A brush can be an eyesore, and it can render vast parts of your land useless. Clearing it can be quite daunting, especially if you do not have the best tools for the job. It does not matter how motivated you are to reclaim your land; the wrong equipment will suck the will to clear the brush from your property. This is why you have to choose the best professional brush cutter for your land.
There is a wide variety of brush cutters. From string trimmers to rough cut mowers to heavy-duty cutters, you have a lot of options when it comes to choosing the equipment for the job.
To be sure, navigating the world of brush cutters can be a bit confusing. What type of cutting attachment do you choose? Does it matter the kind of fuel it uses? What factors are crucial for you to consider as a landowner? Fortunately, we have all the answers to all your questions regarding the best commercial brush cutter.
Table of Contents
- Best Professional Brush Cutter Reviews
- 1.Husqvarna 336FR 966604702 – best commercial brush cutter
- 2. Troy-Bilt TB42 BC 27cc – best brush cutter for the money
- 3. Swisher WB11524BS Predator – best walk behind brush cutter
- 4. Extreme Heavy Duty 78″ Brush Beaver – best heavy-duty brush cutter
- 5. Streamline Industrial Skid Steer Brush cutter – best skid steer brush cutter
- 6. Makita XUX01ZM5 18V X2 – best electric brush cutter
- 7. Tiger Cordless Grass Lawn Trimmer – best cordless brush cutter
- 8. PowerSmart PS4531 – best strimmer brush cutter
- 9. Remington RM2700 Ranchero 27cc – best gas powered brush cutter
- 10. Blue Max 52623 Extreme Duty – best handheld brush cutter
- 11. Coocheer 42.7CC – best weed eater brush cutter
- 12. Wild Badger Power WBP31BCF – Cheap brush cutter
- Final Verdict
- Factors to consider while buying a Brush cutter
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Professional Brush Cutter Reviews
1.Husqvarna 336FR 966604702 – best commercial brush cutter
Husqvarna is well known for its quality products such as chainsaws, lawnmowers, and of course, brush cutters. This particular product has a fuel capacity of 34.6 cc, which is well above the average capacity. Even better, the X Torq engine boosts fuel efficiency by up to 20%. What this means is that you will have a large tank and fuel efficiency, which is something you definitely want.
The second exciting feature of this brush cutter is its handlebar. As anyone who has ever used a brush cutter will tell you, nothing is more important than the equipment’s design. A poorly designed handlebar will have your hands all painful within minutes of using it. This is, however, not the case with this tool, thanks to its ergonomically designed handlebar.
The Brushcutter can be used with various attachments, including a saw blade, a grass blade, and a trimmer. Its versatility is something you will appreciate about it. With it, you have many tools in one piece of equipment.
- After switching the machine off, the button automatically turns to start for a smoother start the next time you use it.
- The machine reduces harmful emissions by up to 60% because of its fuel-efficient X- Torq engine.
- The harness that comes with the machine has even weight distribution, making it quite comfortable to use.
- The handlebars on the machine are made with the user in mind making it easy to operate the brush cutter.
- The shaft is long, which makes it easy to maneuver around using the machine.
- The machine requires you to mix oil and gas, which can be quite an inconvenience before you embark on the task of clearing the brush.
- The machine has a high vibration, which is mildly annoying and can make your work.
2. Troy-Bilt TB42 BC 27cc – best brush cutter for the money
This brush cutter from Troy Bilt is quite an excellent product. It has a 27 cc capacity, which though not the largest, is certainly adequate. It is a 2 cycle engine. On the bright side, cutters with 2 cycle engines tend to be light, vital for brush cutters. On the downside, they tend not to be efficient and release harmful fumes into the environment.
If you are looking for a versatile brush cutter, you needn’t look any further than this product. You can attach up to 10 different tools onto the cutter! These include pole saws, edgers, trimmers, and more. Amazing, don’t you think?
The handle on the cutter is adjustable, which is rather rare for brush cutters. Both right-handed and left-handed people can comfortably use it. Additionally, the shaft is very straight, which allows you to reach beneath bushes and shrubs with ease. Even better is the fact that this is the best brush cutter for the money.
- The machine is only 14 pounds heavy, which is quite light and excellent considering you have to strap it to your body.
- The machine can be dissembled for more accessible storage. Its compactness will save you a lot of storage space.
- The cutter is strong and can easily cut thick saplings and generally any kind of tough weeds.
