Music is the most soulful element of life. Listening to music heals all your pain and keeps you happy. However, listening to music is more defining when you have a suitable soundbar to hear it. Are you also a sound and music enthusiast? If yes, then you are at the right place. You can discover several soundbars that are offering you great sound. They even come with some astonishing specifications. But are they under your budget?
The budget also decides your purchase decisions. You must be thinking that you will hardly get any good soundbar under $200. If you are feeling so, you are wrong. To help you make the most profitable purchase decisions, the professionals come up with a selective list of top 10 soundbars under $200. But. if you are in a hurry then these three are our top recommendations.
|YAMAHA SR-B20A Sound Bar with Built-in Subwoofers and Bluetooth||497 Reviews||$199.95||Buy on Amazon|
|JBL Bar 2.1 - Channel Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer||2,775 Reviews||$249.95||Buy on Amazon|
|Roku Smart Soundbar, 4K/HD/HDR Streaming Media Player & Exceptional Audio Includes Roku Voice Remote||3,496 Reviews||$379.99||Buy on Amazon|
In this buying guide, you will read about the best 10 soundbars under $200. The simple highlighting of the features in the list will help you make the best purchase decision. You can compare the specifications and select the best soundbar that fulfills all your needs. So, get started by exploring the best 10 soundbars in the list below.
Review of Top 10 Best Soundbar under $200
1. TCL Alto 6+ 2.1 Channel Dolby Audio Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer
The first soundbar that comes into consideration is an Alto 6+ from TCL. TCL is a great brand known for some exceptional equipment. However, what makes this soundbar in the list is the features. The most remarkable feature of this soundbar is the Dolby Digital Sound.
The Dolby Digital Decoding enhances the sound clarity and offers you incredible music. Further, you get deep bass along with this soundbar. The rich bass offers you a great experience while watching movies or listening to music. The most satisfying part about this soundbar is you stream all your music wireless.
This soundbar comes with Bluetooth enables. You can connect with Bluetooth to enjoy seamless music. Besides, the soundbar also offers you several modes of sound. It includes the movie mode, music mode, new mode, and many more. Setting up this soundbar is even easier. You get HDMI, optical, Bluetooth connections to connect seamlessly.
- Dolby Digital sound
- A wide array of sound modes
- Wireless connectivity
- Quick and hassle-free to set up
- Deep Bass and enhancing sound
- Sleek and stylish design
- It takes more time to turn on
- DOLBY DIGITAL: Dolby Digital decoding maximizes sound clarity and creates incredible room-filling virtual surround sound.
- DEEP BASS WITH WIRELESS SUBWOOFER: Experience deep, rich bass to make movies and music truly come to life.
2. YAMAHA SR-B20A Soundbar with Built-in Subwoofers and Bluetooth
Next in the list of considerations comes another great soundbar. This is a soundbar from one of the reputed brands, Yamaha. Yamaha is known for its great musical equipment. However, what makes this on the list is the sound quality and features. The soundbar appears with a built-in subwoofer that offers you super clear sound.
The subwoofer inside the soundbar creates deep bass that enhances the listening experience. The professionals get impressed with the sound clarity of the soundbar. The crisp and clear sound offers the best clarity in dialogues while watching any movie. It also offers you DTS virtual X 3D surround sound.
The most preeminent feature of this soundbar is it comes with Bluetooth streaming. This allows you to switch the sound easily between two devices. Further, the soundbar is also easy to set up. You also get HDMI and optical connectivity to connect them to devices. However, there is a supplementary component that you get along with the soundbar, and that is the remote control.
- Built-in subwoofers enhance the sound
- Superior sound clarity
- Crisp delivery of dialogue while watching movies
- Easy to set up
- Bluetooth connectivity
- It comes with a remote control
- Bluetooth features don’t pair with Google and Alexa
- Built-in subwoofers for deep bass in one slim sound bar
- Clear Voice for enhanced dialogue clarity
3. JBL Bar 2.1 – Channel Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer
Next on the list comes an incredible soundbar from JBL. JBL has been a great brand in terms of audio and sound. The professionals also rate it as a reliable brand for a soundbar. However, what keeps the soundbar on the list is its extensive features. The soundbar has great specifications.
