With digital cameras and other gadgets becoming more prominent every day, there is an increasing demand for batteries that promise performance and efficiency. If you are looking for a power source that will keep your photos clicking, then choosing the best CR123A battery is your panacea.
If you think buying a battery is quite simple, you may want to rethink it. There are multiple options, and each has its pros and cons. Depending on many factors like where you need to use them, you have to decide on the kind of battery to use. In this article, we will delve deeper into choosing the best CR123A lithium battery.
If you want to ensure maximum protection, it will help to get CR123A with PTC protection circuits. Of course, many brands are offering CR123A batteries. You have to weigh the pros and cons to make the right choice. Here we bring to you the top ten best and cheap CR123A lithium batteries to choose from.
Let’s get started!
Best CR123A Battery Reviews
If you are looking for a stable power supply and a high capacity battery, then the Morpilot 3V CR123A offers you the same. At a capacity of 1500mAh, these batteries easily last about 3-5 times more than the usual alkaline counterparts, especially in devices that consume more power.
The battery is designed to tolerate extremities in temperatures, both hot and cold. With built-in PTC protection, your circuits are safe from overheating or over-current. The batteries are of the best quality, and they are designed to provide utmost safety, with anti-leak, anti-corrosion, and anti-explosion materials in use.
The Morpilot batteries have both RoHS and CE certifications vouching for their quality and safety. They assure you of 91% power retention even after ten years, thanks to the low self-discharge make. These are designed for practical purposes at home and outside, and they deliver on their promise. The pricing is made affordable for everyone too.
It is recommended for customers who prefer a top-quality battery used in a wide range of applications.
- Completely ecological.
- It can be used across multiple applications, including alarm clocks, digital cameras, remote controls, and more.
- It offers stable voltage, long-lasting power with high density.
- Works well even in extreme temperature conditions
- UL, CE, and ROHS certified
- Thick steel shell design, unique safe air hole, the explosion-proof cap makes the battery anti-explosion, anti-leak, anti-corrosion
- Not rechargeable
- Not compatible with Arlo cameras
- Unable to handle the extreme cold with power draining out faster
While most of the batteries of the CR123A caliber are offered under non-rechargeable, having a rechargeable one can result in considerable savings. This EaseBuy is one of the best rechargeable 3V lithium batteries, CR123A, available in the market.
Thanks to their property to recharge, you can save considerably, and it is easy to use as well. And given the rechargeable character, you are also avoiding possible pileup of wastes in lithium charged batteries.
The weight is slightly higher than the usual CR123A at 22g, and it offers a 3.6Volt capacity. It comes with a compact battery charger and a built-in USB cable for easy charging. You can charge nearly 4 batteries at the same time.
What’s more, the batteries also come with over-voltage protection, short circuit protection, and over current protection.
Recommended for: It makes the best rechargeable CR123A battery for those who seek higher performance and more extended durability from the batteries and effective compatibility with Arlo wireless security cameras and alarm systems.
- Rechargeable batteries with a higher volt capacity of 3.6V
- Considerable savings and eco-friendly.
- Automatic cut off and protection from short circuit, over-voltage, or over current.
- A USB cable is inbuilt to charge from anywhere in the home or the car.
- They come with a charger to charge four batteries at a time.
- It comes with an automatic cut-off.
- Compatible with almost all battery requires appliances like LED flashlights, calculators, medical instruments, security cameras, and other electronic devices.
- The charging wire is not long enough, which could be a possible cause of concern.
- It can causes damage to the device when paired up with other one-time use Lithium CR123A batteries.
RAVPower has a renowned place in the industry with its production of various portable chargers and charging accessories. They strive to provide the customers with a reliable way to stay powered anytime, anywhere.
Specifically designed to suit the Arlo security wireless cameras, these are rechargeable batteries with lithium cells offering a high voltage of 3.7V. These batteries can easily power many high consumption gadgets like digital cameras and flashlights, available in eight packs.
The batteries can be recharged as many as 500 times, making them a better option for savings and a reduction in battery waste. The batteries can be charged as quickly as 2.5 hours, and when recharged, they deliver about 350mAh of power with ease.
