If you wake up with chapped lips, dry skin, and sinuses, it means that the air in your room is excessively dry. So even if you’ve been on an A game in your skin-care routine and manage to get 8 hours of sleep, the air around will still give you the dry skin you’ve been avoiding.
The lack of moisture in the surrounding is critical, especially during winters causing the air in your room to feel drier. One easy way to keep these problems at bay is to buy a humidifier. It emits vapors and adds moisture to the air. They also facilitate the cause of purifying the air and helping plants grow.
Too little and too much moisture can both be unhealthy for you, which is why you should look for the best mini humidifiers for small rooms. Following is a list of the humidifiers that will make your homes more comfortable.
|Crane Drop Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier, Filter Free, 1 Gallon, 500 Sq Ft Coverage, Air...||11,709 Reviews||$54.99 $47.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Honeywell Cool Mist Humidifier, Medium Room, 1 Gallon Tank, Black - Humidifier for Baby and...||12,102 Reviews||$78.22||Buy on Amazon|
|Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier - Premium Unit Lasts Up to 25 Hours with...||60,662 Reviews||$49.99 $38.98||Buy on Amazon|
Best Mini Humidifiers for Small Rooms
1. Crane Drop Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
This humidifier from Crane is a popular choice among healthcare fanatics. With several stunning features, it easily tops our list too!
Having a sleek design, this drop-shaped humidifier is lightweight and easily portable. The 360-degree adjustable mist lid covers the entire room and ensures every direction receives mist.
The humidifier hardly makes any noise while functioning, which makes it ideal for sleep lovers and babies. Moreover, it does not disrupt your activities and works efficiently.
It equips a one-gallon water tank that you can detach, making it easy to refill. Cleaning the humidifier base is also easy as the water level sensor is detachable, allowing you to reach the bottom.
The humidifier is capable of running for 24 long hours before another refill. A green light indicator is turned on and stays on as long as the humidifier is running. However, when the water level stoops, a red light turns on, and the unit automatically shuts down.
The antimicrobial material of the base stalls the growth of bacteria and mold effectively.
- 360-degree rotating lid
- Easy to clean
- Not so durable
- VARIABLE SPEED SETTINGS: No matter the humidity level you would like to achieve we've got you covered. The Crane drop cool mist humidifiers offer variable output settings and an adjustable 360 degree mist lid making it easy to send the mist in any direction. The mist output is perfect for humidifying rooms up to 500 square feet, which is a standard medium to large sized room
- WHISPER QUIET: Crane's Adorables humidifiers runs whisper quiet which makes it the perfect option for light sleepers, kids, and especially babies.
Our take on the product: With an average of 4.4 stars rating on Amazon, this humidifier is suitable for small rooms. It is available in different funky colors, making it look stylish to be set anywhere in the room.
2. Honeywell Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier
With several features, Honeywell offers a wide range of humidifiers to add essential moisture to your rooms.
This cool-mist humidifier uses a wicking filter to blow moisture into the air. Evaporative technology installed in this unit ensures that there is no extra moisture that air can’t hold. It promises to release 99.9% germ-free moisture.
The one-gallon tank is easy to clean, fill and carry around as the hole is large enough to find your hand in. In addition, the large handle of the tank makes it portable. The UV lights kill any mold, bacteria, germs from the water.
Keeping the humidity level in a room between 40-60% improves breathing, protects furniture, and ensures better sleep.
Even when the humidifier runs on low, it makes a noise that most buyers do not find disturbing. The unit is available in black and white colors, with and without filters. It has won an average rating of 4.4 stars out of 5 stars on Amazon.
- Easy to clean
- Long run time
- COOL MIST HUMIDIFIER – Honeywell Cool Mist Humidifier helps to ensure proper humidity levels in your home. Indoor humidity levels between 40-60% can help relieve cough and congestion, keep throat and nasal passages hydrated and more.
- EASY TO USE – This cool mist humidifier includes three speed settings to adjust moisture output and sound level. The wicking filter captures minerals from the water, helping to avoid white dirt. Features a wide water tank opening for easy fill & clean.