- The cutter has low vibration, which makes it more comfortable to use.
- It comes with a two-year warranty that marks the company’s trust in the quality of the machine.
- Assembling the cutter can be quite hard, and the manual is not very helpful.
- Starting the machine is quite frustrating if you do not have the Jumpstart feature, which must be bought separately from the cutter.
3. Swisher WB11524BS Predator – best walk behind brush cutter
This has to be one of the unique products on our list today. It is designed more like a lawnmower than the typical brush cutter, but it can still clear sturdy brush with fantastic ease. The cutter is 24″ wide, which is an extensive cut for a mower, much less a cutter.
The mower is powered by a 15 HP Briggs and Stralton engine. Talk about a powerful cutter! It also has a self-propel feature, which makes it ideal for use on uneven pieces of land. It is the best walk behind brush cutter.
Your safety and that of those near you as you use the cutter is guaranteed. Unlike most brush cutters, the cutting blades on this cutter are hidden beneath the deck, limiting exposure greatly. That way, you know that you don’t have to fear any severe accidents using the machine.
- You do not have to carry the mower around like other cutters, making it easy to use.
- The machine has a wide cut, meaning you will get more brush cleared in less time.
- The machine has a reverse feature that enables you to navigate the land quickly.
- The mower has large tires that will not get stuck as you clear your land.
- The blades in this mower are enclosed to maximize safety.
- The mower is not ergonomic since you cannot control the engine in any way on the handlebar.
- You have to pull the cord several times to start the machine, which can be very infuriating.
4. Extreme Heavy Duty 78″ Brush Beaver – best heavy-duty brush cutter
This cutter by Harleman Manufacturing is of superior quality. Every blade on the cutter is made of heavy-duty stainless steel. With such quality, you can rest assured that you will have the cutter for years to come. It is the best heavy-duty brush cutter.
The 78″ are commercial grade as their large sizes indicate. Better yet, the motor is mighty and can clear bushes of any kind of thicket. If you are looking for a machine that can snap a 10″ diameter tree out of your way in seconds, then this is the machine to use.
The cutter has a reversible feature, which is great for when you bump into unexpected obstacles. It is also a great safety feature as it ensures that you can easily back out of problematic situations. The cutter’s spindle weighs 1400 lbs., which is quite heavy.
- The machine is extremely durable as it is made of steel resistant to rust, rot, and wear.
- The machine can clear the thickest of undergrowth and brushes thanks to its powerful motor.
- The machine has a wide cutting path; you can clear acres of land in a short time.
- The cutter is quite safe to use because of the reversing feature that allows you to back out of unsafe situations.
- The cutter can withstand constant, heavy use because it is made of heavy, grade 50 steel.
- The machine is too heavy, and you will tire quickly when using it.
- The machine may not work so well in small spaces or even lawns with little undergrowth and brushes.
5. Streamline Industrial Skid Steer Brush cutter – best skid steer brush cutter
The Streamline Industrial Brush cutter is one of the best cutters on the market. It has numerous features that you will love. The first is its powerful hydraulic motor that goes through thick bushes and thickets, clearing them without any kind of strain. This is easily the best skid steer brush cutter.
The machine is built to order, which means a superior quality product with every little detail well taken into account. It is marked commercial grade, and rightly so. With a 60” wide cut, this cutter is best suited for vast spaces and lots of undergrowth.
The cutter somewhat resembles a cutter deck. The upside of this is that the blade is covered, which is vital for your safety and everyone else’s. Its safety is further boosted by its hydraulic motor cushion valve, which controls the amount of power dispensed by the motor.
- The cutter is extremely affordable compared to other machines of its caliber.
- It is quite safe to use because blades are not exposed.
- It uses a hydraulic motor, which maximizes efficiency, thus saving you a lot in energy costs.
- The machines’ quality is guaranteed because they are not made in bulk, only when a customer needs one.
- The machine comes with a one-year warranty, which is a testimony to its quality.
- Because the machines are made to order, you will have to wait for up to 4 weeks before getting your cutter.
- The machine is made of a hydraulic motor, which is rather challenging to maintain.
6. Makita XUX01ZM5 18V X2 – best electric brush cutter
Makita is well known for producing good quality brushless motors, and this brush cutter is no exception. A brushless motor, simply put, is one that does not have brushes. This makes it more efficient since it is little if any friction. Moreover, low friction reduces the amount of heat produced by the machine, so this cutter is cooler than most others.