Thanks to the USB charging options, the batteries can be charged anywhere through a USB port, home, or in the car. Most importantly, if you insert a non-rechargeable battery into this charger, it will detect it and cut off the power supply, immediately ensuring absolute safety to you.
Recommended for: These batteries serve best for the devices that need the long run while consuming more power. It fits best for the flashlight, microphones, and Arlo security cameras.
- Economical to use and long-lasting power.
- Faster to charge up and delivers a high capacity of 3.7V.
- Can power high drain devices, including Arlo cameras, flashlights, digital cameras, and more.
- Mischarging safety technology to detect any non-rechargeable battery in the charger.
- Compact size with powerful charging options.
- Easy to use
- May is not apt for equipment that cannot handle high voltage.
- The cord is delicate
If you are looking for the right disposable batteries for your Streamlight products, then Streamlight 85177 CR123A lithium batteries are the right ones. Available in a pack of 12, they offer you a shelf life of about 10 years. These batteries work best in any Streamlight product and can be used in other devices like flashlights, film cameras, digital cameras, etc., that use 123A batteries of any kind.
If you want to replace your existing 3V lithium battery, these Streamlight batteries make an excellent choice.
- They are the best to use for all kinds of Streamlight products like the Streamlight flashlights.
- They can be used in any other device which requires the same capacity and performance.
- They have a storage life of 10 years with minimal self-discharge over a period.
- You can buy them either in 12 number packs or individually depending on your needs.
- Affordably priced and ensures a longer battery life in the disposable lithium battery sector.
- These are not rechargeable, and hence you would need a fresh battery after the power runs out in one.
- The batteries’ lifetime is contentious when there is high activity on the device, and they are used in.
- Seem to last much longer than the Surefire brand CR123As
If you are looking for a reliable power supply at home or office, you can rely on these AmazonBasics Lithium CR123A 3V batteries. These CR123A batteries offer you a shelf life of 10 years without use and can be used readily or when required.
They can be used on multiple devices, including night-vision goggles, flashlights, digital cameras, and so on. However, these batteries are not rechargeable and hence are not a good option to use in the Arlo cameras. Most importantly, these batteries can be recycled, and thus you are guaranteed to have an environment-friendly option.
These high-performing batteries make sure that you are always ready and are ideal for high drain use. They last longer than the usual alkaline batteries and are tolerant of extremities in temperature as well. You can use them in any device which uses 123 or 123A disposable batteries.
Recommended for: Great for both indoor and outdoor electronic high-drain devices to keep them up and to run.
- Can handle any high drain device, including digital cameras and hi-tech medical equipment.
- The batteries are quite effective, whether you use them immediately or after some time.
- Works great in extreme climate conditions
- The batteries are backed up with a limited one-year warranty
- It doesn’t work on Arlo cameras.
- It lasts longer in the same device only.
- Drains a bit faster than any other batteries
Counted among the best of the lithium batteries from a trusted brand, these batteries offer higher performance at an extended life span. The voltage output is the same as other non-rechargeable lithium batteries at 3V.
Given that these are 3V CR123A batteries, you can use them to replace any of the similar batteries like 5018LC, CR123, EL123, and so on. These batteries are also considered to be the best for everyday electronics. It can also power up high tech equipment like digital cameras. They come with a shelf life of about 10 years, as expected in any CR123A battery.
There are three different types available for different device requirements, critical, frequent, and every day. You can choose based on your requirements.
- Precise long-lasting performance for all your photo equipment and camera
- Can handle high tech devices and deliver high performance.
- It can be used on many electronic devices, including lasers, smart home appliances, flashlights, etc.
- It weighs low on your budget and yet promises to deliver high-end performance and power.
- Ultimate power-up option for critical devices
- Drains faster than expected.
- Mixed reviews on the battery’s lasting performance, with customers pointing that the longevity is not as promised.
If you want to take no chances with the battery’s quality to ensure your device’s performance and longevity, then THTEN is what you can place your trust upon.
