Are you searching for the best tent air conditioner? If yes, then you have come to the right place.
In the summer, a huge number of Americans go camping each year. Tent air conditioners can be a godsend during the summer months if you are tent camping.
If you don’t have to best tent air conditioner for your camping your hot summer days afternoons are not going to be go well in your trip.
Most air conditioners can be used as tent air conditioners if the campsite is powered. If you are looking for a mini-compact air conditioner, it must still be powerful enough to cool your tent.
So I got out there and did my research for the best tent air that you can purchase without getting confused by thousands of options are available in the market right now.
The Black+Decker air conditioner is an extremely powerful tent air conditioner with power of 8,000 BTUs, making it able to cool down an entire room up to 150 square feet quickly. This will cool up your tent easily in less time and even in extreme hot conditions.
A choice of three-speed settings available: low, medium, and high. In addition, the speed of the fan can be automatically adjust based on the temperature.
See Also: Best Tower Fans
Additionally, to cooling, the air conditioner dehumidifies the tent. Due to the dehumidification, you will be protected against bacteria growing inside the tent.
You have access to an LED-based control panel that can be used to set the temperature according to your suitability and can go as low as 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you’re already warm and want to turn down the temperature, what do you do? You can use the included remote control without a problem.
- It provides 3-in-1 functionality.
- A strong cooling power of 4,000 BTUs (8,000 BTUs ASHRAE)
- Simple to clean and easy to use.
- Installing the software is simple and quick.
- Automatic-fan setting uses the fan to regulate the temperature while you are sleeping.
- Even on high settings, the noise level does not exceed 53dB.
- It offers power cord that measures 83 inches in length.
- The brand offers a 1-year parts warranty and a 5-year compressor warranty.
- Control Panel lights are dim and will not cause distraction when used in night
- It’s a bit on the expensive side.
- It may be difficult to lift if required.
- QUIET & POWERFUL - Our 5,000 BTU DOE (8,000 BTU ASHRAE) compact air conditioner (16.5 x 11.5 x 26 in,) will keep you cool and comfortable all summer. An adjustable fan speed cools the air to 65°F at the coolest setting. Sleep mode makes it extra quiet while you rest
- PERFECT FOR SMALL ROOMS - This floor-standing portable AC unit provides steady, fast, effective cooling for rooms up to 150 sq. ft. It’s the ideal small air conditioner for dorms, apartments, cabins, campers, offices, bedrooms, or living rooms
MIDEA Window Air Conditioner is perfect for camping enthusiasts with small tents. This window air conditioner weighs just 41 pounds and is extremely lightweight and portable to carry around your camping trips.
I provide a power output of 5,000 BTUs. This can fill up most of the tents will chill easily, but still, if you want something even big then some models offer output as high as 1,200 BTUs
Although this model may not satisfy all campers, it does the job for the majority.
The temperature can be adjusted in seven ways, which is suitable enough for most of the tent needs. You’ll also benefit from its energy efficiency, which is crucial if you are taking in electricity budget in mind while purchasing this product.
To keep your air fresh, this AC uses air filters that can be removed and reused.
The air filters work to clean the air around and prevent any harmful particles from entering your tent. Also, the filters are made to be used easily and can be cleaned as easily too.
- There is a 2-in-1 functionality to it.
- Straightforward, Effortless Operation.
- A compact window air conditioner with 5000 BTU of cooling power
- This product comes with a washable filter.
- The window AC is lightweight and portable, making it perfect for tents.
- It is extremely affordable when looked at the features in provide.
- It is incredibly energy efficient.
- Seven different cooling settings covers most of the needs.
- It comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- It has mechanical controls and cannot be controlled with a remote.
- FAST COOLING: 5,000 BTU window-mounted mini-compact air conditioner is perfect for cooling a room up to 150 square feet. Quickly cools down your home, office, or apartment for maximum comfort
- EFFORTLESS OPERATION: 7 temperature settings, 2 cooling/2 fan only speeds and 2-way air direction give you the perfect amount of cooling every time
The Costway air conditioner is ideal for campers who like to sleep in very cold tents. These 8,000 BTU portable air conditioners are among the lightest ones available in the market.