The most prominent feature is well-balanced sound and deep bass. This is a 2.1 featured Dolby digital surround sound speaker that offers you 300w system power. It also has a 6.5-inch subwoofer that comes along with it. This offers you a great sound and rich bass.
The feature that attracts more is the multiple connectivity modes. You will get USB, HDMI, Aux, as well as optical connections. Different sound modes include movies, music, sports, news, and many more. You can pair it with your existing TV remote control to control from a distance.
- Super-stylish design
- Dolby Digital sound
- Multiple modes of connectivity
- Deep Bass
- Wide range of sound modes
- It comes with remote control
- It doesn’t offer much-balanced sound
- JBL Surround sound makes movies come alive
- Rich and deep bass from a 6.5" (165mm) wireless subwoofer
4. Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim TV Soundbar Works with 4K and HD TVs Wireless Subwoofer
Next up on the list is a soundbar from Polk Audio. The sound has a great design that will attract most of the buyers. However, the features that attract the professionals are the excellent sound and value for money. The professionals, after using it find many useful features under $200.
The soundbar offers you enhancing sound quality with rich deep bass and clear sound. It also comes with Dolby Digital decoding that eliminates voice delays and offers you maximum sound clarity. You can also connect it with your 4K HD smart TVs to get an enhanced audio experience. The soundbar also offers wireless streaming of music.
You can connect this soundbar with your smart devices to enjoy music from the best streaming apps. The soundbar is compatible with almost all devices. It offers you multiple connectivity modes. Besides Bluetooth, you also get HDMI and optical connectivity. Setting up this soundbar is much seamless and accessible.
- Excellent sound
- Great design
- Wireless streaming of music
- Easy to set up
- Wide range of sound modes
- It takes time to connect for the first time
- A PREMIUM ULTRA-SLIM SOUND BAR WITH INCLUDED WIRELESS SUBWOOFER – 5 powerful full-range drivers deliver BEAUTFUL RICH SOUND WITH DEEP BASS. POLK’S EXCLUSIVE VOICE ADJUST TECHNOLOGY & Dolby Digital Decoding maximizes sound clarity & reduces voice delays
- EXCELLENT SOUND AND VALUE on par with any mid- to high-range sound bars available in the market. At just over 2" tall, it fits most spaces — easily wall-mount it or place in front of your TV. It won’t block your TV’s bottom edge or IR remote sensor
5. Sony HT-S350 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer: S350 2.1ch Soundbar and Powerful Subwoofer
Next on the list comes a great soundbar from Sony. Sony is a brand known for super-efficient audio. It has a wide range of audio devices. However, what brings this soundbar to the list is the sound modes. The professional likes the seven sound modes that you get along with this soundbar.
The sound mode includes auto sound mode, cinema mode, music mode, game mode, news, sports, and standard audio mode. The soundbar is also famous for voice enhancements. That is, when you listen to any audio, it isolates the voices and amplifies them. This, as a result, helps you reduce the background noise.
The best part about this soundbar is the Bluetooth streaming. You can connect wirelessly to stream your favorite music, shows and connect to your smartphone. There is a preeminent feature in this speaker. S-force pro is the feature that offers you a theatre-like sound. You also get a powerful subwoofer that offers rich bass.
- Ultimate home theatre design
- Powerful subwoofer
- Surround sound
- Wide range of sound modes
- Bluetooth streaming
- The subwoofer doesn’t produce enough Bass
- Ultimate Home Theater Upgrade: Sony 2.1 Channel Sound Bar System With Wireless Subwoofer for Optimized Audio
- Audio Comes Alive:320W total power output brings content to life with incredible volume and clarity
6. VIZIO Soundbar for TV, 36” 2.1 Surround Sound System for TV with Wireless Subwoofer
The next one in the lineup is a soundbar from VIZIO. This is a soundbar that is designed for all TVs and other smart devices. It is harmonious with all those devices that have wired and wireless connectivity. However, what the professionals like about the soundbar is the louder sound with clarity.