With certifications from CE and ROHS, these CR123A 3V lithium batteries promise high-end performance and premium quality materials in their making. The battery is leak-proof, which ensures the safety of the user. Furthermore, it can handle extremes in temperature while being very low on the self-discharge rate.
However, these are not rechargeable batteries and hence are not a good option for Arlo cameras. However, the batteries find a wide range of applications like camcorders, toys, intelligent instrumentation, electric toys, electric meters, calculators, flashlights, digital cameras excluding Arlo, electronic doorbell, smoke detectors, to name a few.
Then ensures that each of the batteries is tested to match the standards set by OEM. With the money-back and warranty offers, you couldn’t go wrong with these batteries.
Recommended for: Ideal for both domestic and non-domestic electronic devices that need a high power supply for a longer run.
- Fast flash performance with consistent and short recycle time.
- Has super low self-discharge
- The batteries are certified for high quality and better performance.
- It can be used for various electronic devices also including intelligent instrumentation
- Offers high performance with lower self-discharge
- It can take extremities of temperature.
- There is a 30-day money-back guarantee offered by the manufacturer.
- There is also a 12-month limited warranty on the product.
- Not rechargeable
- It cannot be used on Arlo camera equipment.
- Longevity is lesser in the motion sensors
For those who use the Arlo cameras, rechargeable batteries are the best companion. They can be used in any device which uses 123A rechargeable batteries of any kind. They can power up many other devices other than the Arlo cameras, including flashlights and electronic gadgets that require high power.
The RCR123A batteries from Kinguard offer a 3.7 voltage of power and can be recharged as many as 500 times to use them repeatedly. Since these best rechargeable CR123A batteries are not charged fully due to transportation, you are required to charge them before you start using them.
They are integrated with the advanced protection against over-discharge, over-charge, short circuit, etc. The batteries have 750 mAh and offer good performance at the temperature from – 77°F to 100°F. These batteries are also environmentally safe and packed in a convenient box to store when not in use.
It is recommended to power up the Arlo camera VCM3030, VMK3200, VMS3330 3430 3530, and other CR123A battery enabled devices.
- Higher voltage and guaranteed high performance.
- It can be used as much as 500 times by recharging them.
- It can be used on Arlo cameras as well.
- Can replace any of the 123 variant batteries in any of the electric devices you may have.
- Advanced protection against over-discharge, overcharging, short circuit, and any other issues.
- It can be used in extreme weather conditions as well without worrying about the performance.
- Compatible with a wide range of CR123A battery enabled and high-drain devices
- It is environmentally safe.
- Protected against over-charge, over-discharge, and short circuit
- Has better customer support in case of any defective product received
- The batteries are not allowed to contain charge or power during transportation.
- The batteries can’t be used in extreme temperatures.
The Tenergy CR123A batteries are the best when you want non-rechargeable batteries that will deliver high-end performance. These are apt for all your common applications and appliances like smart sensors, photo equipment, light meters, cameras, flashlights, and many others. They ensure that your gadgets deliver the best with their high power source.
These batteries have a higher density of energy, which ensures that they last longer than their alkaline counterparts, as expected from a CR123A battery. It can easily replace many other disposable 123A batteries and is completely guaranteed on the safety front and the PTC. They are available in packs of 40 and are a good value for money too.
Every Tenergy battery incorporated pressure, temperature, current protection that prevents excessive discharge and catastrophic incidents.
Recommended: These batteries make the best buy for the appliances or devices requiring a high power supply for a longer period.
- Can handle multiple very commonly used devices.
- It can replace many other disposable 123 batteries in different equipment.
- With PTC protection installed, you don’t have to worry about excessive discharge or other issues.
- Protection from temperature, pressure, and over current.
- They last more than the alkaline batteries, about 3-5 times more.
- ROHS, UL, and UN certified lithium batteries.
- They ensure longer and steady performance in any device they are installed in.
- These batteries have a high energy density that lasts 3-5 times longer than an ordinary one.
- Certified by UL, UN, ROHS for safe battery usage.
- Prevents excessive discharge and damage from PTC protection.
- It has a strange smell.
- Drains slightly quicker.