It comes with three different modes: fan, cooling, and dehumidifier and is essential for tents with small spaces. The fan mode lets you choose from two different speed settings: low and high.
With a high-speed fan, the dust and dirt will be spray like confetti throughout your tent. The temperature range of the compact air conditioner is between 64°F and 86°F.
The device has a sleeping mode that reduces noise levels to 56 decibels. Additionally, it offers a 24-hour timer that you can set manually.
You can use several air filters inside the AC to purify all the impurities that come inside the tent.
- The Ac has multiple protection functions.
- The AC cooling rate is 8000 BTU/Hr.
- A simple installation and cleaning process.
- The power supply operates at 110V-120V and 60Hz.
- The temperature range of the AC is 18-30°C (64-86°F).
- The temperature can drop as low as 64°F.
- The caster wheels make it easy to lock into place.
- The portable design makes it ideal for kids to carry around.
- You can choose between a low and high fan speed depending on the size of your tent.
- Indicator lights indicate when the bucket is full.
- The device is somewhat loud, even when in sleep mode.
- 【Fan Mode and 2 Optional Fan Speed: 】The multiple functional portable air conditioner offers fan mode as well as cool, dry, and sleep modes to meet various needs of users. Under the fan mode, there are 2 fan speeds accessible, and you can set the high or low speed as you wish.
- 【Sleeping Mode and Quiet Operation:】 In sleeping mode, this air conditioner will become quiet (Noise≦56dB). It’s able to maintain the temperature while you are sleeping. And you can use the 24-hour timer in combination to free you from additional worries.
Homelands is a portable air conditioner with 14,000 BTUs that can cool spaces as large as 700 square feet. Setting up and cleaning the unit is simple. The unit even reminds you when to change the filter!
The AC is equipped with a built-in 100-pint (47-litre) dehumidifier, which releases the hot air through the exhaust hose. This dehumidifier does not come with a water reservoir, so it comes with a drain hose for the dehumidification function.
Ideally, the room should be between 400 and 600 square feet, but some customers say their portable air conditioner provides great cooling results in rooms as big as 800 square feet.
A common complaint with portable air conditioners is how much noise they produce, but this isn’t a problem with the home labs.
HomeLabs Portable AC features an adjustable temperature and cooling modes, a customizable sleep mode, and remote control. Using the LED display or the remote control, you can adjust all of these settings.
- This portable air conditioner has a capacity of 10,000 BTU.
- It comes with a washable air filter and remote control.
- These sliders and adapters allow you to adjust the windows.
- The Ac has 300 to 450 Square Feet capacity.
- The warranty is two years.
- It is made from durable materials.
- The design of the AC is sleek and simplistic.
- AC units are designed for large spaces.
- Portable air conditioners like this one are among the quietest on the market.
- It is portable and can be easily moved.
- There is a problem with the AC’s shutdown timer.
- PORTABLE, QUIET ENERGY-EFFICIENT AIR CONDITIONER - Experience a cool and relaxing day at home with the hOmelabs portable air conditioner. It cools quietly and is perfect for 450 to 600 square feet room with horizontal window opening. Equipped with an automatic vertical swing function that evenly distributes airflow throughout the room
- EASY TO INSTALL, NO HEAVY WINDOW UNIT TO LIFT - Our portable AC measures 17.9 x 15 x 30.7 inches and has wheels so it can be easily moved to any room that has a window accessible. Simply attach the hose and the window slide adapter, plug in the power supply and you’re good to go. Most customers are able to install in 8 minutes or less. At the end of a season or when you don’t need it, simply unhook the unit and store in your closet, basement or garage
This HPP08XCR is a simple portable air conditioner. Access to an electrical outlet and a window is required in addition to the remote control and power cord.