Our take on the product: This is a sought-after, durable humidifier that improves air quality and adds mist into dry air. Although it is easy to clean and works well, it is enormous and not very stylish.
3. Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
Pure Enrichments offers a select range of elevated home essentials to improve your quality of life.
This blue and white-colored humidifier rapidly releases moisture in dry air. It can work for up to 25 hours without interruptions. It provides relief from sinus infections and other cold-like symptoms.
The nozzle of this unit is 360 degrees adjustable which ensures mist in all corners of the room to give a balanced effect. It also helps you direct mist away from furniture and electronics and towards spaces that require this mist.
It equips a 1.5 liter which can easily be refilled and cleaned, thanks to its sleek design. Bonus points to this humidifier for including a cleaning brush that’ll help you in cleaning the bottom.
Having a lightweight body, this humidifier is easily portable and can fit on any surface. The ultrasonic technology that it works on ensures quiet and smooth operation.
It is suitable for small rooms as it has a tiny water tank. For better results, use only distilled water which will increase the lifespan of this unit.
- 360-degree rotating nozzle
- Optional Night light
- Small tank
- INSTANT DRY AIR RELIEF: Ultrasonic cool mist technology safely and quickly moisturizes dry air for up to 25 hours of continuous operation so you can breathe easy and get more restful sleep
- YEAR-ROUND COMFORT: High and low-speed settings combined with a 360° mist nozzle help you consistently balance and regulate the humidity in your home all year long for relief from cold-like symptoms and sinus issues
Our take on the product: This humidifier covers an area of 250 square feet, making it ideal for small rooms. It works efficiently and is affordable.
4. ASAKUKI 500ml Essential Oil Diffuser, 5 In 1 Humidifier
Asakuki provides products to create a better life. It offers superior quality items to satisfy the needs of the customers.
This is a multifunction device that gives the benefits of many devices in one tiny unit. The 500ml water tank is easy to clean and use. It projects seven different LED light colors that match the ambiance of your home. Apart from the seven lights, the base, too, comes in three different colors.
The humidifier function of this device keeps the smell of smoking and pets at bay, protecting your homes and family from dry air. It is made of premium quality materials, enabling them to last longer.
In addition to this, it also acts as an essential oil diffuser that emits therapeutic fragrances. So if you are ever feeling down or stressed from the day’s work, turn on this diffuser and enjoy the aroma of healing.
It works noiselessly and has two levels of mist function. There is also an auto-off feature that safeguards it from overheating. With a colossal 4.6 stars rating on Amazon, this seems to be a popular choice.
- 7 LED lights
- Easy to clean
- The water makes dripping noise.
- 5-IN-1 AROMATHERAPY DEVICE: This ultrasonic essential oil diffuser is an amazing multi-functional aromatherapy device unlike any other you've ever used. It features a large and easy to clean 500ml water tank, 7 LED light colors, multiple mist nebulizer modes and remote control, as well as a safety auto-switch that prevents it from overheating in case it runs out of water.
- PATENTED WATER BAFFLE: With the upgraded water baffle design, the diffuser is quieter than ever, plus there is no splash when adding water even the upper lid is removed. The water tank is sloping, so there will be no residual water left, which is healthier and more convenient.
Our take on the product: The size is ideal for small rooms. It is inexpensive and has various bright color options that you can choose from or switch off. This humidifier also works as an oil diffuser which is a great perk.
5. Portable Mini Humidifier, Homasy Small Cool Mist Humidifier
Homasy provides a range of humidifiers to give you forest-like fresh air in the comfort of your homes. It offers the perfect blend of quality and affordability.
This tiny humidifier is palm-size, which makes it portable and highly appropriate for small spaces. Because of this, it hardly occupies any room and can fit easily in your bags while traveling.
The Homasy humidifier powers through a USB port, and you can easily plug it into computers or adapters.
