of 20 transparent waterslide decal papers by Epoch. Similar to their white papers, these transparent papers are also high in quality for durable decals.
This comes in the size of A4 and can be used in inkjet printers. The usage instructions are simple but adequate for beginners as well as expert decal designers.
But you know what else?
Beautiful vibrant images do not get mushy or slimy like other brands work great when you follow the directions.
Anyway, these are excellent quality transparent waterslide papers for use in light or white base. According to reviews, these are the best waterslide decal papers for guitars.
- Provides Good quality, vibrant image output. Never gets slimy.
- The ink never blurs or bleeds.
- It comes with easy to follow instructions.
- Lighter base colors function best.
- Transfers extremely well.
- Good and strong, it does not rip off easily.
- Excellent adhesion and easy release of the backing
- Edges do not blend well.
- Color becomes a bit lighter after transfer and drying
With 5760 dpi printing quality, these are among the best quality waterslide decal papers available in the market. They come in A4 size, which can be used in inkjet printers.
Besides that, the price is also one of the lowest in the market, making it an unbeatable option for any craft enthusiast.
Overall, it has the most unbeatable price tag for its quality. This can be a very economical option for your crafting business as well as for practicing newbies.
- This one Picks up colors exquisitely.
- Surprisingly enough, it’s thin but solid.
- The decal is totally permanent after 10 minutes.
- Works like a champ on plastic or glass or ceramic
- Ink dries pretty faster.
- Releases from backing quickly
- Complaints of creased batch
- Curls on the ends sometimes.
8. Sunnyscopa Clear Waterslide Decal Papers for Laser Printer – best laser waterslide decal paper
To begin with, these waterslide decal papers are designed by Sunnyscopa for laser printers. These are transparent decal papers to use on white or light surfaces.
As if that’s not enough, the papers are designed in the size of US standard Letter Size, and the package includes 10 of them.With high printing quality, this has an unbeatable price for the value.
Overall, we can term it as the best laser waterslide decal paper. As it has only ten sheets, you can give a trial before buying in bulk.
- Excellent quality product for versatile usage
- Premium value product; hence, they never fade.
- Durable yet thin enough to blend well after the transfer.
- It provides a perfect matte finish.
- Releases easily from the backing
- The laser waterslide is much sturdier than you can ever expect.
- Looks absolutely marvelous on your pedal.
- It can be too sticky for some consumers’ comfort.
- These papers can jam a few printers
9. Mixed Waterslide Decal Papers by Nova Horizon – best inkjet waterslide decal paper
This package from Nova Horizon includes ten clear and ten white waterslide decal papers that make it the most versatile option for beginners to try.
Here is the thing –
The newbies are also a convenient option for the business owners and their variety of product requirements.
Most importantly, these are in the size of A4 and can be used in inkjet printers. The price is also a bargain for such quality, quantity, and variety.
Overall this is a great bargain to try different decal papers in projects to yield the best result. Also, this could be easily one of the best inkjet waterslide decal paper available on the market.
- The white sheets are absolutely divine for the dark-colored surfaces.
- Speaking of clean sheets, they seem an absolute grace for the light-colored surfaces.
- Excellent ink capacity with the exact color
- Combo pack for use on any light or dark-colored surface.
- It can be used for baby shower glasses.
- The colors turned out extremely cute.
- Super straightforward to apply.
- Terrific adhesion quality; thus, you will get your project beautifully done.
- Complaints of a bad batch of white papers.
- It can be hard to remove the backing in some cases.
At the very outset, these clear papers by Royal elements are for Laser Printers. They are the size of A4.
And the best part?
With 5760 dpi printing output, it has one of the best qualities for waterslide printing.Most strikingly, the package contains 20 papers for a great bargain price for such quality.
Anyway, these are the best transparent waterslide decal papers for laser printers in A4 size. So, if you have the same printer and size requirements, this is a good bargain for you.
- Excellent print quality; thus, you get a delightful painted-on look.
- Each sheet is utterly crystal clear; hence you get Easy image transfer.
- A low profile background helps to blend well.
- Easy to place and move around to readjust the positioning of the decal
- They show up impressively well on your art ventures.
- Some experienced tearing off the papers
- Not excellent adhesion in some cases.
Factors to consider while buying Waterslide Decal Paper
Before purchasing the waterslide decal papers, you need to know what you are precisely looking for. There are a few factors that will lead you to your choice:
Types of printer
First, ask yourself, what sort of do you have: inkjet or laser. So, whatever waterslide decal paper you purchase, make sure that it’s compatible with your own printer.
Then, check out what size of the paper your printer van accommodates. The letter size is a bit bigger than the A4 size to print more on them. But make sure your printer can handle Letter sized papers.