The window installation kit is suitable for most types of windows. However, if the opening is more expansive than three feet, the panels may not cover the whole space.
There are extension panels available for large windows that can be purchased separately. Most customers choose to make their panels by glueing cardboard to duct tape for more oversized windows.
The 8,000 BTU units are meant for small rooms measuring up to 200 square feet. There is little space requirement for its 44-pound weight.
The air conditioners removable filter is located next to the exhaust hose. The filter can be washed and reused, and you can clean the dust and debris from your portable air conditioner in the sink and then place it back in the unit.
Air conditioners come with a discharge vent near their front. Rather than a small stream of cool air, this vent distributes a large air path through the room.
It should only take a few minutes to start cooling a less than 200 square feet room if you follow the recommendations. In addition to the control panel, the digital display is only visible from the top of the air conditioner. You can also manipulate the settings using the remote control without having to go to the air conditioner.
There are three operating modes on the Haier HPP08XCR, which are typical on portable air conditioners. Users can switch between fan, cool, and drier modes. Additionally, it has a speed controller for the air conditioner as well as the fan.
- The system provides 8,000 BTUs for rooms up to 200 square feet.
- Includes remote control with everything you need to control the device.
- It includes a digital temperature display and time display.
- This air conditioner weighs 44 pounds.
- The product measures 11.8 x 27.2 x 12.2-inches.
- There are excellent features such as a dehumidifier.
- The AC has a remote control with full functionality and a timer with 1-24 hour settings.
- The air conditioner is also equipped with casters that allow you to move it quickly across the floor.
- If you follow the manufacturer’s instructions for proper care and room size, this appliance works well.
- Currently, no Wi-Fi or smart Haier portable air conditioners are available.
- Electronic controls with full function remote control
- Digital time/temperature display and control with 24 hour on/off timer
The Tosot is the best choice for light sleepers looking for a quiet AC. It seems like this compact and lightweight air conditioner costs quite a bit of money due to its sleek design.
Although it is not the most affordable unit on this list, it has a power output of 8,000 BTUs comparable to other models.
The air conditioner here is not just a simple appliance. It provides 2.3 pints of humidity per hour and is a combination fan and dehumidifier. Your tent will be cooler if it’s dry than it would be if it’s humid, and your air conditioning will function better.
This air conditioner can produce 49 decibels of noise at low fan speeds, making it sound like you are sleeping in a very quiet library.
The night mode function will turn off the control panel light automatically. It also offers a child lock feature to avoid children tampering with the settings.
- It has ASHRAE-rated, 8,000 BTU cool air.
- This air conditioner is simple to install.
- This fan comes with new X-Fan Technology, which ensures that the fan spins at a slow, silent pace.
- There’s no noise at all. When the fan is running at low speed, the maximum noise level is 49 decibels.
- Portable AC with fan and dehumidifier that removes 2.3 pints of water per hour.
- It is very quiet when in operation..
- In Night Mode, the LED panel’s light is dimmed.
- When used in a tent, it provides excellent dehumidification.
- The child lock setting provide security from accidental tampering with the settings.
- Compact air conditioners aren’t exceptionally lightweight.
- Powerful Cooling: Cool spaces up to 300 square feet with an ASHRAE-rated 8,000 BTUs of cool air (5,000 BTU 2017 DOE Standard) perfect for your home office, bedroom, or living room.
- 1 Product, 3 Uses: This is not only a Portable AC but also a fan and dehumidifier capable of removing 2.3 pints(1.1L/hour) of water per hour. Drier air feels much cooler than humid air and allows your AC to work more efficiently.
Serenelife is the best option for campers who have old tents prone to mildew build-up. Air conditioners of this brand range between 8,000 and 12,000 BTU. This model has 8,000 BTUs, which is plenty to keep the air cool in a tent.
The model is also a bit smaller and lighter than other tents with higher BTU ratings, and there is only so much room in a tent.
Considering that it weighs only 46 pounds, that’s incredible for an air conditioner. The equipment we use for camping should be lightweight and compact.