The cutter is also quite powerful with top speed rotations. When going at full speed, it hits speeds of 7 100 rotations per minute. Impressive, don’t you think? There are three-speed settings on this machine to match your needs. You can set the speed to low at 4,200 rpm, medium at 6 000 rpm, and the high speed at 7 1000 rpm.
The machine is battery powered, which is extremely convenient. With this cutter, you will not have to deal with any wires or gas for fuel. This is also the best electric brush cutter since its batteries are incredibly long-lasting. You can enjoy a cool 45 minutes of uninterrupted cutting with the cutter.
- The machine has a powerful motor that will clear a thick brush in a short time.
- The motor’s brushless nature promotes power efficiency, ensuring that your batteries last for a long time.
- The machine uses electric energy, which is clean and does not release any pollutants to the environment.
- Assembling the machine is a walk in the park thanks to its lever- like lock system that takes only a second to attach.
- The machine is cordless, which improves its flexibility a lot; you can use it on any piece of land without needing to be near a source of power, as is the case with most corded brush cutters.
- The machine is quite heavy, and it must be used with a harness that you must purchase separately from the cutter.
- Although you can use the cutter with various tools such as trimmers and edgers, it is only compatible with other Makita tools, which is unfortunate.
7. Tiger Cordless Grass Lawn Trimmer – best cordless brush cutter
If you are looking for an ultra-light and highly flexible brush cutter, this machine from TigerOEM is just the product for you. The machine has a straight shaft for easier penetration into thickets and undergrowth that may be difficult to reach. It weighs a meager 1.9 Kg, which is great if you intend to use it for long periods without tiring quickly.
The speed of this machine is remarkable, to say the least. At 8 000 rpm, you will be able to clear large stretches of land within record time. Add to that its 4 step angle adjustment feature, and you can rest assured that no part of the land will be too far for you to reach. Talk about this being the best cordless brushcutter!
The machine is battery powered, which increases its flexibility significantly. A safety plate covers the cutting blades to ensure the safety of the user. It also comes with a double safety switch to protect you as you use it further.
- The machine makes it easy to navigate obstacles because of its flexible shaft adjusted to 4 different angles.
- The speed of the machine is exceptionally high to help you clear brush faster.
- The machine’s safety plate protects you from accidentally hurting yourself while you cut or trim your property.
- The machine is exceptionally light, so you will not tire much while using it. You also don’t have to strap it to your body, which is a plus in reducing fatigue.
- The machine’s speed can be adjusted to 7 different settings giving you a wide range of options in choosing the appropriate speed for various tasks.
- The machine batteries take a long time to charge, between 3 and 5 hours, which can be quite interruptive as you go about the cleaning job.
- The machine is tiny in size and has a narrow cut width, making it ill-suited for clearing large tracts of land.
8. PowerSmart PS4531 – best strimmer brush cutter
This product by PowerSmart is one of the most fuel-efficient cutters on the list. The 31cc 4 stroke engine is responsible for the powerful cut of the blades. It has a lot more power than a 2 stroke engine, not to mention the convenience of not mixing oil and gas for the engine.
The cutter has 10” blades with 3 teeth, which is quite impressive. Further, this best strimmer brushcutter has a smart start recoil system that makes it very easy to start. With it, you do not have to deal with the frustration of having to pull the cord multiple times before the machine can roar to life.
The machine comes with a shoulder strap that balances the machine evenly on your shoulders. It is also a rather quiet machine, partly because of the highly efficient engine that does not produce excessive heat or noise. There is simply a lot to love about this machine, which is why it is the best brush cutter for blackberries.
- The machine is convenient to use as it does not require you to mix gas and oil, which can be a rather tedious ritual.
- The machine is well balanced, which means that you will not strain one side of your body while using it.
- The cutter is mighty thanks to its 4 stroke engine; it can clear large thickets faster than most other brush cutters.
- Starting the machine is a walk in the park because of its smart start recoil system.
- The cutter comes with a two-year warranty, which means that you will get any defects corrected for free within this period.
- This machine is quite heavy, and this may cause you to tire quickly while using it.
- The fuel cap on some machines leaks, which can be both dangerous and wasteful.
9. Remington RM2700 Ranchero 27cc – best gas powered brush cutter
This product has to be one of the best-designed brush cutters on the market. The machine has a J- Handle, which is well known for its stability and the ease with which you can control the machine’s movements. It also has a quick change that converts from blade to bump head in seconds. Using this weed eater is simply a delight.
