If cleaning and maintaining yards is your business, then your tools and equipment will be the only difference between a bad day or a good one. So, why would you leave it to chance? Therefore, when it is about your job, you should always be careful about everything and take the best commercial wood chipper’s help.
However, no matter how tech-savvy you are, buying the best product in this market can be very challenging for anyone. For that, you would have to do thorough research on the models and compare them with each other. Moreover, you would also need to know about both their positives and negatives. So, as you can already understand, doing all these things alone can be very hectic.
Hence, to save you from all these hassles, we will be talking about some of the high-quality wood chippers here. Besides providing some essential information about them, we will also offer insights into their positive and negative aspects. Therefore, to know more about them, make sure to read on.
Best Commercial Wood Chipper List for Impatient
Here is a quick list of best wood chippers for commercial purposes.
Commercial Wood Chipper Reviews
1. DK2 Power 14HP 6” Gas Powered Chipper – best commercial wood chipper shredder
When talking about the feature-enriched commercial wood chippers, the first name that comes to mind is DK2. For starters, it gets the power of working from a powerful 14HP engine. Due to its high horsepower, it can accompany you with your work for a prolonged period.
Moreover, the blades of the machine are quite sturdy and sharp. Therefore, they can chop down even the bigger logs quite effortlessly. Besides, the blades of the model are also reversible. Thus, if one side of them becomes blunt, then you can always use the other side of it.
Another factor, which prompts everyone to consider it as the best commercial wood chipper shredder, is its auto-blade branch feeding system. With them, the machine can cut down the smaller branches and leaves quite effectively.
To make things more convenient for you, DK2 has also provided a built-in toolbox with the machines. It includes a manual, ear protection items, work gloves, lock-out safety keys, and protective glasses for the eyes.
- It has a powerful 14HP engine, which is both durable and efficient.
- The in-built toolbox makes things even easier for you.
- It comes with a warranty of three years.
- The wheels of the chipper are quite large and offer excellent portability.
- Auto-blade branch feeding cuts down leaves and branches quite proficiently.
- It comes with a massive 3-year warranty.
- Not a great low-budget option.
2. SuperHandy Wood Chipper – best commercial-grade wood chipper
Are you looking for a wood chipper that is capable of doing multiple functions at once? Then, this model from SuperHandy can be an excellent option for you. Unlike the previous machine in this list, the SuperHandy Wood Chipper features a 3-in-1 design and is a lot more efficient.
Besides, it also comes with a top Hopper, which has ½ inches of max volume. The side chute of the model has a volume of three inches. With it, the machine can quickly chop down a higher number of leaves and branches.
However, the section, which makes it the best commercial grade wood chipper, is its engine. It has a capacity of 7HP and runs at a speed of 3600 RPM. Thus, along with smaller branches, this machine can chop up the denser woods quite efficiently too.
It features the advanced Forced Air Cooling system, which can cool down the machine within a few minutes. However, even though being quite powerful, this wood chipper does not make much noise while working.
- Its multi-function ability improves its overall capability.
- It comes with a powerful and efficient motor.
- It has a maximum capacity of 0.7 gallons.
- It does not make much noise while working.
- It has a warranty of three years.
- It has an electric start option, which makes it even more convenient.
- The chipper is quite heavy.
- Its overall build quality is not that good.
3. GreatCircleUSA Wood Chipper – best small commercial wood chipper
Like the model of SuperHandy, the product of GreatCircleUSA, too, comes with multiple functioning options. Similarly, it also has a 7HP engine, which can achieve a maximum speed of 3600 RPM.
However, the thing which differentiates it from the other one is its versatile lubrication options. It has a low oil sensor that promptly shuts down the motor when the oil level gets low. Nevertheless, the machine has a fuel tank capacity of 0.7 gallons, which is quite large.
To make things easier for you, GreatCircleUSA has provided a small panel to help you get easy access to the vacuum inlet. This feature makes it the best small commercial wood chipper. Also, to amplify the portability of their model, GreatCircleUSA has added larger tires with it.