Material or Surface
This is the most crucial factor peo[ple often ignore. They think any waterslide decal paper will do its job. It’s true to some extent. But again, Not all waterslide decal papers are suitable for high fiber surfaces like wood. Also, every product has a strong field.
Therefore, before purchasing waterslide decal paper, ask yourself what kind of material or surface I am aiming for? Is it on a coffee mug or a tumbler, or any wooden piece?
Did you ever use the wrong color base? Yes, you did. Don’t even try to deny it. We’ve all been there.
Never forget, what color base are you working on?
Here’s the kicker –
You’ll need white papers for dark-colored surfaces and clear papers for light or white surfaces.
Do you aim to buy in bulk or lesser quantity? This will help you decide on the package size.
Once you are ready with all these answers, go through the reviews to find your needs’ best fit.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is waterslide decal paper?
Waterslide decal paper is a special transfer paper that can transfer any printed graphics on a smooth surface. It is used in water-mounted decals that use dextrose corn sugar residue to bond with the surface. One has to print the graphics on it using a printer (inkjet or laser), usually seal it with acrylic spray, soak it in warm water and then apply it on the surface, sliding the backing off.
What is the waterslide decal paper used for?
Waterslide decal paper is used in waterslide decals to get any colored images to smooth surfaces like glass, ceramic, wood, bamboo, porcelain, metal, candles, and many more. This is a prevalent technique among craft enthusiasts to make personalized items.
Is waterslide decal dishwasher safe?
No, waterslide decals are not dishwasher safe in general. If you want to make it dishwasher safe, you will have to burn it in a unique burner called “Kiln” to burn it at a very high temperature. This kind of burner burns the decals to print it on the surface permanently.
How does waterslide decal paperwork?
Waterslide decal paper is typically printed face up and transfer the decal onto a surface using bondage of dextrose sugar and glucose layer. The dextrose layer supports the sliding off the ability of the decal paper. The glucose acts as an adhesive layer.
How to use waterslide decal paper?
The procedure is as simple as using a temporary water tattoo: (1) Use a printer to print your chosen graphic content on the shiny side of the decal paper. Some decal papers need mirror printing; some allow you to print in the average direction. Check the instructions given with the paper. (2) Let the paint dry for a few minutes. (3) Cut the printed image to its borders using scissors. Maximum waterslide decal papers need to be sprayed with an acrylic spray to seal the ink so that it won’t smudge off when soaked in water. The number of coats depends on the quality of the ink you are using. So this step may need some trial and error. In general, 3 to 4 coats are enough to seal the image. Let the seal dry, wait as instructed in your papers, or do a trial with an image when you think they are ready to be soaked. (4) Prepare a bowl of warm water and soak the paper with the image in the water. The time of soaking also depends on a particular type of paper. Check the instructions provided with the paper. Do not oversoak the image. (5) Put the image on your desired surface. Slide off the backing carefully to leave the decal on the surface. (6) Use a paper towel to remove water or air bubbles beneath the decal. Go gently from the middle to the outer border and do not tuck or rub, stretching the decal from the original shape. (7) Let it dry. Some decal papers instruct to oven bake some particular kind of surfaces like ceramic. Check your paper’s instruction guide carefully to figure out whether you need it for your product. (8) Waterslide decals are not permanent, never put it in a dishwasher if not instructed particularly.
Where to buy waterslide decal paper?
There are a lot of varieties available on Amazon, you can order from those according to your printer type and the surface color you want to put the decal on. There are different kinds of papers available for inkjet and laser printers. Speaking of size, you will find a lot of varieties to fit your respective printer. For instance, there exist White waterslide papers for dark-colored surfaces and Clear waterslide papers for light-colored surfaces. Also, you can buy these papers from Amazon, the best online e-commerce service around the globe. In that way, you don’t have to face any hassle of going to shop. And be confused about which one would be useful? Is the price right? But on Amazon, you will find customer reviews and compare the cost of the different waterslide decal papers. Isn’t that great?
These are our best waterslide decal papers. When I first started crafting decals, I had a hard time deciding which papers to buy as there are so many great options.
But to be honest, every crafter has its own comfort brand, which you will discover sooner or later. When a few papers work great for many, it can be nightmares for you. So never get disappointed and keep trying your luck if it does not go well on the first go.
My absolute favorite waterslide decal papers are Hayes Paper’s transparent waterslide papers for white and light surfaces and Epoch white waterslide papers for darker surfaces from my years of crafting experience.
This one is the best inkjet waterslide decal paper. For laser printing, go for Sunnyscopa or royal elements according to your requirement of paper size. Our consumer report also shows that both earned our best for consumer products as people loved them for their quality and value.
Anyway, the final call is yours. So, whatever decision you make, best luck with that. I hope your adventure will allow us to enjoy some best artworks; if you would like to share anything, comment below.