There are three modes on this portable AC unit – cooling, fan mode, and dehumidifier. Remote control lets you adjust the temperature, fan speed, timer, and mode settings by simply pressing buttons.
The tent is less hospitable to mould and mildew when the humidity inside is lower. The unit selector is also a helpful feature. If you are camping with international friends, the AC can display temperature either in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- The air conditioner has four different modes: cooling, heating, dehumidifier, and fan.
- The Ac has 8000 BTU cooling power.
- This item has motorized rolling wheels with low noise.
- The digital air conditioner is operated by remote control.
- The AC comes in a lightweight, compact, slim body design.
- You can quickly move it since it weighs 47 pounds.
- The unit selector function lets you choose between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- Besides its incredible ability to remove moisture, it also helps with heating.
- The cooling capacity of the unit is 215 square feet, which is way more than you need.
- All settings can be changed remotely using the remote control.
- The power cable is just 4.3 feet long.
- Dimensions: 14.6’’ L x 13.8’’ W x 27.2’’ H | Weight: 53.02 lbs
- Your purchase includes: Portable Air Conditioner, Window Mount Kit, Quick Setup Guide, Remote Control (batteries not included).
Best Tents with AC Slots or Ports
So if you want to on full camping and planning to have a portable AC with it, you might also want to look up for some Tents that support Air Conditioner slots.
In order to choose the right tent for you and your family, you need to know the features and specifications of each tent, so that you are fully armed with knowledge.
Bushnell Shield Series tents are easily set up in 2 minutes with their instant-set-up technology. Inside the tent, you’ll find poles that are attached with solid fabric materials.
It is known for having multiple rooms with weather shield technology and two AC ports vents and is the best tent for you. Its only downside is that its zipper sometimes sticks.
In addition, you will be able to see the heat and weather shield technology. Using this technology, you can protect your family from rain, winds, sun, and UV rays.
A significant reason why this tent stands out from other tents is that it is constructed from durable materials. Unlike other tents, you can quickly set up this tent. It will make your trip more enjoyable and memorable.
Finally, the Bushnell Shield Series tent may be the most suitable for you since it comes with a space for an air conditioner and a few extra accessories.
- Two-minute setup technology makes setting up an air conditioner easy.
- There are two AC ports on this unit.
- Besides its incredible ability to remove moisture, it also helps with heating.
- The slot is composed of premium and durable materials.
- The tent can accommodate 12 people and has a multi-room feature.
- Sometimes It Gets Wet When Raining.
- INSTANT 60 SECOND SETUP TECHNOLOGY: Poles come pre-attached to the tent for quick assembly - unfold and extend leg poles until they click into position.
- A/C GROUND VENT: This 11ft x 9ft floor plan and 72in center height tent includes A/C vent (A/C not included) - but keep the fly on to contain the cool air!
Make camping an even more memorable experience for your family and friends with a Wenzel 8 Person Klondike tent. This tent is equipped with a weather-protection feature that keeps you and your family dry and protected from rain and wind.
Another exciting aspect of the tent is its 2 Queen Airbeds and 6.5 feet of headroom.
This tent is distinguished by its convertible screen room technology, which makes it bright—best-camping tent with an ac port, air vents on the roof, and a spacious interior.
Because of the premium materials that are used to manufacture this tent, it is durable and robust. There are three seasons of living available for you, withstanding all types of weather.
Its unique feature is the high-low ventilation technology inside the weather armour. Finally, if you plan a summer trip, the Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent is an excellent choice.
- It is possible to cover screen room technology.
- You’ll find a “T”-style door on this unit.
- The room is ventilated with mesh.
- The Seamed-Seal Fly with Removable Technology.
- The tent is designed to sleep eight people.
- It is equipped with Pin and Ring Technology for quick and easy setup.
- This area is not covered by wind or rain.
This Core instant tent is designed in such a beautiful way, and it looks like an umbrella with walls and floors attached to it. The product is ready instantly. Such a large tent with this kind of quality is pretty impressive.