In terms of the overall design, the wood chipper looks quite decent. However, its build quality is not that great. So, make sure to use it a little bit carefully.
- It has a powerful engine of 212cc of capacity.
- It can handle woods with three inches of diameter quite comfortably.
- It comes with two robust steel-made chipping blades.
- It is capable of doing multiple functions at a time.
- It does not make much noise while working.
- Its build quality is quite poor.
- It is incapable of feeding properly.
4. Patriot Products CSV-3100B – best commercial electric wood chipper
Broadly considered the best commercial electric wood chipper, the SCV-3100B can clean the debris of your garden within a few moments. Compact and lightweight, this machine comes with a durable and powerful 10HP engine, which can achieve a total speed of 3600RPM. Besides, the wood chipper features a super low–tone muffler, which reduces its overall noise.
The model also comes with a swinging y-hammer system. With this feature, the model can turn a heap of leaves into green mulch in no time. There is also a side discharge feature available in the chipper, enabling you to work in the same place as long as you want.
Although it is quite feature-rich, the Patriot’s chipper weighs only 139 pounds due to its compact design. To enhance the machine’s maneuverability, the Patriot has also added two oversized wheels and a handle with it.
- Its compact and lightweight design enhances its portability by a mile.
- With a super low-tone muffler, the wood chipper offers a smooth and quiet operation.
- It can easily cope with branches of up to three inches in diameter quite easily.
- It comes with an engine of 10 horsepower.
- It is affordable
- The motor of the product takes quite some time to start.
5. Farmer Helper Wood Chipper – cheap wood chipper
Looking for a cheap wood chipper for professional purposes? Then, this wood chipper from Farmer-Helper can be the best option for you. For starters, it comes with a massive 16HP motor, which is both durable and efficient.
The model also features four reversible precision-cut hardened steel blades, which can chop down anything and everything. The machine’s rotor comes with a larger diameter, a better tip speed, and excellent chipping.
The air vents of the model are known to be quite efficient. It helps the machine to blow the chips out of the chute up to 20 meters. Moreover, the chute is adjustable. So, with it, you can control where the chips will fly out.
- Its sturdy and durable motor enhances its capability by quite a mile.
- It is quite easy and straightforward to operate.
- It comes with several excellent safety features.
- Features an adjustable chute
- Its reversible blades offer precision cutting.
- It is incapable of cutting wet wood logs properly.
- The assembly instructions are quite unclear and poor.
6. Powerhouse Chipper/Shredder – best PTO wood chipper
Are you on the hunt for a new and powerful chipper/shredder? Then, the exclusive Powerhouse Chipper/Shredder would be ideal for you. This model comes with a 15HP, 420cc, gasoline-powered engine, which can quickly get the job done.
To make their model more convenient, Powerhouse has also added a 7-bushel bag to make your yard a mess. This chipper’s portability is also quite good as it comes with two large wheels and an easy-to-grip handle.
The heavy-duty chipper is equipped with ten hammers, two chipping knives, and ten shredding blades. With all these, the model can easily cut through the logs and branches of up to four inches in diameter. It also comes with an electric start option, making the model more comfortable to start and operate.
All these excellent features, together, make it the best commercial wood chipper in the world.
- It comes with two large Pneumatic tires, which amplifies its portability.
- It has a powerful onboard 420cc gasoline-powered engine.
- Features a huge and robust handle
- It comes with ten steel-made shredding blades and ten hammers.
- It has a massive two years of warranty.
- Assembling it can be somewhat complex.
- The collection bag of the machine is quite smaller.
7. Tazz 22752 K33 Chipper Shredder
Do you have a smaller garage and looking for a tinier chipper that will fit perfectly into it? Then, the K33 model of Tazz should be your go-to option. The model comes with a dimension of 29.9×24.7×51 inches, which is quite small and compact. However, its weight of 140 pounds can be an issue for you.