The machine has a gasoline-powered engine with a capacity of 27cc. This is a 2 cycle engine, which means that it emits harmful gases to the environment and that efficiency is quite limited. On the bright side, the machine is lighter than the typical 4 stroke engine, making it the best gas-powered brush cutter.
The machine also has little vibration, making it very comfortable and, ultimately, the best brush cutter for small trees. It has a large bump head to save you time as you go about clearing your land. The handles on the cutter can also be easily adjusted to ensure maximum comfort when using the product.
- The machine is very comfortable to use thanks to reduced vibration and highly adjustable handles.
- The 2 stroke engine on the machine is very light, which reduces fatigue significantly.
- The machine can be used with many other tools, including leaf blowers, edgers, cultivators, and more. Its versatility is unmatched.
- The cutter comes with a quality harness that eases fatigue and ensures that you have better control as you clear the brush.
- The metal blades on the machine are of high quality and durable.
- The machine cannot withstand heavy use and tends to snap when used in very thick vegetation.
- Fuel efficiency is highly limited to this machine, which can cost you a lot of money over the long haul.
10. Blue Max 52623 Extreme Duty – best handheld brush cutter
One of the most outstanding things about this machine is its fuel tank capacity. At a whopping 42.7cc, the size of this tank is unmatched. This means that you can use the machine for hours on end without replenishing your fuel reservoir. On the downside, a huge tank means a heavier machine, which is quite undesirable in a brush cutter.
If you detest the vibrating motions of a brush cutter, then you will fall head over heels in love with this product. The machine has anti-vibration handles that enhance stability while using it. You never have to worry about the irritation of excessive vibrations when using this cutter. It is the best brush cutter for brambles.
The machine is extremely light, weighing only 17 lbs. You will not feel the weight, primarily if you use a top-quality harness with this product. This is what makes it the best handheld brush cutter. It is also one of the most competitively priced brush cutters on the market.
- The machine has anti-vibration handles that minimize vibrations significantly.
- The cutter is very light, which means you can use it for long hours before getting weary.
- The cutter easily converts from brush cutter to trimmer at the touch of a button, which is highly convenient.
- You can store and transport the cutter with ease as the shaft can be dissembled.
- The cutter’s fuel capacity is way above the average, which points to fewer interruptions to refill the tank while you cut.
- The trimmer is not cut out for heavy use and quickly breaks down when used in dense vegetation.
- The shoulder strap that comes with the machine is of poor quality, and you may injure yourself if you use it for too long.
11. Coocheer 42.7CC – best weed eater brush cutter
This weed eater deserves a place among the best owing to its high, ergonomic design and extreme efficiency. The machine has a U- Handle design with slip-free features to ensure that you have a solid grasp as you go about the trimming process. Using it is as comfortable as it can be.
The machine has a 10″ cutting path, which is quite remarkable for a brush cutter. You can expect to get the job done in less time, thanks to this wide cutting path. The 42.7 cc engine is also rather sturdy and gets through tough weeds within seconds.
The machine has an air cooling system to ensure that you are not exposed to excessive heat as you go about clearing your yard. The shaft is split for ease of transport of storage. Every little detail is well-thought-out, with this product would be nothing but an understatement. This is the best weed eater brush cutter.
- The cutter has a perfect balance, which is quite helpful for the user.
- You have better control of the cutter thanks to its anti-slip U- shaped handles.
- The machine has an air cooling system to protect it from overheating.
- It is much quieter than the typical brush cutter.
- You can easily split its shaft to make storage and transport easier.
- The casing of the cutter is made of aluminum, which is not as durable as stainless steel.
- Starting the machine can be frustrating as you have to pull the cord numerous times before it can roar to life.
12. Wild Badger Power WBP31BCF – Cheap brush cutter
This machine has a 31cc 4 cycle engine, which is great for fuel efficiency and less emission. It has a quick-start feature, which means you won’t be stuck trying to pull a cord to start the machine. It also has a quick line feed with the trimmer, which takes some of your clearing task’s frustration.
The machine has a 17″ wide cutting path, which is commendable. It is also enclosed in an aluminum casing to minimize vibrations significantly. It weighs up to 21.6 pounds, which is a bit on the heavier side.
The cutter comes with a quality harness that ensures even weight distribution as you go about the clearing of your land. If you are looking for a cheap brush cutter, then this is your choice product. It also comes with a 6- year warranty for homeowners and a 3- year warranty for commercial use. Incredible, isn’t it?