The incredible living space and accommodation for nine people will allow you to plan a vacation that you will all enjoy and live comfortably throughout. However, it is always recommended to take one person fewer than the stated number.
On the floor, you get 14 X 9 feet of space, making it easy for you to organize your stuff inside the tent.
Also, one of the best features of this tent is that, as the name suggests, it is a cabin tent with tall vertical walls, giving you about 6.5 feet of standing space, and you will not have to bend at all inside the tent.
Additionally, CORE 9 instant cabin tents feature double doors on each side that make entry and exit easy.
- It takes very little time to set up and break down.
- Windows with large panes for better ventilation.
- A good value for the money.
- Easy and quick to set up. It took me about 3-6 minutes by myself.
- There are two side-by-side air vents in the main cabin.
- Occasionally, the zipper can become difficult to close and stick.
Factors to Consider Buying the Best Tent Air Conditioner
1. Electrical Source
The first thing you should do is determine if your campsite provides electric power. Even though many public campgrounds have electricity, the voltage may vary.
Hook-ups usually range from 5-16 amps, so your AC needs to be compatible with the power source of your chosen campsite.
By overloading the local electric network, you might fry the device, or worse – make the entire site dark. In addition to an extension cable, you will also need a power source.
You can also choose to purchase a 12V battery to serve as a backup or recharge source.
You will need to move your tent air conditioner more than once a season, unlike home AC units. It means that you should purchase one that you are comfortable operating.
The tent air conditioner comes in two varieties: window mounts, the same as those you’d install in your home, and portable units. It’s necessary to pick up window mounts before installing them on the tent, so weigh them and figure out if you can lift them.
Despite their portable name, portable units are often as heavy as window mounts. On the other hand, because they are mounted on wheels, They can move pretty quickly so long as you aren’t camping on rough terrain. Putting the unit back in your vehicle will still require lifting it.
Even though air conditioners can provide a pleasant night’s sleep, some campers worry about the noise level. Despite the natural environment dampening AC unit sounds, you are right to be concerned about noise in your residence.
Choose your camping air conditioner carefully by paying attention to its dBA or decibel level. The AC should be no louder than 60 dBA, so you and your campground neighbours are not disturbed.
If you are concerned about your sleep and comfort, units over 70 dBA shouldn’t be used.
4. BTU (British thermal units)
That’s the most important feature to consider. Most likely, if you purchase a small ac unit, it won’t work well, and then you’ll complain about all the tent forums about how it doesn’t work at all.
On the other hand, going big and powerful won’t help either. In addition to paying ten times more, the device’s lifespan will be reduced by half by constantly switching on and off.
A portable air conditioner produces hot air that must be exhausted out of its hose (or hoses). In all our models, we include a window kit so that warm air can expel outside. Most portable air conditioners should be plugged in near a window.
If you don’t want to install them next to a window, you can put them anywhere else.
FAQs of Tent Air Conditioners
Can You Put a Portable Air Conditioner in a Tent?
When you are installing your air conditioner in your tent, you should consider ventilation and airflow. There might be no need to add any additional ventilation to the tent to accommodate the 12V battery AC unit.
Although electrical units will certainly require outside ventilation, they cannot be installed inside the tent.
Will an evaporative cooler work in a tent?
There are currently no ACs or evaporative coolers designed explicitly for tents.
If you have a commercial swamp cooler, you can use tubing to take cold air into your tent – just make sure it’s airtight.
Why do tents get so hot?
It is a solar gain that causes the tent to be warm when lying in direct sunlight. When that is removed, the interior temperature will be the same as the ambient air temperature.
It would be possible to tie a tarp to several tree trunks centred over the tent if trees are nearby.
Can I supplement AC’s functioning by insulating the tent?
You probably don’t need to make any changes to the original design of the tent, so you shouldn’t have to replace it.
A better solution is to either purchase a tent that fits your AC better or get an AC that efficiently functions within the tent’s space.