This soundbar offers you highly enhancing sounds with powerful bass. The most vital reason behind this sound is the sub-woofer. This soundbar comes along with a powerful subwoofer that enhances the sound. This professional finds it impressive as it offers three times more sound than any other soundbar.
Another great feature of this soundbar is the virtual surround sound. The DTS Virtual offers you surround sound while you are streaming any movie. The soundbar offers you a theatre-like experience in your home. Besides, the soundbar is also easy to set up. You can keep it in any part of your house.
- Enhancing performance
- Great sound quality
- Sleek design
- Wireless connectivity
- Deep and rich bass
- Powerful subwoofer
- There are no HDMI ports
- Performance 3 total speakers create louder, clearer, and more powerful sound.
- Wireless Slim Subwoofer Experience deep, booming bass with a slim-profile design, the subwoofer can either lay on its side to be placed under a couch, or stood upright to discreetly fit in a corner of your space.
7. Yamaha SR-C20A Compact Soundbar with Built-in Subwoofer and Bluetooth
The next one on the list is from Yamaha again. As you know, Yamaha is a great brand for musical equipment. Thus, it also impresses you with a great range of soundbar. However, this soundbar comes on the list for its enhanced dialogue clarity while watching movies. The professional find the soundbar great for watching cinema.
Besides the clear voice and enhanced voice clarity, this is a great soundbar that comes in a built-in subwoofer. That implies; you don’t need any extra space to keep your subwoofer. The sound is much clear and surprising when it comes to bass. You also get wireless connectivity, as this soundbar connects with Bluetooth.
The most agreeable part about this soundbar is it is easy to set up. You can connect it with your HDMI cables, optical cables, and also with aux connections. Thus, it doesn’t matter if you have a Bluetooth-enabled device. The soundbar is also wall-mountable that comes along with keyholes.
- Built-in subwoofer
- Sleek and attractive design
- It comes with a remote
- Easy to set up
- Truly wireless
- Sometimes doesn’t even power up
- Built-in subwoofer and passive radiators for surprising bass
- Clear Voice for enhanced dialogue clarity
8. TaoTronics Three Equalizer types Audio output for TV, 32-Inch Wired & Wireless Bluetooth.
Next in the line is a soundbar from TaoTronics. This is also a great brand when it comes to audio. However, what the professionals like about this soundbar is its wide range of features and room-filling sound. The speaker delivers a great sound and high-end audio experience.
Besides, you get multiple modes of connectivity. It includes both wired and wireless modes of connectivity. In wired connectivity, you get a standard audio cable connection, RCA, and optical connection. You also get three different equalizer modes. You can set up a fine-tune with these equalizer modes. It also comes with remote control. That implies; you can access it from a distance.
Further, it also does have a LED screen to show you all the music and audio info. The design of the soundbar helps you save space. You don’t need any extra space to store the subwoofer, as it comes built-in. The soundbars offer you a theatrical experience while watching movies.
- Room filling sound
- Sleek design that saves space
- It offers you a cinematic experience
- Remote access to the soundbar
- LED screens
- It takes time to set up
- Room-filling sound: powerful speakers deliver a round, high-end audio experience
- Multiple wireless and wired connections: easily connect to the sound bar via Bluetooth 5.0 or standard audio cable Connection, RCA, and optical input
9. Roku Smart Soundbar, 4K/HD/HDR Streaming Media Player & Exceptional Audio Includes Roku Voice Remote
Next on the list is another excellent soundbar from Roku. Roku is an emerging brand when it comes to audio. However, what keeps it on the list is the powerful 4K streaming. This soundbar comes with superior built-in sub-woofers. These sub-woofers enhance your experience while 4K streaming.