- A 4- cycle engine that ensures maximum fuel efficiency and saves you a lot of money in the long run.
- Reduced vibration makes an otherwise dreary task a bit more enjoyable.
- It has a quick-start feature that makes it very convenient to start the engine.
- It allows for quick line feed with the trimmer, which is quite nice.
- It comes with a 6- year warranty, which points to its high quality and the manufacturer’s faith in the product.
- The engine dies quickly when used with heavy vegetation or thick undergrowth.
- The machine is a bit heavy, which makes it quite uncomfortable to use after a few hours.
Brush cutters are very different. As this list of the 12 best brush cutters reveals, some cutters use gasoline, oil and gasoline, and electricity as their energy source. Others are huge, commercial type cutters suited for heavy-duty use, while others can only deal with the weeds in your lawn. Some mowers are heavy; others are as light as feathers. Although this can be confusing, it also means that you are not restricted when it comes to choosing a brush cutter. All you need is to determine exactly what you need the cutter and choose one that best suits your needs.
Factors to consider while buying a Brush cutter
Brush cutters can be quite complex. Knowing what exactly to look for in the machines can be somewhat confusing. Thankfully, there are only a few major factors that you should consider when it comes to choosing the best professional brush cutter. The first thing to consider is the type of energy that drives the machine.
Source of power
Typically, brush cutters use gasoline and electricity as their source of power. Gasoline-powered cutters are advantageous because they can be used for more extended periods without requiring any refilling. This is particularly true where the engine tank capacity is quite high, preferably over 30 cc. On the flip side, most gasoline powered engines often require you to mix oil and gas for them to work, and this can be a bit tedious.
On the other hand, electric brush cutters tend to be powered by batteries to make them more flexible. This makes them much lighter than gasoline-powered cutters. On the other hand, they are not as long-lasting as the gasoline and oil-powered ones. They are, therefore, not ideal for clearing large tracts of land.
The second thing you should look for in a brush cutter is its versatility. The best professional brush cutter is one that you can use for a variety of property maintenance tasks. In addition to clearing thickets, you want your cutter to be able to trim hedges, blow leaves, cut near edges, and also serve as a cultivator. The best brush cutters allow you to attach as many as ten different tools. Nothing spells versatility better than this.
Thirdly, consider the strength of the machines. Some machines are not meant to be used for tough jobs, especially those that come as cutters and trimmers only. If you use them to clear areas with large vegetation, they will most likely break down or be damaged for good. On the other hand, others are not ideal for small jobs, and you will spend a lot of money on them unnecessarily. Be careful with the machine you buy. Make sure it is well suited for the job.
A final consideration should be the ease with which you can use the machine. Some machines have unique features that make them more comfortable to use. For instance, look for a cutter that has adjustable handles with anti-slip features. Additionally, machines that minimize vibration significantly are great to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Brush cutter?
A brush cutter is a garden maintenance tool that is used to cut thick undergrowth and vegetation. It more or less performs the same function as a lawnmower, with the difference being that it is better suited to deal with the heavier growth that a lawnmower cannot get to.
What is a brush cutter used for?
A brush cutter is used to cut thick undergrowth, tough weeds, and generally to clear unwanted brush on a piece of land. The amount of brush that the cutter can clear depends mostly on its motor size and power. Some brush cutters can only cut a light brush. In contrast, others can cut 10” diameter sized trees within seconds.
What does a brush cutter do?
A brush cutter clears foliage and weeds on a piece of land. Brush cutters are sometimes known as weed eaters because they are the best-suited tool to clear any piece of land of weeds.
How do you use a brush cutter?
The first thing you should do before turning on the brush cutter is to ensure you are in a well-ventilated place and far away from any kind of fuel. Then use the primer bulb at least five times or as many times as the user manual says. Choke the engine and then start the cutter. Ideally, you should move the cutter from left to right because most blades often cut in an anti-clockwise direction. If you are working on particularly heavy vegetation, then make sure you go over the surface twice to make sure that you thoroughly get rid of the weeds.
How does a brush cutter work?
A brush cutter has three main parts; the cutting blade, the engine or motor, and the shaft. The engine usually powers the blades, which rotate like the blades on a helicopter. The rotating motion then clears the weeds and foliage that you intend to cut. You use the shaft to guide the movements of the blades in the desired direction.
Last update on 2021-01-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API