- These are not rechargeable batteries
Coming from a brand that is well known in the electronics industry, you have nothing to worry about these CR123A batteries. The 3V lithium batteries from Panasonic ensure that you get the best output and high performance while also assuring you of reliable output. They are not rechargeable batteries, though.
Priced reasonably, these batteries are available in a 12 pack set. Whether you want to use them on your alarm sensors or your digital cameras, these batteries will do their work at the optimal level. The reviews have been pretty consistent with the performance of these batteries. With 12 batteries in one set, you will never be running out of batteries any time soon.
What’s more, They come with a capacity of 1550 mAh and a low discharge rate of 1A. Its steady discharge and substantial capacity ensure that the device stays charged for a long time. They continue powering up even in extreme conditions like between – 4°F to 140°F.
Recommend: These batteries make a great choice for high-performance devices, especially for digital cameras and LED flashlights.
- They have a shelf life of ten years at a prolonged self-discharge rate.
- They work fine in many different applications, including flashlights and digital cameras.
- It comes from a reliable brand and is worth the money you pay.
- The dynamic bulk pricing saves up to 20%.
- These batteries are tested and certified by Panasonic.
- Drains quickly.
Factors to consider while buying CR123A battery
When it comes to buying CR123A batteries, the purchase decision can be difficult especial if this is your first time. CR123A batteries need cherry-picking as these batteries are used for high-drain devices and can explode your device if it belongs to poor quality.
So, basically, the abundance of brands in the market makes it a tough job for us to identify the best one. To zero-in the best CR123A battery, you have to know the type of battery you require for your device. Here, finding the best is necessary to ensure the longest life of your device and the batteries.
So, when you shop the batteries around, there are various important factors one should consider in a battery. Below are a few factors you should consider. These factors have a larger impact on dependability as well as quality performance.
Rechargeable or not
You will find CR123A batteries in both rechargeable and non-rechargeable options. With the non-rechargeable batteries, you don’t have to worry about maintenance or constant charging up. They come with excellent energy capacity and can easily last for a decade or more with a low discharge rate.
In the case of rechargeable batteries, you are looking at a longer lifetime. They can be recharged as high as 800 times, depending on the brand, and reused as many times as you want. However, over time, they start holding a lesser charge and require regular charging to retain peak power.
It is essential to check the life of the battery before you buy them. If you want to save on your budget, then choose the one that has the longest lifetime. Most of them can last easily for a decade or more.
Check for the power rating; the higher the rating, the better the performance. If the discharge rate is not a concern, you should look for batteries that can last for a longer period than usual with the highest capacity.
Of course, the money does matter, and there is also the question of availability. You have to first decide on the amount you would like to use for the batteries. You can then choose among the different brands and still choose the best CR123A battery to serve your purpose.
As for availability, the CR123A batteries are available in plenty and from multiple brands too. You can get them within your budget from wherever you are.
Your battery must be reliable in any situation. The performance of a battery is dependent on multiple factors, including the external temperature, the age of the battery, the strength of the battery, the self-discharge rate, and so on.
Some CR123A batteries can work persistently and deliver optimal performance even under extreme temperatures. You have to choose the battery based on the performance to ensure maximum energy and cost-efficiency.
It is a well-known fact that non-rechargeable batteries will end up in a landfill. And if not disposed of properly, the toxicity in them can be a danger to the environment. You have to choose batteries that are not a threat to the ecosystem and recycled in the future.
Apart from the above few pointers, you also need to look at other factors like,
- The device the battery will be used to ensure compatibility.
- Good quality to ensure peak and high power without losing charge.
- The idle time when the battery will be on standby.
- Size of the item to be powered to see if the battery will fit in.
The battery life of the battery makes the “make or break “factor of your purchase decision. So, it is always important to check the battery life before making the purchase decision. You should eye on something that will serve for a longer period and will help you save money.
The good rechargeable batteries work even for a decade and sometimes more. So, how do you find out the best CR123A battery in terms of durability?
First, you should consider the milliamp power rating to know the energy a battery holds. Secondly, you should know that the higher the capacity of energy better and powerful the battery is.