The soundbar is also famous for its premium sound. You can enjoy a cinematic sound full of rich bass and dialogue clarity. The soundbar also offers you seamless sync to any video streaming platform. What is more attractive is you can also watch live TV without any cable.
The best and the most advanced feature that you get along with this soundbar is the voice remote. You can operate your soundbar using the voice remote with your command. You can also use your speech to search for anything on streaming platforms. Further, setting up this soundbar is easy. You can connect with HDMI or with wireless mode.
- Simple to set up
- It comes with a voice remote
- Fine-tuned sound
- 4K streaming audio clarity
- Sleek and great design
- It doesn’t offer you many sound modes
- Watch what you love: Upgrade your streaming with a massive selection of free, live, and premium TV, including Roku Originals and 150 plus free Live TV channels on The Roku Channel
- Powerful 4K streaming: Stream what you love with the built-in Roku player, including free TV, live news, sports, movies, and more from thousands of channels. Plus enjoy HD, 4K, or HDR picture optimized for your TV with sharp resolution and vivid color
10. VIZIO Soundbar for TV, M-Series 36” Surround Sound System for TV, 2.1 Channel
This is the last soundbar that comes on the list. This is a soundbar from Vizio. However, what adds this to the list is its advanced features. This soundbar does have 2-way speakers that offer you the sound equals to six speakers. The sound quality that you will get is quite clear and rich.
This soundbar comes optimized for all the 4K HDR content. When you connect it with any device that supports 4K, you get the best sound. The sound clarity that you get is quite loud and clear. It offers you 98Db sound pressure. You also get DTS virtual. This is a feature that offers you virtual 3D sound.
The dimensions of this soundbar are so precise and accurate that it looks great. The soundbar will also not consume much of your space in your house. There are no extra sub-woofers, as it comes in-built. The new modern design is the major USP of this soundbar.
- New enhanced design
- Easy to set up
- Optimized for 4K HDR content
- The sound is loud and clear
- 2-way speaker
- It doesn’t come with a remote
- New Modern Design Angular all-in-1 design packed with performance and slides beneath your TV for a clean look.
- 6 Precisely Designed Speakers 2-way speaker design with separate tweeters and woofers create richer, clearer sound.
These are the top 10 best soundbars that come under $200. Now that you know the best soundbars, you should also know about the factors that help you make the best buying decision. The below section of the study is buying guide by the professionals that offers you the best soundbar.
Buying Guide: How to Choose the best Soundbar Under $200
Choosing a soundbar may seem easier to you, but there are many factors that you need to consider. The attributes play a vital role in picking the best soundbar. You need to examine all the features and attributes to find the best soundbar under $ 200. Here are the attributes that you should consider before buying a soundbar.
1. Choose a Soundbar with Two or More Channels:
Most of the soundbars these days come with more than two channels. The standard version of the soundbar comes with 2.1 channels. The 2.1 channels imply two front channels along with a separate sub-woofer. However, most of the advanced subwoofers these days come with built-in subwoofers. So, you get two speakers that also come inside the bar.
If you want true sound with rich bass, you should always purchase the soundbar with 2.1 channels or more. In the multi-channel, some of the soundbars also offer you Dolby Digital. It offers you more immersive sound.
2. It Is Better to Go with an Active Sound Bar:
Before you get confused about what is an active soundbar, you should know what it is? The soundbar these days comes of two types active and passive soundbar. The active soundbars are the one that comes with built-in subwoofer. However, the passive soundbars are the ones that come with separate sub-woofers. This is a great attribute that you should look for.
This is because; choosing an active soundbar will help you save space in your home. So, why not save space with the same features.
3. Don’t Overbuy:
This is another circumstance that you should consider while buying your soundbar. If you buy a soundbar to connect only with your TV, you should not go for the pricy ones. You should see the soundbars with the same features under budget.
You would also be having your TVs in-built sound, so you should not buy larger home theatres. Instead, you should buy the soundbars for under $200.
Always go for excellent sound quality. However, if you are watching soundbars to connect with your smart devices, you can look out for features and other optimized features that you need.