The model is powered by a robust 301cc viper engine, which can easily burst through branches with three inches of diameter. Besides it, Tazz also offers a massive five years of warranty with this engine to make its product more user-friendly.
Like most models of Tazz, this one, too, is quite durable. Due to the widening design of the steel hopper, you can easily feed the plant matter in it. Another factor, which makes it the best commercial wood chipper, is the tri and j-hammers. These grinding systems are quite useful and can offer a reduced ratio of 20:1.
- Its engine has a massive five years of warranty.
- It comes with an optional vacuum kit.
- Features two 11 inches steel-made wheels, which enhance its maneuverability
- Due to its compact design, it can be kept anywhere in your house.
- It is quite easy to assemble.
- The location of the gas tank is poor.
- Its collection bag is not that up-to-the-mark.
8. EFCUT C30 Mini Wood Chipper – professional wood chipper
Although it has a mini in its name, EFCUT C30 comes with a 212cc gasoline-powered engine. The machine quite powerful and offers a reduction ratio of 20:1. It also has an extra-large hopper, which can handle up to 3” diameter logs quite efficiently.
Like most professional wood chippers, this one, too, comes with only a few buttons. So, you do not have to read the manual book to use it properly. The machine also comes with a compact and lightweight design, which improves its convenience and maneuverability by quite a mile.
There are front and back check windows available in the model. It can help you to remove the blades of the chipper and clean the debris without any issues. Besides these, EFCUT has also added a large handle, which is quite easy to grip.
- Features a durable collecting bag with advanced folding function
- A deeper and larger leaf hopper makes the feeding procedure easier for the users.
- Large wheels of the machine improve its maneuvering ability.
- It has a 6.5HP engine, which is both quite durable and efficient.
- It comes with the excellent build quality.
- Not yet found.
9. Dirty Hand Tools 106817 Chipper
The 106817 model of Dirty Hand Tools is a heavy-duty machine, which is mainly used by professionals. It comes with a robust 196cc Kohler engine, which has a huge engine shaft of 1-inch diameter. With this powerful motor, the machine can turn rugged branches into usable wood chips within a few moments.
The model also features steel-made chipping blades and six hardened hammers, which turns leaves and debris into mulch almost instantly. The factor, which makes it the best commercial wood chipper, is its extra-large hopper. It can efficiently accommodate larger volumes of leaves and make your job quicker and easier.
- The engine of the machine is quite powerful.
- It comes with a compact design and can fit almost anywhere in a house.
- Thanks to its large wheels, the chipper is quite easy to move around.
- It comes with excellent safety features.
- It has a compact design and features a separate debris bag.
- It is quite noisy and heavy.
- The build quality of the model is not that good.
10. YARDMAX YW7565 Chipper
YARDMAX is mainly popular among users because of its durable machines, and their YW7565 model is an excellent example of that. It comes with a 10HP, gas-powered engine, which helps the machine take care of your garden debris almost effortlessly.
Widely considered the best commercial wood chipper, the YW7565 is quite easy to use. It has a self-feeding chute, which is quite large and can easily cope with longer tree branches. Moreover, the machine also features Pneumatic wheels, which enhances its maneuverability by quite a mile.
To make this model, YARDMAX has used high-end steel material. Therefore, it is known to be quite durable and can handle heavy logs quite efficiently. Also, the chipper blades are made with steel, making them a lot easier to clean and maintain.
- It comes with Pneumatic wheels, which offer excellent portability.
- It has a self-feeding chute that can take care of the longer branches.
- It is quite easy to clean and maintain
- One of the best chippers regarding durability
- It is quite fuel-efficient and more comfortable to clean.
- It does not come with a debris bag.
- Its OSHA flap is quite prone to clogging.
Factors to Consider While Buying a Wood Chipper
As mentioned before, buying a wood chipper, especially if you are looking for the best one, is never easy. For that, you would have to be careful and follow some fundamental tips. Here are a few pointers that can help you with it.
