Having a perfect tool for performing an activity significantly reduces the effort and time required. Moreover, it eliminates the cons of inferior tools like fatigue and injuries.
But, the issue is that are we having the right tool? or are we wasting our money and effort operating weaker tools?
At present, there are dozens of different chainsaw brands to pick from. This makes the customer perplexed. They are unable to deduce the right chainsaw for themself and spend money on the wrong product.
I am a professional logger and recently I have been using Husqvarna 460 Rancher. To my surprise, it turned out to be one of the best chainsaws I ever used in the past 25 years. Hence, I am glad to share my Husqvarna 460 Rancher Review in this article.
In this article, I will be providing a detailed explanation of the various aspects and features of the Husqvarna 460 Rancher Review. Moreover, I will also discuss the pros and cons of it, along with some relevant FAQs to better explain the chainsaw.
Why Should You Buy Husqvarna’s Chainsaw
Husqvarna is a popular Swedish company that has been out there for more than a century. The company was incorporated in 1903 and commenced production of chainsaws in 1959. Hence, Husqvarna is no new name in the market and enjoys humongous goodwill.
Since 1959 Husqvarna has emerged as one of the best chainsaws in the market. Moreover, as per electronicshub.org Husqvarna’s Gas-Powered Chainsaws are #1 in the market.
I assure you that buying Husqvarna’s chainsaws will be the best choice as they offer a premium experience. Moreover, it is one of the most powerful chainsaws brands in the world hence, you won’t be required to face the hassles of poor customer service and difficulties in procuring different parts and attachments for Husqvarna’s chainsaws.
Key Features Of Husqvarna 460 Rancher
- It has the latest X-torq engine which is perfect for low fuel consumption without compromising on the engine power.
- There is an adjustable oil pump that helps us to control the oil flow.
- Its inertia-activated chain brake reduces kickback injuries.
- This Anti-Vibe technology eliminates the majority of the vibration. Henceforth it mitigates the stress and arm ache arising from the vibrations.
- It also has a snap-lock cylinder cover through which we can easily access the air filter and sparks plug. This simplifies the maintenance of the chainsaw.
- The front handle ergonomics gives a good hold of the chainsaw, thereby reducing fatigue.
- Air Purge ensures smooth starting by removing air from the carburetor and fuel system.
- It has a cylinder depression valve which ensures a smoother start without putting in much effort.
- 60. 3cc 2 cycle which gives the power a chainsaw needs to smoothly chew through woods.
Specifications Of Of Husqvarna 460 Rancher
- 966 04 83-20 (20-inch bar)
- Cylinder displacement: 3.68 in3 i.e cubic inches
- Power output: 3.62 horsepower
- Maximum power speed: 9000 rpm
- Fuel tank capacity: 0.9 US pint
- Rate of fuel consumption: 437 g/kWh
- Idling speed of the chainsaw: 2700 rpm
- Spark plug: Champion RCJ7Y, NGK BPMR7A
- Electrode gap: 0.02 inches
- Torque, max.: 3.4 Nm
- Recommended bar length, max: 24 inches
- Recommended bar length, min: 13 inches
- Pitch: 3/8″
- The speed yielded on maximum power: 65.62 ft/s
- The speed at 133% of maximum engine power speed: 87.27 ft/s
- Weight (excl. cutting equipment): 12.79 pounds
- Oil tank capacity: 0.7 US pint
- Equivalent vibration level (ahv, eq) front handle: 3.8 m/s²
- Equivalent vibration level (ahv, eq) rear handle: 6.9 m/s²
- Sound power level, guaranteed (LWA): 114 dB(A), measured 112 dB(A)
- Sound pressure level at operators ear: 104 dB(A)
- Oil pump type: Automatic
- Maximum Pump capacity: 17 ml/min
- Minimum Pump capacity: 6 ml/min
Why Should You Buy Husqvarna 460 Rancher | Product Performance And Key Advantages/Features
There are myriads of reasons why we should go for Husqvarna 460 Rancher. It is because almost all the pages and website has rated this as the #1 chainsaw in the market. Moreover, it has a mesmerizing 4.6 stars rating on Amazon with more than 80% 5 stars. Hence, we can consider this as the most liked chainsaw in the market.
I have condensed my experience of using this chainsaw for 1 year. And I am writing down the key takeaway feature of the chainsaw which is worth noticing.
1. Robust Build Quality
There have been several occasions when the chainsaw fell from a good height. But, unlike other chainsaws there was no issue with the performance, and neither any part got distorted.
Husqvarna 460 Rancher is made from premium heavy quality plastic ensuring astounding durability to the chainsaw. Attributable to the plastic build it is just 12.79 pounds making it extremely portable. Hence, if you are looking for a not-so-heavy chainsaw that is durable as well then this is for you.