Many factors contribute to a cell’s performance, such as temperature, battery age, drain strength, etc. As mentioned earlier or other batteries available in the market, the batteries vary in performance and get affected by the temperate changes.
However, the best CR123A lithium battery will stand for a longer period in all conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a cr123a battery?
When we speak of higher voltage, we are speaking about a powerful battery. Lithium batteries are typically preferred in applications that require higher voltage but with lesser weight. The CR123A are lithium batteries that guarantee a higher output without adding to the weight. They are smaller in size than an AA battery and can provide a power source, which is nearly 3-5 times more than them. This is also why they make your gadgets function more efficiently than the usual alkaline batteries. If your need is a lithium chemistry battery with a high power source, then CR123Ais your ultimate solution.
What is the difference between a cr123 and a cr123a battery?
Touted to be among the exceptional performers in the world of batteries, the CR123A is just another name for the CR123 batteries. The CR123 batteries are known under various names, including CR123A. When you need a compact and lightweight but high capacity power source that will improve your gadgets’ efficiency, then these batteries come in quite handy. They have an amazing shelf life, and they also offer the highest output even in the most extreme temperatures. Whether you are buying a CR123 or a CR123A or SF123, or any other lithium cell battery, you are invariably buying the same kind of battery. There might be differences in the price and availability of these batteries, though.
What is the difference between rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries?
The simplest explanation would be that rechargeable batteries can be used more than once by charging them, unlike the non-rechargeable batteries. To answer, in detail, the difference lies in their chemical reactions, which provide the batteries’ power. In non-rechargeable batteries, the chemical reaction is irreversible and hence is apt only for single use. You will find that the non-rechargeable batteries offer better power than the rechargeable ones in terms of performance. This is the reason why the lithium powered cells, which are non-rechargeable by nature, are used in making compact non-rechargeable high capacity batteries.
How long does a cr123a battery last?
There are two parts to this question, the one being when they are in storage and when they are in use. When the CR123A batteries are used, they can last about 5-6 years on average, providing optimal power output. Of course, where the batteries are used can also have an impact on their lifetimes. For instance, using these indoor contacts might have faster power consumption resulting in a shorter lifetime. If your battery is in storage, then it can last for as long as 10 years. These lithium cell batteries generally have a low self-discharge, and hence can retain almost 90% of their power even after 10 years in storage.
How much does a cr123a battery weigh?
The CR123A lithium cells powered batteries are known for their compact size and lower weight. They are much shorter and lighter than their alkaline counterparts and deliver a high capacity output for a longer period. Even though these are high voltage batteries, they do not weigh more than 17g, making them the ideal option for many devices like digital cameras, flashlights, binocular night vision, and remote control for drones and many others. There are also batteries. You might get a slightly lesser weight than 17g. Most of these come with a PTC to handle extremities in temperature.
How many volts is a cr123a battery?
Promised to deliver at least double the power of the AA alkaline batteries, these CR123A batteries come with a typical 3Voltage capacity. This is again double the volt capacity of the typical alkaline batteries. This is also why these lithium cell batteries are preferred for high-end gadgets that require higher power support. Any more of the voltage might harm the equipment if they are sensitive. This is why the CR123A is favored in comparison to the RCR versions. Some examples would be digital cameras, flashlights, remote controls where you need a higher power source and lasting performance.
Let’s hope you found the above best CR123A battery review and guide for buying the right CR123A battery. Make sure you keenly consider your device requirement before purchasing any CR123A battery and ensure that the battery meets the requirements.
A wrong cell will do more harm than good to your device. A little knowledge of the best quality and types you require to buy a CR123A battery can be acquainted with the above. This ensures your device’s safety and performance.
Obviously enough, buying the wrong battery will not only cost you money but will also frustrate you. Having the right information at hand will help you make the right choice. The CR123A batteries are known for handling large voltages while remaining compact and lighter in weight.
It is all about the kind of device that requires them and the amount of time they will use, which will decide the right battery. Both rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries have their pros and cons. You have to weigh them on par with your requirements to find the best CR123A battery for your device.