1. Frequency of Usage
How many times do you want to use your chipper in a week? This is one of those questions that you should always ask yourself before purchasing a wood chipper. If you are thinking about buying a chipper for your personal use, you would probably use it three to four times a month. So, you can opt for a cheaper machine.
Nevertheless, if you are a professional, you might have to use it at least once or twice a day. Thus, it will be a better idea for you to go for a more robust and durable model.
The capacity of the wood chipper is yet another prominent factor that affects the choices of the consumers. If you want to use the machine for chopping down larger logs, then, naturally, you would require a higher capacity chipper. But, if you are buying it only for keeping your backyard clean, then a lower capacity model would be ideal for you.
3. Maintenance and Simplicity
Like most other machines, you would also have to maintain the wood chippers regularly to keep them at an optimum state. However, providing proper maintenance to a chipper machine can be quite time-consuming.
Thus, if you have a job, then opting for a low-maintenance yet straightforward system can be an excellent idea for you. The electric machines are known to be quite simple to use and generally do not require much attention. If you are otherwise a busy person, they can be the best option for you.
Budget is yet another essential factor that might affect your buying choices. Most times, the newer and feature-rich models in the market generally come with a higher price tag. So, make sure to keep this in mind while purchasing a wood chipper.
You can get the wood chippers both at convenience stores as well as online marketplaces. However, it would be better for you to opt for online stores if you are on a low budget.
They generally provide a lot of discounts on their machines. Also, most of them have a free delivery service. So, you would have to pay any extra charges if you go for them.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a wood chipper?
A wood chipper, also known as a tree chipper, is a type portable machine, which helps in wood cutting purposes. You can use it to chop down a bigger log into smaller and lighter woodchips. These machines generally come with a wheeling system, which can help you to carry them anywhere in your garden. If you want to, then you can also tow it behind your car or van and use it for work purposes.
What does it cost to rent a wood chipper?
The cost of renting a wood chipper generally depends on the time span. If you are thinking about renting the wood chipper for a day, it would cost you around $100. However, if you want to increase the overall time span, you might get a discount. There are many wood chipper companies out there who offer their machines within the range of $400 to $500 per week.
Can you use a wood chipper in the rain?
No, you should never use a wood chipper in the rain. During rain, the amount of moisture generally increases, which might affect its internal parts. Therefore, if you keep it in the rain for a long time and do not dry it afterward, then it might stop working.
How to use a wood chipper?
To use a wood chipper, you would, first, have to place it on level ground. After that, you would have to adjust the deflector and the chutes correctly. Then, you need to review its power source and fuel. Once you are done with all these, you can start the chipper and begin putting the woods or leaves. However, while working with a wood chipper, you should always stand beside the hopper instead of standing in front of it.
How to sharpen wood chipper blades?
Sharpening the blades of a wood chipper is probably one of the most straightforward tasks in the world. To do that, you would have to use a disc sander and pass it over the edges of the wood chipper blades. Make sure to keep the sander steady and straight to sharpen the blades properly. If your wood chipper has dual-edged blades, then you would have to repeat the whole process twice for both sides.
Does a wood chipper need a license plate?
The matter of a license plate would generally depend on the location where you are currently staying in. For example, living in Connecticut would require a license plate before using a wood chipper. However, those who are currently situated in New York would not need anything else to work with the wood chipper.
How much a commercial wood chipper cost?
The commercial wood chipper price varies between $400 to $1400 depending on the company and its engine power.
Owning a clean and debris-free house can be quite rewarding. However, keeping debris away from your yard can be quite tricky, especially if you love gardening. Thus, to get some help with this issue, you would have to buy a high-end wood chipper.
Whether it is usage frequency or maintenance, almost every one of these factors determines a wood chipper’s overall capability. Therefore, only looking for cheaper products on the market will not be able to help you. Besides that, you would also have to keep these factors in mind if you want to purchase the best wood chipper for your own purpose.