You can choose from two mist modes; continuous and intermittent, whichever matches your needs. The tilted nozzle at the top ensures that the mist reaches a broader space to avoid dry air.
The leak-proof design of this 320ml humidifier ensures that there is no spill. It is easy to clean and use as it works with tap water too.
It can work for up to 8 hours, and the auto-off feature will keep the device from running after the water level runs dry.
- Easy to use
- Not durable
- 19dB Whisper Quiet and 8 Hours Timer: This desktop humidifier will power off automatically after running up to 8 hours when fully filled. Stop worrying about drying out. 19dB whisper-quiet operation (quieter than a computer running) will not disturb your studying, working or sleeping. Ensure safety and enjoy the fresh air.
- Better Humidification: Homasy portable humidifier features a titled nozzle, which spreads cool mist to a wider range. It helps to add moisture to your room and keep your skin moisturized in the dry seasons. Leak proof design reduces the possibility of accidental spills.
Our take on the product: Affordable, lightweight, and quiet, this humidifier is suitable for small spaces and works efficiently. A tiny unit with a great set of benefits, it gives you your value of money.
6. Cool Mist Humidifier with Diffuser and Nightlight, Quiet for Babies Nursery
Frida offers a fantastic set of products suitable for moms and babies. This humidifier is the best one available for babies to ensure they have a good night’s sleep.
This 0.5 gallons tank is easy to use and clean. It covers an area of 320 sq feet, making it ideal for a small-sized baby’s nursery or other rooms.
The mist can be adjusted from gentle to tropical rainforest depending upon the requirement. It utilizes ultrasonic vibrations to release moisture for as long as 12 hours. The quiet operation of this device lets your baby enjoy a dreamy sleep.
In addition to its function as a humidifier, it also acts as a diffuser. So you can combine your favorite essential oils to get therapeutic aromas for enhanced breathing.
You can also use it as a nightstand as it has a different set of colors to create an even better ambiance. So this mini humidifier also functions as a diffuser, nightlight, and all of these together.
With an overall rating of 4.6 stars, we highly recommend this for those looking to give their baby a peaceful night and easy breathing.
- Diffuser and nightlight
- Prone to mold growth
- COOL MIST HUMIDIFIER: Uses the power of ultrasonic vibration to turn water into a cool hydrating mist that runs for up to 12 hours. Mist adjuster goes from gentle mist to tropical rainforest with a twist of the knob. The water tank is BPA free
- DIFFUSER: Add Breath Frida Vapor Drops or any aromatherapy-grade essential oil for easier breathing - it covers up to 320 square feet with a 0.5 gallon tank.
Our take on the product: This is an affordable three-in-one humidifier suitable for tiny spaces and babies’ rooms. It is lightweight and has a detachable plug. They also run for a good 10 hours to 12 hours, releasing strong mist to avoid dry air.
7. UCAREAIR Cool Mist Humidifier
This brand has sworn to make life more beautiful by providing quality air and a fresh environment in your room.
The ultrasonic humidifier covers an area of 200 sq feet and can run for 25 long hours in low mist mode. This coverage makes it suitable for small and medium-sized rooms.
It has a 0.5 gallons water tank with a big hole, allowing you to clean it easily. There is also a secured, more tight grip enabling you to handle it with a single hand. The arc-shaped tank has a unique build and is lightweight.
You will not wake up next to water dripping on your nightstand as this humidifier ensures that the mist subsides into the air and does not remain in the liquid state. Since it does not leave any water, it is furniture friendly and avoids leaving wet floors.
The nightlight equipped in this emits a soothing light to help you avoid the pitch-black darkness of the night. You can also turn off these lights if you are a lover of the night. It also equips an auto-shutoff feature which turns the unit off when the water runs dry.
There is also a 60 days money-back policy on this humidifier, allowing you to return it if you are not fully satisfied with it.