4. Make a Comparison of the Warranties:
Warranty is the most vital thing that you should check before buying any electronics. Similarly, when it comes to the soundbar, there are warranties that you get from different brands.
The warranty coverage by the brands assures you that you will get a maximum lifetime. Further, when the brands offer you more extended warranties, it implies that they are quite confident about their build quality.
Thus, warranties are the components that you should never ignore. You should expect a minimum of 12 months of coverage before buying the soundbars. The most vital thing is you should always check the warranties before you buy.
5. Don’t Ignore the Connections:
When it comes to the soundbar, connectivity is another essential element that is inevitable. The soundbars usually come with several connectivity modes. Here are the connectivity types that you should expect from your soundbar.
Most of the soundbars come with HDMI connectivity. The HDMI connectivity in the soundbars will include an HDMI output to the TV. This enables your soundbar to change between the video source and the components. Many HDMI connections also support audio return channels. They are either ARC or eARC. The difference that you get between ARC and eARC is the immersive sound and higher resolution bandwidth.
This is the most common connectivity technology that you will find in the soundbars. This enables you to send the music from one device to other. The receiving device or the output device would be your soundbar, and the sending devices can be mobile phones, tablets, computers, laptops, and many more.
Wi-Fi is a connectivity technology that enables you to connect truly wireless and stream music online. You can connect the soundbars to streaming platforms like Spotify to listen to seamless music and audio.
4. Audio Inputs
The audio inputs are the cable mode of connectivity. Like the HDMI cables, it sends signals with RCA and optical cables. Most of the soundbars that you buy offer RCA and optical connectivity. But some soundbars don’t offer you this connectivity. These are the must-have connectivity modes that you should expect in the soundbars.
Aux connectivity is great mode connectivity. This mode allows you to connect your soundbar to any other device just using a single aux cable. This is the most useful connectivity that allows your smartphones to get connected to your soundbars instantly.
6. Other Considerations that You Should Think about:
Besides all these characteristics, there are some other considerations as well. Here are some of them:
7. Switching Between Sources:
Do you want your soundbar to switch between sources? Then you should make sure that the soundbar at least two HDMI inputs and optical connections as well. When you move to a 4K HDR TV, you can connect with HDMI, and when you are watching content that is not 4K, you can switch to optical.
8. Consider Dolby Digital, the New Immersive Audio Format:
If you are buying any soundbar under $200, this is a feature you should look for. The Dolby digital allows you to get immersive audio. The current soundbars come with two different features. It includes the Dolby Atmos and DTS X.
These are the newest sound technology that offers you immersive audio. Thus, if you are purchasing soundbars, you should look for these audio format supports.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Best Soundbar Under 200?
TCL, and Yamaha are the best soundbar under $200. However, there is a brand like Sony and JBL that offers you a great sound. But the professionals find TCL and Yamaha as great brands to buy.
2. Are Cheap Soundbars Any Good?
Yes! The cheaper soundbar offers you a great output. Under $200, you can find a plethora of features in your soundbars. Then why not cheaper! You can also get soundbars for $1000. But are they worth it? The cheaper ones offer you a great output.
3. What Size Soundbar do I Need For a 55 inch TV?
The soundbar with more than 2.1 channels is best for your 55 inch TV. The 6.3 inch soundbars are great and offer you great results. But in the end, it is the performance that matters. Thus, you should always look for performance instead of the size of the soundbar.
4. How Much Should I Spend on a soundbar?
You can get an extensive range of the best soundbars by just spending $200. But eventually, it is up to you about how much do you want to spend. This is because; the final decision is always yours.
Keeping it short, these are the reviews of the best soundbar under $200 that you can buy under $200. Now that you know the expert review, you will be able to make a better decision. However, while purchasing any soundbar, you should never ignore any attribute mentioned in the buying guide.
The buying will help you make the best buying decision. In the end, you should pick the soundbar that meets your requirement. But don’t make an over pricy selection.