2. A Firm Grip
You can use Husqvarna 460 Rancher for hours without getting tired. It is because of its anti-vibration technology and correct positioning of its handles. My efficiency of working for hours significantly improved and earlier I had a problem of shoulder pain after heavy work. All such issues got totally eradicated and the chainsaw works smoothly for hours.
3. Power And World-Class Performance
The 60.3cc X-torq engine gives us the power which professional loggers dream off. Moreover, the gas-powered 3.6 Hp motor makes the work of hours done in a few minutes. You can literally cut down an entire tree in an ephemeral period without getting tired.
The best part is that Husqvarna 460 Rancher does all that and still consumes less fuel due to the X-torq engine. Hence, you get one of the most powerful chainsaws which are also economical to operate.
Pros And Cons Of Husqvarna 460 Rancher
Nearly all products have an equal number of pros and cons. But, this is not the case with Husqvarna 460 Rancher its pros outnumber the cons by a glaring difference. But, for the sake of formulating a complete guide, I am listing down the cons as well which you may consider while buying Husqvarna 460 Rancher.
- Top-Notch build quality that lasts for years.
- Comes in a variety of bar length variants to fit all the requirements i.e from 18 to 24 inch.
- X-Torq technology makes the running cost very economical and it’s good for the environment as well.
- The centrifugal air cleaning system makes simplify the maintenance of the chainsaw.
- It comes with a Smart Start® Technology which makes the starting process of Husqvarna very easy.
- The three-position adjustment to the oil pump lubricates the bar.
- It is a little heavy attributable to the large fuel tank.
- Make noise while running, unlike the electric which works quietly.
Frequently Asked Questions Of Husqvarna 460 Rancher
Recently I came across a couple of FAQs by different customers and speculators of Husqvarna 460 Rancher. I am listing below the most relevant ones which will help you to finalize your decision regarding the purchase.
1. What Is The Main Difference Between Husqvarna 460 Rancher And Husqvarna 450 Rancher?
There are three prime differences between the Husqvarna 450 and 460. Firstly, 460 Rancher has Nm torque while 450 Rancher has 2.6 Nm torque. Secondly, the 460 model has a 60.33 cc engine while the 450 have a 50cc engine. Finally, the 460 model comes with 3.62 horsepower while the 450 model has only 3.2 horsepower.
2. Can I insert a 15 Inches Chainsaw Bar In Husqvarna 460 Rancher?
Yes, you can as Husqvarna 460 Rancher is compatible with the bar of length between 13 to 24 inches.
3. Is Husqvarna 460 Rancher Made Only For Professional Use?
Husqvarna 460 Rancher is a Prosumer-grade chainsaw which is fit for household and professional purpose.
4. Is There An Alternative To Husqvarna 460 Rancher?
Yes, there are a couple of alternatives to Husqvarna 460 Rancher. However, most of them are not as good as Husqvarna 460 Rancher. But, I am listing below two chainsaws that will offer nearly the same performance.
|Poulan Pro 20 in. 50cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw, PR5020||745 Reviews||$246.72||Buy on Amazon|
|EGO Power+ CS1800 18-Inch 56-Volt Cordless Chain Saw Battery and Charger Not Included||1,167 Reviews||$259.00||Buy on Amazon|
The #1 Chaisnaw In The Market | Husqvarna 460 Rancher
My family is being in the logging business for centuries. Hence, I know the role of the right chainsaw in the overall performance. I am glad to say that Husqvarna 460 Rancher is worth the hype as it is worth each penny spent on it.
Generally, I point out a couple of cons and drawbacks of the products in my articles. But, Husqvarna is a flawless chainsaw which offers all the feature we need in a chainsaw.
I am expecting to use it for the years to come and am not in the mood of replacing it with another chainsaw for now. It is because of its exceptional performance with negligible vibration and all that at an economical running cost.
From my side, it’s a must-buy. Regardless if you are a pro or just want to use a chainsaw for household purposes.
|Husqvarna 24 Inch 460 Rancher Gas Chainsaw||255 Reviews||$597.95||Buy on Amazon|
If you are still having any doubts or facing issues in operating Husqvarna 460 Rancher please do let me know in the comment section. I will be more than happy to answer and solve them for you.
Here at BestForConsumer, I have tried my best to provide complete and correct information. I am following a stern guideline for sourcing the information. Moreover, I refrain from displaying the facts and data that is garnered from third-party sources. Because they might have some distorted information that may not be good for our readers.
- Husqvarna Official Website https://www.husqvarna.com
- Husqvarna Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Husqvarna
- Chainsaw Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chainsaw
- Chainsaw safety features Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chainsaw_safety_features