- Easy to use and refill
- Long run time
- Auto shutoff
- 【WHISPER-QUIET OPERATION with ULTRASONIC TECHNOLOGY】 Cool Mist Humidifiers lowers the noise level to 28dB for quiet humidification. So this humidifiers for bedroom won’t disturbing your bedtime, working or study – ideal humidifiers for bedroom kids room or office space.
- 【AUTOMATIC SHUT-OFF for INCREASED SAFETY】Cool Mist Humidifiers will automatically shut off with red LED light on when water level is low or the water tank is removed. No worry when you are in a hurry leaving home.
Our take on the product: It is a small-sized humidifier that is affordable, easy to use, and ideal for tiny rooms. With an average of 4.4-star ratings on Amazon, it boasts an excellent range of reviews by customers who seem to love this humidifier.
Mini Humidifiers for Small Rooms Buying Guide
Checking the price of the humidifier becomes a central feature in the buying process. It helps you decide which unit to purchase as not all items match your price range.
The price of the humidifier becomes a deciding factor as the final decision depends on whether or not you can afford it.
Since you are looking for a humidifier to suit small rooms, its size must comply too. A large size humidifier will neither look good in tiny spaces nor fit accurately.
It is wise to choose small size humidifiers as they won’t take up a lot of space and will also be easily portable.
3. Water tank capacity:
The capacity of the water tank will tell you how long the humidifier works before needing a refill. A small tank demands from you to refill it often, which can be exhausting.
Also, check if the tank is removable and fits under your kitchen sink. It is practical to take the water in a pitcher to the tank if it is too heavy to carry back.
4. Type of humidifier:
It can either be a warm mist humidifier or a cool-mist humidifier. The warm mist humidifier heats the water and releases mist. The heat can effectively kill germs and bacteria, giving you a healthy and pure environment. Cool mist humidifiers emit an invisible mist, and you must regularly clean it.
5. LED Lights:
Does the humidifier have LED lights, and can they be turned off if you do not require them? These are a few questions that one can look for before buying a humidifier.
The presence of LED lights enables the humidifier to act as a nightlight too!
We tried answering some of the most frequently asked questions regarding humidifiers.
1. Do humidifiers help with coughs?
– Yes, a study has shown that using humidifiers can relieve coughing, as inhaling dry air can make coughs worse. Humidifiers add mist to the air and provide a soothing environment to breathe in.
– But ensure that you clean the humidifier often because the growth of molds and other such residues can trigger infections and asthma. So, as helpful as it may be for coughs, it is also essential that you clean it regularly and keep it a considerable distance.
2. Is it good to use a humidifier?
– As we know by now, humidifiers shun dry air by adding moisture into them. This keeps breathing problems and dryness in your throat away.
– When you have a blocked nose or other issues like this, it can ruin your sleep. A humidifier ensures that you get a night of proper sleep and avoid any disturbances by operating quietly and keeping the air around you moist. It’ll help you avoid the inconvenience of itchy skin, chapped lips, and a harsh throat.
3. Can you use essential oils in humidifiers?
– Some humidifiers are designed to suit essential oils for aromatherapy. Do not put essential oils in devices that are strictly not meant for the purpose. You will end up reducing its lifespan or damaging it permanently as it is not capable of holding the oils.
– On the other hand, Diffusers allow you to use essential oils to give out refreshing, pleasant smells.
On the other hand, Diffusers allow you to use essential oils to give out refreshing, pleasant smells.
A humidifier has the potential to act as a catalyst in improving your health and purifying the air around you. It can help nurture plants by creating a stimulating environment. They are safe for babies and pets too.
As choosing the best mini humidifier relates to your health, too, we understand your woes regarding the same. We have listed down the best of the best products to help you get through nights with ease and comfort.
Although you have the final say in the buying process, we recommend the Crane Drop Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier for its features and benefits. If you are looking for a humidifier that also acts as a diffuser, ASAKUKI 500ml Essential Oil Diffuser, 5 In 1 Humidifier is the best choice as its aromatherapy will take you into another universe!
Here is hoping that this list of the Best Mini Humidifiers for Small Rooms served its purpose in helping you!